Create Account

S74 All Star Week

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Link, +3

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Two teams, Edmonton and Los Angeles, tie with five total nods each. Both of those teams are in the West. Playoff rivalry aside, do you think it's to the West's advantage or disadvantage to have a relatively large number of players from the same two teams? Does it make the all-star game better or worse when this happens?
b. While the East rolled it back with two top defensive pairings - this year that means Philadelphia and Hamilton - the West mixed it up with only Los Angeles having two defensemen present. Everyone else has a new partner. Which side's defense are you more interested in watching?
c. While there aren't any new faces in net this season, which pair of goalies do you think is going to have more fun?
d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates instead!)

a. I would say it's an advantage. Having pairs be familiar with each other is an extremely good thing to have, so making such pairings should be easy to run. That said, it's more fun if they have to play with another partner, so i would still advocate for all spots to be from a different team. (56 words)

d. Let me tell you people, my player was nominated for a bojo biscut trophy this season, and I am high off of that. Without me, they will not win. Is John Brown carrying my ass? Yes. Does it matter? Hell no, put me in a gaudy jersey and let me play for money (I am SHL broke). (57 words)

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, TPE TPE TPE (150 words min.)
How much of a correlation do you think there is between TPE and an all-star nod? Should there be more, or less, than there is?

I think having a lot of TPE does increase your odds of being an all-star. TPE is, in concept, a system that is reliant on player experience and such, and as such, the more TPE you have, the more skill you have. It's no surprise that a vast majority of players who made the all-star game are early into their TPE regression, or are close to that point. You really have to have a sizeable amount of TPE in order to upgrade stats for increased effectiveness, regardless of what team you are on or how far you are into your career. All that being said, it's possible for your tactics to really bring out the best in players, even if they don't hit the same TPE values as other players. This is good, since otherwise, having a team of the top TPE users would be extremely boring to predict, and it's great that FHM gives players such an opportunity. (159 words)

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

THE TEAMMATE ONE: +3 TPE

Every single season at the very end of the playoffs I like to look at the total points accumulated throughout the entire league. Again and again, every year without fail, at the top of the list of forwards with the most league leading boys is Shoyo Hinaya. The Japanese forward always appears to be at the top 10 every single year. This season, shoyo hinata finished 4th overall in points, trailing only 3 other forwards. I’m surprised that binko koivu and billy Herrington also didn’t make the eastern all star squad as well, given that they both posted over 69 assists and are both top 3 for assists overall. I guess we need some defense to balance out our juggernaut offense in the east. Every single one of these boys deserves the nod and I am absolutely certain that I am glad to call them my team mates but really it is no surprised that Hinata rose to the top and remains Atlanta’s ALL STAR REPRESENTATIVE.

MILESTONES LINK +3 TPE:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3466546

SHINY GRAB BAG +2 TPE

c. While there aren't any new faces in net this season, which pair of goalies do you think is going to have more fun?

I think that BASE PACK and CASEY FANTOBENS will have more fun as the goaltending tandem in the east. Why do I think so? Well I’ve heard that both goalies have requested a trade to the others SHL team. The two also have been known to play epic pranks on eachother (epic bacon) and totally prank eachother but sometimes the prank goes too far and then both goalies are reasonable for the fallout. Also Justin time cannot have fun because he is in Edmonton. Edmonton is cold.

d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates instead!)

Although Bongo is in the SMJHL I think he should get the nod to be atlantas representative because he recently has been diagnosed with a rare terminal form of progeria, in which the age reversing process will shorten bongos life but more importantly, his career. Bongo could be the first baby to be inducted into the all star game.

+8 TPE TOTAL

Milestones +2

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. I think all star competitions are worse when one team has a very large amount of players. It's bad for the marketing overall because fans of that team are obviously going to be more likely to tune in, but the opportunity to bring in more fans of other teams with more of their players is lost.
b. Well I'm more interested in the east because they had 2 of my teammates. But I will say objectively i think the west is more interesting. The all star game is all about seeing players play together that dont typically get to do that in the regular season, and having 2 pairings that we see all the time in the east is objectively less exciting to me.
d. My player should have made it because I am a low tpe player who had a pretty good season for a rookie. Plus then that would make me happy which is better for everyone and keeps me active which is a good thing. I could be a sort of team mascot as well, hyping everyone up and i think that would provide many happy smiles

I think there is a massive correlation between tpe and allstar nod, but the causation of this is obvious. A higher tpe player will perform better in the sim, meaning that they are more likely to get a nod for the all star game. I think a fun and interesting proposition would be for each line and pairing in the all star game have a TPE maximum. Top 2 could be no limit, but then line 3 could be something like 1500 and the bottom being 1000. This could give an opportunity for lower tpe stars to shine. People who had breakout or outlier seasons could see that be acknowledged, and encourage those who see something like 2k tpe to be a massively daunting task. Those players get acknowledged for their achievments, and maybe its not always the same players in these all star slots. Just an idea but love if something similar was considered

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

S74 Milestones +3

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2024, 11:28 PM by Bruins10. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
S74 Milestones
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3466578
+2

Code:
a. Two teams, Edmonton and Los Angeles, tie with five total nods each. Both of those teams are in the West. Playoff rivalry aside, do you think it's to the West's advantage or disadvantage to have a relatively large number of players from the same two teams? Does it make the all-star game better or worse when this happens?
b. While the East rolled it back with two top defensive pairings - this year that means Philadelphia and Hamilton - the West mixed it up with only Los Angeles having two defensemen present. Everyone else has a new partner. Which side's defense are you more interested in watching?
a. I truly believe that the all star game should award the best players in the league, no matter what teams they come from. I really do hate the way the NHL does it that every single NHL team has one player that shows up to the all star game. That makes it more of a participation contest rather than awarding the better players in the league with something.
b. I think I am more interested in watching the Eastern conference Defenseman this year. Although the Blizzard have the more high power players as their players led the defensive scoring leader categories, I think the depth of the Eastern Conference takes the cake. I would rather watch all 6 guys on the Eastern conference than have to wait for the top Defenseman's on the Western conference.
d. Although I had a rough year this year as a player in the regular season, I think my performance in the playoffs would grant me the place in the all star game. I was surprised to see that I dominated the playoffs, leading the whole playoffs in Points and Goals, which I had 4 more than the next guy who I am lucky enough to call a teammate. But, the all star game is for the regular season and not the playoffs.

Code:
How much of a correlation do you think there is between TPE and an all-star nod? Should there be more, or less, than there is?
I think it hard to really argue this one. The better players most likely have the most TPE, that is just common sense. If players are able to have higher individual ratings, they will perform better on the sim. Where I think there is a little change in this observation is players that play on bad teams. There are bad teams that will play their best players a ton of minutes and just try to stat pad those players the best they can. The thing is that, sometimes, these players are not the ones with 2k TPE or 1800 tpe, they are just a rebuilding team who has their highest rated player with 1300 TPE for example. So yes, he will have a great season because he will be exposed to the top line, the top power play and probably even play a little bit of Penalty kill because the rebuilding team has some Inactives on their team or rookies with very low TPE counts.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

1. +1
Milestone

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2024, 11:13 PM by Jorec.)

1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE. (3 TPE)
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3466564

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words. (2 TPE)

I believe it is to the Wests advantage to have so many players in the all star game. It just showcases the vast amount of individual talent that is on the teams there and specifically on the Panthers and the Blizzard. As cool as it would be to have an equal representation from all teams, it's not necessary for a good game.

62 words

I think that the eastern goalies could be having a lot more fun then the western ones, if only because I think they'll get more pucks thrown at them. The caviet, of course, is that they are able to stop the pucks and look like big damn heroes in order for it to be fun for them.

57 words.

How much of a correlation do you think there is between TPE and an all-star nod? Should there be more, or less, than there is? (3 TPE)

There is a lot of correlation between the amount of TPE that a player has and their likelihood of getting an all star game nod. Really, this is because for the most part, having more TPE means having a better chance at having a good player and having a good season, which is what you need to even be comsidered for the all star game. There are exceptions, such as Jimmy Wagner who got in with relatively low TPE and low numbers but when that happens, its more of awarding a place to someone who is on their way out of the league and deserves one last hurrah.

I think the amount that of correlation that the amount of TPE a player has an the All Star game is alright because as far as I know, the amount of TPE isn't a factor when it comes to it being decided. It's about how well the player is doing during the season and I hope that if a lower TPE player was doing well, they'd be just as likely to be picked as the higher TPE player.

186 words.

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

GM Pass

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Milestones +1 https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....66593years
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2024, 11:57 PM by Dindog. Edited 1 time in total.)

Milestones +1
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3466593

4. So TPE and all star level performances are weird. Sometimes it seems like TPE has a lot to do with what level you will be playing at them others it almost seems like TPE doesn’t matter at all and the sim is going to do whatever in the world the sim is going to want to do. I think a fine balance between the top is what we need. I but probably leaning towards the more TPE the more likely you are to get the all starr mod because you are I. Fact putting in that work to get better and improve your player so you should be awarded correctly for that. Of course the sim is gonna do sim things and just decide who is gonna have that level of play to get the nod and I do think that is fine in moderation. So my answer is a balance of the two

Milestones - 3 TPE

Code:

Milestones Link

Topic #4 - 3 TPE

Code:

I definitely think that, when you look at the users that earn the most and would therefore have the most TPE, there is a correlation between them and the players that get picked for the All-Star Game. More TPE will equal to higher stats and therefore better players, and the better players will have a better chance to play in the All-Star Game because of their performances. I also do think that this should stay the same, since it makes sense that a player that has put in consistently good performances in the regular season would be picked for the All-Star Game to play against the other top players of the league. It's called the All-Star Game for a reason, and lowering the standards to allow lower TPE players to participate would seem to me to dilute the purpose of the game. Also, having the higher TPE players will just make for more exciting action in the game itself since it will be a more evenly matched All-Star Game.

Code:
Word count - 169 words

Shiny Grab Bag - 2 TPE

Code:

c. I like that the player named Justin Time is named that because it is a funny pun, and his partner has an unpronouncable name by me, so because of those two things, I reckon they will have the most fun. I am not familiar enough with the other 2 goalies, but I do think the name Base Pack is good, even if it isn't as good as Justin Time for me
d. You might think that I will pull out scientifical and statistics-based arguments for why I should be part of the All-Star Game, but honestly, I don't have any of that and even if I did, I'm not knowledgeable enough to make a compelling argument for it, so the only reason I will give for my player deserving to be in the All-Star Game is that I would be such an amazing and supportive teammate that any team that has me in it will 100% guaranteed win just because of that.

[Image: RaidTheArcade.gif]

HO Pass

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2024, 12:02 AM by TannerPitts. Edited 1 time in total.)

S74 SMJHL Milestones (simulationhockey.com)

+ 3TPE

When it comes to which goalie pair will have the most fun in net this coming season their is only one answer that comes to mind. As an affiliate goaltender for the Atlanta Inferno, I am well aware that our goalies will have the best time without a doubt. Tanner Pitts is excited for the chance to join them soon!

(60 words) +1 TPE

TPE often shows correlation when it comes to players getting an all-star game nod. However it is important to note that it is not everything when it comes to their performance. The breakdown of stats and a coaches understanding of his players and how they will perform best is one of the most important aspects when it comes to performance. Having a player with a certain skill set can help set them apart compared to others in a way that TPE may not be able to. I believe that a players season performance is all that should be taken in to account when it comes to the all-star game. While TPE is proof of hard work and dedication to the Simulation Hockey League, there are other factors that affect the game. The players that provide the most to their team should be provided the nod to the all-star games. A good season from any player deserves to be showcased at the ASG, no matter their TPE.

(166 words) + 3 TPE

5. Written, 3 TPE, Last Men In (150 words min.)
Argue for one of your teammates (not yourself!) to be the last man in for your conference!

There is no world in my mind where Binko Koivu does not deserve a spot on the elusive All Star Game roster. Their performance thorough the S74 season is a testament to the fact. Binko performed phenomenally this season  producing 104 points. This was good enough to finish in the top 15 players for scoring and top for his position for the league. To not see his name next to his teammates Shoyo Hinata is an absolute disappointment for many fans and many of the organizations members. Binko Koivu has been a deserving name for both S73 and S74 but has not found his name on the list. Binko proved to be a true team hero producing seven game winning goals. I will continue to advocate for Binko to find his way into the all star game and expect a strong season again next year to prove themselves. Completing the S74 season at the top of his position merits an all star position in my book!

(166 words) +3TPE
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2024, 12:13 AM by Gordon Bombay. Edited 1 time in total.)

Milestones 3TPE
isfl pt 3TP

2a.I think it’s a advantage for the West to have a lot’s of player for the same team. They have tactics and they know eachother well. It will certainly helps them on the ice! It makes the all-star game a little bit worse. I would prefer to see equal representation for all the teams and a better competition.

2b. I think that the east will be a lot more interesting to watch. It’s fun to see player trying to figure out how to play with new partners. It makes it interesting for general menager too. They can try to scout talent to try to make their team better. I hope to witness the birth of a new superstar pairing that will dominate the league in the future.

8TPE

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest