Create Account

S75 PT#2: Bobby Oh-Boy Due: Monday, February 26th @ 11:59pm PST

One of Squidwardo's favourite days of the week is leg day. However, it has been shown that working on a muscle group twice a week is the optimal way to stimulate growth. So with the help of Yukon's head athletic trainer, Squidwardo has added in 2 leg days throughout the week, with a 2 day rest period in between each workout. Hockey counts as a rest day in this routine, so it can fatigue him on the days where he is not doing legs. On the first leg day, he starts with low bar back squats with a few warm-up sets into a rep range of 12-15 for 3 working sets to improve muscular endurance. After squats his next exercise is lying leg curls, working the calves and hamstrings. He moves onto the hip abductor and adductor machines and hammers out 3 sets of each to improve hip flexibility, which greatly helps skating and pivots. Finally finishing up with light weight sets of Bulgarian split squats.  His next Leg day in the week consists of Deadlifts, Leg Press, leg extension, calf extensions, and finished off with some core work.

[Image: TheOPSquid.gif]
[Image: v2ZHYxx.png]

Ubba Lodbrok, center for the Anchorage Armada, of the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League, prospect for the Philly Forge of the Simulation Hockey League, pulled out one of the best all time practice shots. Coaches are impressed by your ability to skate and deke your way through the defense. But, for Ubba, it came almost too easily. You see, the dream he had with Bobby Orr last week did something to him. It was almost like he did a bunch of shrooms that night and had the opposite of what happened to Scrooge McDuck all those years ago. Since then, upon advice from some friends on the internet, Ubba has been microdosing to help him regain that feeling. Now, his coaches are watching him reach his full potential out on the ice. All the while, Ubba feels weightless and free of worry while skating. He's able to see the play forming 30 seconds before the next shift takes the ice. He's astounded at his reach, his toe drags and his shot.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

At practice, I geared up in skater gear as a joke to mess with my tandem partner Jim Wen, and see if I could score on him. I used to play forward when I was little and I still retained some of the basics of what to do. When I skated from center ice, shoot out style in an effort to score on him, my body magically made me do a sweet spinorama backhand top shelf on him. The whole team went crazy as I scored and I just stood there shocked at what I managed to do. That's the point where I considered becoming a skater. If I can rip it top cheddar that easily maybe I could become the next Magic Man and dazzle the crowd with my sick dekes. Then I remembered I'm insane and I like getting hit with pucks at 100+ mph, so I went to the locker room, put on my pads, and got back in the cage where I felt at home.

[Image: Mendhall.png] [Image: i0ZCRTJ.png]

Malamutes syndicate Usa   Malamutes syndicate  Usa

*Thank you Nokazoa and Squid for the sigs!
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2024, 12:46 PM by Ricer13. Edited 1 time in total.)

[Image: IMG_9774.png?ex=65e74bf5&is=65d4d6f5&hm=...9957270a6&]
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2024, 02:26 PM by ibuprofenaddict. Edited 1 time in total.)

Option 2: 

Hi everyone! I am thrilled to be responding to today’s fan mail on DetFalcons.com. Today’s question, posted here on our website, from Juan in Quebec, asked me to elaborate on some of the leg work we do to train you skating strength and fitness level. Well Juan, this is a great question and there’s a lot that goes into it – in fact I’m still learning myself, having made great improvements to my own skating over this past summer. For me, it’s not just about the gym and ripping out squats, or about skating blue lines or board sprints. At least, not exclusively. Personally, I’ve seen the most growth since incorporating a lot of dry land training, specifically plyometrics. Different types of lunges, jump squats, other work with weighted vests and specialty moves that incorporate some core work, like medicine ball squats with trunk twists are some of the basic moves that I think have led to some of my recent gains. Obviously, some of the moves are a bit tricky and get more elaborate as you build on those basics and require a certain amount of foundational strength especially in the core to pull off – so I won’t go into too much further detail, but I think you get the idea. The key with all these movements is to try to be explosive and not casual, this helps get my fast twitch muscles engaged in the workout the way I want them engaged in my stride. Anyway, thanks again for your question and I’ll be back in a couple weeks to answer another one! And if this is the same Juan I already know in Quebec, good luck with the rest of your season!

\
[Image: v09bRKvt_o.jpg]

My player is training twenty four hours a day, three hundred and sixty five days a year. There are no days off for Mr. Johnny FourStar, no siree Bob. He is working out all the time. In the morning he does squats. Every day is leg day. Then he lifts for another two hours. What does he do after that? He hits the rink. Bag skate. Shooting drills. The works. Johnny FourStar does more work before most people wake up than most people do in a month! He is so dedicated to the sport of simulated hockey. To be big he has to eat big. So Johnny FourStar eats a dozen eggs. All raw, cause who has time to cook them. After that, he works on his mental game. Skating is all mental. He trains meditation with a yogi who lives in Tibet and face times him every day. Good morning mountains! Guess who is ready to train legs today? That's rifht, Johnny FourStar is!

(166)

Option 1

Last practice was a little interesting, yes that might be the right word. After the last few days I haven't quite been myself. Not after the visit of that guy. So yes, why shouldn't I skate over to the other net and score a random surprise goal during practice? It was meant as a joke, but it worked - and to be honest, it felt great. My goalie coach clearly wasn't happy with that, because that's not what you do. It went against pretty much everything they teach us. My teammates probably just thought: goalies are weird. They think that anyway. It's not even like we don't have good scorers on the team or that I don't like my job. I do like my job and my performance - especially as a backup - has been really, really good this season. It's just one of those days where you watch your own body do odd things from an outside perspective and have no idea what happened or why you did that. To be honest, I'd like things to go back to normal and forget about that weird ghost visit. Even if it wasn't a dream.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Option 2

Probably the best training regiment that has had immense success with Georg N'Zola as well as some other skaters among the Los Angeles Panthers squad, like Adam Prpich and Nathan Meagher is to do as many reps as possible and as heavy as possible until near failure, then go past failure and do an isometric hold where the muscle is most stretched out, finish the repetition while squeezing as much as possible, almost holding onto your dear life while doing so to finish the set. Another favorite among players is to do long concentric and eccentric movement like squats. Say 3 seconds concentric and 3 seconds eccentric, 3 seconds between repetitions. Those two drills have been in key position to grow legs among the whole Panthers squad. Some bum named Jimmy Wagner loved to do bulgarian split squats until failure, then drop the weight entirely and do as many repetitions as possible until complete failure. He was also an avid fan of doing box squats. That is probably why he is not seen in the squad anymore...

177 words

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

Pt pass

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Option 2:

Written Task: How does your player train skating? Leg workouts? Bag skates for days? Some combination of the above? As before, your player does not need to be correct. Feel free to write absolute madness, flex your knowledge of real-world athletic training, or anywhere in between.

Alexandros recognizes the importance of leg workouts to be able to skate properly and effectively while preventing injury. For this reason, Alexandros frequents the gym for the basic workout routines to match his typical upper body workouts but he does not stop there. Ever since being reborn here after his death and redeath in Azeroth the game of hockey has fascinated him and he has gone out and skated out on the ice at nearly every opportunity he can get to hone his skating ability. Growing up in the Canadian winters skateable ice was prevalent and easy to access but so was snow and icicles so he would frequently fill bags with snow and ice to use as weights to help increase leg strength and feel strain whilst skating to prepare himself. As one might expect this received some yells from my mother for wasting bags and the like but to reach for the highest stage of hockey in the SHL sacrifices must be made, sorry mother.

-167 words

The ghost of Bobby Orr has seemingly done something great for Manhattan Center Austin Morley. His coaches and teammates have seen it through the last few games, but it was really brought to light in practice when he so effortlessly scored. His offensive skillset has seemed to start to shine brightly, whereas before he had taken pride as being a solid two way, neigh, defensive leaning center. This resurgence of puck prowess has definitely led Morley to reconsidering his training regimen and his overall player philosophy. Should he take a more offensive approach? If he did, he could become the next Ivan Lacksamus. But, does that go against everything hes fought to become? Only time will tell. In the mean time, Morley will continue to do what is asked of him to put his team in the best position to win. Manhattan might not be there today, but tomorrow is looking brighter and brighter. (154 words)

[Image: Morleyhockey.gif]

To train the legs, one must first train the mind. Will Tomlander does leg training by pulling a freight train (granted, it's a scale model that lives in the mall next door to his apartment) a few miles every day in order to build up his leg muscles to be as strong a a freight train. Then after that, he will go and climb the local mountain (granted it's also a very small mountain as Detroit isn't as mountainous as say, Colorado) in order to build endurance in said leg muscles. Lastly but not least, he then does skip rope to the Eye of the Tiger as a reference to the Rocky films in order to instill the fighting spirit in him that Rocky Balboa had. Granted, you can't really punch your opponent in hockey but it's the thought that counts, you know? That is how Will Tomlander trains. Although it doesn't seem to be effective as he sucks.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: v2ZHYxx.png]

Option 2:

Leg day really is every day with Petr. Every waking second possible is spent at the rink and on the ice. We eat only when necessary. We sleep only when necessary. When the ice gets chewed up, we get a flood only when necessary. And when our body breaks down from the constant effort, we get the appropriate medical repairs only when necessary. Every other second is spent pushing to our limit and beyond, making us the best to ever have played. Such effort is what Petr Svoboda was made for: who knows by what margin victory will be achieved. Perhaps it will just be that spare second spent skating harder than anyone else that will make the difference in the eventual gold medal winning game. Regardless, Petr aims to ensure it is not left to chance and that his objective and directive be achieved for the glorious nation of Czechia.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

zedward moving up to right wing and scoring a michigan
[Image: gUhTfzU.png]