Create Account

S70 mPT#2: The Bookworm

It's sad to say, but the book nerd on the team is me. All I do on team plane and bus rides is jump between reading financial literacy books, and cookbooks.

Code:
Words: 25+

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

LARGEST PUNISHMENT IN SHL HISTORY

That would actually be me, Dusty Rhodes. I read all the time, typically fantasy series or crime series. it's fun to try and figure out the ending and see how close you are to getting it right.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

I've noticed that the new guy, Dusty Rhodes, is always reading on the flights to our road games for the New Orleans Specters. I finally looked to see what he was reading, and it was The Art of War, which really makes sense for a guy who'd rather break a skull more than anything on the ice.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

It's me, I'm the nerd. I'm taking a break from my usual fantasy genre and reading Gene Kranz's autobiography "Failure is Not an Option", covering the history of the US space program from the Mercury missions through the Apollo program, which I highly recommend.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

I actually would not be able to talk badly about the players because thats me with the book. Except, no one knows because I download my books on my phone so everyone thinks I am just scanning social media or chirping birds. And then when I get bored, I play chess

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

The nerd of the trip during road trips and plane rides for the Montreal Patriotes of the Simulation Hockey League is definitely the noted nerd named Brick Wall, reading on how to goalie better.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Chimkin Wing is the biggest nerd on Buffalo. That guy is always reading his sci-fi fantasy books on the team plane. Never being social or going out with us.

[Image: dangle.png]
     Sig Credit: Ragnar
[Image: vaxlare.png]
Sig Credit: Moosey

Falcons  |  Raptors | Stampede |  Patriotes |  Czechia
[Image: vokU6Ra.png]     [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2023, 12:56 PM by Fantobens. Edited 1 time in total.)

Probably Konstantin selich. He seems like a nerd. And he is European. Probably rides a train too. Reading his books on a train. I want to spit on his glasses, then rub it with my fingers and hand them back.

[Image: HqPCLbj_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand]

The obvious nerd has to be Timo. He's a student of the game, always in the hockey theory books. It must be paying off, since he was an insane last minute addition to the blue line as a rookie last season despite being a forward and has been tearing it up as 2C this season, what a stud @narb111!

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders
[Image: YBIH.png]

Well that wouldnt really be a teammate unless i can be a teammate of myself, because I am that nerd on the plane ride typing away and doing  various computer things. 

31 words

Still roughly new to the team in regards to playing with them but I would say that I am the freaking nerd reading on the plane. Not so much books but Reddit posts, studying fantasy sports for my teams or if I have to say something in line with a book, then I do read Manga!

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

Its definitely @Caleb. My guy spends every waking hour of his time reading about how to rig the simulation that we all live in in our favor over in San Francisco.

[Image: Screenshot_87.png]

Ricky Koivu is the nerd of the group for sure. He recently dealt with a multiple days long power outage which made him turn to books to pass the time, and it ended up being a hobby that would stick with him long term. (44 words)

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

I think it's definitely gotta be nhamlet, with his nose in  an ebook though, probably looking up some cooking recipes or a strategy book for online hockey simulators

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

Steve Fudge is the team bookworm. As his name suggests, he comes from a long line of candymakers, originating with his great great great grandfather, Phineas Fudge, who created chocolate fudge. Steve often reads books on candy making and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, which he swears is a true story.

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner