Create Account

S73 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2023, 10:12 PM by raymond3000. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
hilo

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Two new finalists mark the end of a dynasty in the west and the return of an old heavyweight in the east. Pick either of our finalists, and tell me what about them impresses you the most!
b. The Forge have won a cup with this core, while the Blizzard are sniffing this air for the first time in a while. Who would you rather be - the veteran team that's been here and won it before, or the hungry youngsters taking their first shot at glory?
c. The Blizzard upended a long-time nemesis in the Aurora to get here, while the Forge avenged several previous losses to the Wolfpack as well. Who had the more impressive victory to punch their ticket to the cup final, and why?
d. If it ain't broke don't fix it: Who you got? Who wins? Why?
a. Both teams impress me for different reasons. Edmonton has done an incredible job to build up a team that will contend for several seasons while never truly bottoming out and rebuilding - defying conventional SHL wisdom. Meanwhile Philadelphia just continues to chug along year after year with top prospects coming in to replace aging players.
b. Even if I think Philadelphia's experience and veteran core give them the edge in this Challenge Cup finals, I would rather be on the Edmonton Blizzard - who havent won a cup with this team and haven't won a cup at all in twenty plus seasons. There's nothing like winning a cup for the first time. 
c. Philadelphia's win over the New England Wolfpack was the more impressive victory as the Wolfpack had won back to back presidents trophies while playing in the tougher Eastern Conference. Winnipeg are no slouches of course, and are also the defending champions, but started to show signs of weakness this season as their core is beginning to age out of their primes.

Code:
12. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Looks like [TEAM] won Season 73! Who won and why? What could the other team have done differently to change the result? What was your favorite part of the series?
The Edmonton Blizzard won the Season Seventy Three Challenge Cup Finals, defeating the Philadelphia Forge in a thrilling seven game series. Incredibly, the away team won every single game in this finals, disappointing fans in the stadiums. Philly had the home ice 'advantage' in this series, and winning just one of those four games at home would have allowed them to win the cup. Perhaps they should played worse in the regular season to allow Edmonton to have home ice during the finals since apparently neither team could win in their own arenas. My favorite part of the series was seeing a new team win the Challenge Cup.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
rhAEJHRE

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

12. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.) Looks like [TEAM] won Season 73! Who won and why? What could the other team have done differently to change the result? What was your favorite part of the series? 

Perfect task for me as i'm doing this the day its due. It looks like the Edmonton Blizzard have taken down the Philadelphia Forge and won the cup in season 73! Edmonton won this series in game 7 with every single game being kind of a close game expect game 6. It seems that they were able to match the Forges offensive talent with their defense prevailing to help them win it all. Think when it comes down to what you could've done differently is just game planning and preparing. My favorite part of the series has to be it going to game 7 and it coming down to the final minute where the Blizzard was able to keep there lead and win 4-3.

+2 TPE

PBE Affiliate +3 TPE

Verification word : ayo 

Total = 8 TPE

[Image: image0.jpg?ex=65299025&is=65171b25&hm=98...06b0d1578&]

Code:
Code:

tocaps

Code:
10. Written, 3 TPE, IIHF Analysis (150 words min.)
How do you think the IIHF federation you play for will do this season? Will you be better than last seasons? Why or why not?

I play for the Czechia federation team and honestly, I think we will do okay, going into the playoffs of the tournament. I hope we can win a medal this time, I am getting to the last days of my playing career and it has not been a succesful one at the international level so far. We never won the medal. Maybe I am blasé a little bit but I don't really think we will win the gold. Our team is on the downfall, our gm ghosted us and left. I do want to have hope for our new management and let them show us what they can do with roster, maybe I will get a nice surprise and be wrong about my feeling! Overall it feels like we had many players peak not at the same time and never capitalise on a window unlike some other teams who despite not being powerhouse managed to time a succesful windows at the international level.

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Two new finalists mark the end of a dynasty in the west and the return of an old heavyweight in the east. Pick either of our finalists, and tell me what about them impresses you the most!
b. The Forge have won a cup with this core, while the Blizzard are sniffing this air for the first time in a while. Who would you rather be - the veteran team that's been here and won it before, or the hungry youngsters taking their first shot at glory?
c. The Blizzard upended a long-time nemesis in the Aurora to get here, while the Forge avenged several previous losses to the Wolfpack as well. Who had the more impressive victory to punch their ticket to the cup final, and why?

a. I think what impresses me the most about the Philadelphia forge is @Gwdjohnson. Despite being toxic, the forge always seem to have succesful playoffs drive, notably by beating atlanta in the second round of the playoffs for the last few years! (very tough opponent if you ask me!) However I don't think gwodjohnson can do enough to make the forge lift the cup this season, I predict edmonton will win.

b. I would prefer the Edmonton Blizzard of the simulation hockey league to win the cup because the forge is our rival in Atlanta and we don't want them to win too much! We are the best orangish team in the east and they try to come for our throne. It's also cool to see teams winning one cup for the first time in a few season, but after that they have to let others win.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Jaypc8237's Championship Week - 8 TPE

TRIVIA - 3 TPE (Verification - Nuggets)

5. Time for Caution - (159 Words) - 3 TPE

I truly Believe that Edmonton has this series in the bag. Edmonton was a bottom not too long ago, but realistically, they have been a top powerhouse for quite a few seasons now, top in the league, making playoffs and running them through quite far a couple of times. They have a really solid offensive core, and a fairly solid defensive core as well, not to mention one of the best goalies in the league hands down: Justin Time. Don't get me wrong, Philadelphia has a solid core as well, and definitely put up a fight, but Edmonton is way more deep and powerful, let alone solid experience. Stats may show Philadelphia with the stronger offense, but player wise, in my opinion Edmonton has it. And for those trends, no they won't, yet again all in my opinion, but I have the thoughts the Blizzard will dominate.

2. Grab Bag - (2 TPE)

(78 Words - 1 TPE)
Well, here's my thing: I would love to see the veterans get themselves another cup, but truly I don't see it happening, but it would be nice. Yet again, with the whole young roster of the Blizzard it would be an amazing sight to see them all celebrate with their first cup, as many people say the first is always the best, so it would be less enthusiastic for the Forge to win in my opinion.

(82 Words - 1 TPE)
EDMONTON! EDMONTON! EDMONTON! The Blizzard has this one in the bag hands down right now. They have an insane core currently, with elite goaltending and great skaters, solid defense and great offense. Plus, they are young, quick, and full of energy, ready to take that cup in their grasp, straight away from the old veterans. Don't get me wrong, Philadelphia can put up a fight with the elite experience they bring, but i'm 80% sure the Blizzard have this cup.

[Image: iQSPFuj.jpeg]
[Image: z6GYaGE.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2023, 10:59 PM by hewasajazzman. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. puck
+3

Trivia

[Image: mmflex.png?ex=6587840c&is=65750f0c&hm=49...0873cbea2&]

1 cw trivia

verification: cwislamestopthis
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2023, 12:29 AM by Muerto. Edited 2 times in total.)

vw = squid

How do you think the IIHF federation you play for will do this season? Will you be better than last seasons? Why or why not?

Grogu plays for Norway, a team which has had a great deal of success over the last few seasons. The nation has pulled in 5 medals in the last 8 seasons, the hottest streak the team has seen since the glory days of the S30's. Norway went Bronze, Bronze, Gold in S65, 66, and 67 with a lot of vets on the squad. It took a couple seasons for the young guns to make their mark, but after a 3 season streak of not medaling, suddenly in S71 the team came from nowhere to get a bronze, and then in S72 Norway won the Silver medal, dropping the gold medal game to a powerhouse German squad. The Norwegians have high hopes to get back to the podium again, with a mix of veteran players who have great chemistry, some players who are at the prime of their careers, and an influx of young talent looking to fill out the roster. While players like Grogu, Salzberger Lillehammerson, Aksel Fiske, Gonzo Gobbledygook and captain Andreas Kvalheim having been around for all 5 medals, other youngsters like Adam Prpich, Tom Pedersen, Nikolai Skovgaard, and Phillipe Eko-Eel have already contributed and seen success, but now will be expected to lead the way! One of the strengths of the team is that there always seems to be a next group up, as aging superstars start to regress, there is a new wave of Norwegian talent ready to take over. There is only one way to improve on last season, and that is to win the gold, but that is the bar the team has set for themselves and they have just as good a chance as anyone to achieve that dream!

Looks like [TEAM] won Season 73! Who won and why? What could the other team have done differently to change the result? What was your favorite part of the series?

In the end, the Edmonton Blizzard became the Champions of the SHL, lifting the Challenge Cup after an exciting game 7 win. There series was about as tight as a series could be, it was extremely exciting as neither team was going to back down. Edmonton won the first 2 games, Philly responded by sweeping the next 2. After trading wins in games 5 and 6, the two teams were poised to do battle one last time. Game 7 was just minutes away from going to sudden-death overtime, time ticking down in the third period in a tie game, when Louise St. Martin's seeing-eye shot from the point found it's way past a screened BASE PACK and into the net. Philly fought valiantly to even up the score, but the Blizzard held on and claimed victory! It was a well-deserved win, the team had an outstanding season, scoring the most goals while allowing the fewest over the span of the regular season, and handily won every series until the finals. They have a good chance to repeat next season as well!

[Image: dZqcwmW.jpg?format=webp&width=710&height=473]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
Argonauts        S77 SHL DRAFT 4TH OVERALL PICK          Argonauts
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

1. CW TRIVIA - 3 TPE
Jumbo

10. IIHF Analysis - 3 TPE

I will hopefully wear the Red, White, Blue again this season. USA has had a lot of great players to start to show what they are capable of. I think USA is in a real good spot this season with Benson Fiorentini and Dusty Rhodes leading the offense and the amazing Justin Time in net. USA also has its options to bringing back some veterans that have proven to be able to hold their own. Lord Raiden last season put up the 2nd most points on the team with 15, Atticus Hale is still among the tops on the team in terms of TPE and also had 13 points last season. USA really has all the players and tools to succeed. We went 7-5 last season and lost in Round 1. I definitely believe that we can do much better than that. If I had to take a guess, I would say USA goes 9-3 and wins Silver this season. While I would love to see us take home the Gold, those top teams are so tough. 

12. The Procrastinator Special! - 2 TPE

Well it looks like the Edmonton Blizzard won the Challenge Cup in S73. First off I think the best part of the finals is the the two teams that made it are the two teams that lost the conference finals last season and both got their revenge. Edmonton beat Winnipeg and Philadelphia beat New England. The next best thing is that the series went the distance (7 games). The series was so back and forth it was truly a battle of will. Is there anything that Philadelphia could have done to change the result, I honestly do not think so. I think if these two teams played another 7 games, the Philadelphia Forge would come out on top. If a couple pucks went a different way we could be celebrating a different team. 

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]

[Image: cEbgUph.png] [Image: 1DL5JDX.png] [Image: vjZu62e.png] [Image: EnHtzQl.png] [Image: NwdnVLP.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2023, 11:16 PM by Ruggsy. Edited 1 time in total.)

1) Trivia: Triviover

6)

[Image: TqgaSoc.png]

12) The edmonton blizzard have won the challenge cup in the seventy third season of the simulation hockey league. This is not only a massive step for canadians, but the simulation hockey league as a whole. I think that they were able to come out of this with the win due to their sheer determination and routine. Its rumored that HFFO makes the team play DOTA in shifts as a ‘team building’ exercise but its really cause he needs his players to carry him. I think the thing that the other team could have done better is score more goals. Typically this leads the team to win.

[Image: Z8yXihx.png] [Image: U0nD2Rt.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2023, 11:20 PM by caltroit_red_flames. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
Cal Juice is going #1 overall baby, to the top!

Code:
a. I think what impresses me most about these two teams is that sheer firepower that Edmonton has. Despite not finishing at the top of league the Blizzard had the best plus minus of any team and that's in no small part due to Evan Winter who scored almost a goal a game and got a whopping a 135 points this season. Absolutely astonishing.

b. I'd personally rather be on the veteran's side most of the time. Winning a cup is downright near impossible and having someone on your side who has already done that is a huge morale boost. You know they have what it takes. That said, in this case I'm taking the kids. Edmonton's skill is just off the charts.

c. It's hard to say it because I think the Wolfpack are such an impressive group but I think beaing the Aurora is the more impressive feat. That team has been at the top for a long time, toppling such a legendary group of players is something most other players can only dream of.

d. I expect the Edmonton Blizzard to win. Evan Winters and Benjamin Surkhi-Ze'ev are truly an unstoppable duo like Leon Draisaitl and Connor McDavid in the NHL. These kids are going to scorch the league for many seasons to come. Philly may have the experience but these two are going to dance around the old players in these finals without a sweat.

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, No Time for Caution (150 words min)
Pick the finalist you think is going to win, and describe what that team needs to do to overcome their opponent and take home the cup. The Forge had the stronger offense in the playoffs, while the Blizzard had the stronger defense. Will those trends hold? Will Justin Time carry Edmtonton to victory?
I think the Edmonton Blizzard are going to win the cup this season. In order for that to happen I think something very simple will have to happen. Evan Winter will need to continue scoring a goal per game with Benjamin continuing to be his right hand man. The rest of the team will have to continue chipping in offensively but most importantly they'll have to be strong defensively. Justin Time of course will have to keep their save percentage up as well but with a team like that in front of him I don't think that will be a problem.

The biggest factor going against them right now would be the veteran leadership that Philadelphia has. Ricky Koivu, Evil AllBran, Red Kirkby and San-sam Emerson are all old names that everyone should recognize by now but I think the skill of Edmonton is undeniable at this point. They just need to use their youth to outskill the experience of the Philly team and the cup should be a cake walk.

[Image: 5PYmCAe.png]
[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: vHNIXVO.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

1) Quack

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

1: TRIVIA (3TPE)
Confirmation Word: Bengals
2: CHAMPIONSHIP PROMPTS

(a) The Edmonton Blizzard were able to complete the series in 7 to win a challenge cup. Beating the Philadelphia Forge juggernaut was impressive - especially after Philadelphia had beaten a 53 win New England franchise who were heavily favored. Both teams did not go the distance until the finals. Throughout the series, Edmonton failed to really take advantage and close it out - so I must applaud them for their game 7 performance. (1TPE, 71 WORDS)
(b) Now that Edmonton have won it in 7, I guess I have a short memory - it is a lot less pressure to be the veterans who have completed a championship with your core, but all of the glory comes with finally overcoming that hump and achieving greatness - Also, even if Edmonton lost, most young cores have to go through growing pains, so rather than being the seasoned vets, i'd rather be the young and up and comers - definitely much more rewarding getting the monkey off your back. (1 TPE, 88 WORDS) 
© The Forge beating the 53 win Wolfpack in 6 games is impressive and almost unexpected - im sure the forge busted a lot of our brackets with this dub. It was such a weird series;  when New England won game 1 by like 6 goals, everyone was hopping on the wolfpack bandwagon. I'm glad my 2nd fave team weathered the storm. (1 TPE, 60 WORDS)

The Edmonton Blizzard have inexplicably won the Challenge Cup - I think this has been a long time coming. I think ELITE performance in the overtime of Game 5 by Luke Laraque. After dropping games 3 and 4, It was critical for edmonton to win Game 5 - evidently, this was correct, as they had lost game 6. In the 4-3 Edmonton win in Game 7, I think we have to thank Justin Time, who posted a .910 - This obviously was not Time's finest series, as the scoring was incredibly high, but when the bright lights were on him, he ended up securing the win, and ultimately the series. (2 TPE, 105 WORDS). 

4. Written, 3 TPE, Winter is Coming (150 words min.)
Unlike their rivals, who have literally never been bad, the Blizzard were deep in the doldrums not too many seasons ago. Now that they've reached the mountaintop, how did they pull off such a strong rebuild? What can other teams currently facing hard times learn from their success?

A rebuild is something complex; not exactly something I can accurately determine or gauge success levels without knowing the implications within the locker room. For one, Edmonton did not blow up their core after losing in game 5 for the past two seasons. I think after losing twice after getting so deep, some more liberal GMs would blow up the whole operation and refer to their window not being realistic with an Aurora juggernaut there to obviously destroy them. Since Season 67, The Blizzard have felt NOTHING but playoff disappointment for 6 seasons - they were beyond due after the fourth year, and they just kept pushing. Edmonton didn't shake up the room too much, and kept their core of kobliksa, winter and laraque to name a few. Edmonton believed that their guys could get it done, and they made it happen. Perhaps the TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS could take notes!
(3 TPE, 150 WORDS) 

I do not have high hopes for Canada at the IIHF. I know what you are thinking - why not? Canada is a hockey powerhouse. The problem doesn't lie in the country, or perhaps it does. The problem lies in the romanticization of the other - good Canadian kids create Sim characters, and rather than show any form of patriotism or loyalty to their country, their forefathers, the place where the culture was born, they'd rather rely on media depictions of countries that appear to have an export of unique culture, all while being just as sterilized and soulless as Canada itself. Ireland for instance, is often depicted in Media as a romantic island of longing, famine and resistance; when the entire country is a diluted global capital hellscape now void of organic subcultures. People love to claim Irish ancestry, as if being Irish is any more unique than being British; but you'll seldom hear a Canadian boast about their English heritage. with that being said, I think Canada again will be middle of the pack until our good canadian boys can all monopolize and finally take pride in our great country. (3 TPE, 175+ WORDS). 

14 TPE total if trivia answers are correcT Smile

Code:

maple

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]