Create Account

S76 All Star Week Due: Sunday, June 2nd @ 11:59 PM PST

GM pass

Foil Up Boys
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2024, 07:54 AM by Rabidsponge21. Edited 1 time in total.)

https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=723008 - PBE PT (3 TPE)

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3517428 - Milestones (3 TPE)

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, It is the draft season (150 words min.)
This season we saw huge changes on how All-Star teams were formed. How do you like the new draft format for all-star teams? Do you think it is good that committee picks the pool from which the players are drafter? Should there be more players from each team on the pool? Are last season cup finalist good picks for selecting the players?

I am all for the all star game recognizing the right players and right people for their season performance. The one thing I can say I do not approve of is the fact that with 40 nominations - Montreal now is not getting a single nod into the game. Even with the vote in there is no guarantee it happens. I understand it might be 'unfair' to have a Montreal player there to some - but this is a league of social interaction and not having every team represented is really a shame. I could see if we skipped bringing someone cause the team was literally all inactive - but Montreal has plenty of active to choose from now. Also did we not used to have all rookie teams? Is that not a thing anymore? If it isn't it needs to be again - even if its just a team of 5 players or I would say 10 - 5 from each conference. Just a thought. (161 words)

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]
[Image: 9sKIbXE.png]

GM pass

[Image: macgriddlesig.png?ex=6531467b&is=651ed17...9ee2d84f&=]
Finland  Stars  Berserkers

GM pass

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png]
[Image: Q9Ii17g.png]
Credit to Ragnar and Enigmatic for the great Signatures

GM pass

Code:
9. Written, 3 TPE, Players Tribune (150 words min.)
A popular format of media that has made a resurgence recently due to certain dedicated media writers, The Player's Tribune involves writing from your player's point of view in the 1st person. Write your Player's Tribune about your player's season. How do they feel about their results? Did they achieve their goals? Are they venting out frustration? Are there any moments of the season that were memorable?

Help I got lost in Chicago! Yeah that's me. You might be wondering how I got into this situation. Well let's just say it's a crazy story. It's game number 15 of the Winnipeg Aurora's SHL season, and we're in Chicago to take on the Syndicate. We fly into O'Hare and are about to get on the team bus when Coach announces that the busses are broken down. Oh no! That's okay, we're going to go into the heart of town using public transportation. Now I am no stranger to trains. They go choo choo. We get to the blue line and everyone is boarding, but the train is full by the time I get to the doors! As the doors close and the train pulls away, I am the only one on the team left on the platform! I get a text that says "call an Uber." But I think to myself no, I'll just take the next train! So I get on the next train. I ask a nice person where the hockey stadium is. But they say they're a tourist from Buffalo and they don't know where it is! So I look at the map. The loop. Sounds like a hopping place! I'll go there. So I get off in the loop. Wow, look at that big river! Look at that cool fountain! Look at that big bean! But there's no hockey stadium to be found! Help! I'm lost in Chicago and I have a game to play! TO BE CONTINUED

(254)

Code:
10. Written, 3 TPE, Most Offensive Goalie (150 words min.)
The league has multiple awards, yet there is always room for improvement. What award would you add? Why that award and who it would be named after? Or which of the current awards would you change? How would you change it and why?

I think there should be an award for the least sportsman like player called the Dirty D! Yes that's right, we are going to choose the dirtiest player in the whole league! The kind of player you love having on your team, but everyone else hates them. And it's going to be voted on by the players! Who is the player who is constantly slew footing you in front of the net? Who likes to hold onto your stick a little too much? Who is baiting you into dropping the gloves for some fisty Cuffs and then kicking your butt? Who never showers? Who is covered in grime and gunk? All of these considerations go into the Dirty D award for the dirtiest player in the whole entire league. Boy oh boy I can't wait to vote! I really think that this award is very important to determine who is the best of the best in this category.

(158)

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, It is the draft season (150 words min.)
This season we saw huge changes on how All-Star teams were formed. How do you like the new draft format for all-star teams? Do you think it is good that committee picks the pool from which the players are drafter? Should there be more players from each team on the pool? Are last season cup finalist good picks for selecting the players?

I really like the changes this season to the format for picking the all star teams. I am sure I am not the only one who has wondered in the past how these teams are really chosen. You know, like whether there was truly ever a method to the madness, an orchestration to the chaos of making such an important selection. But now we've shined some sunlight onto the process and everything is out in the open. I love transparency! But I think that the league should vote on who the captains of the all star game should be. The ones who draft. I think that would be a huge honor for folks to be selected by a group of their peers. And it is another opportunity to give me an easy way to get 1 TPE. I love getting one TPE at a time. I hate writing this much!

(150)

ASW pass

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile

GM Pass

[Image: 5yBVV1C.jpeg]
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2024, 01:23 PM by steveoiscool. Edited 3 times in total.)

Milestones - 2 TPE

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
e. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, tell us why they were picked.)

Robo Sven should have made the all star game just by virtue of being the only android on the ice. He obviously still has a lot of fine tuning to do in order to become the elite scorer he's aiming to be, but he is a marvel of modern technology and if that doesn't justify an all star berth, I don't know what does.

5. Written, 3 TPE, Let me do it (150 words min.)

If I had to pick someone from the skills competition to be on the actual team, it would be Jussi Mutou. I'm kind of trying to throw Montreal a bone here, cause let's be honest: we all know they were tanking HARD and probably aren't the best team to highlight any sort of skill on (at this moment). However, the all star team should be represented by someone from each team in the league, cause even the worst player in this league is an elite athlete that has earned their spot to compete amongst the best in the world. I would probably replace Jarrod Lakemoore because one, Buffalo is stinky, and two, I don't think they performed well enough this season to justify having three members on the initial all stars roster. It would kinda suck to have that taken away from you after the roster has been announced, but I think it sucks more to not have Montreal represented at all.

7. Written, 2 TPE, How can so many people be so wrong (100 words min.)

I don't know how anyone can ever snub Olof Karsikko from the all star team. Honestly, even after Olof retires he should just have a third string goalie spot penciled in on each all star team. There has never been a goalie in the history of the SHL that is as clutch as Olof, and if you find a way to tap into the mythical playoff Olof mode, god help your opponents (and even if he does, that won't be enough). Olof not being on the all star team is a disservice to the league and a disservice to the awards. Shame on all of you.

8/8

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

GM Pass

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
 [Image: 5tu6.png] [Image: bdzv.jpeg]

GM Pass

[Image: banes.png]

Offseason Pass

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2024, 08:18 PM by Ricer13. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Milestones - 3 TPE

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3517470

2. Written - 2 TPE

B. The defensive pool wasn’t that strong this year. That’ll change year to year but I think they made the right call by only having the two of them in the top 10. There are lots of talented defenders in the league but the forwards have been far stronger this season.

50 words

D. I actually don’t think there is an edge in goaltending. It was smart to take them back to back. If one team had let the other take both goalies then that would have been a problem. The defense is what’s going to make the biggest different. Both teams are stacked offensively and goalies are a wash so which teams defense will rise above the others?

65 words

4. Written - 3 TPE

I think the new draft format is a lot of fun. It allows for a good mix of players from all over the league to play together on one team. You don’t always get to play along side stars from opposing conferences so this is a great chance to do that. I don’t mind that a committee chooses the pool of players, it allows for less bias. I don’t think I agree that there should be more people from each team in the pool. I still think you need to have a solid number for players in the pool but it should be performance based. Some years there may be more from one team than another and that is okay. Last season cup finalists is a great idea tbh. They’ve earned the right by making it all the way to the final so why not let them have some fun the following season.

153 Words

Offseason pass

[Image: QsZ1vOb.jpeg]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

Simmer Pass