Create Account

S76 All Star Week Due: Sunday, June 2nd @ 11:59 PM PST

Code:
Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.
Milestones +3

PBE Affiliate +3

6 TPE

[Image: 2C932D37-514E-45EA-95D8-45C16F70520B.jpg...cd072524d&]

gm pass

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Milestones
3/3 TPE

2. a) Which of the three Montreal players would have been best addition to either of the teams?

Are we acting surprised that none of Montreal's players got picked? Like I can understanding a tank to build up a better team in the future but what is going on in Montreal right now is on another level. I am not too sure what the play is to be honest but I hope it turns around for them soon.

1/1 TPE

2. c) Which of the teams could have better top line (center and two wingers), WhiteFuzz with Johnny Wagner-Svenson - Viktor Hargreeves - Antoine Beauregard or JRuke with Erik Bergmark - Derek Martin - Aksel Fiske? Why you think they are better?

I mean with Johnny Wagner-Svenson how do you go wrong? Guy is a GOAT (and not the kind that eats tin cans). He is an elite player who only makes those around him even better. I am going to go WhiteFuzz advantage here because there is just no stopping this juggernaut

1/1 TPE

3. Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

I am super happy to see 2 of my team mates have been properly recognized for their hard work this year. Representing the Tampa Bay Barracuda we have Benson Fiorentini and Johnny Wagner-Svenson. Both have been indispensable to our team this past year and I think it should be fitting that they are both here with the best of the best. Johnny Wagner-Svenson has been progressively been showing that he is one of the better forwards currently playing in the Simulation Hockey League. He had a great season notching 45 goals and 48 assists which has put him second on Tampa Bay's scoring list. Topping out Tampa Bay's scoring however has been Benson Fiorentini, cracking the 100 pt total this year with 50 goals and 55 assists on Tampa bay's top line has him at 8th Overall on the SHL point totals. These guys have been absolute pillars for the team this season and it is great to see them get their dues.

3/3 TPE

Total 8/8 TPE

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2024, 10:19 PM by Kyamprac. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

+3 Milestones

Code:
2. Shiny Grab Bag question  b. Nash Topalo and Seamus O'Slapahan were only defencemen picked in top 10. Were they two best options this season? Should there have been more picked early on?

Nash had 158 blocks, 62 hits, 55 points, and a 28 +/-. O'Slapahan had 215 blocks, 59 hits, 52 points, and a -4 +/-. I don't claim to be an expert in the sim, but I'm a little confused why these two. Like Hodor for example should have made it in before them because the guy clearly did his job holding the door, leading the league with 335 blocks. How could you snub him like this? I guess Nash is a pretty cute pupper though so hard to vote against.

(88 words)

Code:
2. Shiny Grab Bag question e. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, tell us why they were picked.)

I don't think Mia Lavoie making the all star game came as a surprise to anyone. She had a hell of a season putting up a league-leading 113 points for the Maine Timber. She wasn't just a one lady show though, as her linemates Edouard Lavoie and JJ Frankie JJ put up impressive stats and also made the all star game.

(61 words)

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

The Maine Timber have some pretty awesome representation in this year's SMJHL All-Star game. It didn't surprise anyone to see Mia Lavoie, the league's leading points earner, make the roster.. but so too did three of her teammates, two of which were her line mates all season. Edouard Lavoie, JJ Frankie JJ, and Shotty McStopper all earned themselves a spot on the roster for the Southern Conference. Edouard put up 98 points on the season, falling second only to his linemate Mia, while JJ Frankie JJ trailed not too far behind with 85 points. Good things happened on the ice with this line in Maine, with each player finishing off the regular season with a +/- of 35 or higher. Meanwhile, their budding goaltender Shotty McStopper stood strong between the pipes for a whopping 2821 minutes, earning 29 wins for the team with a save percentage of 0.908. His overall game rating placed him 5th in the league overall for goaltending.

(160 words)

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid, swoosh and eni for sigs! <3

Prompt 1: Milestones + 3 TPE

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3518580

Prompt 3: The teammate + 3 TPE

The Minnesota Monarchs representative in the S76 All Star Game is none other than this season's new addition to our defensive lineup, the very experienced Emil Egli. Going positive (even if it is only at a +6) in plus/minus, when the rest of the team is almost all in the negatives is no easy feat to accomplish. Emil has an amazing GA/TA ratio, and the entire state of Minnesota has nothing but confidence in a defensive lineup with Egli on the ice. His Minnesota Monarchs teammates all expect him to perform really well in the upcoming all star game. He has shown he can perform even better than he did last season when playing in a competitive team, and we fully expect him to showcase his pure, raw talent in the game and demolish an opponent or two while finding the net. Good luck from your teammates in Minny, Emil. Go break a leg (not your own pls).

Prompt 2: Shiny grab bag + 2 TPE

a. Which of the three Montreal players would have been best addition to either of the teams?

Out of the three Montreal players selected by the ASG committee to be in the ASG draft pool, none really stood out for me as the best pick of the three teammates. The two forwards (Damien Hirano and Jussi Mutou) have very comparable stats, and nothing really sets them apart. Therefore, my vote would go to the defenseman in the mix; Valerija Serapin, just so I don't have to pick between the other two.

e. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, tell us why they were picked.)

Being a defenseman turned forward, Julian is getting used to being overlooked for the all star game. Playing on what appears to be a cursed Minnesota Monarchs team doesn't help either. Julian has been putting on a great show though, keeping pace with the true forwards on the team while playing a considerably better defensive game than most of them.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty
(This post was last modified: 05-27-2024, 06:43 PM by Keven. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:

+3

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3517683

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
b. Nash Topalo and Seamus O'Slapahan were only defencemen picked in top 10. Were they two best options this season? Should there have been more picked early on?
c. Which of the teams could have better top line (center and two wingers), WhiteFuzz with Johnny Wagner-Svenson - Viktor Hargreeves - Antoine Beauregard or JRuke with Erik Bergmark - Derek Martin - Aksel Fiske? Why you think they are better?
d. Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz and Sir Devoir were picked with back to back picks and thus both teams secured their started. Does either side have advantage on net? Back up goalies were picked lot later, do you think they can play role in the game at all?

b. I think these two defensemen are clearly good well-rounded picks to build a solid defensive core to a team and were probably the two best options of the group, but more defense such as Filip Lund or Willow Soderberg-Snooks could've easily been picked up alongside them in the top 10 and be worthy of a high pick.

c. From a pure TPE standpoint it's clear that JRuke has a better top line. Their line has two players hovering around the 2k mark with Fiske lagging behind at 1500 while WhiteFuzz's line has one player at 2k, one at 1800, and Wagner-Svenson matching Fiske at 1500. Having a 200 TPE advantage when line matching will probably be the only advantage between these two lines, but it's the one that matters most.

d. I think it's important to remember that all these players are all stars of the league and are great goalies in their own right. Just because two goalies were picked earlier and two were picked later doesn't mean that the ones picked later will play a strict backup role. I definitely believe all 4 goalies will play an important role.

Code:
7. Written, 2 TPE, How can so many people be so wrong (100 words min.)
Votes are in and rosters finalized, how you feel about the last 4 players that were voted in? Do you think there were more deserving players that were left out or were you surprised to see these players not to be picked in first place? Did player you voted for get in?

It looks like Texas and Philadelphia really showed up in support of their teammates the most here. I think there was definitely at least one more deserving player for the west forward spot which was Oskar Scholz. It's crazy to me that the player second in league scoring and linemate of the first overall all star pick wasn't voted in as the most worthy player to take the final spot. It seems like Scholz was definitely a victim of the system where 3 players from each and every team were initially eligible for the team draft. Rebuilding teams like Montreal and Seattle don't have the same density of all stars on their roster and should probably have fewer eligible players to begin with so extremely deserving players like Scholz don't miss out.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

gm pass

[Image: izzy.PNG]
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2024, 04:40 AM by Katth. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. Milestones - 3 TPE
Link +3 TPE

2. Shiny Grab Bag - 2 TPE
A. I am not sure any of the three Montreal players should have been at the all star game at all. They used to be a great team (when I was there obviously), but they have fallen quite hard and are the worst team in the league right now. I think it's for the best none of them is in.
E. My player should have made the all star game just like all the other all star games that I was snubbed. I am obviously an elite player that brings a lot to the team, but I guess I am just not important enough to be there. I just want to party out there.

3. The Teammate One - 3 TPE
Benson Fiorentini had a career year and he is an obvious choice for the all star game. He is the best team mate you could ask for and he is also a great fun off the ice when we visit the night clubs in down town Tampa Bay. He was our top scorer last season and was in the race for points lead in the league for a long time, but just fell short. It was really great to have been his line mate last season and the previous season before that. I admire his work ethic a lot and it is a great honor that he is on our team. I expect him to score at least a hattrick in the all star game and one of them is a five hole on the goalie. I just want him to have fun out there as the all star game really is a joy to be at.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2024, 03:38 PM by Rtpc31. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3518822 +1 TPE

2e. In my opinion, Rence Sykut had a good enough rookie season to be strongly considered for a spot on the All Star Team. Despite playing for a Seattle team that was in a bottom out year of their rebuild, Rence managed to consistently produce offence with 17 goals and 38 assists for 55 points which means he factored in on a whopping almost 40% of Seattle's 141 total team goals. This is a number even higher than that of the league's leading scorer, Viktor Hargreeves, who only scored or assisted on 35% of San Francisco's team goals. Regardless, Rence is honored to be selected for the Skills Competition and is thrilled for William Salming for making it to his first All Star Game. (123 words) +1 TPE

9. Growing up as the youngest sibling was nothing new for me and I got to relive my childhood this past season. As the first and only rookie called up for the S76 season in the oncoming youth movement in Seattle, I was welcomed with open arms by all of my new big brothers and sisters. It's nerve wracking to play your first professional game centering two legends and champions like Vaseline Podcalzone and William Salming, but they took me under their wing and helped me achieve all of my goals for my rookie season. I held my own as a responsible, but playmaking center amongst the big kids with 55 pts on an admittedly bare bones roster in a bottom out year of the rebuild. I got to be on the ice for Podcalzone's 1000th point. And now I get to cheer on William Salming in his first All-star game while participating in the Skills competition myself. Moving onto my 2nd season, there's many more players my age in the locker room and I hope to be a guy they look up to and rely on as we forge a new page of SHL history together. (196 words) +3 TPE

10. My idea is not so much an award, but an additional mini-tournament with a new trophy for the victors. Each SMJHL team gets to draft a team of their alumni currently playing in the SHL and these teams play each other in a best of 3 elimination playoff tournament to see which junior team can hold the bragging rights of having the greatest crop of currently playing alumni. Plus these players get the rush of playing with their old junior friends once again and rekindling old friendships. In the spirit of never growing old, this tournament can be played for the Peter Pan Cup. This tournament doesn't necessarily have to be held after each season, but possibly every 2 or 4 offseasons to keep the competition fresh and allow for some turnover to occur in between iterations. Who wouldn't want to wear their junior colors again and represent their former squads for bragging rights and endless media opportunities?   (158 words) +3TPE
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2024, 11:59 AM by puolivalmiste. Edited 8 times in total.)

Quote:1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3518833 +3

Quote:2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Which of the three Montreal players would have been best addition to either of the teams?
b. Nash Topalo and Seamus O'Slapahan were only defencemen picked in top 10. Were they two best options this season? Should there have been more picked early on?
c. Which of the teams could have better top line (center and two wingers), WhiteFuzz with Johnny Wagner-Svenson - Viktor Hargreeves - Antoine Beauregard or JRuke with Erik Bergmark - Derek Martin - Aksel Fiske? Why you think they are better?
d. Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz and Sir Devoir were picked with back to back picks and thus both teams secured their started. Does either side have advantage on net? Back up goalies were picked lot later, do you think they can play role in the game at all?
e. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, tell us why they were picked.)

a. I think Valerija Serapin would've deserved a shot at the ASG. It is always a tough ask to be one of the top minute-eating defensemen on a team that is obviously going nowhere in a season, and they did reasonably well under those circumstances. It would be quite interesting to see what they can do with a much different kind of team in front of them.
b. Everybody who gets picked early on in an ASG deserved it in my book, they did enough this season to both earn their place in the game and convince the coaches of the two ASG-teams that they are deserving of an early pick, so who am I to argue with that. Defensemen are always tougher to rate for these kinds of things, so I will trust the experts here.
c. I prefer JRukes team in this case, both due to my homerism in backing my teammate Derek Martin but also because Erik Bergmark and Aksel Fiske are very very good players. Bergmark in particular is one of the brightest young stars in the league right now while Fikse is a super solid veteran presence that has spent most of his career on a not so great Manhattan squad, and who I'm sure is eager to show people what he can do given the right teammates around him.
d. I'll have to go for another homer pick by backing Grzegorz Brzeczyszczykiewicz here but it definitely won't just be about the starters in this one, I expect the back-up goalies to play a role as well. It would be a shame to see them play not at all or just very little, so I hope we can get a game going where all the netminders will get enough ice-time to showcase their skills.
e. Uhm... Because I am old I guess and used to have some great glory days that should totally still be relevant for the voting this time around even though there now are much better players than me, both around the league and on my own team? I'm just kidding of course, but I think my player could've actually done well in this game, given that he is used to playing on stacked teams for the last couple of years but mainly complementing the star players on it at this point of his career.

Quote:4. Written, 3 TPE, It is the draft season (150 words min.)
This season we saw huge changes on how All-Star teams were formed. How do you like the new draft format for all-star teams? Do you think it is good that committee picks the pool from which the players are drafter? Should there be more players from each team on the pool? Are last season cup finalist good picks for selecting the players?

I don't know what exactly has been going on behind the scenes here and to be completely honest, I only learned about these changes when started working on this very All Star Week submission, but so far I like what I've seen. The draft looks interesting and both offers the opportunity to go for great on-ice combinations of players but also allows for more "emotional" picks that are not made for value, but to honor certain players or get them an opportunity to play with certain other people. The skills competition looks like a fun addition as well, it's always nice to give a shout-out to more people, even if they haven't made it on one of the actual teams. I think some people underestimate how hard it is to legitimately make it on an All Star-team and how few chances most players get, so having more ways to appreciate those people that narrowly missed out to one of their teammates is always a good thing.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2024, 12:00 PM by puolivalmiste. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:

+3 TPE

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a) Nobody on Montreal is good. That is why they suck. But I do think that Damien Hirano should have been on one of the two all star teams. Why? He has an impressive minus 73 on the season. And for the all star game all we want to see is goals. It may be goals against, but it sure works.

b) I do think that Nash Topalo and Seamus O'Slapahan are very good players, and a great start to a d-core. But if we are really looking for defensemen, why not Filip Lund and Willow Soderberg-Snooks? Also excellent players. This is the sad reminder that all star games are all about scoring, not the best hockey possible.

c) By TPE it isn't really close, Erik Bergmark - Derek Martin - Aksel Fiske combine for 5.5K TPE, while Johnny Wagner-Svenson - Viktor Hargreeves - Antoine Beauregard are only at 5.3K or so. At the same time, we all know that builds can easily matter just as much, so that extra 200 TPE might not really matter. That's why they play the games everyone.

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, It is the draft season (150 words min.)
This season we saw huge changes on how All-Star teams were formed. How do you like the new draft format for all-star teams? Do you think it is good that committee picks the pool from which the players are drafter? Should there be more players from each team on the pool? Are last season cup finalist good picks for selecting the players?
Season 76 SHL All-Star Rosters and Draft

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Let me do it (150 words min.)
Anyone who was in drafting pool, but was not selected for All-Star game will take part in skill competition instead (and don’t really know what how that will end up looking like). But all of those players got close but ultimately were passed on by GMs making the picks. But what they got wrong? Who from skill competition should have been in All-star game and who would you replace to make room for them?

Code:
6. Graphic, 3 TPE, Get your tickets!
Create an add that tries to sell tickets to All-Star Game, needs to shows few of the top players and highlights the location (New Orleans).

Last Players In

Code:
7. Written, 2 TPE, How can so many people be so wrong (100 words min.)
Votes are in and rosters finalized, how you feel about the last 4 players that were voted in? Do you think there were more deserving players that were left out or were you surprised to see these players not to be picked in first place? Did player you voted for get in?

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE, Fine additions to the team
Create a graphic that showcases the two players who were added to either of the teams with Last Player In votes.

Offseason Fun Time

Code:
9. Written, 3 TPE, Players Tribune (150 words min.)
A popular format of media that has made a resurgence recently due to certain dedicated media writers, The Player's Tribune involves writing from your player's point of view in the 1st person. Write your Player's Tribune about your player's season. How do they feel about their results? Did they achieve their goals? Are they venting out frustration? Are there any moments of the season that were memorable?

Code:
10. Written, 3 TPE, Most Offensive Goalie (150 words min.)
The league has multiple awards, yet there is always room for improvement. What award would you add? Why that award and who it would be named after? Or which of the current awards would you change? How would you change it and why?

Code:
11. Written, 3 TPE, Almost a member (150 words min)
Which of the current players, who were still active during the season 76 has achieved enough that they should make it to the Hall of Fame? Are they already unquestionable first ballot Hall of Famer? Are they still close enough to their prime to make their case better or are they already so far in their career that realistically they are just working on their total career numbers at this point?

Code:
12. Graphic, 3 TPE, Showoff
Create a signature for any of the award winners from this or last season.

Code:
13. Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
- SHL All-Star Game and Roster
- SMJHL All-Star Game and Roster
- Review of Trades and Free Agent signings from this offseason
1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 8 minutes or 4 TPE for 10 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 10 Minutes or 4 TPE for 15 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2024, 10:26 AM by Bfine. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Milestones +3

2c. I absolutely think WhiteFuzz has the better first line. Even with Beauregard as the weak link, the combination of Hargreeves, who had one of the best seasons out of any player this year, and Wagner-Svensson, one of the most underrated players in the league, beats out the JRuke line, which is not a bad first line by any means.

2d. I think Sir Devoir is the better goalie of the two this season. Despite being benched for the playoffs, Devoir had an outstanding regular season and should shut down the opposing offense in the all star game. Grzegorz was not bad by any means, but did struggle in the playoffs and was just overall, at least to me, the second best goalie this season behind Devoir.

11. There’s three I can think of that are good examples and first ballot hall of famers. First is Ryuuji Minamino on Chicago. His career is over 20 seasons long at this point and between multiple cups, gold medals, and scoring records he will definitely make the hall of fame as soon as he is eligible. The next one is Evil Allbran on Philadelphia. A lock due to being the best player at the height of the Forge’s dominance, Allbran is still an elite player in the SHL despite being a S60. His legacy is sealed at this point, much like Minamino. The third one who I think really sealed their first ballot spot this season is Justin Time. The S64 goalie already had a strong case from his time in Edmonton, but moving over to San Francisco and leading them to their franchise’s first cup is first ballot hall of fame worthy without a doubt, and with so much more career ahead of him I wouldn’t be shocked if he retired with 3 or 4 cups.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

GM Pass

[Image: ZIFmexT.png]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE. (+3)

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3517544

9. Written, 3 TPE, Players Tribune (150 words min.) (+3)

Man, how the time flies. Hard to believe but I've just finished my second season in the SMJHL! For those of you unfamiliar, I play for the Anchorage Armada. I wish I could say that the season went to plan for us up in Alaska, but alas, it was not meant to be. With two more teams being added to our league the challenge for us to be champions, as well as all the other teams, has only gotten harder.
With a successful stint in my first ever WJC tournament (silver with Team World) I was determined to improve on my numbers and overall game for my second season.

Before the season had kicked off I managed to achieve one of my goals by being selected to be part of our leadership group and getting an "A" stitched onto my sweater. It's important to me, off and on the ice, to be a leader for my teammates and a good ambassador and representative for the Anchorage (or any team I play for) as a whole. The next challenge will be trying to step that up even more and be named captain. Whether or not that happens with the Armada remains to be seen, but I've still got a lot of years ahead of me to make this happen.
After having been drafted by the Blizzard 13th overall in the S76 draft, I was ready to show what I was capable of. With the pressure off from the draft and more of an opportunity with the Armada, surely it time to put the world on notice. Things don't always go to plan though.

The easy thing to do when analysing development and success for a player from year to year is to look at their stats. And when looking at my own, it's fair to say that I took a step back. My point totals took a downward swing, dropping from the 49 I had in S75 to 37 this past year. You can argue the merits of the +/- statistic, but one of the more upsetting things for myself was posting a -21 after I was 17 the year before. I pride myself with my strong defensive play and I was disappointed that I wasn't able to be better in that regard.
Instead of focusing on the negatives though, there were some bright spots that I'm proud of. I did earn the trust of my coach and earned nearly 3 minutes of ATOI, as well as earning a spot on the powerplay. The next step will be to work even more on my defensive game and be a part of the penalty kill as well.

Lastly, my Game Rating improved and I was tied for first on my team in overall (76) as well as leading in the offensive category (80). A silver lining, I suppose, given the statistical drop and a reason to think that with some better puck luck those goals and assists will start trending the right way going into season 3.
I'm writing this while I'm playing for Czechia in this year's WJC. Oh yeah, that was another thing that happened this year to me as well. As much as I loved my time playing as a member of Team World and as hard as it was making the choice to not try and improve our silver medal from last year, I made the decision to join Team Czechia and work with them to build a competitive team now and in future IIHF events. Hopefully this time next year I'll be telling you all how I won my first gold medal! Until then.

10. Written, 3 TPE, Most Offensive Goalie (150 words min.)  (+3)

Award season. How conflicting. At the end of the day there's only one award that matters, at least if you believe the players. That is, of course, the championship trophy. It doesn't matter which sport or league. You see players win MVPs and they don't really seem to care one bit about it.

Personally, I prefer the awards that are clear cut and don't require any conjecture or interpretation. Most goals, most points, etc. It bothers me that seemingly every year in the NHL the Hart goes to the player with the most points. Perhaps there are times when that is true, but I think the people who vote get tunnel-vision and only look at one stat.

I've gone a bit off topic though. In terms of new awards, I think a great award that the NHL should implement would be one for best personality. In a league that seems content to have everyone conform and act like robots, I think it would be in there best interest to try and push for players to be more outgoing. This could also help in selling the game to people who aren't familiar with hockey and otherwise wouldn't watch.
How would that award work in the SHL/SMJHL? I'm not exactly sure.

Perhaps a better idea for a SHL/SMJHL award could be a Hits Leader or Most Fights. The NHL might have cracked down on hitting and fighting in their league, but the SHL/SMJHL doesn't have any injuries so why not celebrate the goonery of hockey. Heck, you could even have a straight up Goon Award that is a combination of hits, penalty minutes and fighting majors. While the Turd Ferguson for Most PIMS already exists, it could be expanded upon or make another award entirely. I haven't been in this league long enough to know who to name it after, but I'm sure over the years there must be a multitude of legendary goons that would be a good choice.

In regards to the trophy names, I would love if there was a place in the forums that had a write-up about why each award is named what it is. For the newer players in the league (myself included), we don't know who Sarmad Khan or Bojo Biscuit are. Tell us why they were important, please!

[Image: bobdigi9.gif]

1. 3 TPE https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3519042

2. b. 1 TPE 69 words I feel like both captains were feeling each other out on who to pick. If one had started to pick more D, the other would have followed up with their own. I also believe that all the D that made it are powerhouse studs, so picking them early doesn't make much of a difference as they will all have a big impact no matter where you select them.

2 e. 1 TPE 61 words I should always make the All-Star game. It may have been my worst season in awhile, but NOLA as hosting I should get added as Last Man In. I mean, I am going to be in town anyway, I might as well be at the game right? I got some points, blocked some shots, tried my best. LET ME IN!!!

3. 3 TPE 171 words New Orleans had three amazing players make the game in Filip Lund, Surkhi-Ze'ev, and Tingle. I am going to focus on my fellow D man Filip Lund. An amazing season! On the offensive side, finished top 10 in goals, top 15 points, while also finishing amazing on the defensive side at top 10 in blocks and top 15 in TAs as well! What a complete player, who really helped keep our top line together helping on both ends of the ice. Playing L1, PP1, and PK1 can only be done by a special class of players, and Lund is one of those. It is even more impressive that he had those offensive stats considering our team isn't the strongest offensively, and most defenceman above him had a forward line with more points than him. He was a in on an impressive 17% of the teams goals, so without him we would have had even less scoring. Whether scoring goals or stopping them, he was a beast out there.

[Image: NOLA-oiduser.png]