Create Account

S77 Championship Week Due: Sunday, July 28th @ 11:59 PM PST

[Image: Texas-min.png]
VS
[Image: NewEngland-min.png]

Here are this season's tasks for CW. The maximum is 8 TPE. Mix and match whatever tasks you desire, but the maximum TPE to be earned from this is 8.

The deadline is Sunday, July 28th at 11.59PM PST
Please, add at least the prompt number, wordcount and TPE gained to all of your answers; it makes it much easier to grade and track.
This PT is for SHL players and send-downs only. If your player is S78 or S79, that's not you.
One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE,  WSBL, SSL, or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE! *if you’re claiming this and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*
Please feel free to PM with any questions or concerns.

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

CW TRIVIA LINK

Writing Prompts

For all written prompts you will gain 1 TPE for every 50 words written up to a 200 words / 4 TPE from single prompt.
Include at least prompt number, wordcount and TPE gained to each of your answers

Code:
Written, 50 to 200+ words each. Short Prompts
2. Lasse Zeigler and Nathan Cormier each come into these finals tied for the most assists in these playoffs at 21. Who do you think will have more impact as a playmaker in this series?
3. Ivan Lacksamus is once again leading his team in points and has already tied Aaron Wilson’s record for career playoffs points at 242. While they are not the only one in New England to be producing points, do you think Texas should worry about Lacksamus who seems completely unaffected by their age?
4. Hodor and Seamus O'Slapahan have both been important parts of their teams offensive but they also have a noticeable lead in blocked shots in the playoffs. We know that one goal can change the game so each block is one puck on goal less to worry about, but can one person do it all or should the rest of their teams follow their example and start focusing more on blocking shots?
5. Olof Karsikko stands miles ahead of the league these playoffs in goals saved above average at 19.76 while Anthony Dionne is actually in the negatives at -0.90. Do you think Texas is at a major goalie disadvantage? Why or why not?
6. This time it is not one on one. Who will win in a fight between a group of renegades or pack of wolves? How does the fight go?
7. This time for J: Who you got? Who wins the Four Star Cup? Why?

Code:
8. Written, 50 to 200+ words. New Challenger Arises
New England has been one of the top teams in the league for all of the 70s, winning two cups during their four finals appearances. While Texas has not had finals appearance since they won the Cup in S62. Based on regular season standings you could think that Texas comes in with the advantage but last time New England went to the finals after they finished regular season at 9th they won the cup and in general they have lot more experience from the finals. Do you think that New England can take advantage of their experience or is this just another series with clean slate for both teams? Who you got? Who wins the Challenge Cup? Why?

Code:
9. Written, 50 to 200+ words. One Step Closer
After long last Minnesota managed to make their way to second round, but were not able to push further just yet. Since switching to FHM we have had multiple teams that have won the cup but there are still quite few teams that haven't been able to make it all the way. Baltimore, Calgary, Manhattan, Minnesota, Montreal, Tampa Bay and Toronto have not won the Challenge Cup during the FHM era, some have been close, but which one you think will be the next one to win and why do you pick them over the others?

Code:
10. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Blast From The Past
Pick either of the teams currently in the finals. Which player had to overcome the most adversity to get where they are at now? What did they have to endure before finally getting their crack at the Cup? Include some specific situations that player experienced en-route to the Cup finals, whether this season or at some point during their career.

Code:
11. Written, 50 to 200+ words. One Season Closer to Retirement
One season behind all of us. How did your player perform compared to your expectations? What do you expect from next season? Are you being hit by regression so hard that anything close to this season's performance would be a win in your books? Or maybe you are reaching your peak, in either of the leagues and hope to compete for some awards?

Code:
12. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Old Reliable IIHF Analysis
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around? Did last season's results surprise you and how much do you expect them to change this time?

Code:
13. Written, 50 to 200+ words. National Rivalry
Which team do you see as your main rival in either IIHF or WJC? Maybe it is the closest neighboring country or someone who you have met in the playoffs countless times? Or maybe your team got split for WJC and you now have eternal hatred for the other team or the other way around, did your teams get merged and you want to show to your old partners in IIHF why they were bringing you down? Do you think that most of your team agrees with your pick or is it for more personal reasons?

Code:
14. Written, 50 to 200+ words.- The Procrastinator Special!
Looks like [TEAM] won Season 77! Who won and why? What could the other team have done differently to change the result? What was your favorite part of the series?

TPE scale reminder:
50-99 words, 1 TPE
100-149 words, 2 TPE
150-199 words, 3 TPE
200+ words, 4 TPE

Graphics and Podcasts

Code:
15. Graphic, 3 TPE, Together Forever
Create an image that shows at least 4 members of either finalist celebrating with the Challenge Cup.

Code:
16. Graphic, 3 TPE, Other Side Of The Coin
Some of the championship merch needs to be ready when the last game of the finals end and thus there is often merch for the losing team too that needs to vanish. Create an image that shows at least three people wearing championship clothing of the losing teams from past 5 or so seasons.

Code:
17. Graphic, 3 TPE, The Lineup
Create an image that shows the starting lineup for your IIHF team, needs to include at least a head shot of 5 skaters and the goalie.

Code:
18. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Congratulations, graphics-master procrastinator! Much like the written-word-loving procrastinator, you too have a special task! Create a post-series splash screen detailing the outcome of the series, or highlighting the player that you think should be playoff MVP. Include at least 3 stats!

Code:
19. Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
-The S77 Challenge Cup series
-The S77 Four Star Cup series
-An S77 IIHF preview
1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 8 minutes or 4 TPE for 10 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 10 Minutes or 4 TPE for 15 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.

THIS IS DUE SUNDAY, JULY 28TH , AT 23:59 PST.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Offseason Pass!

[Image: h1VQUxn.png]

GM PASS!

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

Prompt 1 Verification word: Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Trevor "The Tijuana Tornado" Lopez

[Image: mkzrdyk.png]

Quote:12. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Old Reliable IIHF Analysis
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around? Did last season's results surprise you and how much do you expect them to change this time?

I'll be looking at IIHF and not WJC, because that's where I play and where I'm also a fed head. I don't think expectations for my player are that relevant or even something I'll be looking at. Goalies - as we all know - rely almost entirely on the team that plays in front of them so looking at the team is more important. Expectations for team Finland are, pretty much as every year, to win a medal, preferably gold, but we'll be happy with silver or bronze too. The team is currently a good mix of older, experienced players who have won medals in the past and younger ones who are still looking to win their first. Finland has never been particularly bad during round robin, we even won it in S75, but we still need to make noise in the medal rounds where we've been a little quiet lately. Looking at the other teams I think we definitely have the roster to beat any of them, we just need a little FHM luck on our side. In the end I can't say that I'm watching out for any team in particular, but I'm looking forward to what Switzerland can do since they have been pretty good lately, especially after being not very good for a while before that. It's been an up and down for them, so I'm really curious what they will do this tournament.

236 words
4 TPE

Quote:13. Written, 50 to 200+ words. National Rivalry
Which team do you see as your main rival in either IIHF or WJC? Maybe it is the closest neighboring country or someone who you have met in the playoffs countless times? Or maybe your team got split for WJC and you now have eternal hatred for the other team or the other way around, did your teams get merged and you want to show to your old partners in IIHF why they were bringing you down? Do you think that most of your team agrees with your pick or is it for more personal reasons?

This one is relatively easy and it doesn't even come close. Finland's biggest IIHF rival is and always has been: Sweden. I'm pretty sure that everyone on the team sees it the same way and likely even everyone on the Swedish team, but I can't speak for them. This probably originates in the IRL equivalent of our two simulated teams, but it hasn't stopped in the SHL world. The two countries are neighbors and both have been very good, each country winning multiple medals recently, so it's no surprise they're rivals. It's actually quite funny how they were put together again in the WJC as one team after having their own teams and I'm not sure anyone is really happy about it.
Let's look at some of their matches to describe the rivalry during the FHM era. Finland came back from a long, long era of not even making the medal rounds while Sweden saw themselves there more regularly, but also without too much success. It all changed in the S60s. In S62 Finland beat Sweden in the quarter-finals but didn't make it very far after that. A year later, in S63, they did it again and eventually went on to win gold. In S64 Finland met Sweden in the finals and won gold. In S68 it was the other way around, they met again in the finals, but this time Sweden won gold. So far it looks pretty even. In S73 Sweden kicked out Finland in the semi-finals already, but Finland still won bronze while Sweden got themselves another gold medal. The next season. in S74. Finland kicked out Sweden in the quarter-finals, but again didn't manage to win any medals in the end. I think right now Finland is due to meet Sweden again in the finals and win another gold. Either way, it is an interesting rivalry.
You could argue that another big rival is Canada, because Finland has met them twice in the finals too and won both times and even won a bronze medal playing them, but Canada hasn't had the same success against Finland, so it's not quite comparable. Others worth mentioning could be Norway and Japan.

363 words
4 TPE

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

CW pass

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

CW Pass

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60] [Image: kahri.gif][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60]

CW pass

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: LSZLcjq.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Manhattan Rage | Czechia

[Image: 8NuVFvj.png]

SMJHL HO CW Pass

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]
[Image: IyckvZg.png]

GM pass

[Image: macgriddlesig.png?ex=6531467b&is=651ed17...9ee2d84f&=]
Finland  Stars  Berserkers

GM Pass

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png][Image: augr5GV.jpeg]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, tweedledunn, and jaypc8237 for sigs

CW Pass

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

GM Pass

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
 [Image: 5tu6.png] [Image: bdzv.jpeg]

cw pass