Create Account

S77 Championship Week Due: Sunday, July 28th @ 11:59 PM PST

Gm pass

cw pass

[Image: TRVzgUB.png][Image: dEdEwDx.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

UsaUsaMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Verification Word: go leafs

11. Written, 50 to 200+ words. One Season Closer to Retirement
One season behind all of us. How did your player perform compared to your expectations? What do you expect from next season? Are you being hit by regression so hard that anything close to this season's performance would be a win in your books? Or maybe you are reaching your peak, in either of the leagues and hope to compete for some awards?
Coming into this season Wally wanted to call up Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava but he wanted to give Yukon one last season before he ran out of junior eligibility. It ended up being the best decision of Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava’s career as he was responsible for approximately forty percent of the team’s points in Yukon and finished his junior career with his best season being in the top ten in points and likely earning himself an all star nomination.

13. Written, 50 to 200+ words. National Rivalry
Which team do you see as your main rival in either IIHF or WJC? Maybe it is the closest neighboring country or someone who you have met in the playoffs countless times? Or maybe your team got split for WJC and you now have eternal hatred for the other team or the other way around, did your teams get merged and you want to show to your old partners in IIHF why they were bringing you down? Do you think that most of your team agrees with your pick or is it for more personal reasons?
The team that Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava sees as my main rival in the IIHF tournament has to be team indepdent Russia. For Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava Ukraine is his heart, his identity, his passion, his heritage, his family and his blood having grown up in Ukraine. The reason why Ukrainians worldwide like Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava are so fiercely proud and protective of their culture, identity and country is because they are the children of their ancestors who have survived multiple ethnic cleansing attempts by various Russian leaders who have conducted failed attempts to eradicate the Ukrainian people throughout the centuries. As such, Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava sees anyone associated with Russia even the independent Russian hockey team as a rival and someone who represents a threat to his identity. Ukrainians including Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava continue to stand strong with their Ukrainian brothers and sisters across the world who at any cost will stand up against Putin’s oppression and Russia’s war against Ukraine. At the end of the day Slava Ukraini in English translates to "Glory to Ukraine" and Heroyam Slava translates to "Glory to the heroes" and Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava hopes to bring glory to Ukraine by defeating independent Russia in the IIHF.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2024, 09:09 PM by JamesT.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

BTS +3

Code:
Written, 50 to 200+ words each. Short Prompts
2. Lasse Zeigler and Nathan Cormier each come into these finals tied for the most assists in these playoffs at 21. Who do you think will have more impact as a playmaker in this series?
3. Ivan Lacksamus is once again leading his team in points and has already tied Aaron Wilson’s record for career playoffs points at 242. While they are not the only one in New England to be producing points, do you think Texas should worry about Lacksamus who seems completely unaffected by their age?
4. Hodor and Seamus O'Slapahan have both been important parts of their teams offensive but they also have a noticeable lead in blocked shots in the playoffs. We know that one goal can change the game so each block is one puck on goal less to worry about, but can one person do it all or should the rest of their teams follow their example and start focusing more on blocking shots?
5. Olof Karsikko stands miles ahead of the league these playoffs in goals saved above average at 19.76 while Anthony Dionne is actually in the negatives at -0.90. Do you think Texas is at a major goalie disadvantage? Why or why not?
6. This time it is not one on one. Who will win in a fight between a group of renegades or pack of wolves? How does the fight go?
7. This time for J: Who you got? Who wins the Four Star Cup? Why?

2. Since I'm writing this point after 4 games, and TEX is up in the series 3-1, Lasse Zeigler thus far has had more impact compared to New England's Nathan Cormier in the cup finals. While both have produced a lot of assists these playoffs, it only matters which team ends up winning the cup and unless NEW pulls off a major comeback, it looks like TEX has this series in lock. 

(71 words) +1

3. Some players are just blessed by the FHM gods and that seems to be the case for Ivan Lacksamus, Aaron wilson on Hamilton was the king when we switched over to FHM 6 in S53 and seemingly at will put up points at ease. Since Aaron Wilson has retired, we now have NEW's Ivan Lacksamus who easily puts up points like its nobody's business as well. There have been many times where I have seen coaches try to shut down a certain player but a lot of the times that comes at the expense of exposing your other lines as well and usually does work in that team's favour. 

(109 words) +2

4. Hodor and Seamus O'Slapahan have been shot blocking machines for a lot of their careers (whoever gets to draft any of these two in fantasy is extremely happy) we are super lucky to not have injuries on for our sim engine, since blocking the amount of shots these two have would definitely end a person's career. In the playoffs it is not only about one individual but rather a whole team effort so if everyone could chip and get in front of a puck that would alleviate the need for Hodor or Seamus to sacrifice their body. If you see your top players blocking a shot that sends a message to everyone on their team they need to start getting in front of the puck and making sure pucks don't make it through the goalie. 

(135 words) +2

Total: 8/8 TPE

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: aRCIyeu.png]
[Image: kILVP74.png] [Image: vokU6Ra.png] [Image: eP8F2Ne.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

CW Pass

[Image: sam-volta-sig-0901.png]

GM Pass

[Image: ZIFmexT.png]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

gm pass

[Image: NYR73.gif]
sigs from @sulovilen @_Blitz_ @Ragnar and @enigmatic

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png] [Image: cEbgUph.png]

CW Pass

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

1. Trivia

Word: Specters

Everyone loves rooting for the underdogs, right? In this case, the better team, at least according to the standings, is the underdogs, right? Texas had an excellent season and is showing some flashes of greatness this postseason. New England has been here before, and quite a bit, but they had a rougher go during the regular season. Texas looks like the better team on paper and statistically, but you cannot count New England out. They have the experience and the will to always make it interesting. In my mind, this is Texas’ cup. They are just overall better and have not been here in a while.
[106 - 2 TPE]

I am not going to sugar coat it, I am disappointed this past season. I thought for sure Luca would be much better on the top line as the sniper, but unfortunately, that was not the case. It sucks seeing your hard work not amount to anything. I am not sure why FHM values centers more than wingers, but the sim going to sim. The only good thing about this past season is seeing my player grow and securing that 2K tpe for the first time in my history on the site. Which will probably be my last time getting to 2K. Statistically, Luca did not have a bad season. 20 goals and 41 assists in 66 games is not bad. It should be higher, but it is not bad. I’m hoping next season something changes, otherwise I do not see the point in trying to build a scoring machine who does not score.
[153 - 3 TPE]

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

Code:

Verification word: wordle
3 TPE

Code:
One season behind all of us. How did your player perform compared to your expectations? What do you expect from next season? Are you being hit by regression so hard that anything close to this season's performance would be a win in your books? Or maybe you are reaching your peak, in either of the leagues and hope to compete for some awards?

Jaromir Jagrbomb had a bit of an underwhelming season compared to what I expected. At least in terms numbers. Interestingly in the three seasons in the SHL so far the points scoring trend has been negative. 46 points in the first, 42 in the second and 38 in the third season. 31 assists in all, but goal-scoring has dropped gradually (15 -> 11 -> 7). This is a worrying trend, as Jagrbomb is aiming to be an offensive threat. Expected goals for/against has remained roughly the same. The only numbers that have been getting better are Corsi and Fenwick, both of which got in the positive figures (CF% Rel and FF% Rel) for the first time this season. But we’re still a few seasons away from Jagrbomb’s peak, and by then the team around him will also be a lot better, so there’s good things in the horizon. Still, next season we should see a change in the direction, and I’m expecting another 10+ goal season.

(166 words - 3 TPE)

Code:
12. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Old Reliable IIHF Analysis
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around? Did last season's results surprise you and how much do you expect them to change this time?

Finland has a fairly young team for the IIHF tournament, so even without looking at other
teams, there’s at least no pressure to succeed. Jagrbomb as a S72 is pretty much the average age, so it’s an interesting dynamic. We have a few legendary veterans such as Hinata, Rashford, Truck and O’Neil, a big bunch of youngsters and only a couple players in their prime age. Last season we fell to Japan in the first round, which was a disappointment. Hopefully we’ll go further this season. From other teams, I’d expect last seasons’ finalists Switzerland and Canada to be strong again. Maybe we’ll meet one of those teams in the playoffs.

(111 words - 2 TPE)

[Image: sulov.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2024, 09:12 AM by Tylar. Edited 4 times in total.)

Code:

Sad

3 TPE

Code:
Code:
2)
Lasse Zeigler and Nathan Cormier are both great playmakers but I would probably pick Texas Renedages Lasse Zeigler to have a greater impact in this series, mostly due to the fact I would argue that his team the Texas Renegades is stronger and better than Patrice Cormier's, but Cormier could flip the series in favour of the New England Wolfpack fairly easily.
(60 words) 1 TPE

3)
I think the Texas Renegades should be worried about Ivan Lacksamus as a player because even though he is aging is still has it which is shown by his numbers on the stat sheet and the history books. He takes over games and could easily flip the series to New England's favour single handily as he has done all year long. (60 words) 1 TPE

Code:

This season for Sad Ketchup was good, he came into this season trying to prove he belongs in the league after winning the Ryan Jesster trophy last season for the Rookie of the Year. Sad Ketchup's expectations this season were to improve on last seasons performance of 31 goals, 42 assists for 72 points in 66 games. This season Sad Ketchup did very well scoring a 48 goals, 38 assists for 86 points in 66 games which was an improvement on his rookie season. He also had a lower plus/minus score, more shots and more ice time. Sad Ketchup in his career in the minors was always more of a playmaker, but it appears his scoring ability is starting to take off. Sad Ketchup is still getting better in this league and has a few more seasons to go until he peaks, but is off to a good start at becoming an all-star in this league. The Syndicate are getting better each season which will only improve Sad Ketchup's performance in the league. Next season Ketchup is looking to break 90 points, and an amazing season will see 50 goals! Sad Ketchup has been great so far in the Simulation Hockey League but next season will prove if he is just a fluke or the real deal. The former Ryan Jesster winner is looking to put his stamp on the league. (220 words) (4 TPE)

Total TPE Earned: 8/8

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM
Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Sad Ketchup -Present
S76 Ryan Jesster Trophy Winner
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2024, 09:47 AM by Salming. Edited 1 time in total.)

VF word: Borje

Salming William had a solid season as an Argonaut. He managed to be a useful middle-six winger still in his old years. He achieved 600 career assists and sits also almost in 300 career goals. I guess he has now 298 career goals. Next season is his 20th SHL season and maybe the last one. We will see if he can still score 20 goals ans 25 assists one more time. Only time will tell.

12. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Old Reliable IIHF Analysis
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around? Did last season's results surprise you and how much do you expect them to change this time?

Team Finland is always a medal contender. Last season it failed to win a medal. It was a disappointment. This time they can go all the way and not lose early in the playoffs. There are some youths coming up and ready to take bigger role. So, I would like to guarantee that it will be a better hockey team this year but in sports in general everything can happen and puck luck has a huge role too so I can not do that. I can just promise that it will give themselves a chance to win and hockey gods will then decide afterwards if it really wins or not a medal. Carpet in the net gives it a chance to beat other powerhouses every year. It is up to skaters and coaches to perform well too. When it comes to other teams, I expect big powerhouses like Canada, USA and Sweden dominate the event too year after year. The hockey culture is so deep in those countries so they should contend for medals every season. Simply no excuses. Teams like Ireland, Japan and UK should not celebrate at all in the international stage. Maybe home team Independent Russia always improves from poor last seasons.

Words: 200+

[Image: salming.png]

Code:

Participation (I just threw random answers just to guarantee that even if either of my word counts get docked I get full TPE. Thank you.)

Code:
6. This time it is not one on one. Who will win in a fight between a group of renegades or pack of wolves? How does the fight go?

Well this one very much depends on what you mean by renegades. I am not going to directly quote Merriam Webster as I believe that would negatively impact word count, but suffice to say they list two options for the noun renegade. The first I do not think stands a good chance against a pack of wolves as they are unlikely to remain loyal to each other whereas the wolves will work as a cohesive unit thus giving them the easiest path to victory. In a team based battle unit cohesion is incredibly important and the wolves have that in spades compared to renegade meaning one. Now as for meaning two I would say the same basic principle applies in that the wolves will work together better and the infighting among the meaning two renegades will lead the wolves to victory. However as meaning two is essentially outlaws there is an outlaw type that I would give the edge to and that group is poachers because I would expect them to be trained to deal with wolves more specifically, and so even with them being more prone to bickering than the wolves as there is no honor among thieves I do not think that bickering will bring them down enough for the wolves to overtake them in this situation. Overall I give the win to the wolves as I would expect them to meet up after the renegades desert something or another and the wolves being practical predators pick them off after noticing their weakness. With the wolves moving appropriately for group hunting the renegades break out into infighting leading to a disruption in response that ultimately costs them all their lives.

Code:
Word Count: 282 TPE: 4

Code:

So honestly I have zero expectations going into any season in this league as I do not have a good baseline with which to judge things. There are probably grade schoolers who have lived their entire life in a desert who have more knowledge of hockey than I do, but what I do have is the ability to look back at other seasons for comparison. Now based off of Dave's history coming into this season I would have expected goals in the mid twenties and forty to fifty assists. That might be illogical given in S76 he had 29 and 28 respectively and is in regression, but I know from experience in other sim leagues that sometimes you just have a down year and that assist total is the worst of his career with the point total being third worst now behind his sophomore season and the most recent season. So since this season ended with him getting just 15 goals eight fewer than he had ever managed before and just 33 assists a mere five more than his worst performance I am comfortable saying he failed to meet my expectations. Meanwhile as he is old enough that I could compare regression to him being hit by multiple trucks I get the unpleasant feeling that next season is only going to be worse which means his time might be coming to an end sooner rather than later. I have committed to one more season with Chicago though and so I will continue to work to keep him somewhat relevant. Even with regression being trucks though given when he came in he had lower TPE than he will have next season my stance is that if he fails to hit 60 points that the season is a failure given he has beaten that mark in nine of twelve seasons and anything under 50 is a catastrophe given this past season is his first to fail to beat that mark.

Code:
Word Count: 328 TPE: 4

Additionally I love you for the word count changes. A blessing on all the houses involved in that decision.

Still a long way away from regression, this season was a very good one in a young career.  The cap jump between season two and three seems to have made a major difference.  Moved up to the top line for the Grizzlies and set career highs in goals, assists and points. Saw considerable time on the powerplay and penalty kill and just played an all round 100 foot game.  I'd expect next season to be the same.  Of course I hope for better, but staying capped at 425 TPE might mean the same, or even slightly worse. Hopefully though, it can be better.  The team around me is improving as well, so as a whole unit hopefully we can do better and push even further into the playoffs. I'd love to contend for some awards, but that seems unlikely unless my point totals jump dramatically, sitting right now just barely inside the top 50 in the league in points.  Depending on how many top end players graduate out, it could happen but it just doesn't seem likely.  Awards are nice, but really the one that matters is Championships.  My former player did not win a 4 star cup, so I'd love to get one before I move on. (208 words, 4 TPE)

CW Trivia - Verification Word: Renes (3 TPE)

10. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Blast From The Past

Pick either of the teams currently in the finals. Which player had to overcome the most adversity to get where they are at now? What did they have to endure before finally getting their crack at the Cup? Include some specific situations that player experienced en-route to the Cup finals, whether this season or at some point during their career.

Chris Valentine led the league this season in assists and was top five in points, but it wasn't an easy road to get to where he is now. He spent his first 5 seasons as a defenseman averaging about 25 points a season, but in S76 converted to Center and suddenly found a huge spark, posting seasons of 89 points and 113 points and is now in the finals. (69 words, nice, 1 TPE, 8 total).

[Image: hudson.png]

Fileworker CW pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!