Create Account

S75 PT#2: Bobby Oh-Boy Due: Monday, February 26th @ 11:59pm PST

Option 1.

I'm hella confused. I don't really do much of the shooting on offense. My passes have been a lot better this season, but turning that to dangles and a snipe is definitely some out of body experience. I won't lie, the thought did cross my mind to potentially try being a winger, but when I tried to do the same thing again I failed hard. On further investigation, maybe this would not be the best decision. Afterall, Bobby was a defenseman, and being the greatest player in the world and sound defensively he showed that D can pull that off too.
I guess it's important to be true to yourself, and not try to change what you can bring to make the team happy, but that doesn't mean you can't try or improve. My offense could use work, especially my footwork, so that is where my focus is going to be.

157 Words

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

Option 1

With this new-found offensive talent Pork Tenderloin immediately starts to consider the possibility of him being the next great offensive defenseman. The thoughts racing through his head are absolutely intoxicating. Imagining how many points he can rack up game in and game out. The look on the face of opposing defenders when he skates up the ice and dangles past them to pot on in the back of the net. Later that day, he steps into the head coach's office and strikes up a conversation about this matter. They go back and forth, discussing how this new playstyle could affect the team and how the dynamic of our D-core was predicated on his abilities as a defensive defenseman. However, given that his offensive talents are starting to shine, the coach gives him a 5 game buffer to showcase his talents. Only time will tell how Tenderloin will be able to impress the hockey world with his skills.

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Prompt 2

A good leg day is something Roger Murdock is quite familiar with. Really, it all comes down to repetition and explosiveness. Let's get something straight here, it's all in the quads and glutes. That's where your skating power comes from, so a good workout is all about mixing explosiveness and endurance. So to start, we hopping on squats. Get that compound out of the way early. Hit it for reps and just get crazy on it. Then shift over to leg press--again, you wanna kill your quads here buddy. Not for reps tho, you're here for the explosive side of the equation with shoving weight with your legs. Then you get into the side of legs I call maintenance legs, calf raises, adductors, and abductors. A little something something to give yourself a break from the heavy weight before you get right back into it.

Hip thrusts, baby. That's where you're getting killer hockey man glutes. So after maintenance, hit yourself up with some hip thrusts. To end off legs, hit some bulgarian split squats. Not for heavy weights--you've already chopped up some big squats before--but for a solid mix of reps as you're just here to work on ankle stability while gassed. After all that, you can work in some shoulders or anothe rupper body mix if you're so inclined, and follow it up with a rip on a stair climbing machine. You see, the key to a good skating/hockey leg day isn't just the part where your legs get massive and yolked, it's also that part where you're training to be dead tired and stuck on the ice. All about endurance baby.

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: crunksig2.png]

There is no way in hell that Willow would ever consider switching to a forward, she likes play defense too much. After all, the forwards all they do is skate straight and lazily hang out at the points instead of trying to get back and help out with the play. Now granted she also tends to play a forward styled game, with quick skating and quick dekes to try and be an elite playmaker, but she can do that from the start of her own zone before getting pressured. If she was playing forward she’d have to dump and chase and try and split through several big physical defenders which isn’t easy when you’re only 5’7” and you’re trying to deke through guys that are 6’8” and nearly 300 pounds of pure muscle. The only position she’d consider trying to play at some point would be a goalie but unfortunately Willow’s short stature will prevent her from being successful there.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]
[Image: IyckvZg.png]

When it comes to JR Frankenstero training his skating skills and developing them, a lot of it comes from the time in the weight room, but not all of it.  Of course when it's leg day you're going to be putting in lots of work to try and help be strong so you can push off a lot, but you don't want to become so tight that you can't quickly change back and forth what direction you're trying to go either.  So between the leg squats, calf raises, Bulgarian split squats and the Yoga for legs, he also has some secret hidden things he does.  After each leg day you have to do some things to make sure you recover, and one of the main things is a tangy mustard bath for the calves and feet, and then jumping into the ice bath for the rest of the muscles after 15 minutes of the mustard soak.  On the non leg day workouts though you still have to take care of the old sticks, so that means going for some deep tissue BBQ sauce massage.
Code:
184 Words

[Image: frankenstero.png]
Thanks Ragnarr!

Option 2:

You know, Mac Turner is not the best skater. I mean you got to be good to play in the pro's leagues so he is defiently better than your average Joe. But in terms of his competition he is about average. He doesn't really pop of the paper in this catergory. But hey Mac can tell you how  professional hockey player practices his edges. In Practice Mac first takes a loop around the ice just to get his legs moving. Then he goes on to do other skating drills, like zipping around cones, racing teammates, going back and forth, etc., The work doesnt stop off the ice. Mac does cardio with fellow teammates @Renomitsu and @ihatereyson. By that he really means he barley keeps up with them. They do some endurance, and lots of sprints. Then they eat Mary's secret stash of popcorn which may be counter-productive.

[Image: rGE8JTw.png]
Ty to Eni's Sig Shop
[Image: 2UUYSbn.png]
ty to ragnar

[Image: ZvEPLKk.jpeg]

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60] [Image: kahri.gif][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60]

ISFL affiliate

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

O2

Nash trains his skating skill just like all of the other sled dogs do. He gets out on the ice, attaches a few humans to the sled and starts skating. When the humans have had enough and Nash needs to up the energy level, he has the facility manager get the zamobni out on the ice and nash just goes wild and starts pulling it all around the arena making sure that he gets fresh ice for every lap that he is out there. After that he works on his balance. Normally Nash is a 4 legged warrior, but on the ice he only gets to use his two back legs to keep his balance. Even though he's been playing hockey since he was young, it still takes a little bit more effort than a regular human who is always walking on two legs. Just getting in the right mindset is half the battle for this dog warrior.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

PT Pass

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Renegades  Citadelles Citadelles Renegades  Stars Blizzard Canada 

ISFL Affiliate - username is FTR.

RIP Mac & 701

Option 2

When it comes to skating and how to get better, you would probably think that having a skating coach, doing skating drills on the ice would help you get better, and you would probably be right. But how well you skate can also be tied to talent, or if you were born lucky, an olympian level skater as a mother to teach you how to skate better than your peers. Demir Bellona wasn't as lucky as the Hughes brothers however, and considering the amount of ice rinks around Florence, Italy is close to zero, he had to take advantage of his surroundings. The Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore is the third largest church in the world and is a world-renowned jewel of Florence. In his youth, Demir would climb the 463 steps it takes to reach the top of the dome on a weekly basis in order to help his endurance, athletism and surprisingly his skating as well. Sure you might think how the hell does climbing stairs help skate better, then I would ask you to take a look at the defensemen points leader and at the time of writing this Bellona has slipped out of the top 10 in points for the first time in the season as a sophomore. So I'm not saying climbing those stairs did anything to help him skate, but do you have proof it didn't?

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Written task, option 2

Rodrigo Banes trains for skating in various old school ways, deeply inspired, and often coached by, his father. It involves a combination of heavy, full depth squats to build leg muscles and overall power, lunges and jump training to build explosiveness, and chasing a chicken around a wintry yard because he saw it in a Rocky movie and it seemed like a good idea. For endurance he enjoys jogging, as a great way to take in the scenery around Kelowna, and get some fresh air. 

When his father is in town, or he feels like he underperformed during a game, he gets into his custom-made altitude chamber and rides a stationary bike up Mount Everest until he can't breathe. The price to be great is high, but he values his skating abilities and plans ot get even faster during the offseason as he prepares to join his father's team in Montreal.

[Image: banes.png]

How does Sven Holmberg train skating? Well before stepping on the ice, he spends 30 minutes visualizing himself skating. He imagines how he looks skating on the ice, then imagines how he wants to look. He focuses on how his edges will dig into the ice, and how he will shift his weight. After visualizing, he then does some basic stretches and balance work. After dry land training, he hops onto the ice. The warmup starts with basic cross overs down the ice, really exaggerating the amount of edge being used with each crossover. He then repeats that with backwards crossovers. He then puts ankle weights on, and works on c-cuts all the way down the ice. After that, Holmberg works on transition skating. He skates forward towards the boards, then backwards to the faceoff dots, all the way down the ice. After the weighted training, he heads back to dry land training where he continues to use the ankle weights and focus on his balance.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page