Create Account

S72 PT #3: A Hitchhikers Guide to General Management

ISFL PT

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

ISFL PT

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2023, 02:46 PM by Spartan. Edited 1 time in total.)

Player Prompt

After the shit I had to go through in my last PT, I don't know if I'd even want to team up with the mascot after I realized how hard it'd be to really get back at the mascot. Now on top of being unable to prank a mascot, I have to do something WITH the mascot to get on my GM's bad side? That sounds like a terrible idea, and I realistically would like no part in it at all.

However since this is Gabe we're talking about, maybe I can set up the mascot for some failure in the process. I'll have him buy one of those Travis Scott suitcases that cost a million dollars but have fucked up text (the upside down shit) and gift it to Gabe. That way our mascot ends up broke from spending all his money on the suitcase, and Gabe gets some poorly made merchandise. Then maybe have the mascot tear up the suitcase in front of Gabe so now the mascot is out money, and Gabe is even more disappointed.

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: 0wXevO1.gif]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: zS2lCMp.png]

[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2023, 06:34 PM by slothfacekilla. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
Graphic option: draw your player dealing with the unwanted presence of a mouse.

[Image: base-pack-alien-mouse-pt.gif]

[Image: 66818_s.gif]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

I'm not gonna be clever here, because lets be honest, if we desperately need to win this game against the mice then I'm just taking the "the can't penalize us all" approach. We sit on those little guys. We shoot them into the stands with our sticks. We drop a big block of cheese at center ice to distract them. We scoop 'em up in a gatorade bottle and close the lid. Will we get a few calls against us? Sure. But once the penalty differential is like +5 for the mouse team you know the refs are putting away the whistles. It's an open secret that SHL refs are game management refs, so we're gonna play the system. Eventually I'm just letting a cat loose on the ice to chase those little guys off the rink while the ref pretends they don't see it. Is it dumb? Yeah. Is it the way the game is called? Also yeah.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=666c7cf4&is=666b2b74&hm=ab...694e07b12&]

First prompt!

After defesting the Galactic Empire, the Mice of Unusual IQ challenged the Kizhakt Getegnae (a name they told me was their planet's equivalent of Kelowna Knights) to a series. The Mice had a significant tactical advantage over the Getegnae, despite the Getegne's size advantage. Once again, Crystal decided the best choice for the team would be to get some help. She brought in the Co-GMs of Kelowna, Arty and Snussu. Having experienced their tactical prowess first hand, the GMs taught the Getegnae how best to counter the smart plays. The tactic was simple: use such unconventional tactics that the Mice wouldn't be able to understand them because of their lack of relation to conventional hockey tactics. By allowing the Getegnae to roam around the ice seemingly aimlessly, the Mice got frustrated and disoriented by their lack of planning and tactics. It was still a hard-fought series, but Crystal and the Getegnae took it in 6.

[Image: 8FnCVh9.jpg.]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

[Image: UmZVJaz.png]
[Image: 6gdbFeP.png][Image: auXbs4O.png]
[Image: 1oMA17u.png]

Creative Prompt

We crushed the big opponents with our speed and skill and now we have to crush the small opponent with size and strength, such is the life of a hockey team sometimes.  Look, they're mice, even if they're fast and smart they're still tiny. unless they are ratatouilleing some bigger people I don't think they stand a chance. On international (or intergalactic ice for that matter) we'll be able to get huge hits and take them out before they can score anything. I'm pretty sure the tiny nerds only ever won in revenge of the nerds (and that movie doesn't hold up with some very questionable actions from one of the nerds) but unfortunately in real life the big and loud guy always wins. Again we're going to go back the the alien's roots of learning hockey through watching slapshot over and over again, hit them where it hurts and take the alien menace out of the game and quite literally walk all over them.

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

[Image: dead_mouse.png]

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Okay this one is gonna be a lot more difficult... Beating those brutes was fairly easy to be quite honest, but we have to be extra clever against a team of such high intelligence and agility - those two things combined are a deadly combination after all. These mice are even quicker than we are and small enough to slip through even the smallest of openings, but one thing they don't have that we can use is our elasticity, which we will have to use in very creative ways. I'm thinking of using that to create a sort of rubberband or slingshot effect: It will be hard to hit those mice but if we do it, we should be able to shoot them all over the rink which will take them a long time to recover. I expect them to work out a countermeasure eventually though, so we will have to stay creative and adapt as the game goes on. Maybe relying on our pure strength and size advantage might be a good option as well, just crashing their net and playing dump and chase a lot to overwhelm them physically.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2023, 07:31 AM by JR95.)

Trees. Trees everywhere. You want to name us the timber? Well you reap what you sow i guess, an in thos case specifically, it's trees. We'd plant trees everywhere in his office. Like....everywhere. Just pour a load of soil over the floor and sprinkle some sapplings a little here and a little there. With a little luck and some careful planning we can have an accomplice do it while we are on a relatively long road trip. Go back to water regularly before we get back even. Hey, maybe it lines up and our GM has to go manage a national team and is aeay for even longer...leaving the trees to root even deeper. Hopefully if we can have them planted long enough, he'll need professional help to come and have them removed. Well lets be real, he probably isnt going to risk dirtying his suit to remove them himself anyways. In the end it'll probably be me that does it.

God these PTs fucking suck.

And Now For the GM.

It has been quite the trying year in Anchorage, we haven't played anywhere up to the standards that we expect of ourselves. In the locker room we decided that the best possible prank we could ever do to Gabe is to completely flip the script. Its a common occurrence to hear the loud and boisterous chants raining down from the rafters of the Sullivan Center, of "Fire Gabe" during the hard times in Anchorage. We decided that the best prank would be to hand the entire fan base as they entered games signs that the team had printed that state "Re-Sign Gabe". The idea of 20,000 fans completely celebrating Gabe and his “accomplishments” would be one of the most hilarious moments of this disappointment of a season. The complete change in attitude towards our fearless leader would likely rattle him to the point of being completely useless. Of course no one will likely believe anyone feels this way but we thought it would be funny

PS don't worry Gabe we still love you

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png]
[Image: Q9Ii17g.png]
Credit to Ragnar and Enigmatic for the great Signatures

So first prompt and well this one will be even easier. Sure we used IQ to to beat last race of losers but we knew what we were doing well enough with the great balance of IQ and strength and speed we did have. Nothing really changes but now we crush them. No literally they are mice, how tall can they be. The goalie is going to have a literal nightmare trying to save shots with how slow he actually is.

The plan would be to use strength to be mean and bully the fuck out of them and speed to get to loose pucks as fast as possible and shoot once in a respectable scoring area cause they will either have to block it with their fragile bodies, thus tiring them or we score cause its too much for the goalie. Thus another huge fucking dub for the human race that against aliens. This is like the Miss Universe competition now. Just nothing but humans dubs.

[167 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

Fileworker PT Pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

ISFL Afilliate

“I thought I was a goalie, but STA told me forget being a goalie they make nothing, and no one cares about them.  Guess what I was a center all along and I had no idea. Now I am the toast of the town, and I am getting offers from all the GMs and Scouts.”

– Spidey Talent Agency, on Activity Check