Create Account

S75 PT#2: Bobby Oh-Boy Due: Monday, February 26th @ 11:59pm PST

PT PASS

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

How do I train skating? It's leg day every day baby. Pinli is five foot nothing so if I'm going to be on SHL ice I need to have legs like tree trunks. If you're gonna be small you can't be easy to catch or to push off the puck so he's gonna be neither! Yes he has a low center of gravity advantage but he needs to have way more of an edge than just that because he weighs like, seventy five pounds. So those big thick beautiful legs keep him rooted to the ice and moving quickly. If you somehow manage to keep up with Pinli then you're going to have one heck of a time pushing over someone built like a pyramid. His base is wide as hell with an itty bitty top-- you can push and shove all day but he's not going anywhere. Non stop squats and ankle weights in practice are the two key things that make Pinli the way he is, and those ain't changin' any time soon.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=66ef0174&is=66edaff4&hm=69...e3ef77306&]

Leg Day ties in with Cardio day. Troy starts the morning with eggs, 6 of them. The Eggs are fried up with green veggies and consumed fast and hot. Troy adds tons of hot things, hot sauce, hot pepper flakes, hot anything. hot dogs even! it is important for later on, when you are feeling like jello and have to poop at the gym. Anyway, no one runs on a full stomach, so Troy hits the hot-tub for 20 minutes to warm up. From there it is line stretches (Walking slowly from one side of the gym to the other, tip toes, long steps, twist steps.) once warmed up, there are 3 choices. Running, stairs, or biking. All three are going to get done, it is just a matter of how much of each you want to do. Every machine is for one mile, time doesn't matter. After the mile climb, you are ready for another shower, BUT BEFORE THAT SHOWER it is time to do squats and leg presses.

the workout ends with a protein shake and a huge poop at planet fitness...

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

For the most part, Ju-gong is a pretty mediocre skater who can get around the ice, but unable to do many usual movements or feats of athletics. Only a few years back, the young Korean had never even been on ice, and played goalie originally for lack of being able to move on the ice with any level of success. His first team compared him to a statue at first, only making the smallest of movements in goal to play the position. Since then, Ju-gong has taken the ice enough to become an okay skater, but still nothing too impressive. He participates in skating drills when requested in practice, but otherwise spends no time or effort to improving that part of his game. Given how new he is to being on the ice, even just skating down the ice backwards successfully in front of others brings some level of boyhood joy to his smile. It’s safe to say that overall, Ju-gong is happy to skip leg workouts when allowed to work on hand-eye and other drills.
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2024, 05:29 AM by dankoa.)

Option 1

It's rare in life that this kind of supernatural intervention occurs, and if Emil has suddenly gained the abilities of a historically great hockey player such as Bobby Orr, then he must do everything he can to take advantage of it and gain the optimal use from it. This may potentially involve changing his position to play as a defenseman, or settling for simply completely altering his playstyle in order to make the most of his newly obtained abilities. Emil's teammates are obviously used to a standard of excellence as players of the Detroit Falcons, but the huge increase in ability demonstrated by Emil would certainly leave them a little shocked, but it should give the team something to rally around going forward as their captain has suddenly become so much better at what he does on the ice. All I can do is thank the ghost of Bobby Orr for visiting me and imparting so much wisdom that Emil has become an unstoppable force out there on the ice. I am excited for the visit from the ghost of hockey present, however I would caveat this by saying that I feel it would be useful to understand how the logistics around the second visit might work; will his abilities be added onto those already obtained or replace the skills that Bobby Orr gave? If this point was settled I'd be able to give a more definitive answer, but it should at least be good character development.

Code:
247 words

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

[Image: zUaJtxu.png]

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

PT pass

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Written Task: Your supernatural encounter with Bobby Orr last week leaves you somewhat shaken. However, the next day at practice, you skate forward, baffle your defense, and roof one right past your goalie like old Bobby himself. Yes, if you're a goalie, you still did this as a joke that went much, much better than you planned.

Do you suddenly consider switching positions or playstyle? Does your coach consider switching you? Are you confused as to how you pulled that off, do you laugh it off and move on, or what? How do your teammates respond?

And are you looking forward to your next visit, the Ghost of Hockey Present?

Wow, that was an unreal experience the legendary Bobby Orr just perched in my study mocking my performance. My only regret is truly that he would leave already. It has been a week and he is still up there squawking and rambling incoherently. He has made me become more reflective though and while I am not going to be sniping any corner from my crease or doing any dirty dangles from below the line I think I have taken a look at my own play. This season I am committing to more video sessions with the coaches so we can break down my play and trying and become a better goalie. More reflexive, more agile, more engaged with the play. I have already made some progress but there is always more to iron out. I must say I am looking forward to the next hockey legend who graces my study however it is my fondest desire that they do leave once they have communicated their message.

(166 words)

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

Graj trains his skating skills through several different ways. Firstly, he fake skates on his socks in his kitchen every single day. That is the only place in the house that does not have carpet, and he keeps it extra slick so that he can always remember to watch his footing and stay on his feet no matter what. Secondly, he uses those half medicine ball looking things and jumps back and forth between them on one foot. Third, he uses roller skates on a treadmill and goes as fast as humanly possible before allowing the treadmill to push him off backwards into a ball pit. And lastly, he ensures that every single time that he puts his skates on, they are as sharp as he can possibly make them. The duller the skates the easier it is for opponents to catch him when he's trying to skate away and get separation, so he refuses to have dull skates under any circumstances.

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

Code:
Option 2:

Written Task: How does your player train skating? Leg workouts? Bag skates for days? Some combination of the above? As before, your player does not need to be correct. Feel free to write absolute madness, flex your knowledge of real-world athletic training, or anywhere in between.

I was taught at a young age that skating is the most important skill to learn to really excel in hockey. That message has not been lost on me all these years later. As the great Herb Brooks said, “the legs feed the wold.” The best way to get this done is by bag skating. Build up the endurance. If you don’t have any endurance, your form will be the first thing to go and you will severely be hampered when you try to push it. Once your endurance is built up enough that you aren’t completely gassed at the end of each shift, that’s when you work on your form and your body control. The smoothest skaters are not flailing all over the place. That is a waste of energy and will ultimately slow you down. It is all about smooth strides and even pushes in order for you to fully gain an advantage on the ice.

158 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4

[Image: efischermann.gif]

Option 2

There are a couple very simple basics that I have used to improve my leg strength, skating speed and overall form over the years as a hockey player. The first one is simple, watch hockey footage over and over again of the good skaters, bad skaters and everyone in between and try to find out what is the optimal stride. Collecting the data manually by hand and then entering it into a spreadsheet and analyzing the data for days at a time is probably the best way to improve one's athletic ability, so that should be step one. Afterwards, you're gonna want to make sure your legs are strong enough, so the best leg workout I've found is going door to door in the hotel as the away team and just start kicking down doors. Teammates doors, strangers, empty ones, doesn't really matter as long as you kick it down. If you're having trouble there, then you've gotta go back to step one and analyze door kicking form in the same way as skating stride. Anyway, third thing you should do is skate around a lot, I guess.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Option 2:

After a bunch of weird workouts to various parts of his body, Ace Lightning is ready to show you how he trains his skating. First, he gets on a plane and heads to Bali, Indonesia. He checks in to an exclusive hostel in the high mountains, where he will not be bothered by those looking for an autograph or tips on how to improve your skating. The high air will also help with lung capacity somehow. When in Bali, I will run up stairs very fast in the thin air, which will increase my leg stamina. Then I will call my guy and rent out the only ice in Bali, and after running up the stairs, I will immediately be helicoptered to the ice and skate around it 400 times. Not 399 or 401, but 400 exactly. Then, I will be helicoptered back to my hostel where I will relax by the pool and drink fruity drinks, which will build up my tolerance for fun. That helps my skating every season.

isfl affiliate

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: zFnlslP.png]

Option 2:
Langston Hardison-Laurent does not simply skip leg day: Turkey Leg Day that is. But when is comes to skating training, he likes to start with some squats and then transition into side to side lunges. After a few more weights and some interval training on a wind bike and treadmill, he breaks for a bit. Then Langston moves onto edge work on the ice, practicing going up and down the ice on one foot and then alternating. After that he does a few miracle drills and then some sprints. Then we move onto doing some circles on the ice, focusing on transitioning from forwards to backwards and then doing some backwards skating. After that, Langston will return to the gym to do a few more weights and then cooldown with a light jog and some yoga. At this point, his legs are usually jelly so he carefully gets home, puts his feet up and eats a whole mess of protein. And you guessed it, it includes a turkey leg.

WC:169

[Image: F84OPdM.jpeg]
Shoutout TheOPSquid for the Sig