Create Account

S74 PT # 4 - Analyze Deez

When the pre-season started, the Pride's coaching staff decided to put three rookies together on one line, in order to take advantage of their different playstyles and let them develop some chemistry on the ice. The one offensive play that coach Hayden has designed involves the change of possession in the defensive zone, with Levin either taking back the puck, or receiving it on the breakout, and carrying it through the right wing to the offensive zone, since he's the fastest skater on the line. Since Logan (Webb) is the one that will most likely be able to follow the play the closest to Levin, the second part of the play involves either a cross-ice pass - if the defensemen are playing man-to-man - or a dropback pass - if the defensemen are playing zonal. Levin will then settle himself past the hashmarks of the faceoff circle, but above the goal line, and Logan will use his bigger frame to drive the net - which will give enough time for Dominik (Winters) to catch-up to the play and present himself as a passing option in the soft zones that open up. As Logan is just as good a passer as he is a shooter, he will have the choice to either take the shot himself, or use either Dominik (as a one-timer option) or Levin (as a secondary set-up) as outlets in case the space in front of the net closes itself rapidly. If Dominik is the recipient of the pass, both Logan and Levin are instructed to crash the net and search for rebounds. If Levin the recipient of the pass, the following target would become either Chuchichaschtli Zopf or Willow Soderberg-Snooks from the point, since both Logan and Dominik would already be creating traffic in front of the net. It seems complicated when explained thoroughly like that, but in execution, it's a fairly simple set play that allows the attack to come in waves, and take advantage of what soft zones the opponents let them have in the offensive zone.

(349 words)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

Will Tomlander's favourite set play on the ice involves him sitting in the faceoff dot on the offensive side of the ice waiting to receive a one timer from the other team mates during a power play. Preferably a five on three but he will take any sort of man advantage play available. He will then slap a shot towards the opposing net, hoping to either beat the goalie or create a rebound. Often times this will also result in the puck missing and caroming off the end boards back to the Falcons' end of the ice. Therefore the Falcons goalie must be ready to pick up the puck and do a quick pass up to the other teams' blue line to reset the entry and the power play. This keeps the opposing team pinned on their end of the ice and makes it harder for them to eat up time on the penalty kill.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: v2ZHYxx.png]

Affiliate ISFL PT

Nathaniel’s favorite set play comes on the power play. It will start with the forwards with the puck in the offensive zone down in the corner. They pass up to the defense at the point who will move it to the other d, or move it back to the forward who initiated and do a soft reset. Then the d with the puck and the one who just passed switch positions, and the puck carrier passes it back to the open d for a one timer from the high slot. Now, if they choose to reset to the corner, then the d from the middle can streak down into the mid slot and have a chance to nail a clapper. This play is effective because it involves a ton of motion. Keep everyone moving, especially defenders and you will find an opening. It also looks quite pretty when viewed from above or on camera, so the fans love it.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=668308 -PBE Affiliate

[Image: dc24.png]

Written Task:
Your player has created a new analytics stat for the local hockey blog that you worked with earlier this season. What's the stat, how does it work, and which team is best at it? The stat does not have to make sense or have practical real-life analytical use, just have fun:

The new supreme ice hockey stat is obviously, amount of animals in each team. Based off of mostly the player names.
First off is the Atlanta Inferno, who has multiple animals into the team. Jiggle E. Puff might be a pokemon, but isn’t that also just a type of animal. Together with Angus McFife XVIII which sounds very much like an animal, they already have 2. But on top of this they also have Puddles O’Duck, which is not 1 but MULTIPLE ducks (I guess), which means atlanta has 3+ Animals.

Next up the Baltimore Platoon. On first look I don’t see any animals in the team. But I think Sir Devoir might be a pokemon, so let’s count it as 1.

Buffalo Stampede is up next. They have me in Furious Chicken, and also Chimkin Wing who sounds chicken-adjacent, and Nash Topalo who is a dog. Which means 2.5 animals in the Buffalo Stampede.
Now onto the Calgary Dragons. Who on first sight don’t have any animals.
Next up the Chicago Syndicate. Which also has no animals, but is even worse than Calgary Dragons as their logo got a human, instead of a dragon.
Edmonton Blizzard up next. No straight up animals, but they do have Julian Eaglesong, which I will give 0.5 points.
Onto the Hamilton Steelhawks, Sven Panda is obviously a panda, ILiket Urtles sounds like a turtle trying to get support for turles, but might not be one. So let’s say 1.5 animals.
Next up the LA Panthers, Manhattan Rage, Minnesota Monarchs, and the Montreal Patriotes who all don’t have animals.
Then onto the New England Wolfpack, who have Pork Tenderloin which is a part of an animal, I will give them 0.5 for that. But they also have Makrus “The Tater” Jager who would have obviously gotten -1 if the “The Tater” part wasn’t in there to clarify.
Now onto the New Orleans Specters. Who don’t have animals.
Philadelphia Forge next. They have a squirrel in Nibbles the Squirrel.
San Fransico Pride is next up. They have potential spam, which has the potential to be a animal product, but might also be computer spam and/or not actually spam. Will give 0.125 for that one.
Seattle Argonauts are one of the worst teams, they do have a rams bottom, which I guess is part animal, but also have a Fischerman, and this time not for Taters, so that gets -1 for a total of -0.5.
Now onto the Tampa Bay Barracuda, which won’t be happy with the Fisher. While they do have a tomato, they don’t have actual animals. But I will count a ice skating tomato as 0.1 because why not.
Now the Texas Renegades. No animals to see there.
The same goes for the Toronto North Stars. But they do have a tree, and a mix of dog, wood, and maple syrup. I have no clue how many points to give for either, so let’s say 0.1 for the tree, and 0.3333… for the dogpart.
Last up the Winnipag Aurora. They don’t have any animals.

So the final ranking:
1: Atlanta Inferno – 3+ (Name: No, Logo: Yes)
2: Buffalo Stampede – 2.5 (Name: Yes, Logo: Yes)
3: Hamilton Steelhawks – 1.5 (Name: Yes, Logo: Yes)
4: Baltimore Platoon – 1 (Name: No, Logo: Yes)
5: Philadelphia Forge – 1 (Name: No, Logo: No)
6: New England Wolfpack – 0.5 (Name: Yes, Logo: Yes)
7: Edmonton Blizzard – 0.5 (Name: No, Logo: Yes)
8: Toronto North Stars – 0.433333… (Name: No, Logo: No)
9: San Francisco Pride – 0.125 (Name: No, Logo: Yes)
10: Tampa Bay Barracuda – 0.1 (Name: Yes, Logo: Yes)
11: Calgary Dragons – 0 (Name: Yes, Logo: Yes)
11: LA Panthers – 0 (Name: Yes, Logo: Yes)
13: Manhattan Rage – 0 (Name: No, Logo: Yes)
13: Winnipeg Aurora – 0 (Name: No, Logo: Yes)
15: Chicago Syndicate – 0 (Name: No, Logo: No)
15: Minnesota Monarchs – 0 (Name: No, Logo: No)
15: Montreal Patriotes – 0 (Name: No, Logo: No)
15: New Orleans Specters – 0 (Name: No, Logo: No)
15: Texas Renegades – 0 (Name: No, Logo: No)
20: Seattle Argonauts - -0.5 (Name: No, Logo: No)

681 Words

[Image: FuriousChicken.gif]

Opt 1

Together along with the engineers from Nokia, Georg N'Zola and his team have purposefully invented the cool overall locker room efficiency stat significator, or "colress" for short.

We simply take time on how long each player stays in the locker room to either change into full hockey gear, how long they use the bathroom for, added together. We then multiply that by .8 to take account of the humane factor, to equalize such things as a persons bladder size or an illness they have, like arthritis or osteoporosis for example. When we add all of those numbers together we get a complete number which we use as is, rounded to the nearest hundreth decimal, since the number otherwise would be exponentially larger and therefore a nightmare to compare with other colress data

The team with the highest colress belongs to the Carolina Kraken. Not to anyones wonder since they do like to take their sweet time to have a laugh and bond in the locker room

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

ISFL PT (username is Drizzy)

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Quote:Your player has created a new analytics stat for the local hockey blog that you worked with earlier this season. What's the stat, how does it work, and which team is best at it? The stat does not have to make sense or have practical real-life analytical use, just have fun.

With the advances in the scientific fields, a stunning new study came to fruition when it was discovered that a persons foot size has a great deal to do with how fast they can skate. This seemingly generic study broke new ground when it differentiated the size of a persons foot compared to the length of their toes. A never done before aspect of the foot to speed statistic. So Jarrow joined with a local Winnipeg blog to track, not only his speed to toe length but other Winnipeg Aurora teammates as well.

Unfortunately, the study took a turn for the worse when several of the Aurora players discovered pictures of their feet were being sold online. This has caused quite the uproar amongst the team and many people have been accused of profiting from this.

Due to those unforeseen circumstances, the study and all materials associated with the new statistic has been permanently erased after the judges ruling.

Nothing more will be said about the matter.

[Image: uZXUIMk.png]

OPTION 2

The Flying V because of course!

[Image: LiVPbdi.png]

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: kPo7Awc.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]

The stat is block % the name is pretty much telling already what it is but basically it messures if a puck is shot close to the playert how often does the player block it and how often does it go trough him to the net it would just basically tell how good of a blocker somone is and how much does he acctualy block vs how many attempts could he have it would be useful at telling how good is a player acctualy in defence and how much balls does he have to acctualy block shots instead of trying to dodge them and it would also help goalies know how shit their defence is since defence is either shit or nonexistent nothing in between trust me and i think yukon with the only good defence (trust me bro) will easily carry this stat specifically me who has a block % of 1000 don't tell me its imbossible if i say i have 1000 it must be real

[Image: cVahF90.png]
[Image: 3XFmqtw.jpeg]

Option 2

My favorite offensive play is a rather simple one that we run in warm-ups a lot, but that needs to be executed very clinically in order for it to work. Basically it revolves a lot around circling the puck in the corners and behind the net, using at least three if not four players at possible: With two of them in the corner itself and one floating between the far post and Gretzkys office, aka behind the net. These three players will try to cycle the puck as much as possible, maintaining possession and trying to tire the opposition. The two players in the corner will be set up right at the boards at both ends of the corner and they will try to rotate a lot both with and without the puck to create confusion and get the Defense moving, waiting for an opening. And then once they've got that cycle going and are rotating and rotating and rotating, suddenly they'll switch it up and instead of going for another rotation in the corner, the player higher up on the boards will pass the puck to his teammate and then will make a break for the middle, setting up a quick give-and-go and allowing them a shot from a great scoring position if everything works out.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

The only analytic that matters to Michael fitted is not michael, fitted with prime time 99 cuddles cause Michael fitted doesn't exist anymore, and you know, like 99 prime time just only score goals so wins are the only metric that matters so I don't know what everyone's. Talking about with this other c*** that doesn't really exist. That's not a real thing, so they can really go suck on eggs and hit themselves in the head with a with a tire iron or rubber goose cause blind moose. Guava juice giant snake birthday cake, large fries. Chocolate shake, you know what I mean. It's time for your boy to be the best. And did you know dog from cat dog? Actually is the same voice as SpongeBob. That's crazy cause, but alright, that's a gig piece out So just figure that out when you're looking for who the fuck I am because obviously dogged from cat dog as you I am

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

the stat that we are decididng to track for this new blog site is going to be punches thrown off the ice. this iss key meteric that we are going to use to be a predictive tool to decide who is going to be most likely to throw fists on the ice and predict the best games to blog about. this will be done at all levels of hockey and will require some additional resources because to track this stat we are going to have to hire stafers to track some of the top fighters around all the time at all elvels. this includes having people on staff at most middle schools across the globe. but this will be worth it as this stat is going to revolotionzie the way we track fighting and attend games on the global scale. i am excited to start this venture and gnabe will be the frist local scout attending most middle schools in the area as he is well liked there.

Option 1:
We all know that QCC made up their own stat already, the Denny trip counter, how many times a goalie takes us to Denny’s. But I was curious, who on QCC has the best Post-Denny Performance Metric, PDPM. It takes the percentage of food eaten by a single player, multiples that by the amount of gallons of syrup used by the entire team, and then divides by 1.7x the amount of coffee drank, that gives us our Denny Eaten Amount, DEA, we then take the performance from the next game and plug that into a much too complex equation to post here including the players DEA, to get their PDPM. The person who stands out quite clearly with a PDPM for 117.52 is rookie Demir Bellona, who somehow eats 170% of their food, I don’t know how this is possible, but I’m certain Demir is just insanely talented and there’s nothing wrong with my equation at all

[Image: Rn4Vt1E.png]