Create Account

S75 mPT #1: First Impressions Due: Monday, February 19th @ 11:59pm PST

I had a slow start because I didn't know many people, but all I remember is being drafted by Vancouver and loving the locker room. Everyone welcomed me in so much, it was fantastic!

35 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

I stumbled across the SHL on reddit a couple years back, and my inbox was flooded with DMs the next day. @mer was the first one to reach out and say hi, and I was blown away by the excitement and support from GMs and players around the site.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

It's quite hard to describe the first time I attempted to to join the SHL in S50, but I felt lonely and often overlooked by most teams.
(28 words)

[Image: euPeo5t.png]
[Image: 7361srC.png]

I was initially drafted to the Kelowna Knights. Kez , the gm at the time, was welcoming and friendly. Ohtaay was on the team and functioned as an early mentor in the day to day league activities. We won a Four Star Cup that first season and much fun was had

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

William Salming's first interactions were of course with guys and girls from Quebec City Citadelles. He chatted with GM Evok and called him Sir only to find out Evok is a female. So, Salming did not make a good first impression but quickly corrected the situation by saying it is cool to have a female GM.

[Image: salming.png]

First player was very interesting. A short career that spanned the entirety of a season that was mostly spent alongside Stamkosfan and the others back in Halifax. A lovely time that was cut short, and laid the groundwork for my return later on.

[Image: K6ykz0o.png]
Theodor Larsson
TimberTimber
pridepride

Generally my interactions were good. A lot of people in my draft class were super active and I made some good friends out of the people that were there. There was a guy named WikiPlaysGames on St. Louis though, that dude had some issues he spammed in the discord almost daily.

[Image: 5PYmCAe.png]
[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: vHNIXVO.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

The first time I created a player I did not know how to upgrade but my smjhl GM and the newcomer helper guy rlly helped me get a grip on this league and how to upgrade.

[Image: avatar_6228.png?dateline=1722181476]

My first player was in the legendary S46 class, which was very active so it was nice to chat with other users and get to know each other. Once I got drafted to Halifax it went well, despite the team's records. It was fun to see our draft class be so active leading up to the SHL draft and the following years.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

First impressions were quite good, getting to meet players in my class, in scouting, and through joining my J team. Outside of things being slightly daunting at first, it was extremely easy to get into.

The first person to welcome me in my player thread after signing up was @DrunkenTeddy who would then go on to draft me to my first SHL home in Hamilton. It's funny how that worked out

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

My first impression joining this league was I was sorry I waited so long. Everyone has always been so friendly and kind, I have yet to meet a jerk since joining five years ago. I feel like my teammates care and I've made friends here and I never wanna leave. SHL is amazing, if you see this and you're on the fence just jump in. You'll never regret it.

[Image: YQkXo45.png]

First impression was a good one. People were eager to help me understand things. Which was great since the forum was very confusing for me at first. It made me excited to keep going.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

SHL was the 3rd Sim league I joined so it was already nice to see some familiar faces from other leagues around. My first impression was new yet familiar at the same time. Made for an easy start.

Code:
38 Words

Did Ya Get It?

[Image: OwNf3O9.gif]

been very impressed and happy with the league ever since i joined - had low expectactions but being drafted by HAM really helps cause they are elite and fun to play with lets goooooo

“I thought I was a goalie, but STA told me forget being a goalie they make nothing, and no one cares about them.  Guess what I was a center all along and I had no idea. Now I am the toast of the town, and I am getting offers from all the GMs and Scouts.”

– Spidey Talent Agency, on Activity Check