Create Account

S73 PT#0: sus.jpg

Prompt 2

ChatGPT is a wonderful tool but also a really easy way for the lazy to take a short cut to completing these tasks. If someone was caught using ChatGPT to complete these, I think we should make them do something that would be that much harder. The person should have to submit everything as a video presentation. No half assing it either. They'd have to go the whole nine yards to get credit for anything they do. Point tasks? Sitting in front of a green screen, giving a full on presentation on what the task requires, maybe even act the entire thing out. Media posts? Well why don't you just set yourself up in a green room and pretend you're a sports reporter doing a full segment. Not only would it be a lot of effort, but it'd also just be pretty neat to see what folks come up with when forced to be more creative then just typing a prompt into an AI generator.

165 words

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

Option 1

My rule change would to require that all players must maintain continuous backwards motion throughout the game. Just like how in shootouts you need to maintain continuous forward motion, except it's backwards and lasts the whole game. I think it would be really dumb and funny to see how players adapt to this change. I'm sure they would come up with creative ways to get the puck in the back of the net, but there would definitely be some growing pains and that would make for some great television. I think in general it would do wonders for the popularity of the sport just because of how ridiculous it is. I would also love to see what hockey would look like and how the game would change if we removed offsides as a rule. We would probably see a lot of cherry picking from the offense and defensive strategies would need to adapt. I think we are easily better off with offsides as a rule but I think it would be fun to watch hockey without offsides for a season or two

[Image: NYR73.gif]
sigs from @sulovilen @_Blitz_ @Ragnar and @enigmatic

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png] [Image: cEbgUph.png]

If caught using ChatGPT for anything besides coming up with ideas for whatever media you want to write (which is something you could probably use it for although I wonder if it'd be very coherent), you should probably be punished with a fine based on the monetary value you'd earn out of your media piece. I do have to admit I'd be rather surprised if I found out people used it here since it's not like 150 words are exactly all that much. Like come on, it's not like it's that hard to come up with those words, they're not asking you to write like three hundred or four hundred words. It's not an essay on the effects of the dissolution of the Soviet Union on modern society or anything that is heavily elaborated. Just some words about something silly, you know?

Hell, I think I've just cleared the words requirement. Let me see.

Huh, I did. Fancy that.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2023, 06:32 PM by goilers. Edited 1 time in total.)

Delete

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

OPTION 1 - Rules are Rules?

I do not really know that much about hockey to be completely honest but the funniest rule that I could think to add is to have the coaches or other staff members play during the third period of all games. This would make it so that each team would have to have a staff that is at least a little competent at playing hockey. The obvious issue with this ruling is that a team could hire former players or grab just generally good players so there would need to be a ruling on who you could sign on your staff to make sure it stays at a very low comical level of play. I think that this ruling would make it so the first two periods of play are super intense as each team just tries to get the largest lead possible and also had a bit of fun to the end of games when things are reversed,

If you get caught using Chat GPT to do a point task... hmmm... get ready to learn to code a chatbot yourself! If you have never done it before, I would imagine learning to code a massive bot like that would be a ridiculously tough task, one that fits the crime. You cant earn any more points from doing point tasks until you build a bot from scratch. It cant just be a copy of Chat GPT of course, it has to have some new feature. Something outlandish, like you have to make it learn to recognize voice commands without any prompts. So yeah, now for using this to get ahead youre going to programming school, painstakingly creating this new bot and learning how to do so. Or, you accept this drastic punishment and your fate that you will never be able to get points from doing PTs again. Kinda crazy of course but hey the task said to make it silly!

[Image: nf6AAw2.png]

I don’t do well with silly prompts like this, so I would have to look at rule changes that I think would be legitimate rather than just purely silly. I would look at something that has been suggested before with regards to the NHL and other leagues to remove the offside rule. As a former pro linesman, I don’t really like the idea and I don’t believe that it should be removed, but I could see the argument that it would increase offensive output in the league, something the NHL and presumably the SHL is always trying to do in order to make the games more fun to watch. I think that you end up reducing the amount of strong puck possession hockey that would exist by stretching things out in that way, but it would be fascinating to see how teams would end up creating what is, essentially, the NHL equivalent of an air raid offense in football.

WC: 159

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

I have a rule that would make for insanity. No goalies. Imagine if there were no goaltenders on the ice. Every team is in an empty net situation... the whole time. And some may say oh make the net smaller. Nope. I am keeping the net the same size. I understand that games may end 75-70, but it would bring a whole new type of strategy in. How do you protect the net, what would even be allowed? If you charge in and try to score but miss, how do you make sure you are not left vulnerable? Goalies cant bail you out anymore. Tactical passes would increase, inaccurate shooters would be banished from lineups leaguewide. This would be quite chaotic, but that is indeed the point. 5 on 5, full hockey, no goalies. Let's try it out. Bring in the sim and remove both goalies, see what happens. I'm genuinely curious!

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

if we are being serious on this, the rule that should be changed for player safety is the 2 line pass rule. This would result in slower build up and breakout plays, thus slowing down the game a bit. The slower pace will not be accepeted so this would never happen, hwoever if we did decide to go through with this a likley end result would be fewer hard hitting collisions in the neutral zone which would likley result in fewer head injuries long term. it also would increase the value to some degree on small area playmaking from defensmen and wingers which would be a very interesting trade off. we might actually see other people win best defensive forwards and defensmen awards in the pros if we had these rules as skillsets that dont translate as well to a smaller are playstyle would likely be exposed. bring back the two line pass for the love of teh game.
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2023, 07:35 PM by KlusteR. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
OPTION 2 - I'm on to you.

Written Task: Describe an appropriate punishment for using ChatGPT to do point tasks. The sillier the better.

The first part of the punishment would obviously be to bar the user from doing any PT for the remainder of the season. If the foul is committed at the end of the season, they will be barred from doing any PTs for the following season. And yes, I'm including the predictions things that just involve filling out Google Forms. Consider it a "lost developmental year".

The second part of the punishment would be to write a 1000 words minimum apology to HO and to the PT team for trying to circumvent the rules by using an outside resource to get fake points in your fake hockey league. Like, how low can you go, really? This apology would need to have the user reflect on their behaviour, explain why the use of AI to generate a PT is disallowed, and how they will proceed going further in order to use their brains in order to write out sentences. And if the user has the gall to try to generate their apology through ChatGPT again, I think it would be grounds for suspension from the league - or at the very least, an extended ban on them participating in any PT. At some point, if a user is unwilling to understand what they're doing wrong, they need to feel the brunt of the hammer.

(224 words)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

OPTION 2 - I'm on to you.

I think the most appropriate punishment for those that cheat doing their point tasks with the Chat GPT tool would be to force them to hand over hand written images of their point tasks. This way, they would at least put some effort into earning their Task points and would not just be autofilling a box with 150 words using an automation to do it. I think in the atlanta locker room we all laugh at those cheating to write a simple 150 words. @goldenglutes is a master of filling a box of text with random stuff and if I were to learn a bot was doing his point tasks it would destroy me. his tasks are the only thing keeping me sane in this world and motivating me to wake up every week. Also, we have others on the other side of the spectrum like @duff and @blakec1414 as they just do not do the tasks. They could choose to cheat their tasks but instead they are honest and just don't do them because they are busy doing realy important sutff in their very busy life. I heard Kezia was like sidelining as an orphan caretaker or big brother and duff is rescuing toads from desertification.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

If users are using chat GPT in order to do their tasks, they should be punished harshly and quickly. First of all, they should be removed all the TPE gained through this method. Second, they should have to write double the amount of words they cheated for in all of their future PTs. They cheated on 3-4 tasks before being caught ? well for the 3 or 4 future tasks, they should have to write 300 words on each of them. They still need to abide by all the rules of those PTs, so need to stay on topic. This is in order to put them on a fairer ground for all the time they played with more tpe than they should have had by cheating. Oh and also they wouldn't gain twice the TPE, they would still gain the same amount, they just have to write double. If they can't, they are welcome to quit.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

I immediately thought that we should remove the skates but leave the ice. But then they’d likely find some grippy shoes to use and we wouldn’t want that. So I suggest that they wear standard tap shoes. Nothing like a little plate of metal on your toes to really make it slick. I am not sure how much fun it would be to watch but I imagine I’d give it the ol’ college try.

I think it would definitely slow down the game though so that may take away from the fun factor too. But those guys skate like it’s nothing so we need to kick the difficulty up a notch.

Alternatively if we are talking fhm then we turn on injuries but try to limit games out to like 15 or so. Don’t want career ending injuries in a player. That would kill the game but some amount of injury would make the goon a viable player and would also really mix up fantasy and things.

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

[Image: image.png?ex=651b5a6e&is=651a08ee&hm=0df...f4b23a52d&]

[Image: Lodge-Sig.png]

Option #2:

If found using ChatGPT or any other AI to write out a Point Task, hereby known as a PT (the term encompassing PTs, mPTs, or any task done on-site in exchange for TPE), the user must pay a fine of one dollar USD or CND, depending on the user location, to the PT grader that discovered this mistake. This is to ensure a monetary penalty and to act as retribution for the offended party.

They must also perform the following tasks,
1. Be flogged with the jockstrap of the local beer league's smelliest player.
2. Learn to code in BRAINFUCK
3. Have to write Nokazoa's PTs for the next season. (I am very tired of writing on Sunday nights)
4. Post a selfie in a robot outfit to the SHL league server

I know what you are thinking. However, I promise that this isn't only to benefit me. It does do that, but it also does more than that.

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]