Create Account

S71 PT #1: Public Relations
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2023, 03:08 AM by Salming.)

Player task:

Salming likes to interact with the fans. He is famous for his Twitter Q and A sessions. Or was before SHL PR and marketing department decided that they are not going to pay for Salming anymore about them. So, after that Salming needed to move his answer sessions to a social media site called Chirper. There he interacts with the fans weekly and chats with them about everything. In real life Salming also has always time for the fans when meeting them in the streets of Seattle or in the rink. Salming is not a guy who likes to small talk but he still likes to meet new people and sign their jerseys if asked. Or take selfies. Whatever it takes to boost jersey sales so the team gets more money and can pay better players next season. Sometimes Salming also visits in local schools to tell kids about his journey to a professional hockey player and what it demands. So yeah, Salming is active when it comes to public relations.

[Image: salming.png]

Prompt 2:

As Max Carnage is an avid collector of pinball machines and retro gaming consoles, since his rookie year, he has put together a retro gaming convention and tournament.

The convention offers people the chance to come in and buy and sell items to the retro gaming community like old consoles, old CRT TVs, pinball machines etc. There is also a few different tournaments that the convention runs such as:
* Blades of Steel (the old hockey game for the Nintendo Entertainment System)
* Super Tecmo Bowl
* Tetris
* A pinball tournament where high scores are compiled over a number of games

Max brings many of his own gaming consoles and pinball machines to be tested during the convention for all the attendees. He typically walks around interacting with everyone and a bit later in the day he serves his famous carnitas tacos he has affectionately dubbed Carnagas. All in all the convention has been a huge success since he entered the SMJHL.

[Image: 8FZ99SX.jpeg]

Prompt #1 and why is it that ownerships actually always make 1 specific SHL player do jobs they are employed to do! No, fuck it. Not this time! Isaac refuses and joins the Team Sas!

Also I am fairly sure Buffalo would never move considering the history and being 1 of the best, if not, the actual best New York team in sim leagues makes them a big market place. Like just do what New York City FC are doing to get a new stadium in Queens for MLS. Blackmail, exploit and persuade the correct people into giving you what you want! They should be able to get the masses of fans on board to get them a new stadium. Though I would help with naming it, happily. That is a responsibility I can get behind!

If not we can build a new stadium in Saskatoon and make them have a new fanbase. I hope Saskatoon Stampede makes sense cause I dig the alliteration on it.

[166 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

PLAYER PROMPT

Shnopple lopple really loves his fans and will do just about anything for his fans to be happy. Shnopple will boost his sales on his jersey by holding a mini event fort his fans to come to a certain place to sign any merchandise but will add an extra side not like an "your amazing" or "you rock" if it is Shnopples jersey. Shnopple will also take a picture with anyone if they ask for a picture. It will be an event he will hold a few times a year so as many of his fans can get signatures from him and not be stuck at work during and miss out. Another thing that Shnopple will do is he will interact with some of his fans on social medias during his free time. He won't be able to always respond but he will try his best to respond to as many as he can!

Written Task 2:

Sven is tremendously loyal to his fans. “Without them, none of this would be possible,” he has said to the media on numerous occasions. He is almost always the last player to leave the rink each night because he spends time signing autographs for anyone willing to wait. Sven has also created a charity called “Petterson’s Pups” which focuses on growing the game for local, underprivileged youth. He has purchased a small block of season tickets in the same section in order to provide an opportunity for kids to go to a professional game and learn more about hockey. He has also partnered closely with the Yukon Malamutes organization to provide equipment and clinics to local youth. It is also rumored that he has paid the season fees and ice time for numerous children so that they can continue to play regardless of family income levels. Beyond his commitment to the local youth, he has also been spotted at numerous local charity golf and fishing events – two of his favorite non-hockey activities.

172 Words

Player Prompt:

[Image: VlJRuGb.png]

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

The Arena Scare:

As one of the Nevada Battleborn's best and most important and handsomest player, the ownership has asked me to pump up the fans for their support in a new arena deal. Although I would love to play in Saskatoon, home of the WHL's Blades, I understand how important it is to the Nevada economy to have a successful franchise in their state. In order to get people to support a new arena, I would embellish the new features of the stadium. Some will call me a liar, but I will do anything for this country. Beer will be cheap! The seats will be pure leather! Every row gets their own servant! The bathrooms will have heated toilet seats! You want a McDonalds in the concourse? We got it! So many elevators. Anyways, I am happy to get on TV and lie more to our fans in order to convince them to give us money to build this luxurious arena in a desert.

Slavakov doesn’t see fit to go campaigning for money from the hard-working citizens of San Francisco for arena money. At the end of the day, he knows how much the Pride owners make and that they can more than afford to build a new arena if they wanted to. This is all merely a ploy because at the end of the day no team is willingly going to move to Saskatoon. What business sense would it make to go from sunny San Francisco, one of the largest markets in North America, to Saskatoon, cold and boring in the middle of nowhere Canada? Slavakov will not be used a pawn for the elite to take money out of the hands of the poor, and he has absolutely no issue telling the owners that. Chase Center is already one of the newer arenas in the SHL anyway, its not like we really need a new one.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

Philip Fry has a new mission now: to save his team's home. The beloved local arena faced closure, with the owner threatening to relocate the team to Saskatoon unless Baltimore built a new facility. Armed with passion, Philip embarked on a tireless campaign. He organized rallies, spoke at town hall meetings, and even started a social media movement. The community rallied behind him, sharing his message far and wide.

Philip's efforts seemed to be working. People began to realize the importance of the team, the arena, and the spirit they brought to the city. The momentum grew, and public support surged. As the final vote approached, Philip stood before the city council, nerves tingling. The council members listened intently to his impassioned plea. When the votes were cast, it was unanimous—his team's home would be saved. Cheers erupted, and Philip's heart soared. His hard work and determination had paid off. Baltimore celebrated, and Philip became a hero, not only on the ice but also in the fight for his community's future.

(172 words)
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2023, 02:14 PM by CrazyMojito.)

PLAYER PROMPT

The last thing Jack St. Clair needs to worry about is sweater sales. His popularity is through the roof with Edmonton fans and stores can't keep enough jerseys with his name on the back stocked. The number two overall pick from the Season 67 draft has been hyped since he first pulled that powder blue jersey over his head and threw on the winter fox cap. Captaining the Quebec City Citadelles to a championship, helping Team Canada win gold at the IIHF tournament, there are no shortage of JSC fans. Dude is also super good looking too so that helps.

That's not to say JSC doesn't recognize his fans. He loves meeting them in public and always takes the time to stop and sign autographs. He also likes to do meet and greets for fans and often tries to participate in community events to help raise awareness for all sorts of causes. At the end of the day though, its his performance on the ice that puts fans in the seats and opens their wallets and so far this season he has not disappointed!

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Prompt 2:

Crystal actually doesn't do the publicity stuff she does to boost engagement or sell jerseys or anything like that. She is a spokesperson for the Kelowna Tourism Board and does a lot of media for the team out of pure love for the city, team, and game. She bleeds green and gold now, and that's why she was made captain. When she agreed to do ads for the Kelowna Tourism Board, she did it under the condition that she actually get to go and visit the places and share her real opinions about them. Now that she was made captain, the sea of jerseys with her name and a little C on their chest in the stands makes her proud. She's proud to represent her new home city and her found family in Kelowna in anyway she can, and seeing the kids looking up to her is all the reward she needs for her work.

[Image: 8FnCVh9.jpg.]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

[Image: UmZVJaz.png]
[Image: 6gdbFeP.png][Image: auXbs4O.png]
[Image: 1oMA17u.png]

CREATIVE PROMPT

I was called into the office this morning to be briefed about a new assignment. The management team wants me to go around the city collecting signatures for approval on our new arena plans. While I am out and about in St. Paul, I will also need to gather information on what the fans really want in a new arena. I headed out and was pleasantly surprised at the reaction I was getting. Not a single person in Minnesota would ever shoot down a new arena deal for their home town team. My job was a cake walk, to say the least. Still, I went around collecting the signatures and gather what the fans want. One thing kept coming up, more free Hot Dog nights! I am told that that is a relativity cheap way to get people to sign off. I even came up with a catchy name for the night, Hot Dog Knights! I have a bad feeling there will be a lot of hot dog sword fighting in the stands.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2023, 03:19 PM by Jiggly_333.)

Prompt 1:
I don't care. Move to Saskatoon. See what happens. Wow, now you're in the middle of a fuckin prairie with seven people including "He Who Shall Not Be Named", so I guess it's just one person. Nah, I'd like to see you try to figure out any sort of relevant branding for a team in Saskatoon. The Saskatoon Prairie Dogs? What are we, the Sudbury Passionfruit Cocker Spaniels? Try again. Name one thing in Saskatoon other than lacrosse. Name one thing in that entire fuckin province. Name literally any other city in Saskatchewan, if you can call it a city. Don't you need to be up to at least five digits to be considered a city? I don't even think there's that many people in Saskatchewan and Manitoba combined. I don't care. Try moving the team to Saskatoon and see what happens. Waste millions of fuckin dollars to do what? What? Burning money harder than the AMPTP saying they don't need writers on-set, only to do an extra three months of reshoots.

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough

[Image: image.png]

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

The Philadelphia Forge due to excessive toxicity were given an ultimatum by the league to clean up their act or else the team would be relocated. As such, they had to forge a plan for their survival instead of for another cup. The first person they called as a figurehead who would help clean things up and promote their new arena was none other than Ricky Koivu. As a mild mannered and controversy avoiding player on the team, they thought nothing better than to have him be the spokesperson. Ricky didn't really know where to start, as he isn't really a people person, so his main plan to win people over was promise on social media that Scoochie Stratton would be leaving the team in order to boost the team profile. He didn't expect much from this plan, but sure enough just booting the team's backup goalie was enough for the Forge to recoup their stellar reputation across the league, and dispel any rumours of a move to Saskatoon. The team was grateful to Koivu for his work, especially considering Stratton would be canned even if the team did have to relocate. (192 words)

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]