Create Account

S75 mPT #1: First Impressions Due: Monday, February 19th @ 11:59pm PST

It was certainly an interesting experience coming into the SHL in a large reddit draft class. It was especially fun joining Detroit with somewhere around 7 or so new creates that joined with me. I'm happy to say a large majority of us are still around today and having a great time in the SHL!

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

My first interactions were with GMs right before draft day, and everyone that I spoke with was super friendly and helpful. They were all very enthusiastic about helping answer any questions or giving advice.

Oh man I barely remember my first player. I think the league seemed very different then, very stand off ish and very rude towards users from leagues like the PBE.

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

It was such a long time ago. I know it took me a few to really get the hang of things. As soon as I joined the St Louis locker room everything changed. It was such an awesome time with some really cool people.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

As a first generation last year my first ever chat with someone was with Frenchie, it started in the S72 rookie server where he and TDZ were extremely helpful in getting set up with my first and so far only player. However, not much later I got a DM, it was Frenchie’s opening scouting message. After confirming I was available to chat, he started off with a quick check-in to make sure I was doing well, seemingly still in Rookie Mentor mode as he scouted out the new talent. As the convo went on it was as if we had been friends for ages. That first conversation with Frenchie was what lit a fire in me to become the member of the community that I am today and I don’t think I would be where I am now without it.

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile

I was part of a reddit draft class. Honestly can’t recall who’s post it was that brought me here, but I was immediately turned off at the thought of strictly using the forum for updates, and started to put together a tool for myself that would create the post content. I shared the concept in the rookie discord, and was then pulled into the dev discord. And that’s how I started to make the portal.

[Image: downer.gif]

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]

Honestly my first impressions were good. I regret that I chose to spend all my time in the ISFL off the bat rather than continuing to engage here and grow some friendships. Happy to get to hang around these parts more, now

my first impression of the league was mostly excitement. we had @JumpierPegasus and @Hallsy coming from an HFBoards GM League and ready to come in and kick some ass. Some old members also who are since gone like JayTee and Dion. All in all, bless -lil b

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

My first introduction to the league was when I accidently searched up hockey simulation. The first few days were daunting especially because of all the forums and tasks you had to do. The first team that drafted my player was Kelowna, my teammates and gms were a pleasure to be with. Overall a bad introduction TPE wise but a great community.

[Image: hbtB38x.png]
                                                  Canada Knights Monarchs Thank you Enigmatic for the sig!  Monarchs Knights Canada
                                                                      [Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Monarchs Knights [Image: YADp0uU.png] 

I joined this league shortly after joining PBE, and have regrettably become ten thousand times more active here than I have there (sorry PBE teammates...). I actually posted all my PBE stuff, found this place, and then went to the hospital that night. Most lame! Since that sucked, I've been so happy that the rest of my experience here has been so great. I'm extremely lucky that I got drafted by the two teams (in the J draft and the SHL draft) that I think I clicked with the most in my interviews. I want to specially shout out Reno and Kahri for drafting me and making this place so special. Can't believe Reno is leaving us in Regina. You sickos at HO taking my bestie from me.

Elk  Rage
[Image: cLeHjn1.png]
Sig by sulovilen!
[Image: 6eVg1pG.png]
[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

I was very surprised at how friendly and how much enthusiasm everyone seemed to have for their teams and the rookie draft. @Durden and @Hoovuh were among the first I talked to and their attitudes went a long way in getting me hooked from the start.

I had joined off a Facebook post ad knowing nothing about simulation sports leagues and the community has been fantastic ever since. Several people in the Knkghts discord are my friends now, to the point I regularly check and post in the Kelowna discord despite having graduated to the SHL.

[Image: 8FnCVh9.jpg.]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

[Image: UmZVJaz.png]
[Image: 6gdbFeP.png][Image: auXbs4O.png]
[Image: 1oMA17u.png]

Honestly, the most memorable moment of being in the rookie room was posting the KFB meme of "I'm just here so I don't get fined" after watching nearly every active player get drafted before me. It kinda sucked.

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]

I have enjoyed my very minimal time in the SHL. My first real interactions were with my GM in the SMJHL and he has been nothing but very nice and wonderful to me as a person, which makes me enjoy the league that much more.

I don't really remember a ton about my first player because I created during the peak of COVID while I was working 3 jobs and rehabbing a torn meniscus, but everyone I talked to when I seriously created for the first time with Petrov was incredibly nice and very lovely.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]