Create Account

S77 PT #2: Bigger, Better, Faster, Stronger Due: Sunday, June 23rd @ 11:59 PM PST

With it only being my 2nd year in the SMJHL, I have definitely come across more skilled and just straight up larger players than me. I personally love when I am playing against those types of players because I like to analyze how they are playing to hopefully learn as much as possible in the moment. I use my work ethic and desire to be the best so the next time I play the same player, they are not having as good of a night. If you're constantly playing teams where you are the best player, you're limiting yourself in your own growth. You want the challenge. It's just as important to utilize your off-season, in-season training, and dieting to build up the size required to play professionally, especially before you make the jump to the SHL. Lastly, just having good chemistry with your team mates makes all the difference. Then when you're out there playing, you're able to change things on a fly easier to counter whatever plays are being effective.

Falcons Canada

PBE Affliate

[Image: 2C932D37-514E-45EA-95D8-45C16F70520B.jpg...cd072524d&]
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2024, 10:01 AM by Tylar.)

option 2

Sad Ketchup is a high skill player so there is not many players more skilled per se, but there are players who are definitely stronger, bigger and tougher to play against than Sad Ketchup. When Sad Ketchup comes up against more physical players in the past he tries to use his skill against them which worked prior to the Simulation Hockey League, but in the Simulation Hockey League the physical players also have a lot of skill so getting by with only skill doesn't work, this is something Sad Ketchup had been adjusting too and working on. Sad Ketchup is currently working on using his teammates more to counter being played physical. This has been a challenge for him but it is something that is getting better and will continue to get better the more Sad Ketchup uses his teammates in these situations. Sad Ketchup will never be a physical player which is why he has had to adjust his game to the Simulation Hockey League.

160 words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM
Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Sad Ketchup -Present
S76 Ryan Jesster Trophy Winner

Written Option 2 
Peyton only knows one way to deal with any opponent regardless of skill or size, to be completely physical on the puck. A more skilled player who has good hands would fall short when Peyton gives the body or uses the stick. If all else fails it’s time to get into the mind games. A cerebral assassin of sorts, Peyton knows how to get into someone’s head during a game. Particularly opposing goaltenders. The goal being to make them lose confidence as soon as possible so they start losing control of the game around them. For those who wish to challenge the physicality, a tactic of slashing or charging is in place. It’s a penalty but it’s one way to see who can really stand after getting hit too hard and seeing if they can make the grind of the rest of the game. It’s a dirty tactic for sure but it’s one way to test who’s really a tough guy on the ice. Worst comes to worst it’s time to drop the gloves

[Image: gageshl.gif]

2: First of all, my player is the toughest in the league so that is not an issue. Posting an undefeated fight record, nobody can touch him. However, there are some strategies he uses for players that are better players than him. Firstly, as one of the penalty leaders in the league, MattyJ tries to get in the opponents head with the occasional spear or 10 minute misconduct. If an opponents is faster, a little trip is in order.If that does not work or he gets too many penalties, the trash talking begins. MattyJ leaves no stone unturned. He studies the opponents before the game to talk trash about their entire life. If the goalie has a negative KD in call of duty, MattyJ will let him know. This is how he gains an edge. Get in their head and get them off their game. It works everytime besides the times it does not work.

[Image: mattyj.png]

Option 1:
NoNo Jo is undergoing a player enhancement program to become the best center in the SHL world. He will have unbreakable bones, unsnappable tendons, and unfathomable strength. No such thing as an injury in his book. Speed will be enhanced with tiny little elves who live inside of his muscles working their  little booties off to make him skate down the ice like lightning. It is rumored that the elves are fueled by dry scoop protein powder that NoNo Jo takes every morning.
The fans are entertained and bewildered by his newfound abilities. Ticket sales start rising exponentially and the stands are filled in every game. The other teams cry, tears of sadness when they see Jo skate into the ice.
 Unfortunately, the SHL cannot release the exact procedures in which these abilities are enhanced due to a copyright and nondisclosure agreement with some of the top scientists in the world.
As far as peak TPE? The limit does not exist, Cady.

[Image: bdDUUbs.jpeg][Image: YbWICYS.png][Image: i3Qgjha.jpeg]

isfl pt

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest

Written Option 1: Your player has been chosen to undergo a player enhancement program à la Captain America in order to create the next super SHL player to make the league more entertaining for fans. How does your player gain their newfound abilities? What sort of superhuman abilities does this program give your player? What would be their peak TPE?

With Tibuk's participation in The Simulation hockey league's new player enhancement program the world has opened up to him. His new found abilities have enabled him to become one of the most undefeatable goals keepers the league has ever seen. His new stretching ability, similar to Mr. Fantastic, has enabled him to make saves and provide net coverage that would otherwise be impossible. It does come with a substantial draw back, that being that just because Tibuk can stretch does not mean his gear can. This has lead to a couple stingers already but the power itself has limitless potential. Tibuk is working with his own clothing brand to try and develop hockey gear and clothing that will further amplify the effectiveness of this power while also providing adequate protection. It is yet to be seen if other participants in the program develop the same powers or if we see a wider array of power. Either way Tibuk industries will continue to make clothing for the clinically gifted.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

If Hugh knows he is out matched he turns to the physical game. He proceeds to throw around his 200-pound six-foot six Frame (or two meters. For you metric people) and generally wears them down to point where the opponent is sore all over and subconsciously begin to rethink setting up in front of the net or going it to the corner. Although to is reflexed in stats not many people like to engage in the game as Hugh only has 28 hits. When Hugh faces a more physical player than himself, he generally get beat up a lot and tries to pass things off to some speedy sniper to move the play away from Hugh’s more physical opponent. He does this with the hope that players like Benjamin Surkhi-Ze'ev, Peter Tingle and dusty Rhodes can do something with the puck and relieve and pressure the goal tender may be receiving. Although when worst comes to worst, he will also pass it off to Walt "Clyde" Frazier.
Words ~167

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

If Hugh knows he is out matched he turns to the physical game. He proceeds to throw around his 200-pound six-foot six Frame (or two meters. For you metric people) and generally wears them down to point where the opponent is sore all over and subconsciously begin to rethink setting up in front of the net or going it to the corner. Although to is reflexed in stats not many people like to engage in the game as Hugh only has 28 hits. When Hugh faces a more physical player than himself, he generally get beat up a lot and tries to pass things off to some speedy sniper to move the play away from Hugh’s more physical opponent. He does this with the hope that players like Benjamin Surkhi-Ze'ev, Peter Tingle and dusty Rhodes can do something with the puck and relieve and pressure the goal tender may be receiving. Although when worst comes to worst, he will also pass it off to Walt "Clyde" Frazier.
Words ~167

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Option 2:

When Wizard is faced off against a top player you can often see him freeze up on the ice as if there is an insurmountable wall in front of him but in reality... He is planning on how to approach this wall and how to best accelerate the teams abilities. Wizard has been magical on the ice with the majority of his points coming from assists finding holes in the defense that even the defense is not aware of and his ability to fabricate a plan in minutes does wonders for the team. Against a more physical opponent, Wizard utilizes his ability to move the puck around to the wings to avoid having to go one on one against this physical player causing them to focus more on skating while Wizard can focus on the attack. Wizard does have a secret weapon but that is his teammates as he utilizes them to make the best possible out come at every turn.

[Image: IsJIh5s.png?format=webp&width=872&height=1066]

Option 2

Dusty Rhodes basically plays against more skilled players every time he plays. In order to overcome these players, Dusty basically out works them and out hustled them. It's all about desire. Most of the more skilled players rely on that skill to get them by and have a tendency to get lazy at points during the game. Dusty notices these and that's when he turns it up a notch and he usually is able to get over on them and make a play. Once he does this it frustrates the better players into making mistakes, giving up a play to an inferior opponent. Dusty once again is able to take advantage and make a play for his team. He's made a career out of frustrating the more skilled players. It's sometimes more about heart and resend no-one in the Who epitomizes that more than Dusty Rhodes. And that's just fine by big Dusty, he'll take that any day.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

I think the only way to give my player those super abilities would have to be in the most hockey way possible. It should be involving like cold water or ice, a la Walt Disney. Freeze me in some sort of capsule with the liquid having the medicine that can enter my veins and the medicine is only in the system when it reaches some sort of temperature, this cold temperature that is not even available in Cryogenic practices.

I think for the powers that would be nice to have would have to do with Cardio, Hand-Eye, Strength and maybe even speed. The cardio in order to be able to work at 100% every single shift and not get tired. The speed to be able to skate like Connor McDavid at every single moment of the game would make the game a lot easier for players. Hand-Eye not only for deflectios but also for the stick handling, and being able to see and read the ice and how the puck is able to go in certain areas and dangle certain ways. And the strength aspect I would say just for the fact of not being pushed off the puck, having the balance to not be affected by the plays of the game like stick checks or checkings and that kind of stuff.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

Written Option 2: 

Kevin Kim is not the most physical player in the league, quite the opposite. However, his handling skills can help greatly when going against a more physical player. Usually, a physical player goes for the hits all of the time, especially when they can't beat their opponent with skill, but with the addition of Kevin's speed and his good puck handling skills, he stands a chance of escaping. If the other player is more skillful than Kevin, he usually relies on his teammates to do the dirty work but in some cases, (unless their a superstar), Kevin can sneakily get the stick in between the legs and hook the puck out. However this is not efficient enough to use it all the time because of a risk of a penalty.  

[Image: hbtB38x.png][Image: Screenshot_2024-07-25_171622.png?ex=66a4...56461ae57&]
                               Canada Knights Monarchs Thank you Enigmatic and Jaypc8237 for the sigs!  Monarchs Knights Canada
                                                                      [Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Monarchs Knights [Image: YADp0uU.png] 

Option 2

Reading this question you would think it only involves a forward going against a defenseman or vice versa. But goalies also have to battle in their blue paint against screeners. See this is one thing Henri Losanov was always good at in juniors. He was always taller than the other kids growing up. At 6'7 244 lbs at the SHL level you would think he still has it easy to track the puck at all time. That's where you are wrong, there are so many men and women listed at 6'9 300 lbs it's ridiculous. Those forwards are so big and strong they can just park in front of Henri and there is nothing he can do about it. He has to trust his defensemen to clear them out of the way but it is easier said than done. A good ole blocker punch in the back used to work but not against these mutants.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]