Create Account

Chirper #62 (AC Week #520)

Still recovering from watching my Pios win their 10th National Championship!!!!

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

Had 3 soccer games last night and my body is not ok

Any donations of ibuprofen will be welcomed thank you all

@Eggcracker While the word "hour" can be traced back to Proto-Indo-European, I personally know that it can go back to the Greek word "hora". Interestingly, the "h-" in hour lasted despite not being pronounced since the Romans (which isn't normal for silent letters for languages). Hora for the ancient Greeks could mean "season" and in classical periods was adopted to mean "a part of the day". Our 24 hour days in which we use "hour" for comes from the Babylonians for splitting the day in 12 sections (which we later used for nights as well). It would take until the industrial era when clocks were more commonly used for our "hours" to become fixed times of the day instead of shifting as daylight hours changed throughout the day.

Another week, another Chirp. I wish I were doing better in the J!

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

Congrats to @Popol for a hat trick yesterday! That sure was fast!

Scarecrows
[Image: Oon045t.gif]
[Image: 8KlR3Yq.png]

I will have at it again

Rage Falcons Latvia Latvia Falcons Rage
[Image: HOlloway.png]

In further news, my team has banned me from watching streams, as that's when we apparently play hardest

Scarecrows
[Image: Oon045t.gif]
[Image: 8KlR3Yq.png]

Trying to get off the streets

Rage Falcons Latvia Latvia Falcons Rage
[Image: HOlloway.png]

This wild card race has been fun to watch! Hard to believe playoffs start in just a couple day. That's the NHL we're talking about of course.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

bit of a rough start for TBB...

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

Nice to be back on top of the Central Division again! NOLA isn't messing around! Looking forward to our next match!

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

...But i expect a quick a decisive turn around at this point

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

Our ability to smell petrichor (smell of wet earth from rain) is greater than a shark's ability to smell blood in water. A theory on why is that our ancestors may have likely relied on rainy weather for survival.

Ben Jammin asleep, quick post pictures of bloons [Image: 3xUrkpo.jpeg]

[Image: lily-sig-3.jpg]