Create Account

S74 All Star Week

https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=677406 - PBE PT

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3465382 - Milestones - 3 Claimed

Quote:a. Two teams, Edmonton and Los Angeles, tie with five total nods each. Both of those teams are in the West. Playoff rivalry aside, do you think it's to the West's advantage or disadvantage to have a relatively large number of players from the same two teams? Does it make the all-star game better or worse when this happens?

Regardless if this is real life or not, that is a poor thing to do. I think there should be a limit to how many players can make it from one team set to at least 4 players, but I would prefer to see it set to 3 to make it more fair for others to get noticed for their great play as well

Quote:d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in?

My player should have made the all star game as a fan vote in. Think of the John scott situation with the fans feeling pity and wanting to meme on the format and have someone appear you wouldn't think to normally. What would be more unexpected than the player that like every team passed on in the draft minus Montreal?

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]
[Image: 9sKIbXE.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2024, 09:56 PM by prattk1987. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3465407 - Milestones!
(This post was last modified: 01-26-2024, 09:51 PM by Tylar. Edited 2 times in total.)

Quote:1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3465412

+3 TPE

Quote:4. Written, 3 TPE, TPE TPE TPE (150 words min.)
How much of a correlation do you think there is between TPE and an all-star nod? Should there be more, or less, than there is?

I have not really followed the trends in the Simulation Hockey League lately, but I would have to assume having more TPE would higher the odds of having a better performance and therefore being considered for an All-Star game nod. But the hard part is that sometimes it is about the team you are on, the linemates you have, and the PDO or luck you have throughout the season. The Simulation Hockey League can be a tough league to dominate as it appears someone pops off every season that maybe some did not expect. It is a bit of a revolving door of players having dominant seasons then fading out, or staying near the top. While it is known TPE is not everything, it certainly can help, more importantly, how you play the game and use the skills you have while on the ice is a better indicator of being an all-star. The number of TPE may look nice, but does not guarantee a player anything in this league.

(160 words)

+3 TPE

Quote:2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. Two teams, Edmonton and Los Angeles, tie with five total nods each. Both of those teams are in the West. Playoff rivalry aside, do you think it's to the West's advantage or disadvantage to have a relatively large number of players from the same two teams? Does it make the all-star game better or worse when this happens?

I think overall, it may give an advantage if the Western Conference team coaching staff decide to use the chemistry the players may already have to their advantage. Overall, I am not sure if it is good for the overall growth of the league as having more faces from different teams is helpful for marketing, but ultimately if those players deserved it based on play then that is how it should be.
(70 words)

b. While the East rolled it back with two top defensive pairings - this year that means Philadelphia and Hamilton - the West mixed it up with only Los Angeles having two defensemen present. Everyone else has a new partner. Which side's defense are you more interested in watching?

I would say I am more interested in watching the Eastern Conference side as it will be a test of how chemistry can effect the game and also has some good storylines as well. I personally think the East is a much tougher place to play sometimes and those defenseman are very good so I think it will be fun to watch them play against all the top players in the west.
(70 words)

+2 TPE earned[b]

[b]Total TPE Earned: 8

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM
Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Sad Ketchup -Present
S76 Ryan Jesster Trophy Winner

Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and
then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the
person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks
milestones.
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3465423

Code:
Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to
the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer
must be 50+ words.

a. Two teams, Edmonton and Los Angeles, tie with five total nods each.
Both of those teams are in the West. Playoff rivalry aside, do you think
it's to the West's advantage or disadvantage to have a relatively large
number of players from the same two teams? Does it make the all-star
game better or worse when this happens?

b. While the East rolled it back with two top defensive pairings - this
year that means Philadelphia and Hamilton - the West mixed it up with
only Los Angeles having two defensemen present. Everyone else has a new
partner. Which side's defense are you more interested in watching?
a. I believe it is to the West's advantage for them to have a large amount of players from similar teams. The team will have some automatic chemistry that all-star teams don't usually see, and given these are all all-star caliber players it's only better. Now, for the game itself this does unfortunately have it lose some luster as fans of teams not as well represented may be turned off by the lack of diversity. (74 words)

b. I am most interested in watching the defensive pairing for the West. When it comes to all-star teams and the game itself, seeing new faces and new pairings is always exciting to me. Seeing talented players find their footing with an unfamiliar partner leads to a lot of miscues, but also some successes that neither player might have expected without the other's help. (63 words)

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One (150 words min.)

Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they,
why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do
you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made
the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the
only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write
about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)
David-Arturri Donskoi is the lone Texas player to make the all-star game this season. As I talked about last year, there is no Renegade more deserving. Donskoi captained the Renegades to one of their best seasons in recent memory, with the team finishing at the top of their division and winning a playoff series in round 1. As the leader of the team, Donskoi put together another stellar offensive season for Texas, leading the team with 41 goals and tying for the team lead with 84 points. Aside form his offensive prowess, Donskoi logged a lot of minutes on the ice and was a true menace on the power play for Texas. Stats aside, Donskoi is just a true Texas legend, and a massive fan favorite. You ask anyone around the organization and in the state of Texas, and you can bet they will have a story or two about their resident D.A.D. Donskoi's combination of personal success on the ice, along with the team success that the Renegades had this season, make him an easy choice for the all-star game representative for Texas. (184 words)

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE. Claiming 3

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3465435

Code:
a. Two teams, Edmonton and Los Angeles, tie with five total nods each. Both of those teams are in the West. Playoff rivalry aside, do you think it's to the West's advantage or disadvantage to have a relatively large number of players from the same two teams? Does it make the all-star game better or worse when this happens? 1 TPE

The biggest question that always pops up here is under what merit do we have the all-star game? Is it for fan entertainment or is it for fan engagement? They are two very different things. To have a big emphasis on entertainment is to bring in the greatest players regardless of team to bring the greatest on-ice product to the fans. To focus on engagement is to bring in a player from a varied amount of teams so that every fan has an opportunity to cheer for a player. So if we subscribe to the entertainment school of thought--fuck yeah let's do it, who cares if all of the best players are from 2 teams they're the best players. But for engagement, let's give Minnesota and franchises like that a chance to cheer someone on.

In my opinion, it makes the all-star game better to have the best players regardless of teams, even if it displays a lack of parity in the west.

Code:
150words

Code:
b. While the East rolled it back with two top defensive pairings - this year that means Philadelphia and Hamilton - the West mixed it up with only Los Angeles having two defensemen present. Everyone else has a new partner. Which side's defense are you more interested in watching? 1 TPE

I want to see the West's defensive lineup--mostly because I want to see Jimmy Wagner in the all-star game. Like, this dude is old as fuck, he's what, 21 years in the league? This feels like a our John Scott moment, guys already had his goodbyes out in the media and here he is, about to rock in as an all-star. It's like John Scott, who cares about the highest scoring defensemen when this dude is about to come out in knee braces and knock a hat trick

Code:
70 words

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, TPE TPE TPE (150 words min.)
How much of a correlation do you think there is between TPE and an all-star nod? Should there be more, or less, than there is?

There should be zero correlation between all-star nods and TPE. Frankly, it shouldn't even enter the conversation. Did we not learn anything from the cautionary tale of Fedor Sotakov? With draft, contract, and general performance all surrounding a TPE base can we not have one aspect of recognition just focus on player performance (ignoring hall of fame and awards and other things like that). While it is important to recognize the efforts that go into cultivating a great player, the out of player leaderboards, rankings, and even badges serve as plenty. If we go ahead and start basing all-star voting based on the TPE, what point is there to it is the real question I guess. If we let TPE sway the way in which we vote, do we not just already know the all-star team ahead of time?

Perhaps this is an argument for a separate all-star team-adjacent celebration for top TPE at each position. Just a seasonly log of "here's who the top TPE players at each position are" but that feels... a tad bit superfluous.

Code:
170ish words?

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Quote:
Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and
then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the
person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks
milestones.
3 TPE for Milestones

Quote:
Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics
related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE.
Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. Two teams, Edmonton and Los Angeles, tie with five total nods each. Both of those teams are in the West. Playoff rivalry aside, do you think it's to the West's advantage or disadvantage to have a relatively large number of players from the same two teams? Does it make the all-star  game better or worse when this happens?
b. While the East rolled it back with two top defensive pairings - this year that means Philadelphia and Hamilton - the West mixed it up with only Los Angeles having two defensemen present. Everyone else has a new partner. Which side's defense are you more interested in watching?
a. Generally speaking, I think if it's good or bad depends on what you want. If you want the absolute best players (like I prefer), then it's good; if you want a more even distribution it's bad. It's worth noting that two of LAP's were voted in, so the committee had little control over that. I don't know if it bears an advantage because I don't know if these players will play together at the ASG.

b. I'm using this place to claim that Emil Egli was fucking robbed by the quota stars. That dude should absolutely be here. Anyway, the East has more star power so, aside from the fact that I am literally a West All-Star, I'm probably a bit more interested in theirs. Worth noting too: most of these D All-Stars are in their first or second appearance. The only exceptions are Pass Forfeit, San-sam Emerson, and myself.

Code:
The correlation is pretty strong I'd imagine - you don't really have a lot of super-young or super-old All-Stars that aren't voted in. The bulk of this year's stars are either in their peak years or just outside. The main exceptions are Jimmy Wagner, who was Final Voted in as sort of a farewell gift as he ends his career, and Dick Clapper, who was the quota all-star for a Patriotes team that's an example of "why do we have quota all-stars again?" There are a few players that are probably playing in their last or penultimate ASG just due to age and regression (I'm looking at, for example, Konstantin Selich, who continues to defy Father Time because the Stampede got some voodoo magic going on over there, or maybe even myself depending on if Egli surpasses me next season or not). The quota All-Stars and final vote can throw a wrench, but overall the trend is pretty consistent imo.

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2024, 10:03 AM by Katth. Edited 3 times in total.)

1. Milestones - 3 TPE
Link

2. Grab Bag - 2 TPE
C) The goalies from the East will have more fun, because the goalies from the West simply suck and they will lose and will concede a ton of goals. The East is just the superior side in this all star game and I am not even there to represent the East funny enough.
D) I think my player (Rikkert Biemans) should have made the all star game because I had the best season of my career on an up and coming team. I scored 99 points (yeah, I know just 1 shy of 100). I know that Wagner-Svenson has scored a ton of goals and had 3 points more than me, but I should have been there as well.

3. The Teammate - 3 TPE
From Tampa Bay both Johnny Wagner-Svenson and John Brown made the all star game and I think they are great picks to be there. I hope they have a great time as it's their first appearance for both of them. I know that I enjoyed it a lot last season as a first time all star player. It will be a great experience for them to be in the same locker room as some of the other elite players in the league and play and hang out together. Hopefully both will get some solid minutes during the all star game and get a few points each and that they hammer the West into oblivion. Go East! It is also a great way for them to get some more exposure on them as a person as they will be doing a ton of interviews and meet a lot of fans in and around the arena.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2024, 07:21 AM by OrbitingDeath. Edited 3 times in total.)

1. Milestone - 1 tpe - https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3465498

2D. Grab bag - 1 tpe

Rebecca Montagne should have made the all star game, as she really took one for the team this season. With bringing in Rhett Carpet as a backup, Rebecca knew she would play less then she would desire and this does hurt her stats. But knowing Rhett really wanted to come here she made it work, despite not being too happy about it. Due to this, she deserved to atleast been voted in to the ASG.

6 Logo - 3 tpe

[Image: f9PSOcy.png]

8. Last man in - 3 tpe -

Its unbelievable that this all star game marks only the first all star experience of Jimmy Wagner. The guy has been around for ages it seems, with 19 SHL seasons under his belt it was about time that he made it to the all star game. And while this time it probably is not for his performance on the ice this year, as he only got 6 goals and 14 assists and his icetime is lowering for the last four seasons in a row, he now also became a bit slower so he moved to defense instead. But the fact that he is still around after all these seasons is just remarkable. I'm happy to see him get the all star nod as the guy is not only an Los Angeles  (despite his seasons in Seattle) legend, but also one for the entire league with the longevity he has shown. Keep in mind this guy had his best season 12 seasons ago, most of the players now in the All Star Game might not even have been playing in the SHL then. Congrats on the nod sve7en, its well deserved.

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2024, 07:06 AM by Salming. Edited 1 time in total.)

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Two teams, Edmonton and Los Angeles, tie with five total nods each. Both of those teams are in the West. Playoff rivalry aside, do you think it's to the West's advantage or disadvantage to have a relatively large number of players from the same two teams? Does it make the all-star game better or worse when this happens?
c. While there aren't any new faces in net this season, which pair of goalies do you think is going to have more fun?

a) My thought has always been that All-Star games belongs to the very best players in the game. It is not an event where you should get a place without achievements. I hate it when you get called up to the game if there is not anybody else from your team. So, I really like that there are five players from these teams in the All-Star game. They have earned their places there more than anything.
c) I am sure both goalies duos will have a great time to show their skills in skills competion and then in the All-Star game. There is no excuses in that sense. But if I had to choose, I think West duo will have more fun. Time is the best goalie in the league so he will have fun because he stops all penalty shots. And then that Polish name monster will get good laughs thanks to his surname which is pretty crazy.

Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

The Great Seattle Argonauts are represented in the All-Star game by one and only Landon Fischermann. He is a top tier defenceman who leads Aronauts's blue line. He is a two-tine Stanley Cup... I mean Challenge Cup winner. He knows how to go through tough playoff grinds. He has attitude. He leads by his example. He is a sensational leader on and off the ice. He is also GM of the franchise nowadays thanks to his leadership qualities, scouting skills and understanding of the game. He is a hockey nerd, you could say. He is a very intelligent hockey player. I expect Landon dominates the All-Star game now when he gets the chance to play with better players than currently in Seattle which goes through a re-building phase. It will be Fischermann's second All-Star appearance and I expect to see something magical from him. So yeah, there is that story about Landon Sir Fischermann. He will be at his element in Toronto's... Yukon's All-Star game.

5. Written, 3 TPE, Last Men In (150 words min.)
Argue for one of your teammates (not yourself!) to be the last man in for your conference!

Well, Willie Miller has played a sensational season behind a very bad Seattle Argonauts team. Of course his save percentage and goals against average numbers are not great because the team gives up so many shots and quality chances and in the end goals, but his analytics and deep data look very cool. His goals saved above expected number is magical +15.0. That means Miller played a very good season. Without him Seattle would have failed to reach its target which was six wins due to casino line. So yeah, just look at that number and then tell me why Miller is not in the AG game? If we compare him to other goalies, his goals saved above expected number is the second highest among all goaltenders in the Simulation Hockey League in season 74. So yeah, he was simply excellent. His athletiscm was suberb and pad saves very quick. He moves from post to post like Usain Bolt in his prime. Believe me. Eye test tells that Willie should be in the AG game.

[Image: salming.png]

HO/J GM pass

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2024, 11:16 AM by Figgy. Edited 1 time in total.)

#1 Milestones (+3 TPE)
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3465451

b. I honestly think the East's defense is going to be the most fun to watch. The chemistry between two four defensemen playing with their natural partners from the season should lead to less mistakes and better plays all around. Now I'm not saying that two guys can't build a decent amount of chemistry playing together for the first time, but when you play with the same teammate every shift all year along, you basically know their next move before it happens.

c. Both sets of goalies are going to have fun for sure. Now who has the most fun will depend on your definition of fun for a goalie. If it is facing high number of shots and high quality chances I think the West may be in for more fun. Looking at the forwards the East is bringing to the table you can't help but think they strike fear into the hearts of goalies across the league. I can't imagine watching the likes of Lakemore, Hinota, Wagner-Svenson and Koivu baring down on me as being fun, but then agian goalies are a strange bunch.

Now mind you I am currently still in the J but I am joining the Inferno for this upcoming seasons. In saying that,  once again    Shōyō Hinata has been selected for the All-Star game. That is the 5th all star election for the high scoring forward from the Inferno. Shoyo has not only been the Inferno's hightest scorer since S70 when he was second to Viktor Krunk, but he is an amazing locker room presences. Shoyo led the way in Atlanta with 61 Goals and 115 Points. This was good for second in goals in the league and 4th in points. This alone should have guaranteed a spot in the game. Sadly Shoyo was somehow the only representative the Inferno is sending to the game this year, which to me is a travesty. How Binko Koivu didn't make it with 69 assists and 104 points hasn't made it is baffling but hey sometimes decisions are made that make zero sense.

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png]
[Image: Q9Ii17g.png]
Credit to Ragnar and Enigmatic for the great Signatures

Gm pass

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

Code:

3 TPE = https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3465585

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Last Men In (150 words min.)
Argue for one of your teammates (not yourself!) to be the last man in for your conference!

I don’t think goalies are even eligible for Last Player In (although maybe each team should get three, so each goalie plays one period, which is how the NHL used to it until they invented the ridiculous 4-team tournament, but I’m not here to talk about that).

But it is ri-dic-u-lous that Anthony Dionne is not in this ASG. Dude is a 2k goalie and we all know goalie TPE doesn’t mean anything in FHM but he’s still out here earning and grinding with the best of ‘em. An .899 save percentage doesn’t quite crack the top but it’s hardly bad, especially when it backstops 33 wins (tied for 3rd most in the league). He also pushed us to 5 OTL, always giving the Renegades a chance, and his 4 shutouts were second most in the league. What else does he have to do?!

Then there are the 6 playoff wins, which is way better than some *other* goaltenders out there. He gets all the hardest starts for Texas and is a force in the locker room as well. If he ain’t a star, no one is.

Code:
6. Graphic, 3 TPE, Logo Logic
Make an alternate logo for this season's allstar game!
[Image: zSPCgNw.png]

[Image: YpRQWIT.png]
Sig courtesy @sulovilen

[Image: SyiOY8U.png][Image: showthread.php?tid=126581%5D][Image: ywpNoYb.png]

Task 1.
Milestones  +3

Task 2.

a.
I do not like it. Not because I think their players are bad or anything like that. It is more of, what about the other great players on different teams? There were better players (statistically) that did not even get a mention. I understand the “Should be only STARS” crowd, but representation of all teams is a plus.  [58]

d.
I will not be the last man in, it just is not possible at this time of writing. Should Luca Pane be an All Star? No. Not yet. His play is getting better and better as he progresses into his prime. He plays an all around good game, but will need more points to really get over the hump and have a real chance at getting the prestigious nod.  [69]

Task 3:

This is a very exciting time for the Minnesota Monarchs. For the first time in a long time, the Monarchs have two players going to the All Star Game. Meta Knight getting the nod once again for their fourth All Star Game selection. That is four in a row by the way. Alexi Piastri gets their second All Star Game appearance, their first being the year before Meta Knight took over. Both are really good players that I am lucky to share a line with in Minny. They both have been excellent for a few seasons now and have really earned this. Now for the sad part. Alexi Piastri is no longer apart of the Monarchs organization as he decided free agency was best for him and ended up signing with Los Angeles. The Panthers have a total of five players already headed to the game, might be a bit weird for Alexi to wear the Monarchs logo while signed to a different team. We’ll take it though. I think next season is my season to get a nom. [179]

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

Code:

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.[/font][/size][/color]

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3459687 - 5 milestones, 3 TPE

Code:

I haven't been around long enough to make an assessment beyond the obvious - i.e. "more TPE = higher stats = higher chance of good performance = higher chance of all star game selection" - but I'd love to see less correlation. In real life, we've all seen the situations where fans decide to push random guys like John Scott or Rory Fitzpatrick into contention or unheralded players make sudden leaps in performance to get themselves into the frame for an all star game appearance, and I'd love to see the selections consider players who aren't necessarily blowing up the scoresheet game after game (which is not to say they inherently don't, mind!). In the juniors, I do believe that Simo should have been acknowledged as an all star because defensively his stats have been fantastic, even though he's capped at 350 TPE as a second-year player, and I suspect that's likely to continue into the SHL.

Code:

Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

As a future Monarch, Alexi Piastri heading to the Los Angeles Panthers is a real bummer but clearly an excellent move for him and for the Panthers, because Alexi played out of their mind this season and basically every year they've been in Minnesota despite arguably not getting the support they deserved. 66 assists in a season is a hell of a number, up there with past league MVPs, and the pairing of them and Adam Prpich I hope is going to be sensational, not least because I just picked Prpich in fantasy for next year. It'd be wrong to give somebody an all star game nod for past performance but this almost feels right from a legacy perspective as well - an honouring of what Alexi did for Minnesota and what I can only imagine they're going to do in Los Angeles. As for the all star game proper, 1 goal and 3 assists is my prediction.

[Image: Skree.gif]
[Image: l9CZq3v.png]