Create Account

S74 All Star Week

2 + 3 + 3 = 8 TPE
1 + 6 + 7

Quote:1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
+2 TPE

Quote:6. Graphic, 3 TPE, Logo Logic

Make an alternate logo for this season's allstar game!
[Image: wUpIpFT.jpeg]

Quote:7. Graphic, 3 TPE, Best Foot Forward

Make a hype poster for your favorite forward line at this game! Include all three player renders, the fact that this is the all star game, at least one stat from each player, and your name for their line!
[Image: CCCBiVq.jpeg]

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]

1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.
+2: Milestone TPE

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. Two teams, Edmonton and Los Angeles, tie with five total nods each. Both of those teams are in the West. Playoff rivalry aside, do you think it's to the West's advantage or disadvantage to have a relatively large number of players from the same two teams? Does it make the all-star game better or worse when this happens?
I mean is it not always a advantage to have multiple players of the same team, it most likely meant the team gelled well together, and them all being called up means the lines that did so well in the SHL season, can now keep playing together during this all-star match. Of course it does sadly take away some of the intrigue to see how players from different teams perform together. 71 words (1 TPE)

b. While the East rolled it back with two top defensive pairings - this year that means Philadelphia and Hamilton - the West mixed it up with only Los Angeles having two defensemen present. Everyone else has a new partner. Which side's defense are you more interested in watching?
I mean while the East will of course be interesting to see these strong defensive pairings together again, the west will surely be the more interesting defense to watch, seeing how the new pairings gel together (or fall apart together), and seeing if the players individually also can make do, or if the pairings in the regular team is so perfect that the 2 defenders cover each other’s weaknesses really well. - 71 Words (1 TPE)

c. While there aren't any new faces in net this season, which pair of goalies do you think is going to have more fun?
On one side we have the goalie pairings of Buffalo’s Casey Fantobens and Philadelphia’s Base Pack. Both great goalies who have in recent times been somewhat regulars in the all-star game, but for the first time being seen together. In the west we see Justin Time and Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz, Justin Time has played in the last 3 all-star games, with the last one already being together with Brzęczyszczykiewicz, because of this I do think the Eastern pairing will be more interesting as it is a new pairing. - 87 Words (1 TPE)

4. Written, 3 TPE, TPE TPE TPE (150 words min.)

How much of a correlation do you think there is between TPE and an all-star nod? Should there be more, or less, than there is?
I mean there is certainly a high correlation between these 2, but is that not just logical? The more TPE you have, the better your player most likely is. This means more minutes played, and thus more potential to gain stats, which means more likely to get into the all-star team. And still when looking at this seasons all-star team we only need to look at the Eastern Conference into Atlanta’s player to see the 3rd highest TPE player being in, instead of the 1st highest. Because of this I personally think it is a logical correlation, as you will most likely see the for forwards 3 highest, for defenders 2 highest, and for goalies highest TPE player play in the 1st line (or as main goalie in the case of goalies) so those are also the ones in contention for the all-star team as they played more minutes, and got more (and likely better) statistics than the ones behind them. - 161 words (3 TPE)

Total: 8 TPE

[Image: FuriousChicken.gif]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

+3 TPE

3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

Well well well well well, it's the end of the season, which means it's the time of the year for the annual All Star Game. Anchorage Armada, of the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League, has 4 representatives sent to the tourney this year. First up is Joseph Reed. Joseph Reed has been an absolute unit for the team for the past 4 seasons, this year his stat line is ridiculous. Played all 66 games, and put up 37 goals, 52 assissts and a total of 89 points! Which is only 6 or 7 points away from the league leader this season. But let's look at some other ridiculous stats that Reed put up this season. 16 power play goals, 18 power play assists, all this while only playing 17:46 per game. Ridicuously impressive and aggressive. Not only that, but he put up 587 Face off wins, and lost 426 face off losts, a crazy 57.9% face off percentage.

a. Two teams, Edmonton and Los Angeles, tie with five total nods each. Both of those teams are in the West. Playoff rivalry aside, do you think it's to the West's advantage or disadvantage to have a relatively large number of players from the same two teams? Does it make the all-star game better or worse when this happens?

It's bad for the game, one line on each team got hot and that's why they got voted in. it also goes to show the disparity between the top of the league and the bottom of the league. This happens in both Conferences, 3 teams with less than 10 wins, and the powers that be want you to believe that "parity" exists in the league. I doubt that, that's some big blue pill energy.

d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates instead!)

Of course I believe that Ubba Lodbrok should have gotten into the All Star Game, and of course he thinks he should have been in the SHL All Star game, regardless that he is in the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League. Will this year be the year that he makes the jump from paltry J player to a once ever SHL all star?

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones

+3 TPE

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, TPE TPE TPE (150 words min.)
How much of a correlation do you think there is between TPE and an all-star nod? Should there be more, or less, than there is?

First of all, there should be a correlation. But the correlation should be a side product of more TPE correlating with on-ice results. TPE in itself should be not a factor for the all-star committee when determining all-star picks. My feeling is that this is the case right now, based on what I’ve seen. If I’m completely wrong, I hope it changes.

I think the all-star nods should purely be based on how well a player has performed on the ice on this particular season. Looking at this season’s picks, TPE definitely is not everything the committee is looking at. Dick Clapper with 601 TPE being the prime example of that. In this case, the player’s age also seems to be a big factor, as a player with -111 in the plus minus column is typically not an all-star. So to conclude, TPE shouldn’t matter at all, and looks like committee is giving it just as much weight as there should be.

Code:
6. Graphic, 3 TPE, Logo Logic
Make an alternate logo for this season's allstar game!

[Image: 77WK7Kz.png]

[Image: sulov.gif]

Code:

Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones +2 TPE

Code:

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Last Men In (150 words min.)
Argue for one of your teammates (not yourself!) to be the last man in for your conference!

If I had to argue for a teammate to be the last player going in the All Stars, it would be Hai Nam Hoang. To start, not only is Hoang the 3rd highest scorer in our team, but also has the best faceoff percentage in the whole entire league. Because Meta Knight and Alex Piastri made the team, it would be the best choice to put in Hai. In this season, he had 47 goals and 34 assists and 81 points overall which definitely can be all star material. As mentioned before, he has the best faceoff percentage that was over 800 faceoffs in the whole league with an impressive 61.2 win percentage. In my honest opinion, if points and similar stats to that automatically gets you into the all star team, then why shouldn't faceoffs. I know that faceoffs don't feel that important compared to goals and assists, but one good faceoff could lead to that game winning goal. 

160 words +3 TPE 

Code:

Code:
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game!
Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG?
(If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

Although there were two Monarch all stars this season which I both want to talk about, for the sake of this I will talk about one player. One teammate that got into the all star team was Meta Knight. Meta Knight is really the face of the team with 104 points on the season, he leads the Minnesota Monarchs in points and is on the first page of the rankings with him being 15th in the SHL which is impressive. He has got 52 goals and 52 assists which is his career high of assists and points. It was an obvious choice because first of all, he was the only Monarch to be on the first page points wise and lead the team in points which made him immediately join the team. But other than that, it was because of his fantastic passing and scoring touch that got him into the all star team. 

154 words +3TPE 

3 + 3 + 2 = 8TPE

[Image: hbtB38x.png]
                                                  Canada Knights Monarchs Thank you Enigmatic for the sig!  Monarchs Knights Canada
                                                                      [Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Monarchs Knights [Image: YADp0uU.png] 

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2024, 05:11 PM by vbottas17. Edited 3 times in total.)

Alexi Piastri

1. Milestones (+3 TPE)

Link: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3466122

S74 MILESTONES

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag (+2 TPE)

I think that the point of the all-star game is to showcase the best players in the league. It just so happens that a number of the world's best players play for Edmonton and Los Angeles. I feel that all of the players selected ftom these two teams deserve to be there and have no problem with it.

d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates instead!)

Im going to go with one of my new teammates here.. Rasmus Bergling should have been an all-star, but he was snubbed by the committee. Bergling had a breakout season improving on his career highs by a high margin. The defenseman scored 17 goals and added 38 assists for 5t total points. Bergling finished the season at +15 and blocked 120 shots.

Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

Joining Alexi Piastri on the squad, Meta Knight is a well deserving all-star for the Western Conference this season. Knight is beginning to make all star appearances the norm, with this being Meta's 4th consecutive selection to the team. Knight is a leader for the Minnesota Monarchs who has developed into one of the very best players in the league. Knight was a force for the Monarchs last season, scoring 52 goals and adding 52 assists. Season 74 was the second season in a row that the talented forward reached the 59 goal and 100 point plateaus. Knight is not a one dimensional player, Knight is quickly becoming one of the very best two-way centers in the entire league. Knight plays in all situations for the Monarchs, averaging over 22 minutes a game for the past three seasons. Meta is constantly creating offensive opportunities for the Monarchs, firing over 330 shots on goal in each of yhe past two seasons.

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2024, 04:31 PM by yosh. Edited 1 time in total.)

PBE PT

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
b. While the East rolled it back with two top defensive pairings - this year that means Philadelphia and Hamilton - the West mixed it up with only Los Angeles having two defensemen present. Everyone else has a new partner. Which side's defense are you more interested in watching?
c. While there aren't any new faces in net this season, which pair of goalies do you think is going to have more fun?

A. Well, while it may, in theory, make the team a bit stronger just given how strong both teams were in the regular season, it must suck for marketing sake to have that many players belonging to two teams. Then again, who am I to speak given my irl fandom just sent like five all stars to the actual NHL all star game. I also believe that the minimum one per team thing can lead to quality players not making it. Really, it’s a delicate mix, choosing all stars.
B. Definitely some bias but I would be interested in watching the West, not only just because they have my boy Landon Fischermann, but also because there is such a nice mix of defenseman in the West that it shows off all of the different playing styles and tactics that you can find in that competitive western conference.
C. I would say the West? Justin Time on Edmonton is a really strong goalie, and frankly it just feels like watching him play is such a blast. Grzegorz is also a great goalie and absolutely worthy of that all star nod. That Pacific division is such a treat, minus the fact that my own player is there and has to face those two absolute brick walls quite frequently.
D. Vaseline Podcalzone led the Argonauts in points last season! Granted, it was only about 39 points or so, but you know what, Podzy deserves some more love. Over 1000 games played, all with one franchise, and still having the guts to throw the body around despite his age creeping up on him. I do hope to campaign next year to get either Podz or Salming into the all star game via the vote, if they aren’t chosen before that. Let’s show some love to the old guys!

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2024, 04:57 PM by NJBadApple.)

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3465551

2. Written, up to 4 TPE.
a. Having multiple players of the same team being able to represent an all-star team can only bode well for said team because in FHM having excellent line chemistry goes a long way to having a great performance. The all-star game is to represent the all-stars of the game and if a team has many all-stars why not send them to the game?
b. I will say the East top defense pairings will be the more exciting d-men to watch for the all-star game. PHI and HAM play a high octane offensive game and what a better way to showcase that in the all-star game where offense will be what excites the fans. Emerson on PHI will be my D-man to watch.

Code:
Words: 50+ each

4. Written, 3 TPE, TPE TPE TPE.
On one hand TPE ranges in the J go from 155 to 425 so it shouldn't really matter. On the other hand, most of the players who lead their team in scoring are going to be ranging from the 350 to 425 caps respectively.  At the same time, you have to account for the fact that all star nominations will come disproportionately from the top ranked teams, many of whom have the lion's share of TPE.  Where in the SHL we see the TPE coming way more into play as players in the league range from 750 to 2000+ as growing players.  Again; the majority of the share of nominations are going to go to players on good teams or leading scorers on teams with low average TPE - usually those in the latter are in the top 3 in TPE on said team.  So honestly I think it's pretty clear that TPE matters.  As for weather it should or not?  TPE governs how high your overall stats are... so if you believe that your all stars should be the best in the league, then yes it should matter.

Code:
Words: 50+

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2024, 04:55 PM by Juho. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. SJHML Milestones:
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3466158

4. There should be no correlation between TPE and all star nomiatation due to the fact that all star nomiation should be just managed by how purely the player played that season not just oh look at that he played well but only had like 1k TPE so he can't be in all stars is a no reason if that would acctualy be used i feel like the SHL all stars would not be all stars just high TPE players playing against each other so in other words IN NO WAY CAN YOU ALLOW TPE BASED ALL STAR NOMITATIONS like srly oh i can't get that player into all stars just cuz hes too old or young doesn't that sound wierd? yeah it does and it would be really corrupted also in my opinion yeah so thats it hopefully i kept it on topic

[Image: cVahF90.png]
[Image: 3XFmqtw.jpeg]

as week pass - sim

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2024, 06:14 PM by DigDoug11. Edited 1 time in total.)

ISFL OT - 3 TPE

1 - Milestones - 3 TPE
3 Milestones 

2.a 1 TPE - 66 Words
With Edmonton and LA having 5 players each going to the Allstar game will 100% have an impact on how well the West does in the Allstar game this season, both team have a lot of studs that will contribute to a lot to the team's success during the ASG. But who really knows what the real come will be, can those players pull it off?

2.c 1 TPE 65 Words
Picking which pair of goalies will more fun to watch is hard when all the goalies in this seasons Allstar game are amazing players.  But since I have to pick, i will chose the pair in the West, Justin Time of Edmonton and Grezgorz brescyckrieskwi of LA. just bcuase you have a veteran and a newish goalie both on the same team. should be epic

ISFL 3tpe + milestones 3TPE + plus 2 TPE from task 2 = 8 TPE total

[Image: captainLahey.png?width=1000&height=606]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png][Image: 9pUocRs.png]

Task 1 – 3 TPE

Milestones – 3 TPE

Task 2 – 2 TPE

a. Since it’s the ASG they tend to have some fun so teammates usually end up on the ice together, so there’s already some chemistry there. I would say it helps the West for that and if they decide to mix things up, well they’re all great players and they’ll figure it out. I think it’s a little tough having that many from 1 team, especially with 2 teams having 5 each, but it’s a fan vote, so you can’t really say too much more I guess.
D. Well, I was the last man in on the West side, and I am super grateful I was acknowledged this season, but I will probably say if I had to give my spot to someone on the team, I’d give it to Kobo. Derek Martin will be there plenty more times in his career, but Kobo is a quiet guy, minds his business and is a fantastic player for us. That quietness usually makes him go under the radar, which is why I would let him have my spot if I could.

Task 3 – 3 TPE

There are a few guys to choose from, but I’ll go ahead and talk about the obvious one: Adam Prpich. I don’t think anyone could say he shouldn’t be there, and I’m super happy for him. Adam has been a big part of this Panthers team for a while and he finally got to pop off like we knew he could. The team has slowly been building up behind it and now that we really had a solid supporting cast to help him, we saw the true player he could be. I think it was a matter of time, and the fact that it’s his 1st appearance at an All-Star Game is pretty crazy.

Adam is a great guy and always a team first player, so I don’t really expect him to go out there and try to light it up (although he could). I think he’s gong to be more interested in the festivities, talking to some friends from around the league and helping other people get some points and whatnot.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

1. Milestones - 3 TPE
S74 SMJHL Milestones (simulationhockey.com)

2. Shiny Grab Bag - 2 TPE

c. The Western Conference goalies are going to ball so, so hard. Like, so fucking hard. You know how I know? Vibes. Pure vibes. What is a goalie if not a walking, talking vibes machine? The holder of the vibes? And the greatest of all vibes holders is.... Justin Time. I mean, come on. With a name like that, how could he be anything else?

d. Celly deserves to be Last Player In because they were just as good as last season, when they Were an all-star. The statistical decrease is almost exactly proportional to the decrease in ice time that they suffered due to the introduction of the fourth line with its minutes requirements. And despite the statistical decrease, their +/- was almost three times better!

5. Last [player] In - 3 TPE - 161 Words

Since I'm in the J I am going to talk about the J. And the last PLAYER in, in my opinion, should be Leo Roze. He's put up astounding defensive numbers and was completely snubbed in favor of a list of defenders who just made up the top scoring players at the position. So why exactly aren't we rewarding players for doing their job and performing their role to their highest ability? Roze exemplifies what a defender should be. Sure, he only posted 22 points, but he was a +60 on the season in an astounding 21:10 average TOI. He also mostly matched up against forwards with higher TPE than him, so you would expect him to have done significantly worse than he did. And even though I am extolling his defensive virtues here, he still managed to come up with not one but two game winning goals, so his offensive contributions were not nonexistent! Put Roze in the ASG.

[ 8 TPE Total ]

[Image: Fm35hEW.png]

S74 Milestones

[Image: rm2.png?ex=661824aa&is=6605afaa&hm=6885c...6e2d79654&]
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2024, 08:19 PM by kenvald. Edited 3 times in total.)

Quote:1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.
+3 milestones

Quote:2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
I always vote to have the representation of teams in the all star selections as balanced as possible. I'm happy for Edmonton and Los Angeles, but having the majority of all star players in their conference come from only two teams can make it fun for the other teams. Because as-is it's practically impossible for players from the lower teams to even end up on a ballot.

Quote:b. While the East rolled it back with two top defensive pairings - this year that means Philadelphia and Hamilton - the West mixed it up with only Los Angeles having two defensemen present. Everyone else has a new partner. Which side's defense are you more interested in watching?
Changing things up always make it more interesting to me. Players with longevity may end up playing 80% of their career with the same defensive partner if they're close in age. Hence why having them play with other partners, with less chemistry, is always fun to watch. We get to see if they're able to communicate with someone new rather than the telepathic ability they've likely developed with their teammate.

Quote:4. Written, 3 TPE, TPE TPE TPE (150 words min.)
There is some, but very minor correlation compared to how the rest of your team looks like. I have first-hand experience that can mostly prove my opinion. I say mostly because the example I'm using is my previous player, Sven Yxskaft. I did manage to be selected for the all star teams twice during his 15 seasons in the SHL. But the key relevant data point to consider in this is that Yxskaft was a max-earning player and reached #1 on the overall TPE leaderboard. Meaning I collected more TPE than any other user had for their player in the past. This isn't to brag, as I lost that spot quickly thanks to TPE inflation that started when Yxskaft was young. But what I'm trying to say is that I had the top TPE defenseman in the league and fought regression for several seasons. But because I was playing in a perpetual rebuild, I was barely ever considered. As my stats couldn't be padded with the help of my teammates.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players