Create Account

S75 PT#2: Bobby Oh-Boy Due: Monday, February 26th @ 11:59pm PST

PT Pass

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile

pt pass

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Written Task / Option 2

Part of my answer here is the traditional way of training skating; leg workouts in the gym, sprints on the ice, etc. but I have actually found one off-season route that has helped a ton. For me, my leg strength stays strong in the off season when I go golfing just about every single day, and decide to walk the course. Walking the course allows for me to stay active and moving, but you would be surprised by just how much it actually strengthens all leg muscles. For years, I have credited by strong skating skills to my work on the ice, but really it is that extra effort off the ice and on the golf course that has really made me the skater I am today. When I am not walking the course, you can find me doing some power skating drills on an open rink to improve my speed but also my agility and burst on the ice.

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

Leg workouts are an absolute must for Andrade La Sombra. If he wants to be one of the fastest to ever take the ice, you'd best believe he's going to be training those legs as much as he can. Leg workouts, straining the muscles as much as possible so that the cycles on the ice that follow feel like relaxation. Of course, being a part of a wrestling family means cardio and endurance is something they focused on quite a bit, and La Sombra has taken that to heart, pushing his endurance to the absolute max by running as much as he can in the Raptors gym. It's rare to see La Sombra not on one of the cardio machines during team workouts. That being said, Andrade La Sombra does know when to take breaks... but he doesn't always follow his own rules. Sometimes, there will be hours upon hours of the sound of the cardio machine going back and forth, echoing through an empty gym. But if Andrade La Sombra wants to get back to his winning ways, these are the steps he feels he has to take.

[Image: 9kneOLq.png]

Code:
Option 2: Written Task: How does your player train skating? Leg workouts? Bag skates for days? Some combination of the above? As before, your player does not need to be correct. Feel free to write absolute madness, flex your knowledge of real-world athletic training, or anywhere in between.

Oskar Scholz' life is a gym. There are no off days or rest days. When it's time to workout he trains legs with the utmost importance. He starts with 3 sets of lunges, then 3 sets of squats, then 3 sets of deadlifts and finally 3 sets of leg press. With the warmup complete he dives right in to the real workout and attacks his quads, thighs and calves with an insane level of performance. Some people in the gym refer to him as quadzilla or thighsideon as he walks by on his way to the water fountain. He finishes each workout with a triple scoop of whey isolate. His favorite flavor is cookies and cream, but lately he's been on a side salted caramel kick. Some may say he goes a bit too hard in the gym and should leave something in the tank for game time, but for Oskar it's just a regular weekday.

[Image: IAP8v68.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Written Task: How does your player train skating? Leg workouts? Bag skates for days? Some combination of the above? As before, your player does not need to be correct. Feel free to write absolute madness, flex your knowledge of real-world athletic training, or anywhere in between.

Skating is a natural thing for Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean. I would lie if I said he still trains it a lot compared to all the other things he is training for, but of course as a "professional" hockey player skate training is part of the process and the daily regime. Ever since he was a little kid JJ Frankie JJ did morning skates. While it's easy to do it in winter, just get to the next pond, in summer it has always been a bit harder and he heavily employed roller skates. This has not changed even though the distribution between other training forms and skating itself because different. These days he still starts his day with a quick skate. In summer he just gets to a skate park and uses tricks to work on his finesse. Skating the halfpipe may not be something that actually happens in the rink in a game, but it still helps his general prowess.

160 words

[Image: gREvMiW.png] [Image: H3aFgmg.png]
Canada Timber  Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean || S74  Timber Canada
Austria Barracuda Kraken  Finn von Murphenstein || S57 - S72  Kraken Barracuda Austria 

Option 2:
While skating is (maybe I'm not actually sure) not quite as important for goalies as it is for the rest of the team, Sir Devoir has a strict way of training his legs for skating: first things first, he goes for various leg workouts including squats, leg presses, leg extensions, and leg curls. He then puts weights on his legs and goes skating. That way, when he is actually on the ice his speed can be as fast as it can be. Also, even in his new human form he is still friends with all the Pokemon in the forest, so often fighting type Pokemon will spot him as he trains.

Another thing he does is get into kickboxing, and uses kicks on a punching bag while wearing protectors to keep his legs moving. Beyond all of that, jogging and distance running during the offseason helps keep him feeling loose and not getting into the habit of not taking things as seriously as he should. Maybe when he gets older he'll start slowing down, but for now training is a big thing that he will continue to be strict with.

Code:
191 words

[Image: Darby-Reznor-black-and-white-sig.jpg]
[Image: Darby-Reznor-MET-sig.jpg]

IFSL Affiliate +

Quote:
Citadelles

Sad Ketchup isa a better good skater, but it has not always been that way for the young forward of the Newfoundland Berserkers in the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League. It took a lot of work both on the ice and off the ice for Sad Ketchup to become the strong skater he is today. First it starts off the ice with working on dry-land trying, working the agility, calves and leg muscles. This includes doing squats, leg machines and many things. On the ice it involves power skating training coaches. Power skating is one of the first things many young skaters get involved in when they want to improve at the game and hockey and skating, this continues even in the semi-pro and professional games. Other things include working on cross overs, agility drills using cones, start and stops, and doing your average skating drills. It takes a lot of time and effort to become a strong skater.

160 words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM
Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Sad Ketchup -Present
S76 Ryan Jesster Trophy Winner

It was good to see Bobby again. It is so nice for Hugh to discus his game with Mr. Orr. Granted he was a little spooky this time but hey that’s Bobby for you. Talking to Bobby reminds him to why he likes be a shoot first defenseman and what is a better way to show that then roofing one past a goalie. This merely reenforced Hugh’s love for being an offensive defenseman and confirmed his love for the position. The rest of the team certainly had fun watch Hugh top shelf it, as they proceeded to give Hugh a hard time about shouting things such as, “Where was that during the Edmonton game?”, “Why does that never happen during a game.” and “Where did that come from.” Hugh wonders if he will have the luck to run into the great Doug Harvey in his dreams the Montreal Canadiens legend would be great to talk to sometime.

Words~157

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Skating was not natural for Ekaterina. She used to be a weightlifting Olympic champion, strong enough to be put in front of the net and not move for the rest of her shift. She was a one-dimensional player, known to be not mobile at all. In Kelowna, every day was leg day, except Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays—well, if you count chicken thighs as technically legs.

In Kelowna, she learned to practice how to push with skates the same way she used that strength as a weightlifter. Jacques Hammer coached her on this, as the coaches in the SMJHL wanted her to transition from a winger screener known to disturb the other goalie to a more defence-oriented center. She is big but now knows how to skate. In retrospect, drafting her when she could barely skate backward was a big gamble for Baltimore. Hamilton saw how to push Ekaterina even further by helping her to read the game, not to skate everywhere, and how to accelerate much faster. Being more efficient helped her transition to the player she is today.

WC: 182.

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon
Co-GM - Maine Timber

[Image: ekaterina-valieva-spotlight.png]
Thanks @xjoverax for the sig!

Hoang tends to play on his edges more often than he used to, his speed becoming more of a factor as he tries to ensure he can keep up with his legs. Therefore, endurance training is very important for Hoang and the commitment to his game. Though already one of the hardest-working, most durable players in the game today, he still feels his body still has more to give, and that making sure he gets the most out of his growing frame will be critical to how he ages in the future. Many players don't prepare well for tough games, situations where you can find yourself up and down the rink. Especially in the playoffs, this can be draining, and the team that has the best endurance is usually the team that comes out on top. Hard work is required, even if your thighs can't stand it.

[Image: TRVzgUB.png][Image: dEdEwDx.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

UsaUsaMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

Look, Bobby Orr. I don't know who you are, what you want, or what you've done to me, but this is not okay. I'm a two-way forward, not some kind of fancy-schmancy, delicate scoring petal whose self-worth is predicated only on the 'G' column. There's more than one side to the ice as much as we hate to admit it. I might have scored that goal during practice, but I'm not about to make that a key part of my game because it's super unreliable (for me). I think we're going to keep our playing style more or less the same on the ice and keep it boring so *other* players can feel empowered to do the riskier, double-edged-sword type of plays that I just showed.

...and in the meantime, I'm just going to hold on to the potential of doing that for the playoffs in a critical game. I mean, can you imagine even *scouts* having never seen you do something like that before and suddenly pulling it out in a critical Conference Finals? Let's do it.

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

OPTION 2

Jaromir Jagrbomb has been focusing very much on skating in the last few seasons, which is why he hired a full team, that consists of both physical and techinical experts in skating. Because of that, he actually got into an experimental training program, that utilizes state-of-the-art health technologies and neural processing. The gist of the technique is that he is actually training all muscles related to skating even when he's resting - or even asleep. He has his body covered in adhesive electrodes, equipped with an AI chip, that send pulses to his muscles all the time. This simulates similar stress that actual skating produces. So basically he becomes a stronger skater all the time. The AI element is that he also takes a skating test every day, and the real-life results are fed into the AI chep to give feedback on how effective the training has been. This way the pulses can be optimized daily, ensuring that this method won't have any negative impact.

[Image: sulov.gif]

Leg Day workout routine for Vancouver Whalers goaltender, Masked Stanger:

1. Leg Curls: Stanger always starts with curls of any kind since curls are for the girls. Stanger has a long distance girlfriend who goes to another school and you wouldn’t know her, who loves how juicy his leg biceps get. Stanger makes sure to add 2.5lbs weights to his curls every rep until failure.

2. Bulgarian Split Squats: Ever heard of a leg workout that makes you want to kill yourself? Stanger hits these on the daily because of the constant disappointment he is facing in Vancouver. His poor record and stats make him want to tie the noose, but instead he drops into another set and regrets his life decisions.

3. Calf Raises: To slide around the crease Stanger believes that true sliding strength comes from the big balls behind his shins. Stanger has been seen doing 1000+ lbs on the calf raise. This is always his finisher and he never completes a full set, he just ego lifts.