Create Account

S75 mPT #0: Happy Anniversary! Due: Monday, February 12th @ 11:59 PST

I can not believe it has been 75 seasons already. You do not look a day over 74. Here is to another 75 and a continued improvement in the site that we all love(?). Protect your hips, ya old bastard.

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

75 seasons is a long ass time. Good work to everyone who contributed to this achievement in any way, shape or form, whether you've worked a league job, or have been maintaining an active player; we could not have gotten here without all of you.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Happy 75th SHL! Thanks for welcoming me and to everyone who puts in the work to keep this place going. The 100th anniversary is gonna be super lit.

[Image: uZXUIMk.png]

Happy 75th anniversary SHL! I hope you'll have many seasons lefts in you, on road to 100! I remember when I first join in S21... good old times, see you in 25 seasons!

Grateful for 75 seasons despite only having been around for 8 now (already I suppose). Here's to more creative input from the league to help fix the challenges we're facing, and to another 75 years!

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders
[Image: YBIH.png]

Happy anniversary Simulated Hockey League
Happy anniversary dear Simulated Hockey League

Now according to a quick scan of the Wikipedia page for wedding anniversary the traditional gift for the 75th is diamonds or gold which are quite expensive in this day and age. Given that and the fact that this is a simulated league I feel like a simulated diamond is fine so I got a pile of cubic zirconium, and instead of real gold I got a bag of chocolate gold coins. Here is to 75 more seasons!

Code:
Word Count: 99

Happy anniversary to the SHL and its community for having such an amazing league for 75 seasons and on going! We wish another 75 and the best of times!

75 seasons is pretty damn crazy, impressive that the league has managed to last this long and modernize, because it easily could have just not lol
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2024, 12:09 PM by charlieconway.)

Quote:Your task: Wish our beloved SHL a happy anniversary for hitting the 75 seasons milestone!
25 words minimum!

My own career started five whole years ago. Never would have guessed that seeing a random glowing reddit post would have me posting on a fake hockey forum five years later but here I am, and here is the SHL. I'm glad to be a part of it and I'm glad there are so many people willing to give up their time and effort to make this league such a blast to take part in.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

75 seasons is a pretty awesome accomplishment to be totally honest. I think it goes under the radar how much work goes into a league like this.

[Image: 8FZ99SX.jpeg]

When I joined 9 years ago, I had no idea that this community would grow like it has... much less sticking around this long. We've truly created something special here, glad to be a part of it all.

Code:
Words: 25+

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

LARGEST PUNISHMENT IN SHL HISTORY

Great job Simulation Hockey League on hitting 75 seasons. Such a big deal and big community that made all this happen! Hopefully we see season 100 and then more!

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif][Image: cobb.png?ex=663d5bb2&is=663c0a32&hm=7637...ae0e53216&][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif]
Thank you @Ragnar  for the Sig!
Previously: Patrick Shepherd (S52 - S64)

Seventy-five seasons is a very long time especially considering how long each season lasts. Congratulations on making it this far! Hope to see the next one of these in twenty-five more seasons!

[Image: MittschiffsSHL.gif]

When I first joined in Season 19, the thought of the league lasting well past Season 50 seemed a bit outrageous. It's quite incredible that we've found ourselves here and I'm proud to help us work towards another 75.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

75 seasons is pretty impressive, but I think more impressive is not the duration the league has run for, but the amount of growth and technical improvements we have made since even just a few years ago. The team working on the site and adding new features have been absolutely amazing.