Create Account

S77 SMJHL PT #5 - MVP Due: Friday, July 12th @ 11:59 PM PST

The Ideen Fallah Trophy for MVP as decided by the Awards Committee is the most coveted individual award in the juniors league. Who is on track to win it this season?

Written Option: Which players are in the running for league MVP? (150 words min.)

Graphic Option: Create a graphic comparing the top 3 MVP contenders. Must include team logos and renders.

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all the requirements for any of the options. (You only need to do one of the options to get the credit and wont get additional credit even if you do more than one).

All responses are due on Friday, July 12th at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Reminder that Discord only hosts images for very limited time so you should use something else for hosting images.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB or SSL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.

If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

Only S77 SMJHL rookies (S78 SHL draftees) are eligible for this task.
If your player is S79 SHL draftee (shown after name on portal), this is not for you.

PT pass

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

pt pass

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

The Fallah race should be interesting this season as the two forwards who had the best seasons are extremely close in many ways. This of course being the Lavoie twins, Edouard and Mia. They had almost the same amount of points, with Mia being a goal scorer and Edouard as playmaker, both had the same amount of points from the power play, Edouard had more takeaways and fewer giveaways but Mia had more hits and blocked shots. In the end I'd give the edge to Edouard by a razor thin amount, due to time on the penalty kill as well as doing well in the faceoffs circle, but either one winning it would be well deserved, and a win overall for the Maine Timber. I'd also give an honourable mention to Detroit goalie Anastasia Soderstrom for an amazing .916 season, definitely the clear Robinson winner for me, but unfortunately goalies are rarely contenders to win the Fallah.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]
Portal
Portal

The simple fact of the matter is that we live in an offense-focused league, with an offense-focused mindset. With that in mind, the two players who stand out above all others are Edouard Lavoie with 101 points (35 goals and 101 assists), and Mia Lavoie with 49 goals and 51 assists for 100 points. Of the two, Mia Lavoie most likely has the edge: she scored more goals, was an absolutely devastating power play sniper. The only real shot against either of them is that they were, at the end of the day, fundamental to each-other's success, and short of allowing them to split the award you run into the age-old debate: is it more important to set up the play, or finish it?

With that in mind, we'll offer a separate option: Bean Beanman Jr, who scored 38 goals and 56 assists to end the season with 94 points. He wasn't as good as any one thing as either of the two Lavoie's, but he also wasn't constructed in a laboratory to play perfectly with his line. Instead, his best offensive partner in Mary Hollywood had twelve less points than him.

In either of the three presented options, you're probably walking away with a strong winner. It just comes down to whether you prefer a player who elevates his line, or players who work in tandem as a perfect one-two punch.

[Image: hqBRlWW.png]
Berserkers Blizzard Usa

Code:
The Ideen Fallah Trophy for MVP as decided by the Awards Committee is the most coveted individual award in the juniors league. Who is on track to win it this season?

Written Option: Which players are in the running for league MVP? (150 words min.)

This season’s MVP seems to be a family affair, which makes it quite fun to follow. The top two point getters were within one point of each other, and they happen to be twins. It was an incredible season for the Lavoie twins with the Maine Timber. It will be a tough task to argue for anyone else who deserves this award. They bother were absolutely dominant this season. Mia Lavoie posted a 100 points season, sporting 49 goals and 51 assists while Edouard Lavoie registered a 101 point season, posting 35 goals and 66 assists. Mia led the league in goals with their 49, while Edourd led the league in points at 101 and assists at 66. It is likely a two horse race, however you can call me a homer if you want, but Jean-Jacques Francois Jacques-Jean needs to be considered as well. How could you not include this other pivotal member of the Maine Timber. Tied for third in the league in points with 94, including 32 goals and the second most assists in the league with 62, just to put a capper on an incredible season for the Timber.

193 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

I think the obvious answer to this questions would be one of the Lavoie siblings as they dominate the league in Points/Goals/Assists and are a big reason why Maine is playing such a fantastic season.
That said, if you lock at their team overall you will notice that they are well rounded all over the place and currently clinch the Top 9 +/- spots while having multiple players in every other category as well. Not wanting to undersell the Lavoie's efforts, we might want to look at players who carry their team on their back, rather than being part of  a well-oiled machinery, which leads me to Jason Warwaha, who is far and away the only Berseker player to appear (quite high too) on the leaderboards of the more important categories.
A shoutout should be made to Anastasia Soderstrom, the Detroit goaltender who has an insane amount of Goals Saved Above Average and boasts the highest SV% in the league.

As a timber myself its quite obvious im excited to see who is going to win the Ideen Fallah Trophy. The frontrunners for the trophy are pretty much all timber with the Lavoie twins being the top 2 favourites to win it. They both finished the season with triple digit points, but I feel like Mia is the number one favourite, because she was the one who was scoring the goals in this twin duo. Usually the deciding factor in these type of close favourites is the one who has more goals gets slight edge over the other favourites. Especially here when they both play for the same team and even in the same line. With Lavoie twins being the clear favourites, the 3rd nomination is most likely going to be their linemate Jean-Jacques Francois Jacques-Jean or Regina's forward Bean Beanman Jr who both were tied 3rd place in points.

Without a doubt, there is one player among the rest that is a stand out, at least in my eyes, for MVP, and that is none other then Maine's own Edouard Lavoie. Besides the fact he leads the league in points, at 101, he also leads the league in assists at 66 (duh), and obviously he's top 15 in goals scored at 35. Amazing feats for this man, but lets look a little bit deeper. He's #3 in Plus/Minus at 50, and has a 57.7% win rate at the faceoff circle. He also has done most of his damage even strength, with 68 of his 101 points coming at even strength time. While a ding against him would be his penalty minutes, as he was also right on the outside of the top 15 with 54 of them, it's hard to overlook everything else that he has done to be concerned about that.

(160 words)

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]

Questions like this just make me look at stats and that's boring, but whatever. Here I am. Timber is all over the leaderboard so I'm going to focus on someone else from Regina. No surprise but Bean Beanman Junior, son of Bean Beanman should get the nod. He's well ahead of his teammates in terms of points, the closest is twelve points away. The center is a workhorse and while his numbers are not staggering by any stretch, he's been productive. He doesn't lead in goals but he has a whopping 56 assists and averaging well over a point per game. The shooting percentage isn't as good as Hollywood's but enough of the pucks end up where they should. The giveaways and takeaways are about even. At the end of the day, Bean has been on the ice for a lot of Regina's success and while it isn't entirely on their shoulders, I think the team is worse off if Bean isn't there.

[Image: v1uynGf.png]

Highlanders Patriotes

Renegades  raiders  Finland
[Image: WuTGq5J.png]

When it comes to season MVPs, it's tough to not say that the top point scorer is in the running so in this case it is Edouard Lavoie with 101 points. Edouard Lavoie played both the powerplay and penalty kill for the Maine Timber and ended up leading the league in assists with 66 assists, 4 more than the next highest. However, if you think goals are more important than assists, than you need to look no further than Mia Lavoie who plays on the same line and team as Edouard, minus the penalty kill time. Mia is just one point behind Edouard Lavoie with 100 points, but leads the league in goals with 49 goals, 3 more than the next highest. For me, I like to say the player that is the team's clear point leader is one to look at in terms of MVP so for me it's the Regina Elk's Bean Beanman Jr who is 3rd in the league in points with 94 and has 12 points over the next closest Elk.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

There are quite a few players who have an argument to win the IIdeen Fallah Trophy for MVP this season. You have Mia and Edouard Lavoie moving like the prime Sedin twins as they took top two in scoring on an absolute stacked Maine Timber team. You also have Bean Beanman Jr. who had an amazing year on the Regina Elk as the only non-Timber player in the top 5 of scoring. My argument for the deserving winner however is Detroit Falcons goalie, Anastasia Soderstrom. Soderstrom led all goalies in save percentage with .916% and by far led all goalies in goals saved above average with 35.84, 11.09 goals saved above the next best goalie. This amount is also the most any goalie has had since Jeff Newman in Season 68. These 36 goals saved above average turned the Falcons goal differential from a great +44 to a middle of the pack +8. If the award is to the player most valuable to their team then Soderstrom has as strong a case as anyone.

The top three players in the SMJHL this season, and the top three players in contention for MVP are probably just the three players with the best statlines. That means I'm looking at the Goalie with the most wins, the player with the most goals, and the player with the most points. I will rank them from my favorite to win MVP to my least favorite of the three.

1. Mia Lavoie - The player with the most goals this season is my pick to win MVP, they scored 49 goals, and were 2nd in points, 3rd in shots, 6th in +/-, 2nd in Power Play Goals and 10th in Assists.

2. Edouard Lavoie - Was #1 in points, and had an astounding 66 assists, which was 4 more than 2nd, they were 3rd in +/-, and 6th in shorthanded goals.

3. Shotty McStopper - This goalie had 35 wins on the season which is 2 more wins than the 2nd best goalie, Shotty also played 50 games this season and saved 18.79 goals above average which puts them in the top 10 of that category. They are also 5th in saves, and 10th in save percentage this season.

Code:
196 Words

Did Ya Get It?

[Image: OwNf3O9.gif]

Bean Beanman Jr - Beans may be small, but this one has come up large. Beanman is the only non-Maine Timber player in the top 5 scorers this season, and the only Regina Elk in the top ten, with the next highest teammate 12 points back.

Jason Warhawa - Second in goal scoring with 46 markers this season, Jason's next highest teammate is ranked 37th with only 29. Jason has been playing an exhausting 22:43 a night. His back must be sore.

Matviy Cajabi - A true example of two-way excellence Cajabi owns both the league's best GF/60 and GA/60. I recognize that teammates have something to do with it, but dominance in both categories is too much to overlook. EDIT: it seems I sorted incorrectly and unduly credited Cajabi for not allowing shots. This will forever stain my journalistic reputation.

Chopper Donquixote - The best CF% of a defenseman not buoyed by the team wide dominance of MET.

Call me biased but I do not think any goaltenders stood out enough to nominate.

PBE Affiliate PT

[Image: tcMCGba.png]