Create Account

S75 PT0: Gebeneezer Boogie Due: Monday, February 12th @ 11:59 PST

When the offseason hits, a player gets a 2 week vacation. Do whatever you want, go drink, have fun, take the kids swimming, whatever. But after those 2 weeks, off season training starts. The 3 tricks for off season training are : Rest, Re-do, and Repeat. Start off at your comfortable level, only lift what you can without straining. Don't run for a speed record, run to keep those muscles loose. Do Yoga or other stretching exercises. Work the whole body to warm up and then focus on one part after, Legs, Back, Abs, Cardio, Arms. Do not combine after the warm up sets. Avoid all sweets, avoid all non essential fats, do not eat the cake. You want the cake, you can smell the cake, you cannot eat the cake. naughty cake. So after each day work out, it is important to rest. Use ice baths, use ice packs, use heat if it feels good. Drink plenty of water. Get those massages. After you do the 5 day circuit, repeat. Do not skip a day. HIt the ice everyday.

Do not eat the cake.

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

If you are trying to be the best hockey player you can be you need to train constantly. Never have an off switch. You should always should be working on getting better. Especially this is the life of a fringe player. Because you can have one off week have a set back and you are off the line you were on previously. And maybe there is a younger player who is working harder then you who could very easily take your spot on defence there is only six positions. So you have to fight to make sure you are on one of them and fight to stay there. In Niks case not being the most offensive talented means he works extra hard on defence and blocking shots to show that he is needed for the team. Yes vacation is needed to relax and unwind but even this time workout are mandatory and necessary.

[Image: smith2.png]

Option 2:

Maintaining a balance is important. Immediately after the season, it's important to take a couple of weeks where you do not work out as hard to let your body recover. You hang with friends, swim in the ocean or just lay on the beach Every subsequent week after, you start turning up the intensity. An extra day of practice, an extra work out session. Depending on what you need to work on in the off season, you split the time between gym and on-ice work out. A couple of sessions on ice is always helpful to keep up and work out some kinks in your game.

But as much work you can do during the off season, it is of highest importance you do not join the training camp already exhausted. Body should be relaxed but well tuned. Mind should be ready but not tired. And your motivation really really needs to be on top to ensure you have a good season.

[Image: K6ykz0o.png]
Theodor Larsson
TimberTimber
pridepride

Jesus Murphy believes that the offseason is all about hard work, and part of working hard is working smart and understanding the physical limitations of your body. As such, there needs to be time spent recharging both physically and mentally. Jesus loves to use this time to do some community work, frequently bringing his teammates with him to visit sick kids in the hospital before healing them. He also participates as an emergency volunteer doing things like handing out supplies after disasters like hurricanes or tornados, although he's banned from handling drinking water after what is described in hushed whispers as the Red Cross Wine Incident. When he finally does get time to train though, he's fully committed to achieving physical perfection. He knows that as a high pick of the Armada he carries a lot on his back, but it's the training you do in the offseason that gives you the confidence to know you're at your best.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Option 2

I think there is definitely a fine line between relaxation and staying in hockey shape for the season. I tend to take a couple weeks off for full relaxation right after the season is over. I'll go visit family or friends I hadn't seen as often as I would like through the season and go on trips or mini vacations around the world so I can see different things. After that then it's back to work a couple times a week. But I'll also still enjoy myself through that time. As the offseason goes I'll workout and practice more and more often until about a month before hand then it's full on get back in the habit of it mode. That way I do get to enjoy myself a little bit but I also can be completely ready for the season when it shows up and I'm not lagging behind on the ice because of my conditioning. I will only be lagging behind because of my skill.

167 words

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

A ghost is not something you see everyday. And when I see the flashing ghoul, I am immediately startled and unsure of what to do. At first, the figure is not clear to me. It is a short and wide, but wispy, bit of air that seems to be floating through my room. It isn’t until the apparition speaks that I realize that it is Coach Jones from mite hockey. Coach Jones drones and drones. On and on about how the hockey world has become muddled by players who don’t want to protect the puck and play in their own end. But instead, “its all about scoring goals”, he says. And while I agree with Coach Jones’ assessment, I’m not really willing to stick around long enough to hear what else he has to say. I don’t want to be visited by a balding sweaty old man in my bedroom, alone in my tiny Chicago apartment. So I think I’m gonna go sleep at the rink.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

I think the timing would be a little funny for me, considering that Bruno Tooyo had one of his best seasons he has had in a while. Not really in the Regular Season, but in the Playoffs where he led the league in the Goals in the Playoffs, the Points in the Playoffs and also won the cup in the playoffs.
It would probably be good to change the mentality of my player and not get to "in his own head" as they say. He still has a long season to go and with the way the Wolfpack started the season, it would be very important to understand that you cant take the regular season easy in the SHL. Not only are teams competitive, but the New England Wolfpack also do have a target on the back of their jerseys because of the type of team they are. No one likes a dynasty, everyone wants to take down last seasons champ. There is always that extra "oompf" when playing the team with the Banners in the arena

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

Willow is incredibly confused by the emergence of her old coach BJORKSNAS, as they were always on good terms, despite her refusal to fully adapt to his style of hockey. BJORKSNAS preached strong defensive hockey first, with all of your offense coming on the counter attack, while Willow very much plays a game where she will determine the offense on her own accord. Willow is someone who is incredible skeptical of things that aren’t super concrete in reality, so I don’t think at first she’d believe that the ghost of BJORKSNAS has returned and would brush it off as a sleep paralysis demon, but once the ghost mentions the great burrito explosion case of the U16 Sweden tournament, she’ll know he’s real. Knowing Willow she’d just yell at the ghost asking what the hell its doing in her room without her permission, BJORKSNAS will yell back she’s not blocking enough shots, and then Willow will score a game winning goal with 2 seconds left again and leave the ghost pissed off with her but happy they won.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

[Image: image0-17.jpg]

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60] [Image: kahri.gif][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60]

[Image: DyvZwhu.png]

[Image: cNHA4sa.png]

Code:
Option 2:

Written Task: What kind of lifestyle should a hockey player live in the offseason? How can you best strike a balance between recreation and relaxation, and training for the next season? Should you simply spent the first half in the Caribbean and the second half in the gym, or is there some other training regimen you follow? Feel free to tell me what your player happens to do, or to showcase your own expertise in real-world athletic training!

NO TIME FOR RESTING. If you're not spending every waking minute of the offseason training than can you really be considered one of the greats? Are you going to take a Tuesday off to go to a baseball game? Do you think any of the greatest player of all time ever take a day off? The answer is a resounding no. In all seriousness you have to take time for rest and vacation, but the offseason is really where you can hit the weights and push your body to the limit without having to worry about tiring yourself out for the next game. You can take time for rest, but if you don't improve week to week you're really wasting the freedom and opportunity that an extended break gives you. At the end of the day you only have control over what you can do personally, so my stance is always put the time in and you'll see the results pay off.

162 words

[Image: wizard_literal2.gif]
[Image: SZRCDpe.png]

OPTION 2

Offseason is about 80 % training and 20 % relaxation. To get the most out of that 20 %, Jaromir Jagrbomb typically travels back to Europe for the offseason so that he is closer to his home and family. Once the season ends, he likes to take a week or two of complete rest to reset his body and mind, and to prepare for the off-season training. That's why he packs up his stuff, and before going home, he has a nice beach vacation in some place warm. After that his weeks mostly consist of practice until Friday, and weekend is his off-time, when he spends time with friends and family and does all sorts of fun activities with them. But 5 days of every week are purely for training and recovering. He has hired three personal coaches, who all have their own specialties. One is a physical coach, one is a skill and tactics coach and one is a mental coach. This holistic approach makes his off-seasons very effective and so far it has worked well.

[Image: sulov.gif]
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2024, 02:04 PM by KlusteR.)

Code:
Option 2:

Written Task: What kind of lifestyle should a hockey player live in the offseason? How can you best strike a balance between recreation and relaxation, and training for the next season? Should you simply spent the first half in the Caribbean and the second half in the gym, or is there some other training regimen you follow? Feel free to tell me what your player happens to do, or to showcase your own expertise in real-world athletic training!

Levin's off-season usually starts with him taking a month off and going back home to northern Switzerland, to spend some time with his family and childhood friends, as well as take the time to go hiking in the Swiss Alps. Being able to eat some authentic Swiss food also helps recharge his batteries, before he has to go back to North America. Once he comes back, he usually tries to go through all the usual PR demands as quickly as possible, before returning to his usual gym schedule, and receiving his new meal plan from the team's dietitian. He resumes on-ice practice around the middle of August, just to get the feeling of skating ingrained back into him - but quite like riding a bicycle, you never truly forget how to skate, so it's more for the form than anything else. And just before training camp opens, at the tail end of August or start of September, he will start going into "endurance mode", in order to get back to his usual stamina in time for the first few preseason games.

(185 words)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

Hugh Manius like to think that he keeps with family tradition when it comes to his off-season workouts. He often listens to his grandfather Big Manius, yarn tails of training during the offseason in Norway. Those training rituals involved swimming through fjords and lakes. Although with several near marathon run through Norwegian villages across the country side. In addition to all the training advice Big told Hugh that it was also very important to have times on relaxation during the off season and encouraged Hugh to take some time socialize and have fun. So, with this in mind Hugh swims throughout the Mississippi River delta granted it probably not nearly as refreshing and the mountain Lakes of Norway, but it does the job. The running through the rural towns in the Mississippi Delta also had to be vastly different the Norway as well. Although the one great thing that New Orleans has the Norway Does not, Bourbon Street now there is a place for relaxation.

Words ~165

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

ISFL PT

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner