Create Account

S72 PT #1: Above-Average Ambassador

PLAYER PROMPT - Preseason Prep

Never doubt the prep of a German and the schedule he keeps. Especially since there's no new Survivor during the summer. Obviously, Marton will be watching some his favorite old episodes to keep his head in the game and his energy pumped. But the ol' VCR will also be burning through the game tape he makes the team's intern burn onto VHS tapes. They don't call him the smartest little big guy in the game for nothin'.

And this season has been all about jumpstarting the offense. It's one thing to get down in the corners and keep the stick active, especially against juniors. But now he's up against some vets, holding down second line minutes and seeing action on the first power play unit. There's been a ton of time in the gym, bringing the legs up to speed (literally) and keeping the heart pumping. Plus focus on movement below the dots and shooting from them hard angles. The team needs scoring and Marton is determined to have a hand in that.

[Image: YpRQWIT.png]
Sig courtesy @sulovilen

[Image: SyiOY8U.png][Image: showthread.php?tid=126581%5D][Image: ywpNoYb.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2023, 03:37 PM by PapaSorin. Edited 3 times in total.)

Prompt 1B

[Image: photostudio-alien.jpg]

[Image: photostudio-1720667986458.jpg]

Player Prompt

Ashford doesn't really have a set routine for the off-season. In all honesty his motivation has been in the gutter for a while despite winning gold in the IIHF and having a stellar final season in Vancouver. He was considering early retirement after the last season but has decided to keep on going despite everything. So his routine this off-season has been a little different than normal as he reported to training camp not even remotely close to being in game shape. He's going to have to go the Shaq route and get ready during the season. He's hoping to take things more seriously in the future but it has definitely been rough going to start the season. He can't skate like he used to and his game is all off. Next season he's hoping to have a better routine down so he can report ready and help Tampa Bay moving forward.

[Image: v1uynGf.png]

Highlanders

Renegades  raiders  Finland
[Image: WuTGq5J.png]

Written task

I mean preseason or regular Kevin's been bad at both anyways in the past few seasons. He's been trying to do the hardest and the only thing that came out was a average 20 point season and being outplayed by his teammates first ever season. His routine was always to look at the best players in the SMJHL or the SHL and work on the defensive and offensive workouts. Well he found out after the average season or should I say horrible and the routines behind the season was a left wingers routine. I mean the preseason is were you probably do the most extreme stuff to help you get out of your average season to a less average better player. So Kevin, did just that. In one day everyday, he did defensive and offensive trainings. Starting from just trying to get balanced to training his hockey IQ and what to do in specific situations. Maybe it will help?

[Image: hbtB38x.png]
                                                  Canada Knights Monarchs Thank you Enigmatic for the sig!  Monarchs Knights Canada
                                                                      [Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Monarchs Knights [Image: YADp0uU.png] 

Kermit Murphy, the increasingly past his expiration date defender, has been gearing up for his debut season with the Baltimore Platoon in the upcoming SHL campaign. After an offseason trade from the Seattle Argonauts, where he spent his entire career, he's feeling the pressure of both new surroundings and living up to the expectations of the trade that brought him here.

Murphy's preparation has been nothing short of meticulous. Focused on acclimating to the Platoon's style of play, he's been studying game tape with the team video staff and arrived to the city several weeks ahead of training camp to get acclimated to the facilities. Off the ice, he has been working closely with the team's trainers to rehab lingering injuries to the felt in the meniscus of his right knee, which was damaged after a loose thread got caught in the puppeteer's wristwatch during a training session in the spring.

As the SHL season draws near, Kermit stands ready to embrace this new chapter of his hockey career, with the hopes of leaving an positive mark on the Baltimore Platoon and making his presence felt throughout the league as his career nears its end.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

ray is always training for his game, he knows nothing but the grind for success and almost lives at the rink, one day, ray slept in and wasn't at the rink by 3 am, and the guy who cleans the rink had to like alert the local authorities because he thought he got like kidnapped or something. ray is always focused on improving his game, nobody has ever been in his house because he isnt there either usually, but it is rumored that he has a giant home gym in his house too, and a bunch of other workout related items, such as supplements and preworkout. nobody really knows how ray is constantly working out and why he really doesnt improve as much as he probably should, but ray has never heard the word "day off" and if he ever wins the cup, his day with it will probably be at the gym or something, maybe with the arena janitor, who knows really

[163 words]

[Image: image.png?ex=6609a4ec&is=65f72fec&hm=dc3...621ee4a47&]

[Image: gdppv5N.png]
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2023, 11:30 PM by leviadan. Edited 1 time in total.)

You know how bats can interpret location data based on sound waves? How it's second nature for them to form a physical picture of an area based on the bouncing and travelling of sound waves? Well turns out these aliens are like that but for electrical waves. They have an innate ability to rapidly gather data from any signal, including its origin and the context in which is was created. As such, just by being near a human and processing the electrical signals fired off in our brains, they can garner a complete and total understanding of how our mind works as well as all of our skills, abilities, and memories.

Simply by asking Burlok about hockey, the aliens can trace the electrical signals through his brain and understand every pathway that leads to every bit of muscle memory and every little protein that stores the bits of data that make up the rules of the game. They instantly become better than him, as they can access the full map of the hockey part of the brain, and then find faster and more efficient ways to draw those networks and store that data. It comes as easy to them as breathing. It's just a shame that breathing doesn't come as easy to them as breathing, because what they have in electrochemical understanding they lack in oxygen processing. They need big goofy helmets full of water in order to survive on Earth. It's kind of like a reverse Sandy from Spongebob situation.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=668e1b34&is=668cc9b4&hm=9f...0c8f0c8fb&]

The United States government confirmed aliens exist, but that's not something foreign to Leon Rizzton. The night before opening day of the new season, he was abducted by extraterrestrials himself.

"Aw man, I have a game tomorrow! Coach is gonna be pissed." Rizzton said while he was being abducted into a UFO. Turns out the aliens just saw him on the news of a local station and were intrigued by what sport he was playing, as it is not something seen outside of earth. The channel was doing a segment showing highlights of the newly acquired Maine Timber player to prepare the state of Maine for the new SHL season. Although the aliens didn't speak English, naturally, Rizzton was still able to show them how the game is typically played with the hockey stick he keeps in his pants.

Rizzton taught them the art of defense, specifically shot blocking, which is his expertise. "You have to make sure your body is in a lane of the shot, just no important body parts taking the blunt of the puck." He explained, as the aliens tilted their heads in confusion. "Right. You don't speak English."

The aliens caught on with what Rizzton was explaining, and soon enough they made homemade hockey sticks and formed into two teams with a goalie on each back end. Needless to say, no aliens scored any goals after the Rizzler showed them how to effectively shot block. Scoring goals is for nerds.

[Image: rizzton.png]
Leon Rizzton - Defenseman - Timber  - Sig made by KaleSalad!

PBE affiliate

[Image: 6bdkPCS.png]

I need to stay in game shape year round. A player of my age (doing the math, 26 seasons in, assuming I was drafted at the age of 18, 18 + 26 = 44) can not afford to get lazy in the off season because it is just so much harder for me and my body to bounce back to the level expected to maintain a roster spot. And that is considering I am on a team where roster spots are a little easier to come by. There is no way I will ever again expect to play on a playoff contender as I can not possibly beat out the competition fighting for those spots. As a result, I need to maintain my physique as close to peak (to my peak as a 44 year old man) as long year round as long as I can because I am not ready to retire yet. I will play until my mind gives out, or teams stop giving me contracts.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Written Task: The night before opening day, your player is contacted by extraterrestrials. They have seen broadcasts of this hu-mon sport of "Ho'Kii" and want you to teach their crew the rules. How does your player teach the game? Are the aliens any good at it? (150+ words)

Seamus is a little confused on how to best teach the game of hockey to people who have never seen human sports before. First of all, he had to explain how to be competitive to this alien race that had unified as a people thousands of years ago. It was questionable why anyone would want to introduce fake conflict and why you would do it while inconveniencing yourself on ice. In fact, they tried to sell Seamus that american football was a superior pastime. So Seamus had to show the difference between running and ice speed and that hockey was a sport about skill and physicality at high speeds. The aliens did not seem to be able to get past basic skating. It could have been due to their four legs and having to somehow come up with new methods of skating. When I put a stick in their hands they were just getting the basics of hitting the puck before they were called away on a interplanetary emergency. I will have to do some thinking about how best to continue if they return.

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

Player Prompt, Written Task:

Roddy Banes is reaching the point in his career where getting ready is no longer an option; the key now is staying ready (to paraphrase the late great Chi Chi DeVayne). Time and the wear and tear of ten seasons of hockey are wearing on Roddy, and regression is a slow and unstoppable beast. The off-season is all about nutrition, and keeping his fitness level up. He'll take a week, maybe 10 days after the end of IIHF play to relax and spend some quality time at home on the West Coast, eating sushi, touring breweries, and was lucky enough to get in one last meal at Hoy's Wonton House before it closed down for good.

But after that brief respite, it's right back to the grind. He'll stay at his home in Vancouver for the offseason, training with some SHL friends and comrades who say there. Jogging along the seawall, cycling, running the Grouse Grind like he's Daniel Sedin; it's a good city for getting outdoors. Once the summer begins to wane, he always tries to be one of the first Patriotes back in town, getting his ice legs under him. From the last weekend in August you can usually find him at the Patriotes practice facility, running drills, shooting at whichever Junior goalie is there for practice, and working on his shot-blocking. It's a tough life, being a top-pair defensive defender, and it requires a lot of work. But once the season starts, Roddy will be ready.

[Image: banes.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2023, 10:30 AM by MikeLiut. Edited 2 times in total.)

PBE affiliate

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon
Co-GM - Maine Timber

[Image: ekaterina-valieva-spotlight.png]
Thanks @xjoverax for the sig!

Preseason is always a crucial period in every season, despite it happening before the opening night puck drop. A contending team’s aspirations can only be measured by how seriously they have taken every step of the process, by judging the amount of effort the collective unit poured into drills, on-ice prep, off-ice prep and personal life hygiene. As the newly voted Captain of the Los Angeles Panthers, Derek Martin does not take this lightly, and as such feels more compelled than every to be an example of rigourous and disciplined training,. Its all about routine and making sure everything is done right, from personal life elements (diet, sleep, personal hygiene, mental balance) to hockey related elements (gym training, cardio drills, puckhandling drills, etc.) This said, he’s taken a few steps to also build team chemistry, namely paying for team meals, planning team outings to axe throwing places, mini-golf, team hikes, golf games and just generally providing ample opportunity for team bonding. Let’s hope this works well!

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders

Conner Snooks spends his offseason is near Salzburg Austria, where he goes hiking the in Alps and enjoys de-connecting from the world for a few weeks. Now that he is a more grizzled member of the SHL and EDM, they don't require him to come to training camp as soon, so that means maximum time with his daughter Viktoria and Lias in Austria. Eventually, he returns to the cold dark north of Edmonton and begins training camp with the team. He usually just spends his days at practice, usually yelling at Justin Time to actually make saves for once. But he spends the off days and nights with his daughter in Edmonton, showing her the city, getting her settled in school, hiding her from the public. He sort of as one eye on the prize of a second cup and one eye on what happens next after he's no longer a player. Soon Viktoria starts a pro career of her own in soccer. Maybe he will follow her around.

[Image: 0wXevO1.gif]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: zS2lCMp.png]

[Image: wiqZK8C.png]