Create Account

S72 PT #1: Above-Average Ambassador

[Image: FVwTtji.jpeg]

This delights me.

[Image: michiganshl.gif]

Code:
Written Task:  Tell me about your player's preseason routine. How do they get ready for training camp? How seriously do they take the preseason? Are they going all out to keep an iron grip on their roster spot? Do they coast to save their strength for the real games? Somewhere in between? (150+ words)
This pre-season and offseason is very important for Bruno Tooyo. Not only is it the first season where Bruno has the most TPE on his team and will have to play a lot of minutes in order for his team to be competitive, but it is also a prove it year since it is the final year of his contract.
With the way last season played out, Bruno wants to make sure that he is in the best shape of his life in order to be able to compete at the high level of the SHL and the opponents there are in the league.
He has been training with the likes of Connor McDavid, Nathan Mackinnon and even Sidney Crosby, he has signed up with Gary Roberts for his conditioning camp and his nutrition plan. He is making sure that his body is in the best shape of his life because the body and mind have to be ready for battle for this upcoming season.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

Trying to explain hockey to aliens is not the easiest thing to do. Already the sport is hard enough to try and explain, then tell them that all of it happens while standing on two sharp knives while moving around on a large sheet of frozen water.

I think the easiest way to try and explain the game would be to give the general premise. Holding a stick, moving a puck (or a small black piece of rubber) and trying to get it passed the opposing team’s goalie. Now, I didn’t get too specific with the rules, because there are way too many and it would take me all day to try and explain it. That being said, they wanted to give it a try and they were surprisingly good when it came to shooting the puck. They were extremely strong and flexible so the puck was flying to the net. There needs a lot more finesse in other areas, but they’re surprisingly solid for never playing.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

HA! You want me to teach an alien how to play hockey? I am still not even sure I know how to play. But I guess hockey 101 starts with learning how to ice skate. But do I first have to teach what ice is? What water is? I will go with no for now.

While learning to skate will take a while (or if they have a ton of legs maybe it is easy?), we can start learning the basics of hockey. I would start with street hockey so they get the idea of the puck (ball) getting hit by a stick and going into the net. Then start adding some specific player types (Forward, defense, goalies) and then add in the lines on the rink to show where to perform certain actions. From there we get into more technical parts like faceoffs and rules regarding where things happen.

Once they have the core knowledge down and hopefully learned some skating skills we can try to start on the ice with a puck. I figure this whole process will take a significant amount of time and they would likely have found out I do not know anything about hockey and hire a real coach.

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

Barg Hazbite has one mission in life. Score goals and spread root beer propaganda. Okay, well that's two missions, but that's what he lives for. So what he does better than anyone else during the preseason is score goals. He knows the buffoon 8th liners are trying to earn their spot on the team but he kicks them to the bench so he can beat up on the other team's 8th liners. And after he scores he takes his rightful place on the throne beside his coach until some bozo 8th liner screws up and he rips back out on the ice to demonstrate awesomeness. While he's sitting on his throne he is searching the stands for fans in white shirts so that he can have a meet and greet with them after the game and douse them in root beer. White shirts, because it's like a root beer white tee shirt contest. And that's basically how training camp goes. He doesn't train so much as he is busy building his fandom and having root beer spraying and drinking fun. What an awesome can that Barg guy is.

[Image: mmflex.png?ex=6587840c&is=65750f0c&hm=49...0873cbea2&]

Affiliate ISFL PT

PLAYER PROMPT - Preseason Prep

With couple players gettin call-ups to SHL and couple joining from the draft the teams core still there and is sliding into next phase of the rebuild. Preseason was all about steep learning curve workouts, tactical stuff and games. I jumped in the already begun training camp pretty smoothly and team seems not to be concerned about us rarely getting any points. For me, the games has been harsh yet again, but I already got used to it mentally. Keeping mental side positive is one of the most important things as we jump into the real deal. On this seasons training camp have been working on pretty much all aspects, including muscle strength, but that doesn't mean being less agile in the net. Personally, I don't have to compete for being the starter goalie, so the tension isn't there, also as whole team: rooks understand being in second and third line is one of the best situations they could be.

168 words.

Rage Falcons Latvia Latvia Falcons Rage
[Image: HOlloway.png]

Player Prompt:

The preseason is an interesting time in the SHL, because it's one of the few opportunities to try out new lines or strategies without impacting important regular season games. It's a wild week for some teams, experimenting with new combinations and lineups that would never see the light of day in a normal game, and one of the few times we see major shifts in the way teams play in the league. That said, because preseason games are held to such a low standard, and everyone is doing something weird, it's hard to say we ever really learn anything from the games themselves. Unlike the NHL, where prospects regularly get called up for preseason games to test them at the highest level, the rosters are exactly what we see in the season here, which begs the real question: Why even have a preseason anymore? We could just as easily scrap a few preseason games in favor of a bigger regular season, or cut down on the overall length of the season for a better turnaround time, both of which would be more engaging than the preseason we have today.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

The aliens to put it simply are flat out terrible at hockey. Meowski starts with the basics of just tick handling and not trying to lose the puck. He tries everything that is rough the same shape and size from a puck to a ball to street hockey. While they are not very good at shooting the power behind their shots is undenied. While with them they manage to break all sorts of objects as the repeatedly fire pucks like crazy lunatics all over the place. Due to the language barrier between alien and cats, it is made even worse. They struggle to find common sounds or sign language to communicate so that further worses Meowski's explinations of the sport. They also struggle especially with any ice. Upon being taken to a ring, they resemble more of a circus then they do aliens trying to ice skate. While they are terrible but strong, Meowski and the aliens have a blast and they all wear his jersey to his next home game.

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

Bernard Lodge is an absolute grinder. He takes his craft extremely seriously. To not do so would be to disrespect everyone who has helped him to get this far in his hockey journey. He gets ready for training camp back in his hometown of Haltwhistle, England. He recruits some of his team England teammates to take shots at him in net on the ice of the pond on which he learned how to skate. He then flies to Maine for the Timber Training Camp. Lodge recognizes the legacy of great goalkeeping in Maine, and takes immense pride in being the starting goalie for his squad. Everyone in Maine is bought into winning, and Lodge loves the attitude of his teammates. They keep up an excellent work ethic throughout training camp and the preseason, recognizing the hard work that it will take to repeat as champions. Never wanting to take a minute off, Lodge is always fighting to start every game he can, no matter how much he trusts his goaltending partner Nelly Celly. He just loves hockey too much to take any time off.

[Image: Lodge-Sig.png]

PLAYER PROMPT - Preseason Prep

For Sven Holmberg, preseason is a key time of the year. It's the first real competitive games he'll have played in since playoffs or the regular season. He uses those games to apply the new skills and tools he has added to his game during the offseason, as well as get back into the flow of hockey. The first few shifts are always about pacing and not getting gassed to the point where he gets to the bench and is gasping for air. From there, he slowly starts to remind himself of the skills he worked on during the offseason, and apply them in the game. Be it a new way of boxing out a player breaking into the zone, or a slick little deke when skating the puck down the ice. He figures out what is and isn't working, and keeps a mental note of it. He also gets a feel for how the other teams in the league will play during the season, which is an added bonus.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

PBE Affiliate

[Image: sobchak.png]

Well obviously some of preseason is about letting your body get the rest that it needs to be ready to go at it again in the following season. For that, there is some fantastic rest-and-recovery pudding. But it’s also about honing your skills and spending some extra time studying the game, whether by watching film or working with a coach or trainer on something specific. For that, there is hyper-focus pudding, which helps keep you mentally sharp. Then there’s just normal pudding for when you need to improve your mood for whatever reason, which is generally pretty effective in just about any circumstances. To stay in the coach’s good graces and keep your roster spot under lock, you can simply bribe your coaches with pudding. And when you’re consuming all that pudding, you have absolutely no room to coast because holy shit pudding is not very healthy. You have to work a little extra hard to burn off all those pudding calories, which should provide that little bit of extra edge you need to really shine on the ice and be the player your mother always knew you could be (unless your mother was a doubter, in which case you can be the player you need to be in order to prove her wrong and tell her to shove it every family reunion).

Player Prompt:

Ty Murphy is still a fitness king in his old age.  His prime has officially passed, and he has 2 rings to show for it in the SHL.  His offseason preparation is one of the things that has helped him be so successful in this league for so many seasons.  In his offseason, he goes back to Detroit and skates with the Falcons.  He lives in the same trailer park he did when he played in the J.  He still has the same neighbor that he drinks with every single day.  In the morning, its a warm up lift.  a casual 45 minutes of dumbell work.  Then is a conditioning skate.  After that is lunch, followed by a heavy lift for around 1.5 hours.  After the heavy lift comes the skills practice with the boys.  Ty makes sure he is getting 8 hours of sleep each night in order to give his body proper rest.  Ty also easts 6000 calories a day in order to give his body the macros it needs to be strong.

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]