Create Account

S76 Championship Week Due: Thursday, May 23th @ 11:59 PM PST

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer.

Verification word: dax
IDK how many TPE

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

b. Looking at save percentage and goals against average it seems that Beau Kavanagh has the upper hand over Justin Time. Do you think they do or are those numbers misleading?

It's finals. I think that none of this matter now. Teams are ready and have been working all season just to be here. Now it's all based on right strategies, better chemistry, better working lines and smarter front office. Goalies will be very important too, but you can't win if your team doesn't score. So it's all based on everything together.

61 words

d. Which of the teams had easier path to finals?

Well, both teams had one series which had all seven games. However, ''Pride'' played against 17th seeded Chicago. They had 3rd seeded ''Panthers'' and 8th seeded ''Aurora'' too. ''Platoon'' meanwhile had ''Inferno'' (14th), ''Forge'' (5th) and ''Steelhawks'' (11th) as their opponents. I would say that ''Pride'' had harded path to the finals if we look at the opponents themselves. If we look at standings, rosters and just paper itself, it was harder for ''Platoon'' in my opinion.

77 words

e. Which one would win a fight, a lion or an eagle? How would it go?

I think that it's based on if there is any rules. Lion has more power and is faster on the ground. Eagle has an ability to fly and it might have some scratch power. However, I'm pretty sure that lion would win in a survival game. Just based on a fact that it would be a cat against bird. I don't neither lions or eagles though. Not a huge fan of these two.

73 words

f. If it ain't broke don't fix it: Who you got? Who wins? Why?

Very hard to predict such a thing. ''Pride'' had a first round sweep victory. Then they took ''Panthers'' to seven games which was risky, but won in five games against ''Aurora''. Baltimore had six games in the first round against ''Inferno'' which was followed by a seven game thriller with ''Forge''. Five games in semi-finals too, winning against ''Steelhawks''. Hard to predict, as I said. However, I would bet on Baltimore. This team won regular season and had much better away record. Since they have home ice advantage, it's very important. However, anything can happen in my opinion.

98 words

4 TPE

11. Written, 2 TPE, Home Country (100 words min.)

I have always liked Slovakia and Finland. Slovakia had my favorite players Marcel Hossa and Marian Hossa. Finland meanwhile was a country which I have always liked. I am from Latvia, but when I joined there, I didn't feel welcomed. So I moved to Finland and they have always been friendly to me. So, I have always stayed with them. Then I just decided that I will have each of my player from there if I will keep making re-creates. It was a pretty easy choice for me since they always welcomed me and tried to help. Very kind people and I really like Finland. Maybe I should even visit it some day. Beautiful country (at least in pictures).

119 words

2 TPE

SHOULD BE 8 TPE IN TOTAL!

Stars Stars Stars

GM Pass

[Image: Oats.gif]

[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Confirmation word: schnitzel

(hopefully) 3 TPE

Affiliate Claim - ISFL

ISFL Offseason Task (r0tzbua as well)

3 TPE

11. Written, 2 TPE, Home Country (100 words min.)
Why did you choose your IIHF country? Is it where you’re actually from? Is it where your friends play? Was it for a specific role play reason? I want to know how you decided where your player comes fro
m!

I chose Canada as my IIHF home country because it is where I live. My last player had Austria because it is the country I am originally from and where my player was from but I wanted to mix it up this time and decided to create a Quebecois player who would play for Canada and is from Canada. I know that this nation is one of the ones with the most players in it so I did not expect to get any actual playing time so anything on top of "being from Canada" is just a bonus if I ever make an appearance in the IIHF it would be very cool.

112 words - 2 TPE

Total: 8 TPE

[Image: gREvMiW.png]
Canada Timber  Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean || S74  Timber Canada
Austria Barracuda Kraken  Finn von Murphenstein || S57 - S72  Kraken Barracuda Austria 

gm cw pass

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

GM Pass

[Image: Pi43cEV.png]
Big Thanks to @Sburbine & @Carpy48 for the dope graphic!
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/sgu3vVP.png[/img]

CW Pass

[Image: h1VQUxn.png]

SMJHL GM CW Pass

[Image: mysteriousfish.png]
Amazing Sig done by @OrbitingDeath

[Image: 8W5aE8t8_o.jpg]

@MuNk22 with the amazing sig

GM CW pass

HO offseason pass

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

CW PASS

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

HO CW pass

Falcons Hockey fan for life. I pack the heat and score the goals!   Barracuda

[Image: Point_Celly-13020730.gif] 

Hattricked:
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2024, 06:23 PM by spidey. Edited 1 time in total.)

OPTION 1 TRIVIA:

Excelsior

+2 TPE

OPTION 2:

A)
If I had to pick one player to lead San Francisco to the cup it would have to be Viktor Hargreeves. The leading point scorer this year is the best player on the Prides roster. If you need a goal you can almost always count of Hargreeves to find the back of the net. He has truly just entered his prime and the SHL just realized how good he is.

+1 TPE

B)
I think those numbers are misleading. Beau has faced weaker competition leading up to the Championship game. Weaker competition should equate to fewer opportunities and goals. I would also add, Justin Time has been here before both on the winning and losing side, that experience is invaluable.

+1 TPE

C)

It is really hard to argue with those numbers, Willow has reached another level during these playoffs. Perhaps you could argue Toasty is a little more sound defensively playing top PK minutes, but push comes to shove, overall the best defender on the ice during the finals is Willow.

+1 TPE

E)
I know people are in general picking a lion would win this fight. Cats are natural predators to birds. A lion out weighs an eagle 10 to 1. While an eagle could use air warfare to its advantage it would only be a waiting game for the lion to win. Those are all the correct answer, but I will say the real reason a Lion would win, it just can't be bothered by lesser competition and walk away the king. Just like the SFP!

+1 TPE

OPTION 3

The team that needs to win now is Baltimore. They have a good team and will likely be a good team for a while, but their window is much smaller than the Pride. The majority of their roster is in regression or will be facing it next season with few quality stars coming up behind their top lines. They maybe better suited for long term success and continuous playoff runs, but deep cup or championship runs seems limited to me.

San Francisco has a couple players in regression and a couple players about to face it. But the majority of their roster is really just starting to bloom, and still have a few seasons to go before they hit their prime, meaning their will be a number of seasons to compete at top form with a lot of chance to make deep cup runs with this roster.

Now all of this could change with a couple of crafty trades by Baltimore as they could bring in young talent and ship out aging veterans to keep the team in top form moving forward.

+3 TPE

TOTAL TPE:
+8

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

gm ass

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Code:

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

hi

GM Pass

[Image: rGE8JTw.png]
Ty to Eni's Sig Shop
[Image: 2UUYSbn.png]
ty to ragnar