Create Account

NJBadApple Punishment
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2024, 11:04 PM by kahri. Edited 1 time in total.)

Good evening SHL

It was brought to the attention of SHL Head Office that user @NJBadApple has been plagiarizing written PTs by copying and slightly altering other users’ PT responses. After an investigation, it was determined that this offense took place between S71-S77, and included 42 separate PTs (including Championship Week, All Star Week, and mini PT instances) for a total of 171 illegally obtained TPE. 

The minimum rulebook punishment for TPE cheating (Section I, Subsection K, rule 2) is as follows:
Quote:Any Site Member who attempts to cheat by stealing money or TPE will be punished with a $5,000,000 fine, as well as a removal of the money stolen in money-related cases, or a removal of the TPE in TPE-related cases.
Quote:The SHL Head Office reserves the right to levy a harsher punishment based on the severity of the case.

This is an offense that we take extremely seriously, and occurred on an unprecedented level of severity and intent. While we have had punishments for incorrectly claiming TPE in the past, we have not seen a TPE-related offense at quite this level of deliberate and blatant misconduct. This is not only disrespectful to all users who put in the effort to participate in this league by writing PTs, it is also an especially egregious offense towards the individual users whose work was misappropriated for this purpose. The infractions also took place over the span of six full seasons. In light of that, we believe that the punishment for this offense should be harsher than the previous incidents available. 

For these reasons, Head Office has ruled to enact the following punishment:
  • NJBadapple’s player, Mads McBride, will have TPE removed in the amount of 2.5 times the TPE illegally obtained, for a total of 428 TPE.
  • $5,000,000 fine for each full season in which the cheating took place, for a total of $30,000,000.
  • All individual awards earned by Mads McBride during the time frame the cheating took place will be removed. In addition, Mads McBride will not be eligible for Hall of Fame consideration.
  • NJBadApple will be ineligible to complete written PTs (Weekly PT + mPT) including Championship Week and All-Star Week for two seasons (18 weeks) of activity (seasons in which the user does not have an active player will not be counted towards this total).

NJBadApple may send an appeal request to any head of the appeals committee, currently consisting of @DrunkenTeddy and @Leafs4ever.

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60] [Image: kahri.gif][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60]

If you cheat, we will find you. Don’t do it.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

goddamn, what a punishment

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Allegations are true, I have indeed been a bad apple.

My work and home lives have been hell for the past few years and I've used this as a way to have some control through an otherwise nightmare of a life. I'm not making excuses, clearly rules exist for a reason, I'm just filling in the gaps.

I plan to appeal the decision to lesson the damage, not to absolve myself of any guilt. Thanks everyone.

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

LARGEST PUNISHMENT IN SHL HISTORY

Man how hard is it to just do your own PTs lmao

[Image: hw6Eojc.png]

[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

Well that was overly fucking harsh.  Sick

(Mads will always still be the goat)  Renegades

[Image: iQSPFuj.jpeg]
[Image: z6GYaGE.gif]

Hey if you're gonna steal from me at least give me some TPE or Cash*

*I have no idea if they stole from me

[Image: YQkXo45.png]

Damn

5 seconds penalty to Ocon

06-11-2024, 10:24 PMjaypc8237 Wrote: Well that was overly fucking harsh.  Sick

Bit harsh to cheat on 42 separate occasions and use the TPE to win awards and medals innit? Maybe even have knocked out a team in the playoffs that shouldn’t have been Blink

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

06-11-2024, 10:27 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Bit harsh to cheat on 42 separate occasions and use the TPE to win awards and medals innit? Maybe even have knocked out a team in the playoffs that shouldn’t have been  Blink

So who they steal from and can I get some of that 428 TPE and 30 mil?

[Image: YQkXo45.png]

06-11-2024, 10:24 PMjaypc8237 Wrote: Well that was overly fucking harsh.  Sick

It absolutely was not.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

dang yo

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Mizzou gets the death penalty.

Also yeah, that’s a lot

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)