Create Account

S76 Championship Week Due: Thursday, May 23th @ 11:59 PM PST

gm pass

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

COOKIE

TPE Earned: 3 TPE

1.CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max
verification word: go leafs

6. Written, 3 TPE, Next season will be ours (150 words min.)
Answer: This year has been a testament to the Toronto North Star’s resilience and dedication. While we faced some challenges, we've also seen remarkable growth and potential in our players. Our young talent has shown incredible promise, and our veterans have provided the leadership and experience necessary to build a strong foundation.
Looking forward, we're committed to taking this team to new heights. We've already started making strategic plans for the offseason, focusing on strengthening our roster and providing our players with the best resources and training opportunities available. Our goal is to create a team that not only competes but excels, and brings home the success our fans deserve with a Challenge Cup. The future of the Toronto North Stars is bright. With the talent we have, the plans we're implementing, and the unwavering support of our incredible fans, I have no doubt that we'll achieve great things together. So keep your heads held high and your spirits strong. This is just the beginning, and the best is yet to come.

11. Written, 2 TPE, Home Country (100 words min.)
Answer: I think it was only fitting for Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava to be playing internationally for the blue and yellow team with team Sweden. Team Sweden is basically season fifty Chicago Syndicate with Jess, Corey, Fluw, JNH plus season sixty Chicago Syndicate with schwarz, Isa, Tesla and a bunch of other cool folks all that Mats Marner played with or against during his SHL career. So starting a new career with Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava it seemed like team Sweeden have a great crew that my new player gets along great with and team Sweden is also one of the top IIHF teams success wise.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

J GM Pass

[Image: 0wXevO1.gif]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: zS2lCMp.png]

[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

GM Pass

[Image: Wally.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-21-2024, 10:27 PM by karey. Edited 9 times in total.)

Trivia: ✅
Code:karey

Graphic 1:
Player taking cup to a exotic place
[Image: IMG_9593.png?ex=664a35b8&is=6648e438&hm=...6f670fc9d&]
Graphic Task 2:
Lion and Eagle Fighting
[Image: IMG_9641.png?ex=664a35b8&is=6648e438&hm=...61818ab45&]

Edit:New image links:
[Image: IMG-9593.jpg]
[Image: IMG-9641.jpg]

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for
each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked
below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get
credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Ivy

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup
related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer
must be 50+ words.

e. Which one would win a fight, a lion or an eagle? How would it go?

f. If it ain't broke don't fix it: Who you got? Who wins? Why?
e. It would be an interesting battle, but I actually think I will go with the eagle in this one. On paper, the lion is the obvious choice but I would imagine that the eagles agility and ability to be airborne would help tremendously. The way I see it, the eagle would pull some big time dive bomb moves on the lion and that would act as the WWE style finisher to give the eagle the win.

f. I am going to go with the Baltimore Platoon to win the cup. They have been the favorites all year long and I will keep that going in this prediction. San Francisco might have the offensive advantage, but I will say that in this matchup the defense and goaltending wins out and with Baltimore leading the SHL in goals against this season, I will give them the slight advantage.

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Presidents’ Trophy Curse (150 words min.)

Seattle Argonauts won both the Challenge Cup and Presidents’ Trophy in
S68, but no team has won both during the same season since. Yet season
75 Los Angeles Panthers and season 72 Winnipeg Aurora both won the cup
after being second best team during the regular season. Do you think
that winning regular season has impact on playoffs performance outside
of seedings and home advantage? Would you say San Francisco is better of
coming into the series with second seed or will Baltimore get more out
of their home advantage than any curse could hurt them?
In the SHL, I do not believe there is any type of advantage, whether positive or negative, to being the best team in the SHL regular season and then trying to win the cup. Every team has to go through a gauntlet to get to this point, and I do not think the regular season's best feels any more fatigue just because they won more games. I do however believe in home ice advantage in the SHL, which makes being the best team all that much more important to ensure you play on your own ice majority of the games. I believe that we have seen over the past several seasons in the SHL that the home teams do have a slight advantage, so for Baltimore to be in the final with that advantage is massive when you are talking about the two best teams matching up against each other. I do not believe in curses, and I believe Baltimore finds a way to get it done in this series.

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

GM pass

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Simmer Pass

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

(This post was last modified: 05-22-2024, 09:06 PM by Kyamprac. Edited 3 times in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post

Verification word: hoot

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE, Round 76
Create a graphic that shows a lion and an eagle fighting.

[Image: EIaOgaE.png]

Code:
11. Written, 2 TPE, Home Country (100 words min.)
Why did you choose your IIHF country? Is it where you’re actually from? Is it where your friends play? Was it for a specific role play reason? I want to know how you decided where your player comes from!

Having been born and raised in Quebec, Mia Lavoie initially declared for Team Canada in the IIHF. However, after some discussion with the General Managers of Team France, she and her partner Edouard Lavoie recently switched over to play for the og Frenchies. From a language perspective it was a mostly easy transition, a few oui oui hon hons here, a few baguettes there no problem. From a roster perspective it just turned out to be a really fun switch as France has some pretty cool people kicking around. They're a pretty chill, easygoing bunch that might actually make the IIHF a little more fun for me, as historically it's just kind of been a meh aspect of the league.

(120 words)

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid, swoosh and eni for sigs! <3
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2024, 01:45 AM by Hordle. Edited 1 time in total.)

Trivia: Bingo

10. Ireland is gonna win the IIHF and here's why. Cause I'm leading it again and what's not to love about that. We got third last time which a lot of people weren't expecting, which is just hecking rude. But in all honesty, we haven't lost anything. Our main force is still here, but slightly older. Our younger talents are blossoming and Gronlund is on the team now (not that it matters). I'm trying my best to learn tactics and lines that'll help us succeed. Unfortunately most of my peoples that would help me are leading separate teams. I think realisitically people are gonna not believe in Ireland for a bit cause it fell off. I remember when I first joined Ireland was a powerhouse. I'm hoping to bring it back to it's glory. If we don't win, I'd be happy with a solid third again. Either way, I hope everyone has fun watching Ireland win.

13. Quebec City Citadels won! There was never any doubt to be honest. Quebec city was really dominate the whole season and even more so in the playoffs. Dropping only two games in the playoffs with a Allstar Mega-Champ Shutout God goalie like they did, it was pretty hard to believe that there was any other shot. Plus Quebec has some of the best FHM minds in the league working the lines and tactics. So yeah Quebec was pretty much a sure bet and look at that I know have 3 out of 4 players who have won a cup with Quebec. In fact they've never won a cup without me. So it's all me. Get wrecked nerds. 

[img=0x0]https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/grUaWFD9ou9EjLV73AFr8OZ5Z5ZgBJHWeh35DDNtFgI/https/i.imgur.com/hQtmi8A.png[/img]
CitadellesCitadelles
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2024, 06:03 PM by RashfordU. Edited 1 time in total.)

Trivia: Rantanen

3 - I dont think it is super important for either team to "win - now" as both teams are set up to compete for the next few seasons.  We have seen over the last few years that it is getting harder and harder to "be the team to beat" each season.  Putting yourself consistently in the top is a great way to ensure that your team will continue to get chances to compete for the trophy.  For Baltimore, they are just a couple goals here and there to be able to get the win, and the same could have even been said for Los Angeles who could have easily been in the finals themselves with a couple timely goals or saves.  I think both teams would be very happy with the win, but I also think that both teams believe they will be here next season as well, and probably the one after that as both of these teams are just that good.  Looking forward to a great battle between two solid teams, great GMs, etc. (174 words)

2c - Willow has to be considered the top defensemen of the playoffs this year, maybe even the season if you are someone that likes to add in regular season play as well.  No matter the team they are playing, big game or small, Willow shows up ready to produce and punishes the opposing team goalies with a ton of shots, goals, and offensive chances create (64 words)

2d - It is really hard to say if either team had the easier path to the finals.  SFP was tasked with beating two recent Challenge Cup champions on their march to the finals, while Baltimore was tasked with attempting to fight their way through a star studded east side that really has no slouches in the top 4-6 teams.  Maybe you could say that each faced their own challenge to get there and neither probably felt it was easier (78 words)

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

GM Pass

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

gm pass

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2024, 03:09 PM by soevil. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Evil
ISFL Afflilate

[Image: Morleyhockey.gif]