Create Account

S73 PT#3: Getting Colorful

Option 2

What I want my goalie to do during a match starts off pretty simple, stand in that goal, and make sure that when I and my fellow defenders make a mistake, the goalie is there to make sure all goes right, whenever mistakes are made by the defenders, and knowing a chicken is one of your defenders, you got your work cut out for you. But don’t worry, when you make a mistake there most commonly is no one behind you to correct for those mistakes, no pressure. Also please stay on the rink for the full duration of the game, those chickens back in the chicken hockey league tend to get distracted, and go to the stands to eat some random crumbs somebody let fall. Outside of ice hockey it is always nice when the goalie doesn’t forget the gear, always unfortunate when you forgot your goalie gear for the 5th time. Yes Chicken number 4, I haven’t forgotten about you.

[Image: FuriousChicken.gif]

Prompt 2

Goalies can be a mystery sometimes but in the end they are the most important player on the ice. Some get distracted by bankrupt snake farms or running around punching everyone else on the ice and those are the kind of things the other players don't want to see. The number one thing we need from our goalies is to stay focused, we can't expect them to save our butts when we let up bad turnovers every time but if they're focused on the game then they can not only make routine saves but they can occasionally make highlight reel saves and win us games. And if they have a bad game then they need to forget about it and get that out there ready to win. Goalies can be a pretty thankless job, they can make crazy saves all game but still get blamed for losses even though we leave them out to dry all the time. They should know that we love our goalies

[Image: rFu52UT.jpeg]

PBE Affiliate PT

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: Tqabyfh.png]

The Panthers have had a very streaky season so far, something they are looking to fix so that they can eventually become a legitimate contender. Their goaltender, the legendary Grzegorz Brzeczyszczykiewicz, has been great so far, but Svoboda felt that maybe the goaltending has been a bit too streaky at times as well. As one of the older players on the team, he took it upon himself to help his goalie improve his play despite knowing nothing about the position himself.

He told Grzegorz to maybe consider being a little less streaky. Then he tried to show some tips on how to save certain shots, miming the movements as he explained them.

"When the shot comes in the top corner, maybe consider moving your trapper in a way to try to stop that shot from going in, like this" He said, as he dramatically waved his hand around.

Grzegorz stared at Svoboda in disbelief before leaving, without saying a word. Svoboda felt he may have been successful in his explanation, assuming that his goalie was simply contemplating the useful advice he was just given.

184 words

PanthersPanthersPanthersPanthers

KnightsKnightsKnightsKnights

PBE Affilate- https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=643247

[Image: dc24.png]

Option 2: Well, aside from the obvious things a goalie can do to help win games (stopping pucks and all that) Lias thinks the goalie has a very integral role in making sure that the whole team is motivated. The goalie is a special presence in the locker room, regardless of how they are playing, they bring a certain element of uniqueness to the team. Whether it's leading the team in weird chants or enabling other people's superstitions, it's important to have a goalie in the room. Even if the goalie is sitting on the bench playing backup, that goalie can be a force of positivity and help the team feel better when they aren't on the ice, because it's nice to have somebody sitting on the bench who will always be there when you finish your shift who can give you a little nod and a "good job out there" or whatever other vague reassuring thing they choose to say.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

If you've been following along so far you'd understand by now that the only thing Cormier wants any of his teammates to do is feed him the puck at opportune times to help pad his stats with minimal effort. The story doesnt change when it comes to cormiers wants and expectations from his team's goaltenders. Yea, saves are nice and all but you could make a thousand saves in a game and still lose if you dont score. So what Cormier wants is for his goalie to be aggressive, join the puck battles in the corner, add boddies on our side of the fight and get control of the puck. Then, of course, find cormier and make a clean tape to tape sauce from halfway down the ice. People would be too stunned anyways by the goalie fighting fir the puck in a board scrum to notice cormier patiently waiting at center ice for his team to gain controll.

ISFL Affiliate

“I thought I was a goalie, but STA told me forget being a goalie they make nothing, and no one cares about them.  Guess what I was a center all along and I had no idea. Now I am the toast of the town, and I am getting offers from all the GMs and Scouts.”

– Spidey Talent Agency, on Activity Check

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: crunksig2.png]

Prompt 2

So the object of the game is to score more goals than your opponent and that how you win the game. So I think the obvious answer here, is Jack St. Clair wants Justin Time to shut the door and allow fewer goals than what we've scored. Easy recipe for success if you ask me, goalies just need to follow the game plan! In Edmonton we are so fortunate to have Time in net because he executes it flawlessly. We do a pretty good job at limiting the shots that he sees and the ones that do it make it through, he stops. Beyond just stopping the shots he faces, you would also want your goaltender to communicate with the players on the ice, let the D that are going into the corner know where the pressure is coming from, whether he is goign to play the puck or smother it. You also want him to be act as a 3rd defensemen if he can by getting that puck back up the ice when its dumped into his zone.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Renegades  Citadelles Citadelles Renegades  Stars Blizzard Canada 

Option 1

[Image: pivLFpR.png]

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Quote:Written Task: Tell me what your player wants their team's goalie to do to make their specific role easier. If your player is a goalie, tell me what you do to make your forwards' lives a little easier!

This is an interesting question because my player's primary role is that of a defensive center. Jae-ik is highly involved in play in his own zone and part of that is controlling the center of the ice there. As a result, a goalie's rebound control plays a huge part in ensuring that the puck stays out of the slot, which is where most goals are scored from.

Beyond rebound control, goalies need to be able to maintain a strong presence in the crease, so that an opposing forward can't crowd them and force them to take a bad angle. They also have to work on maintaining vision on the puck carrier at all times, even if that means fighting to see around a screen.

Finally, in much the same way that a defender would, the goalie needs to be able to identify opportunities to move the puck up to the defense and forwards. It's especially important for dump-ins when the puck makes its way behind the net, but it also helps break outs from the defensive zone.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

Prompt 2:

[Image: SDAAS.png?ex=6547d6ae&is=653561ae&hm=f0d...4adc5e804&]

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

option 1

Well for kids that have never played hockey, to travel back to the states and expect to play against local club teams - it is not an ideal setup and to be frank I dont know why the charity organizers would think this was a good idea. We have kids who have been playing hockey most of their life, versus kids who just started playing the game. Being the responsible adult, I decided to pull them from this tournament and allow them to have another camp focused setting in Texas. They would get to experience the world class facility's at the renegades arena. From seeing what the gym is like, to see the high quality food you have access to when you are a professional, and most importantly what it is like to skate on a professional rink. We want the kids to enjoy the game, not to get thrashed versus a local team and never want to play again.

160+

[Image: Oats.gif]

[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

PBE Affiliate - username there is FTR.

RIP Mac & 701