Create Account

S71 PT#3: Hangups and Hangovers

PT Pass

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]

Player Prompt
The atmosphere in the stadium is electric. The Elk have just won a hard fought game against Yukon and the players and fans are going nuts. While most of the team goes to the club as Regina has a bunch of party animals on the team, Willow is not one of them. She does not mind talking to fans but to spend an entire night drinking and socializing with them is a bit much for her personal preference. After the media has dispersed and the party animals have headed out to the club, Willow heads to the apartment she shares with teammate Ally Matheson and fires up her computer to get into some Counter Strike practice while she hangs out in a Discord call with her teammates in game. If she’s feeling really wild she’ll even make a nice glass of hibiscus tea to help her relax after the stresses of the night, granted she’s up till 2AM anyway but it’s nice to relax.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

Having to play in a community college stadium wasn't exactly the dream sold to him when he moved over to play in Canada from the United Kingdom ey but oh well. Hockey isn't that big a deal back home for Adelbert Steiner so he grew up and even began his pro career playing in things that either barely qualified as stadiums, or the stadiums of other sports temporarily converted to the ice for hockey. Ultimately speaking it was more like a nostalgic return to reality for Steiner than anything else. All in all, no harm no foul, wait hold up did somebody say egging a house? Now that's a traditional UK passtime for deliquent youths. Steiner barely waited to ask where the councillor lived, and he was our the door with two dozen of mother hen's finest and a throwing arm feared all across the villages of North Essex. It was time for some real shot% training to kick in.

[Image: 6bdkPCS.png]

PT pass

GM of Canada in the WJC S56

S56 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for Canada

[Image: ddIlIkT.png][Image: qzGJBye.png]

[Image: GMGumba.gif]

Can't live with em...

That son of a bitch, okay, alright... That's how it goes eh? Yes, I would go and play in the 5k-seat college stadium because it's how much I want to play for my team DESPITE having said in the other task that I demand the best amenities in order to perform at my best. I know this will be but a temporary solution and while that happens I will take it upon myself to make the councilperson's life a living hell.

I'll study up on the individual, I'll even seek private investigators in order to be able to prove that the whole thing was falsified. I'll take to social media and traditional media with my information and I will try to gather support to demand that the councilperson be fired OR will work to sue them or have them get arrested. Then... I'll focus on the team owner. Who thanks to his own actions keeping me from having the best equipment because he's a cheap bastard.

I COULD request a trade, but I love this team and this city that much.
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2023, 11:24 PM by leviadan. Edited 1 time in total.)

I'm the professional for sure. Not because Burlok can't party, but because I'm old and tired now. Maybe back in his Texas days you could catch Burlok buying rounds for people and having a giant hotdog at 4am on a day off, but now a days? Dudes damn near 37 which for a pro hockey player is getting up there. I need my sleep and I need my quiet time.

I think you also come to realize in nearly 20 pro seasons that it doesn't matter what your teammates are up to when they aren't at the rink, so long as they're ready to play come game time. You want to party non-stop from the moment practice ends to the moment the game starts and do it again when it ends? By all means, as long as you're fit and able to play your heart out on the ice there's no problem.

There's also a simple fatigue management aspect to this all for Burlok. He knows that you need to keep some gas in the tank for long playoff pushes. And at his age the tank don't hold that much gas any more. The more nights he can get a good quiet sleep, the deeper into the playoffs he can make a difference.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=663a63f4&is=66391274&hm=70...8f89c3f46&]

PLAYER PROMPT

We have established over and over that Viktor Hargreeves is far and away a boring guy in terms of what he does for fun. Handing the rookie an 'A' for his debut with the San Franciso Pride only helped further set this in stone. He wakes up, he goes to practice, he trains likes it's a bag skate, and he makes his mark in every arena night after night. And then he goes home and goes to bed. Dude never sees a beer outside of Christmas/New Year celebrations. A nickname somewhere along the lines of Captain Scowl is surely going to be his in the near future, but as long as his teammates continue to show up and play just as hard Viktor doesn't care how hard anyone parties. In fact, it would ease a whole lot of his anxiety and guilt over feeling like he should make more public appearances if his fellow Pride guys and gals basked in all the glory he very much does not want. In conclusion, party on everybody but don't you dare call it in on a single shift the day after.

Code:
189 words

[Image: loreoh.gif]
[Image: eP8F2Ne.png][Image: xm4idGe.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png][Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

I've always been one to participate in said "ragers". However, I enjoy being well-rested for the next game, so I try to find a happy medium between the two. I'm showing up at nine-thirty ready to go, we're ordering three beers right off the bat and a big bonus if some fans buy them for me, right after that we're hitting three jager bombs back to back to back without hesitation, maybe sing a few victory songs with the fans, hell I'm a big table dancer I love to get on top of tables and hit a jig or two, shoot the shit with a couple of the boys and once it's two in the morning we're hitting the sack hard so that we can get home at an appropriate time, not piss of coach and not feel like an absolute sack of shit in the morning, even if I do good ol' Pedialyte and the legend McChicken are always there for me when I need them most, totally not sponsored at all.

[Image: hammer_time_sig.png]

[Image: gXlAFBa.png][Image: 8CbZQAJ.png][Image: IhVx0wj.png]

PLAYER PROMPT - Written

I fully support the fans going and partying after a big win over a rival, but Antonio Flusso will absolutely make no appearance. Beating a rival is good, and despite what some people say, not every game is the same, as beating a rival is as sweet as any Halloween candy from your youth. But to openly celebrate? Get hammered during the regular season, knowing another game is around the corner? No chance in hell. Now that isn't to say a professional athlete can't have their fun, but that seems to me like a reckless use of one's energy when we've got more games ahead of us. Winning a championship is something that I was fortunate enough to have done, and has given me a little clarity honestly. Even though it happened early in my career, it's something I appreciated. And that's the only time when a wild unadulterated party is acceptable in our shoes. To celebrate anything less than that is how the kids and elderly say "lame". If my teammates choose to go, so be it. But I'm not fighting off a hangover, playing a garbage game and getting shipped to Siberia before the week is out. Or wherever players not playing up to par get sent to.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Prompt 2

Baku is passing on that club tonight, thanks. He knows better from the last time he went—that owner’s club, The Light Room, lives up to the name. He says it caters to a “higher quality clientele” near the arena district… and that sounds about white. While Baku would have no trouble getting in (night of a big win a few blocks from the arena, and he assisted on the game winning goal?) But he knows he’d be one of the few faces that look like him, and his coaches and GMs warned him to stay safe after he almost got into a fight the last time (note, he didn’t start it, a few drunk finance bros decided to be idiots and pick a fight with a 6’6” professional athlete built like a linebacker). He won’t be giving his contract money back to the owners at his club. One of the team’s rookies says he’s going to the club, though, and is surprised when Baku says no (he won’t elaborate). Lord Raiden pulls the rookie aside to explain some things about the world as the rookie looks so very dazed.

He and a few of the other players instead went to celebrate at a cocktail bar they like a little further from the arena. There is a more private booth they usually get when they come in that limits issues.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Marcel Beck always goes to bed at 9:30. But as the atmosphere of the town is electric, he can't help but wonder if an appearance would be the right move. While the party is enticing, Beck will most likely choose to remain a professional and stay home. After all, its not like we wont the cup. Every player has their own way of unwinding and celebrating - for Beck, that is watching a nice movie in bed and ordering in pizza. Some may find solace in the vibrant nightlife, while others may prefer quieter moments. Staying home and not partying is Beck's decision and way of staying committed to the grind of the season. While the one win was great, there a bunch more ahead this season in Winnipeg's quest for the cup. There is a long term vision, and Aurora players can't be sidetracked from the ultimate goal. Besides, we win all the time.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

PBE Affiliate

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

The way Cormier would react to such a complexe situation surrounding arena construction would be if the main factors affecting a timely quality constructions came from the ownership group. As a new player in the league I find this would be very telling of the owners spending habbits and if they're willing to cheap out on some of these costs it would make you wonder where the line is drawn for them and what else they are currently cheaping out on, and will cheap out on down the line. As far as the arena itself goes, I'd have no problem playing in a college arena for a few seasons if the reasons for the delay were outside of our control, and the promise of a better arena and facilities are there. It's not ideal, but much like the fans, if the players show a commitment through the hard times, the fan to player connection will stay strong and the franchise can come out the other side as strong as ever, with maybe even a few more hardcore fans as a cherry on top.

ISFL affiliate

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

PBE affiliate

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!