Create Account

S76 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time Deadline: Tuesday, May 21st @ 11:59 PM PST

With one season already flying by, let's take a deep breath and step back for one second here.
Task: You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season? Were there any glorious moments that will forever be enshrined in your memory? (150 words min.)
You will receive 4 TPE for fulfilling all the requirements.
Only S76 SMJHL Rookies (S77 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Deadline: Tuesday, May 21st @ 11:59 PM PST
Finally, as this will be the last SMJHL PT you will do, on behalf of the SMJHL PT Team, I'd like to congratulate you all for completing the first season of hopefully many great ones. We wish you best of luck in your future careers!

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile

PBE affiliate

[Image: draft-ad.png?ex=66247d0e&is=6612080e&hm=...cddcfb611&]

Sam Volta’s first season will stay on his memory books forever. In fact, he did super well, very more than expected to be honest. He has a great offensive skill that leads him on the top of the Rookies S77 class in points since the first day of the season. He achieved his first points and goals during the first day of the season. Also, getting one of the two rookies who produced an average of one point per game played (with 71 points in 66 games). The only thing that Volta is going to improve for the next season is his offensive skill (as usual) and his defensive and aggression. In fact, Volta will try to reduce his penalty minutes to get more time on ice instead on the penalty box. This might help to get more points and being more in control with the emotions during the season and the playoffs.

-153 words-

[Image: VJEQ5Rl.png]

pt pass

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

PBE Affiliate Task

Given the small season I had, I would say I did pretty good for where I was and have a lot to look forward to next season. I would hope that this is the season where my full offensive capability will be showcased as I’ve tried to get the build optimized to one my previous player had, who for some part of the season led the league in goals. I’m hoping to be able to do the same thing with this player and go on a tear. I think Ottawa is in a unique spot as a team as a lot of players are moving up this season which means a lot of opportunities for players to move up in the lines to prove themselves. I believe I can be one of those players who makes a big impact this up coming season based on what I’ve already seen so far, the offensive tools should be ready to open up the ice for me.

[Image: gageshl.gif]
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2024, 11:26 PM by soulja. Edited 1 time in total.)

My first season of SMJHL has just been completed in terms of regular season and playoffs. Yuri Boyka III had a pretty decent rookie season as he was able to collect 46 points for Nevada Battleborn primarily playing on the 3rd line. He had 22 goals and 24 assists, which makes him tied for the 5th highest points on the team. Out of his 22 goals, only 1 came from powerplay, so Boyka did well at even strength. It is also important to note that he has pretty good discipline with only 20 penalty minutes in the whole season. I honestly expected way less of a performance from Boyka III since the TPE totals are obviously lower than many of the send-downs who are all almost capped at SMJHL but to my surprise, he outperformed my expectation. Not only was Boyka III accumulating points but he was also landing hits like a truck. What is also astonishing is that  Boyka III had the 3rd highest offensive game rating on the team. One major area of weakness is his defensive game as he was dead last in the defensive game rating. This is something that will come with time and the rookie will need to adjust his game to be more well rounded. This level of poor defensive play will be terrible if it translates to SHL. Even during the playoff games, Boyka III had some of the worst defensive game ratings. This is an area of concern and he will need to put some tpe in the defensive attributes. Other than that, Boyka III had a successful first year and we can only hope he becomes better as the seasons go by. The most memorable moment for Boyka III is actually zooming past round 1 of the playoffs against San Diego. The 2nd round was much tougher and eventually Nevada got eliminate by Maine.

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

Quote:You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season? Were there any glorious moments that will forever be enshrined in your memory?

I suppose I performed at mid-tier which given my TPE, isn't unexpected per say. Given my unfamiliarity with the league and truthfully even hockey to some extent in terms of what stats are key for what position, its hard to surmise if my performance was mid-tier or abysmal. I'd like to say mid-tier based on rankings in the index, but again, its subjective based on what stat I value. I am excited I got some goals and assists and points. In fact, going into my rookie season, I had no expectations. I think for next season, the goal is to get a better understanding of what stats are most important for my position and improve on those. I think the glorious moment enshrined for me will be the fact that we took NL as far as we did in the post-season given our regular season performance.

[Image: yxRlGdj.png]

AT-AT Wøllker was drafted 3rd Overall to the Great Falls Grizzlies in the S76 SMJHL Draft. The rugged Icelandic defenseman had the opportunity to play 2nd line on the team, so would get decent enough minutes. He played almost exactly as one might imagine a defensive defenseman to play. He was quite strong in his own zone, racking up over 100 blocks and just falling short of 100 hits, with 99. In the playoffs especially that commitment to defense did help the Grizz, ranking top 2 in shot blocks through the first 2 rounds. However, the offensive stats were not great, being the lowest-scoring player on the team. Now, granted GFG is not the highest scoring team in the world, but AT-AT's lack of prowess on that end did not help their cause. With a higher aggressive edge than most players, he racked up quite a few penalties, leading the team in penalty minutes during the regular season. Unfortunately, there were no fights to his credit which was something I was hoping for. Next season AT-AT will hopefully be able to contribute more offense and cut down on giveaways a bit, it is likely with some players moving up to the SHL that he may get more minutes and special teams play so the pressure will be on to perform!

[Image: dZqcwmW.jpg?format=webp&width=710&height=473]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
Argonauts        S77 SHL DRAFT 4TH OVERALL PICK          Argonauts
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

The season is officially over, Jeyeff Effo was carried by his GMs, coaches, and teammates throughout the season. To say the season was a disappointment is an understatement, Effo had such high hopes and aspirations coming into this season with a chip on his shoulder. After 66 games, Effo amassed only 10 goals, 16 assists for 26 points and a disappointing minus -14 rating. Only obtaining 1 milestone for his rookie season as a defenseman with 104 hits. Which is ironic as he is not known for his defensive play. Effo did not meet his personal expectations, however with his draft stock so low and being picked in the 2nd round, I would say it was what all the critics and the rest of the league expected. For the following season, Effo will need to improve in ALL areas, he needs to look inward and reflect on his game and really work on his defensive game so he can in turn improve his offensive upside. This is not the juniors anymore, running and gunning will only get you so far. Consistency and being open and available to make plays are the areas Effo needs the most improvement. Coming up with only 1 assist in 10 playoff games is embarrassing, especially for a player that is touted as an offensive defenseman. As for memories that will be enshrined forever, I wouldn't say it is a good memory, but instead the pain of not reaching or exceeding expectations will forever haunt and motivate Effo. He does not like feeling like this and will do whatever it takes to make sure he is not a liability to his team and teammates every again. 

281 words.

[Image: 4cvtDWE.jpeg]
Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258

I joined the league two days after the draft which is something I regretted a bit, not having the pleasure of participating in that event. I talked to many GMs and St-Louis finally used their priority in the waiver wire to pick me. I was welcomed with open arms in St-Louis. Through the last month and half, I believe I developed a relationship with the players in my team and I'm glad to have made these new friends.

At the start of the season, I was blessed to be named assistant captain. It was a honor for me to already be part of the leadership as a rookie and I want to thank the front office and my teammates for their trust. I also had the privileged of being named a scout at the end of the season.

As for my on ice performance, I'm satisfied. It wasn't amazing, but I played well in the circumstances. I also had good advanced stats for a rookie and finished in the top of the team in GR. A positive first season. I'm excited for the SHL draft!

Oliver Cornwall's first season in the PWHL went about as expected. He was certainly not a superstar, but he steadily grew throughout the season, becoming a solid contributor on the Whalers' third pairing. While he was not a significant factor with respect to points production, he was very good defensively and showed off his solid first pass, regularly ranking at the top of the Whalers' roster in relative possession stats. He also developed a bit of an offensive touch as the season wore on, climbing from a very distant last place on the team in points for the first third of the season up to within reach of second last by the end of the season. This was most exemplified in scoring during the Whalers' playoff push. Ultimately, while Oliver's first season wasn't anything special, the growth of the player was amazing and he can be expected to smoothly step into the Whalers' top four next season.

[Image: UufQtZ0.png] [Image: OliverCornwall_BlueText.png?ex=667d8802&...a3d8ecebc&]
sig credits to @Nokazoa and @dextaria!

I'm a little bit disappointed in Smitty' performance to be honest. I was hoping he'd be a more active presence on offense, but 18 points split between 4 goals and just 14 assists meant he was generally hanging back. His defense wasn't bad by any means, but with his best stat turning out to be blocked shots and mostly playing in our zone I would hope to see more hits and takeaways. Then again this could all just be the expected outcome for a rookie, so I'm not too broken up about it. The main thing I'd like to see is improving as a two-way defenseman-- getting more assists and takeaways as part of a great S77 class in Detroit.

There was one memorable moment of the season for me though. Smitty played a solid amount of time on penalty kill, averaging 1 minute of shorthanded time per game. During that time, one of his four goals on the season found its way into the net. Somehow, this defenseman who was being played defense-first had slipped a puck past the St. Louis goalie while they had the power play.

Code:
189 words

[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]
[Image: UCTqPUg.png]

Dev PT Pass

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

For my first season ever playing this sport you guys call "hockey", I'd have to say I did pretty darn well. That's easy for me to say because I don't understand any of these stats but I do understand that it's really fun to go fast on skates, and when you put the puck in the net your team goes crazy and it's like you've got a lot of friends! just don't put it in your net, that wasn't as exciting for them for some reason? There's definitely plenty I can improve on, namely not getting my ass handed to me on the ice -- there are a lot of hard hits going on and it can be tough to stay up on your skates, especially when you weren't expecting it. I think after a solid offseason of strength and conditioning training, as well as some more book learning on made up things like "offsides", I'll be in pretty good shape for a strong sophmore season.

[Image: W4vTrno.png]

[Image: PDyLXEi.png]