Create Account

S72 PT #1: Above-Average Ambassador

The aliens pull up 4 chainz to their rocket ship. They of course are fascinated by his gold chains because gold is a rarity from the galaxy that they came from. Their planets are all ice which is why they are so intrigued by the sport of Hockey. 4 chainz starts by teaching them the rules which is difficult due to the language barrier but they understand the punching and checking so thats good enough. As soon as they start to scrimmage they all seem like naturals. The skating and footwork is impeccable since they live on ice planets, and the additional 8 legs and 8.5 eyeballs allows their ice vision to be another level. Most of the games tend to be low scoring as the goalies are too well equipped and aware to get the puck past them but overall i think they are excited to be able to bring this back home and teach everyone. Rumor is we'll see them in the next Olympics.

[Image: f7.png]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: crunksig2.png]

PT Pass

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Preseason Prep:

This is Ace Lightning's fourth and last season in the SMJHL and with the Nevada Battleborn, and let's just say he hasn't exactly improved since the offseason of season 2. Yes, somehow he won the Best Defenseman Award last season but he hasn't lifted a weight or run a lap in seasons now. His roster spot is secured at this point anyways, and he's got the SHL on his mind. Ace Lightning gets ready for training camp by eating a lot of carbs, Michael Scott style. Spaghetti, fettucine alfredo, bread, all the good stuff. He eats a load of it 24 hours before the start of the preseason, which could explain why he never does very well and seems a step behind. Perhaps for next offseason, he could carbo-load 48 hours before the start of training camp and see if that makes a positive difference.

PLAYER PROMPT - Preseason Prep

Written Task: Tell me about your player's preseason routine. How do they get ready for training camp? How seriously do they take the preseason? Are they going all out to keep an iron grip on their roster spot? Do they coast to save their strength for the real games? Somewhere in between? (150+ words)

Lazer Gato's skills on the ice are directly tied to his Cat Like instincts(and possibly his ability to shoot lazers from his eyes). So the true key to Gato's preseason routine is applying his offseason training on the ice. First off chasing rats through the streets of Charlotte North Carolina can be applied to chasing down the puck when there's a scramble on the ice. Making kitten biscuits in the offseason can be applied to a rock solid stick grip and is directly applicable to improved stick and puck handling. That is all to say while Gato doesn't do much hockey training in the offseason, he puts every bit of effort into preseason to sharpen up his skills and be ready for the regular season. After all the season is long enough, a bit of effort in a few preseason games is well worth the practice. While the coaches surely do not approve of Gato's offseason routines, once he hits the ice in preseason his roster spot is all but assured.

[Image: wizard_literal2.gif]
[Image: SZRCDpe.png]

At the end of the day Slavakov doesn’t really have to try when it comes to preseason anymore. Being a veteran in the SHL for so long his roster spot is secure, and being the assistant captain to boot means he’s going to be in the lineup no matter what. There’s no need to try in preseason because the games don’t mean anything. The GM’s already know who’s made the team and who hasn’t so why try and beat a teams 3rd string goalie? What does that really show I can bring to the team? The best value that comes out of preseason is getting some ice time with the rookies, and this season that was very useful for San Francisco with Doug and Scholz coming up from the SMJHL. Slavakov will be playing with Bara this season after Wilson was paired with Doug, so learning to play with a new D partner has some value too I suppose.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

Philip Fry couldn't believe his eyes when he received an otherworldly message. Extraterrestrials had discovered Earth's "Ho'Kii" broadcasts and were eager to learn the game. Excited by the prospect of spreading his love for the sport to the stars, Fry agreed.

He boarded their gleaming spacecraft, where the aliens' curiosity and enthusiasm were palpable. Eager to make the learning process fun, Philip started with the basics, using holographic projections to demonstrate the rules and techniques. The aliens, with their tentacles and antler-like appendages, had a unique approach, but they were quick learners.

As the training progressed, hilarity ensued. Fry laughed as he watched the aliens chase the puck with surprising speed and coordination. They adapted their physiology to the game, creating awe-inspiring moves. Their teamwork and camaraderie were incredible, and soon they were scoring goals like seasoned pros.

The intergalactic "Ho'Kii" championship took place with the aliens' newfound skills on full display. Their opponents stood no chance against their otherworldly finesse. In the end, they thanked Philip for bringing the joy of "Ho'Kii" to their civilization, turning the sport into a universal sensation.

(183 Words)

Creative prompt

Georg teaches with enthusiasm regardless of race, even if it is something out of this world in where we live in. Getting abducted before the big game against Edmonton did smell like a conspiracy theory the Blizzard squad and the aliens had planned out together, but in the end hockey does belong to everyone.

N'Zola tried teaching the aliens some human hockey but they were not relatively great at it. Mostly because of their anatomy which does not allow them to wear proper hockey gloves, resulting in sub-par slapshots and shots in general as well as lacking stickhandling when it is very much harder to maintain on your hands. Almost all goals are exclusively now wristshots and the ones who are able to perform a decent slapshot are now considered superstars or close to it. Skating is also relatively hard for the aliens because of their anatomy. Their feet being flat as a 2-by-4 and not having a foot vault means that the game is very much posession heavy, much like football - but on ice.

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

During the offseason Jack St. Clair likes to take a break from hockey where he will play golf, baseball, and soccer to keep himself active and of course works out to stay in peak physical shape. As the season approaches and training camp nears, he gets back on the ice and starts working on drills and such. He likes to take this approach to off-season so that come time for pre-season games he has his hunger and desire to get out there and play hockey. Everytime Jack steps on the ice for a game, he brings the same passion and fiery energy whether it be pre-season or game 7 of the finals. While his spot on the team is never in question, he ramps up the tenacity to make sure that come regular season he is in peak game form. He also motivates his teammates to take pre-season more seriously so that they too can be ready to go when the games start to matter.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2023, 03:04 PM by Kaliyevl34l.)

I'm not as good with graphics so this is my attempt to make an alien in a hockey jersey, it's terrible I know

CREATIVE PROMPT / STORY MODE - Alien Space Bats

[Image: 20230802-150043-0000.png]

[img]```[Image: W6NIRSC.jpg]

[Image: kaliyev-1.png]

Graphic Task: Show me your player lacing up before the first game of the season!

[Image: Ox7HyfW.png]

BASE PACK had a liquor bar installed next to his spot after reading all his "fan" mail from the previous season

[Image: hw6Eojc.png]

[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

PBE PT

[Image: Mumei-REG-Sig.png]
[Image: 6eVg1pG.png]

Because of Wisconsin's general demeanor, I think it would honestly be hilarious to watch her be the one to teach an alien how to play hockey. It'd end up as some sort of slapstick comedy with her as the straight man. Sure, the montage sequence would include her actually teaching the alien the basics of hockey: Skating, shooting, passing, general puck handling. But then the alien just tries to copy everything she does and soon enough it's just the two of them leaning up against the boards vaping. The alien is just gonna start assuming that all of the weird things she does is actually a part of hockey and not just things that she does. She doesn't speak the entire time either, just doing the motions over and over again until the alien got it right. She's a horrible communicator, why would she be a good teacher? Well, she was in a special military outfit, so maybe she's even familiar with the alien she's dealing with.

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2023, 06:53 PM by Sizz. Edited 1 time in total.)

CREATIVE PROMPT / STORY MODE - Alien Space Bats

Max fires up the CRT TV with built in VCR that was in the back of the storage closet in the Nevada Battleborn locker room and pops in the 1980 Olympics from Lake Placid. Before Max can start his crash course in hockey, one of the aliens pops some weird little fish in his ear and Max can immediately understand what the aliens are saying. While Max is explaining the rules and strategy of the game of hockey though, the aliens seem to become even more enamored with the sport. He also explains that this specific USA team wasn't composed of superstars, but managed to build a team chemistry which is integral for success.

Max acts as liaison between the "Saucers" (the aliens liked that name due to the fact that a saucer pass is a term in hockey) and the Battleborn. Due to their extreme intelligence and powers of telekinesis, the Saucers brutalize the Battleborn in their first game 19-1. They soon depart, vowing to spread the game of hockey to other parts of the universe.

177 words

[Image: 8FZ99SX.jpeg]

isfl affiliate

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]