Create Account

S73 PT#4: Planning Perfection

Written Task: Players sometimes need that extra push to reach their potential. What does your player excel at unlocking in their teammates?

My players great, really they are. They play good defensively and we've seen some good flashes of offence but how can I, as their goalie, help motivate them further? I yell. A lot. And it is mostly really nasty stuff too. I want them out of my end of the rink and I have found the best way to do that is to just hurl verbal abuse until they decide they need to kick it up and notch and get the puck back into the other zone. Some might call that harsh. Other might call that crazy... actually I agree with that one it does sound crazy. But that's goalies am I right?! What better way to layout a devastating hit on an opponent than to be so overwhelmingly angry at your own team (who you can't take a hack at) and ramp it up! Yes, I have this nailed down pretty well I must say. Wish I could say the results were effective.

I will also say this is entirely a joke, I love my teammates and hate yelling. Go CUDA!

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

OPTION 1:
As the squad of kids lack in almost everything related to hockey, at least until they get bit more practice under their belt, there really isn't much they can do other than trying to rough the other team up enough that next opponents in tournament don't want to play against them. Though players should be clever enough to try and break rules when referees are not watching, taking checks well after the puck has moved, quick jabs to trip opposing goalie while game is going in other end and then just straight up fights that get some of opponents best players off the ice for 5 minutes.

They also should act like they are playing pretty standard trap system but unfortunately I fear that opponents could still dump the puck and recover it by skating power alone, but that should leave them open to some heavy hits so if softened enough during the game team should be able to recover during the first period from any setback that happen during first two periods.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

PBE Affiliate

OPTION 1 - WRITTEN TASK

Youth hockey is always more unpredictable. It's more chaotic and with much more made mistakes by both teams, so it's much harder to get ready for each game. However, if that team is good, it's much easier for them to win. There are much less upsets as in normal hockey. So, everything starts with the cardio and technique. Each player of a team has to be a professional to show the best possible results. So there would be no huge tactical system for my team. They would play physical and aggressive hockey, trying to be on offense majority of the time. In penalty kill they would just throw the puck outside the zone and constantly changing lines, to save their power. In powerplay they would try a simple system - triangle and slap shot once there is a good chance of scoring. They have to prove theirselves and other team as well that they are much better already in the first period, so it's much easier to win. Simple.

168 words

Stars Stars Stars

Option 1

I think the best way to have effective tactics for youth teams is to keep things as simple as possible, so the description of our genius tactical system would have to be put in terms that the kids can understand and follow. Despite it's simplicity, this is a system that requires a lot of hard work and dedication to successfully pull off, so the kids are going to have to buy in 100% and fully believe in what I'm teaching them. We'll have a whiteboard with every player marked down on the ice. We'll start them in the classic positions and make sure each kid knows which position they're playing. I'll hype up the master plan we have to win every single game to the point that the future stars of the game can't wait to see what's in store for them. After all the build-up and promise of intense tactics, I'll break the act and let them know that there's only one tactic and it's really simple. "Play like you practice and have fun out there."

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

Rip thunderdome helps to unlock the full offensive capabilities of the great falls grizzlies. Obviously the forwards will be focusing on offense and that should always be the focal point of a team’s attack. However, a great offensive defenseman who is capable of moving the puck up ice and playing the quarterback on the powerplay can provide a huge boost to a team’s offense. Rip thunderdome uses his exceptional passing skills and vision to find open teammates up ice, and get them the puck in good positions to score goals. By just being a threat offensively with the puck, RIP TD creates more space for his teammates since the opposing defense always has to be weary of rip td when he’s out on the ice. The grizzlies’ offense has started to pick up a bit heading into the playoffs, and they will need rip td to continue to elevate his game of they want to make a run.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Prompt: Unlocking players/teammates potential

Bobby Tkachuky wants the best for his teammates. So he's definitely going to try and get the best out off teammates as a leader. Bobby being the old school hardnose player that he is, will definitely try to unlock his teammates toughness. Bobby would teach everyone the art of landing a big hit, along with how to defend against a big hit. He would also run a fight club so all his teammates know how to fight for their life and win for moral. Bobby would teach his teammates how to stand up for one another when scrums take place on the ice. Bobby would also show his teammates how to be a menaces in front of the net in multiple ways. How to defend against defenders trying to clear the front of the net, along with trying to get tips to redirect the puck. This would also help defensemen on the team learn how to clear the front of the net.

[Image: ThkcuFb.png]
[Image: e4CexU0.png]

Written 2

This year was a showing that my sniper role is useless or that Kevin should just be Gretzky's office next time like every single other center. But a potential Kevin unlocked was his teammates goal scoring abilities. Like making Activity Check a 22 goal scorer than a 20 goal scorer in the S73 and Arthur Kaliyev making a 22 goal scorer. I know that's the most smallest difference but for a sniper that is more likely to score 66 goals than 5 assists that's a good or bad (probably bad) difference. Kevin never was an assist feeder but helping my team find their ultimate potential is way more important, as being an assist captain and this league right now is not the real deal anyways right? Kevin also is great on defense which makes his other offensive teammates have more chances scoring or at least a plus.

[Image: hbtB38x.png][Image: Screenshot_2024-07-25_171622.png?ex=66a4...56461ae57&]
                               Canada Knights Monarchs Thank you Enigmatic and Jaypc8237 for the sigs!  Monarchs Knights Canada
                                                                      [Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Monarchs Knights [Image: YADp0uU.png] 

Option 2:
[Image: oLsUoC3.jpg]

[Image: iG4vpsb.jpeg]
Credit to @Symmetrik
[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

Option 2

Spack Jarrow is more of a leader by his play on the ice than anything off of it. Although he has great business savvy, he isn't one to give out advice or impart any kind of wisdom unprompted. His teammates likely get motivation from the way he always gives it his all every shift and is known to be a hound at practice. Never taking for granted, the opportunity to live out his dream, his motivation to give it all on the ice comes naturally.

An important piece of wisdom instilled on a young Spack was by a ship captain of his when he worked the lower decks. He took the young lad to the top deck on day and said "Always remember to appreciate the light because the world is often a dark place.". That saying is burned into Jarrow's memory and he always remembers to notice the light when he sees it. A message he hopes to spread by simply living it.

[Image: uZXUIMk.png]

Option 2:

Taking a step back into my GM shoes for today's PT, getting the most out of a player is one of the most rewarding parts of the whole job. Managing a junior team in particular, every season begins with a fresh new wave of rookies waiting to make their mark on the league and emerge as the next SHL superstars. Jumping headfirst into sim hockey is a daunting experience, even with the hard work the mentors and experienced users around the league put in to build resources and guides. We have lots of tools to help users find their way around the league, but only a team's management can build the foundation for a strong, active, and encouraging locker room that keeps players engaged and driven to make the most of those tools. I've been blessed with some amazing users in QCC who do their best day in and day out to keep that atmosphere going, from scouting great new players to encouraging and mentoring them once they're here. That enthusiasm, more than anything, keeps my players happy, excited, and always reaching for that next big update to help the team win, and long may it continue.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

Option 2

Dusty Rhodes unlocks the feistiness and grit in his New Orleans teammates. This is sadly lacking in the SHL these days. Everyone wants the cookie cutter scoring build and noone wants to truly have any fun. That's what Dusty brings to the table. A big hit here or a fight there and next thing you know there are bodies flying everywhere as the Spectres start to throw their weight around. It makes it a fun and interesting game then. However it hasn't translated into much success in the wins and losses as the Specs are a highly penalized team. Their sometimes lack of discipline is not really condusive to winning hockey. One thing it does do though is fill up the stands so the club is making money hand over fist in attendance and in beer sales. The Spectres just need to learn how to be smarter about taking their shots and try and avoid the penalties at the times where it costs them the games.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

My vision is to create the single most boring style of hockey  known to man. We're going to throw five defensemen out there in front of our goalie. The idea  is that, eventually, the attackers will get so bored that they will all fall asleep on the ice. From there, you just need one lucky stretch pass and a decent shot to beat a sleepy goalie. What could possibly go wrong if you just sit around in your own zone all day doing literally nothing? It'll look like the Stars from a few seasons ago where they somehow made the playoffs despite being pretty dogshit at scoring. The trick to making it work is having halfway decent speed combined with a few physical checkers. I guess you still have a shot at making it work if your speedy guys harass the puck carrier and the big, physical kiddos just hammer everyone else. What could possibly go wrong? I'm sure the kids will have a real hoot playing that way too..../s The best part of youth sports is just helping kids turn into the best versions of themselves, which means learning a couple skills and building a great culture. Whatever else happens on the ice will sort itself out.

PBE PT

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]