Create Account

S70 SMJHL PT #1 - New Places

Congratulations on being drafted! The hard work starts now, and your teammates are all ready to get to know you!.
Written option: You just walked into the lockerroom for the first time. How did your new teammates respond? Did they organize anything to welcome you and the other draftees to the team? Must include 150 words.
Graphic option: Make an image depicting a couple of members of your team hanging out together in the locker room. Must include the team logo somewhere.
Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)
Only S70 SMJHL Rookies (S71 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE, ISFL or SSL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.
Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: Sunday, March 26th @ 11:59pm PST

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

Simmer PT pass

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

For a Brit arriving in Newfoundland, 12th overall pick Adelbert Steiner wasn't really too sure what to expect. He'd trained & played in Canada before sure, but Newfoundland was a whole new level. It's safe to say he wasn't entirely ready for the east coast. 

However, what did help the dynamic defense man was the welcome he got from his new team, the Newfoundland Berserkers. Other than having to double check how to spell "berseker" more than a few times, he managed to fit right in to the warm welcome provided by his new club.

Most importantly, his new team are providing him with the means by which to reach his potential. Already coaching and their encouraging locker room ethos have done great deals to spur Steiner on to rise to the opportunity infront of him, and produce at the next level. The team activities right now might all be social and introductory - but everyone knows the real work begins soon.

the Carolina Kraken locker room is a place i am vaguely familiar with. my older brother Eddie Kastrba spent most of his short lived career playing for the Kraken back in the early s60s. being from a hockey family and seeing how i looked up to my brother, i would always try to tag along whenever i could… so ive met a good deal of the people involved with the club. the GM of Carolina was around to greet all the draftees, we locked eyes and he gave me the “i recognize you…” nod which always helps to calm the nerves. all of the current players were there to help acclimate us as well, i recognized a few of the names but no one i had really met before since those people have all moved on from the junior league. i was really surprised that i hadnt heard of any of the guys drafted along side me to Carolina, this draft seemed to have a good deal of names derivative of previous SHL stars.

174 words

To say that the last few months of Levin Schattenaxt's hockey career have been a whirlwind would be an understatement. Making the move to declare for the SMJHL draft early, and leaving Switzerland to land on the northern reaches of North America even before his 17th birthday was a bold move, but one that his friends and family fully endorsed - he had opened a lot of eyes in the U18 National Championship, and the Québec City Citadelles offered him a "draftable free agent" deal, which would see the young winger fill a roster spot that was up for grabs on the 3rd line. He found instant chemistry with his linemates, Jarrod Lakemore and Smurfunkel Dothe, and solidified one of the youngest teams in the league on their way to the second Four-Star Cup in franchise history.

Following the ecstasy of winning a championship even before having been through the drafting process, the festivities were cut short for Levin, as he had to prepare for a possible change of scenery, once his celebration tour with the Citadelles was over. Having been interviewed by most teams in the league, he felt good about his perspectives in the SMJHL, but still, some doubts lingered. Would some teams shy away from him due to his size, or even his origins? His doubts were however instantly dissipated when the General Manager of the Great Falls Grizzlies, Colin Gibbles - a name he remembered from watching the IIHF broadcasts back home in Pratteln - said his name while at the podium, selecting Schattenaxt with the fourth overall pick in the S70 draft.

Levin has now amassed quite a reputation at the league level, in a short amount of time. The next few days will be spent with his rookie class, forging bonds off the ice to prepare for the imminent training camp that awaits them, and a proper introduction with the Grizzlies' veterans. He already knows quite a few faces on the Grizzlies' roster - since he did face them in the playoffs last season - but learning to play with new teammates is another challenge altogether. It can be intimidating for a 17 year-old to walk into a locker room with young men that are a few seasons removed from playing in the big leagues... But Levin has been there before, and he can hopefully use this experience to help guide the rest of his cohort to a successful season in Great Falls.

(408 words)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

PT Pass

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

"Yep, that’s me. You’re probably wondering how I ended up in this situation."

[Image: 7M5GNn6.png]

[Image: 8FZ99SX.jpeg]

Upon entering the Vancouver Whalers locker room, I was really too excited to even process what was going on around me. The draft was still going on, but after hearing my name called in the second round, I could only focus on meeting my new general managers and teammates. I got sent a locker room invite immediately after being selected, and joined instantaneously. Infidel also joined at the same time, so it was totally cool to walk in with the other top defensive prospect that I get to work with. Hopefully we can hold this down for a few seasons and solidify the back end of the lineup. After the initial craze, I settled in and waited to see which prospects the Whalers would draft next. After all, I want our draft class to be awesome. Aleks and ArmTheSharks made some nice selections in the later rounds, even picking up some potential steals. Needless to say, it was a fun first day in the locker room and I’m excited for what the season will bring!

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

When you get selected in the top 3 at the draft, and this was a new experience for me, you don’t really get much of a chance to process what happens before you’re whisked off to what feels like 50 rounds of interviews and pictures. Bob, Oliver and I had our series of pictures as the overall top 3 in our new jerseys and hats, said congrats to each other and then went on our ways. I was able to catch up with Jay and Marshall a little bit later in the evening as things progress so that we could take some pictures for the Scarecrows Instagram. One of my favorite parts of the whole day was near the end when all the new Crows’ draftees, so Jay, Marshall, Kyle, Todd, Will, Francois, Dean and I, were able to find a moment to breathe and hang out for a bit in an empty room off the side of the convention center and just relax and find a moment to be excited to start this new season with St. Louis and hopefully have a great year together.

WC: 186

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

Going into the draft, I had a lot of good chats with a lot of teams. With name after name being read off, Mercedes Baylé was really unsure where she would be ending up. A lot of mocks had me going to St Louis at 3, Regina at 5, or Maine at 10. Those were the three spots that seemed to be most likely. As the names got read, Baylé kept getting passed on before her name was called with the 15th pick in the SMJHL draft by the Regina Elk. As soon as she was picked, she gets a text from Toxic Neutrality @sarah - no idea how Toxic even got her number. That was such a fun interaction and first welcome to the team. From there, she knew that she would fit in. Then, she just gets a pat on the back from another draftee - Just-to-Buy My-Love @JURT , yet another draftee in this draft. The interaction was great. It was now time to go from the draft location and travel to Regina to meet more of the squad. We are excited and excited to prove everyone wrong.

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

I was very excited to be drafted 8th overall By the Great Falls Grizzlies, upon my entry into the locker room i was given a warm welcome, With a lot of bear growls lol. it was great and i felt right at home. Being on the same team as my son Duga, is going to be great. I had a lot of talks with other GM's and what team i may end up at and im super excited that the Grizzlies drafted me. From the management to the team players i haven't had such a great welcoming to the team as i have with the Grizzlies. This is going to be an amazing adventure and cant wait to see what the future holds. Once again i cant thank the Great Falls Grizzlies enough for Drafting me. This is my first Team and look forward to contributing to help the team reach their goals. Cant wait for the start and get this going. Thank you.

[Image: CL16.gif]
Sigs made by me if you want one, Check out sig shop.

Johnny FourStar made quite the appearance upon arriving in Vancouver following the SMJHL Season 70 Entry Draft. After getting lost on the translink and showing up to practice late, teammate Jeff Lewis took offense and dropped the gloves. "If you're going to be late" Lewis says "you gotta pay the price." After getting his butt beat by Jeff Lewis, Anthony Simmons II said he'd ring FourStar's bell an entirely different way. Simmons spent the entire practice clapping pucks right at FourStar's dome. "If you're going to be late" Simmons says "you gotta pay the price." Johnny FourStar had had enough! He ran to the bathroom to leave a big fat mudpie. But who else did he run into but Kool Aid McKinstry. Kool Aid McKinstry said he'd ring FourStar's bell an entirely different way, and gave FourStar a big ol swirly right there in the stall! "If you're going to be late" Kool Aid says "you gotta pay the price."

Johnny FourStar learned one thing at his first practice with the Vancouver Whalers - if you're going to be late, you're gonna pay the price!

[200 Words]
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2023, 04:12 PM by Moe7171. Edited 2 times in total.)

On his way to the Nevada Battleborn locker room Shnopple Lopple was a bit nervous but wanted to make a grand entry. Shnopple Lopple for most of his trip to the locker rooms couldn't stop thinking about the draft and how excited he was to meet all of his newest team members. Shnopple Lopple thought "Wouldn't it be cool if I made a cool and funny first appearance when I step in the locker room." So, then he thought what he would do. He had a few ideas, but one stood out the most. "I'm going to run into the locker room with excitement and energy and scream Lets do this!!!!". All of Shnopple Lopple's teammates laugh and welcome him. The new teammates of Shnoople Lopple's shake his hand and welcome him. They all decide to talk about themselves to get to know each other and have a wonderful rest of their days.

(158 words)

“Welcome all new Knights!”

That’s what the banner said hanging over the door to the team’s head office. It seemed like this was the place to be. We were given a tour around the facilities, offices of the back-end staff, General Manager’s desk. That’s where we saw a lot of rookie names written on the white board in his office, obviously still there from last night’s draft. Some were scratched off; my two newest draftees were circled with a big smiley face beside there names. Then there was mine with a “Really???, who the f*ck drafted this guy!” Then a drawing of a steaming pile of shit beside it.

Our coach saw my eyes lock onto my name on the board and he sighed, shook his head and looked down. When he brought his eyes back up, to says something like “sorry, but we are happy to have you here.” He was surprised to see me squatting over the GM’s desk taking a big shit. I smiled and wrote my name on a piece of paper with a note saying he made a great draft pick, and left it beside my present. Just as I pulled my pants back up, the rest of the team showed up with the GM to welcome all of us, laughter broke out throughout the room well…everyone but the GM. The team took us out for some food, I suggested Mexican, as I wanted to leave the GM another great present.

The coach shook his head and said, “you will fit in just fine here.”

-260 words

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

Blanks was taken 27 overall. He was not aware of the player progression tool until today so big ups for finding it. Some teammates introduced themselves but he met everyone on the ice. Being a center, he learned quick about how much he needs to learn and what to expect from the juniors. Being pushed around isn't an option, he hopes to prove to his teammates that he is a physical force and great defender. He doesn't want to be flashy but wants to learn from his mistakes. Either way after his first practice he got a bunch of congrats and welcome to the clubs. Blanks is gonna be a huge part of the Timbers organization and being surrounded by that winning culture just gets him even more excited. He had a presser after practice and brought up the same exact things. He is sharing his apartment with the new draftees as well. So far, everyone is getting along and pushing each other to get better.

166 words

[Image: IMG_2927.jpg?width=1195&height=672]