Create Account

S75 PT#3: McHockey Present Due: Monday, March 4th at 11:59 PST

Masked Stanger has always been one to play a full game of hockey, he’s a goalie after all. Stanger is used to needing stamina in order to stay alert and physically fit for long periods of time. To train stamina Stanger likes to do a few different activities.

Some magical person got the idea to put wheels on skates one day and name them Roller Blades. Roller Blading around Vancouver’s main streets is one of his favourite activities to do. He loves the mountain view and all the ocean water surrounding the west. In the off-season Stanger takes the ferry to Victoria Island for weekly camping trips up the coast line, using his roller blades as transportation.

Stanger also loves playing other sports with his teammates and friends. He is a big fan of tennis to get his whole body going, but prefers to play football with a group of people. Besides sports Stanger likes to bike ride and go for walks. Keeping his body and mind moving is a huge part of his game.

Dominik utilizes two main ways to achieve a good cardio workout: rowing and running. There are, of course, plenty of other ways to work on cardio, but these are the two that he feels are most efficient and successful at improving his cardio health and endurance for games. At least once a week, Dominik will look to row a hard competitive 2k on a rowing machine and, on a different day, run a 5k in an attempt to maximize his abilities and his endurance for playoff games and games that see him get a lot of ice time. In his mind, if he can run hard and row hard, he should be able to skate hard when the time comes. It’s not a guarantee, but he finds that it has helped him be successful so far in his career and he doesn’t expect to change his plans anytime soon, unless an injury were to affect things.

WC: 156

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

Ekaterina likes bears as sparring partners. Tough, and cuddly, they make the best fighting partners. Ekaterina used to train in Russia with circus bears. Instead of a hard workout, she preferred to push, hold, and pull those big brown bears. One hour, each morning, before lifting weights. She used to try the same thing in Kelowna. Bigger bears too. But it became hard to find them, leaving early in the morning after a night spent with too much vodka. Now, Baltimore is not very well known for its diverse fauna, especially for bears downtown. She tried dressing a poor intern in a teddy bear costume, but it’s not the same. She now works with a fitness coach and try cardio. Valieva plays more big minutes on PK, which means she must be ready at the end of a game. She works on a specialized spinning bike, working hard in the gym each day. It’s new to her. She used to resort to doping and unorthodox ways to get in shape. She was used to work on strength rather than cardio and stamina. It’s a healthier way to train for sure.

WC:190

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: ekaterina-valieva-spotlight.png]
Thanks @xjoverax for the sig!

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

Option 1:

Of course I accept. Connor McJesus is currently the best hockey player on the face of the earth and Sid the Kid (despite my ire towards him most of his career) also held that title for a long while. Their secret workout to beat down the husks of my enemies is something I will gladly accept. And coincidentally, Beck does know how to win in the playoffs, and the secret is this: LUCK. I tell Connor to throw all 16 teams in a blender and pick one. This is how the universe decides the cup winner. Some teams have good luck and win a few, some teams have bad luck and don't win. I tell McJesus that he must hold the faith and keep playing as best he can and the Cup may come. It's just a matter of getting randomly hot and having a generous dash of luck on your side. He frowns, then leaves.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

prompt 2

Baku smiles, having been asked to sit down for another one of these interviews. He isn’t sure why people want to know his workout routines, but he’s happy enough to share.

Olubori shares a lot of his training when he was younger was always about getting bigger, stronger. Coming out of the Nigerian community leagues and Swiss junior league, there’s a reason people called him “a linebacker on skates” – he fit the bill. Since coming to North America, his training regiment has shifted focus, especially in Baltimore. Going into the SHL Draft, he was projected as your ideal SHL power forward. Over time, he’s been asked to reshape his body and game to be a premiere offensive center for the resurgent Platoon. That’s led him to have to really prioritize endurance—he’s asked to do it all for the Platoon, and has of late performed admirably centering one of the league’s foremost offensive dynamos, Erik Bergmark.

Early in his career, endurance training took the form of the dreaded Hike Day at the Cassius Darrow hockey camps. Early in the camp, there would be a day only known as Hike. Darrow would lead the group of young players into the mountains near Seattle, with camping backpacks FULL of heavy gear (and sometimes rocks). Then they’d go on a 12 mile hike at a steady jog, stop for lunch, and then hike back. It was brutal, exhausting, and maybe a little dangerous? In any case, Baku survived that and now still adds weight to his cardio sometimes. The extra endurance has done wonders for his skating (aka his biggest weakness coming out of juniors).

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Option 2:

In terms of training strength and endurance, Sir Devoir always prioritizes endurance first. He believes that being able to work on your cardio first and always will help you when you train your strength, and his many hours of jogging and leg exercises will show that to you. For him it's cardio first, then strength training, then endurance training. That's the ratio he started doing per the advice of his SMJHL coaches, and it has helped him last so long. Of course, he has plenty of water around when he does train so he is always hydrated and focused. His advice for a young player when it comes to this is always that the more cardio you do, the more endurance you'll have and the longer you can do strength training.

That's not to say that Devoir does no weight lifting and other hard workouts, because he absolutely does. He would just rather make sure that he has the ability to save energy for it first.

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Option 1:

After a long day of Snowboarding with the rest of Dino Gang, and a hearty dinner, Brooklyn Physt was off to bed. Season ends tomorrow and Colorado has but 3 games left and she will need a good rest to be at her best. Somewhere around the witching hour she woke with a start to the sound of wind and a crashing open of a window in the main space of the apartment. She stays there with a couple other stars on the Raptors. "Val is that you?" Valerija Serapin the only other female player on the team.

Instead Lynn's query was met with a gruff, monotone "no" and like a shot she sat up, pulling her Luger from under her pillow. "Stop right.....there Connor McDavid?"

"I have a trade for you. I'll show you the secret workout routine I developed with Sid, it also made Marshy Immortal or whatever. As long as you'll tell me how to win in the playoffs."

Still holding my pistol. "Wha? You know what? Sure, show me how to work out so well that either I or someone else becomes immortal and I'll show you how the Dino Gang wins the 4 Star"

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

Jarrod Lakemore awakens in the middle of the night to find himself face to face with none other than Connor McDavid. "Here we go again..." he thinks to himself, as McDavid offers to trade his secret workout regimen in exchange for the secret to playoff success. Lakemore considers McDavid briefly, but remains skeptical. On the surface, it seems like a win-win trade where every party comes out ahead, but this seems suspiciously like one of those deal with the devil things where afterwards Lakemore finds he can no longer win the playoffs while McDavid suddenly isn't winning faster skater at the all-star game every year, but instead is racking up championships. Lakemore has always felt sympathy for great athletes who never got a chance to taste the ultimate prize in their sport, the Dan Marinos and John Stocktons of the world. And while he has already won a SHL championship, he's not quite done yet and is hungry for more. "Yeah.... uhh I'm going to have to pass on that one Connor. Good Luck!" (179 words)

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede

Pass Forfeit has had a lot of weird dreams lately but Connor McDavid was one that shocked him. He was never a McDavid fan and always thought he was way better in terms of production and swagger on the ice. But when McDavid showed up in bed he fell to the floor face first. After recovering quickly he challenged him to a 1v1 on the ice, no sticks only feet. After scoring some scorpion kick goals with the puck, Pass decided it was enough time embarrassing the guy so he moved on to the great Wayne Gretzky not to be confused with former SHL player Wayne Glensky or whatever he was named. It was a great time for them all and they regrouped to go to see the unknown at the Glasgow willy wonka experience. I truly dont know what else to day about this day but it was a good one. Maybe we will see Pass win a cup since he has never done it before sad.

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

@DigDoug11
[Image: MusjXfy.png]

[Image: cNHA4sa.png]

Graj has a very unusual way of training his endurance and stamina. He enjoys watching movies, but knows that he can't be a couch potato all the time and actually has to work out and try and better himself as a person. So, while he watches movies, he runs on a treadmill for 10 minutes at a time, rests for 5 minutes, does cardio and stretching for 10 minutes, rests for 5, and starts the whole process over. He can usually get through a full hour and a half workout when watching a movie, and though he sometimes misses parts of movies because he's down doing burpees. He also sometimes races the clock to try and beat his records, and sometimes sets minimums for himself so that he doesn't get lazy and slack off and only do 10 burpees in 10 minutes. He does allow himself time to not have to do anything if there's a super important part of the movie going on, but he tries not to make a habit of it.

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

ISFL PT

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

Code:
Graphic Task: Draw your player giving a passionate intermission speech to his teammates.

[Image: S38FG3o.png]

[Image: 66818_s.gif]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

Jiggle E. Puff has a secret method to training up his stamina. You see, while he is not being a mediocre hockey player for the Atlanta Inferno in the Simulation Hockey League, he is actually a famous singer in the Kanto region of the pokemon world! Singing is actually a great exercise for the diaphragm and lungs, maximizing lung capacity to ensure that Jiggle E Puff is at max stamina. And beyond that, performing is actually an incredible workout! All musicians and singers have to be in incredible physical shape in order to give a lively performance while singing. Singing is Jiggle E Puff's only form of exercise outside of practice and mandatory team conditioning, he focuses on that endurance gain day and night so that he can both be a better hockey player for his team, coaches, and teammates, while also being able to give a better performance for his adoring fans across the pokemon world.

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner