Create Account

S77 Championship Week Due: Sunday, July 28th @ 11:59 PM PST

GM Pass

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  Grizzlies  

GM Pass

[Image: Pi43cEV.png]
Big Thanks to @Sburbine & @Carpy48 for the dope graphic!
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/sgu3vVP.png[/img]

GM PAss

[Image: Screenshot_87.png]

1. ) INLUKEWETRUST

12.)

I think the IIHF is going to be a great tournament this year. I think Czechia is going to take another step forward and hopefully will continue to grow. My player is no longer some young player playing out of his weight class, I am now an SHL player, playing in the SHL tournament. As such, I hope to have a few points, block a ton of shots and throw the body hard. I hope to lead the IIHF in some sort of defensive category, but who knows what will happen. All I know for sure is, Czechia has improved greatly from the last season, and I hope to give us one big run for the gold this time around. We need all the luck we can get, but this will be our deepest run in a while. I hope we can get to at least the round robin part of the IIHF this time around. Hopefully even get into the top 4. It will be tough, but our improvements will help us! (173 words) +3

13. )

All the nations are my rain rivals in the IIHF. I love them all so much, but when it is time for the game to be played, they are all enemies. However, if I had to pick one, it would be whatever country @Seany148 "runs" That guy is just the worse. He is always like "Hey Troy, look I'm just like you, I got some people to transfer" not knowing that it took me months to pick the best for Czechia. He is the guy who buys a Honda Ridgeline and pulls up next to your cybertruck and goes "Hey, we got the same car, LOL". that guy just makes his entire country look bad. No but really I love Seany, and I look forward to him out transferring me again after finishing behind Czechia this season. I am not sure how the rest of Czechia feels, I just know Seany is my best friend so I love to dislike him, and I hope he feels the same way! Also, the WJC broke my spirit this time around, but I'll get it back soon! Go Czechia! (186 words ) +3

Love these prompts, great work!

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

gm ass

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Code:
2. Lasse Zeigler and Nathan Cormier each come into these finals tied for the most assists in these playoffs at 21. Who do you think will have more impact as a playmaker in this series?

I’ll have to give the edge to Nathan Cormier of the New England Wolfpack on this one. When it comes to playmakers you need to take a look at who their teammates are and how they’re playing. Lasse Zeigler has 1 linemate currently in the top 10 in goals and that’s Chris Valentine. Now while Valentine is ranked number 1, two other players are ranked 3 and 4 and that’s Cormier’s teammates Ivan Lacksamus and Bruno Tooyo. Now while they don’t all play on the same line, there isn’t much stopping New England from loading up with a line of Cormier, Lacksamus and Tooyo.

104 words - 2 TPE

Code:
3. Ivan Lacksamus is once again leading his team in points and has already tied Aaron Wilson’s record for career playoffs points at 242. While they are not the only one in New England to be producing points, do you think Texas should worry about Lacksamus who seems completely unaffected by their age?

I think Texas definitely needs to guard Lacksamus closely. They say with age comes experience and Lacksamus has no Lack(samus) of experience in the playoffs. He’s reached 30 points in the playoffs 5 times so far and is sure to reach 30 this season only being 1 point away at the time of writing. When it comes down to elite playoff performers, you have to look at Lacksamus as the prime example. Texas, comparatively has much less experience overall, being a much younger team. I think the key to victory for Texas will be finding a way to shut down Lacksamus. Otherwise his experience will be overwhelming for the Renegades. On the flip side, New England has lots of scoring threats who will make it difficult for Texas to focus in on Ivan Lacksamus. They won’t be able to just throw there best defenders at Ivan and call it a day.

151 Words - 3 TPE

Code:
4. Hodor and Seamus O'Slapahan have both been important parts of their teams offensive but they also have a noticeable lead in blocked shots in the playoffs. We know that one goal can change the game so each block is one puck on goal less to worry about, but can one person do it all or should the rest of their teams follow their example and start focusing more on blocking shots?

While it’s definitely beneficial to have a player willing to throw their body in the way to block shots at every given opportunity, it might be worth it for the rest of the squad to get involved too. Having the entire weight of the shot blocking duties on one guy is going to wear them down much faster. But if you spread that out amongst the entire roster, you’ll have less chance that someone could pick up an injury. Yes, yes I know, no one has been injured in the entire history of the SHL for some miraculous reason. But would you want to be the first? If Hodor and Sheamus O’Slapahan’s teammates were more willing to block shots, we wouldn’t need to have this conversation, and the total goals scored in these finals would also drop as a result. I’m sure the respective goaltenders would be thankful as well.

150 Words - 3 TPE

Total TPE - 8/8

[Image: JUSSI-MUTOU-SPOTLIGHT-450-X336.gif?ex=66...d3ba51b19&]
[Image: 29XRi31.png]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]

CW Pass

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

1. CW PASS-DONE

[Image: dc24.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2024, 01:23 PM by TheGreatOne. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. +3 TPE
Wayne

2. WC-107, +2 TPE
It's got to be Nathan Cormier. Guy came up HUGE in the series, particularly Game 7. With 3 points on the night and a +2 +/-. He helped fuel the New England comeback on rout to the cup. Well done sir! Lasse Ziegler did all they could to take Texas on their backs and drag them to the finish line but ultimately one man couldn't do it. as the old saying goes "There is no I in team" and Texas proved that in cup finals. Depth being the main reason. New England just had more depth in the end, Great Run by the Renegades. They'll be back.

5. WC-51 +1 TPE
Absolutely YES! and it showed especially in the cup final. Texas couldn't hold onto a lead to save their lives and that's not to fault anyone in particularly or throw anyone under the bus. Hockey is a team sport and Dionne did everything he could to keep Texas in the series.

7. WC-111 +2 TPE
 Writing Posthumously is kind of a drag. Championship week should end before each finals end. That's my 2 cents. We already know that the powerhouse Vancouver Whalers won the cup, so there's not much to say about seeing we already know the outcome, But i can say that probably wouldn't have happened if they didn't trade for Atlason and Matty J. Who by the way forced themselves out of Newfoundland for pennies on the dollar that really pissed off a lot of teammates. (including myself) Trading 2 potential Max earners for some low draft picks is no bueno. but when you handcuff a GM like they did, what options do you have?

Total TPE 8

HO pass

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

CW Pass - IIHF Fileworker

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Renegades  Citadelles Citadelles Renegades  Stars Blizzard Canada 

GM pass

Xavier Beausoleil
Patriotes
Position RW
Height : 6.5ft
Weight : 236lbs
[Image: Takk806.gif] [Image: sf4IwSc.gif]

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Word: Pilot

Code:
8. Written, 50 to 200+ words. New Challenger Arises
New England has been one of the top teams in the league for all of the 70s, winning two cups during their four finals appearances. While Texas has not had finals appearance since they won the Cup in S62. Based on regular season standings you could think that Texas comes in with the advantage but last time New England went to the finals after they finished regular season at 9th they won the cup and in general they have lot more experience from the finals. Do you think that New England can take advantage of their experience or is this just another series with clean slate for both teams? Who you got? Who wins the Challenge Cup? Why?
I think New England has the advantage and yes that is with a biased opinion of playing for the Wolfpack. They do say that having that experience and knowing what it takes to win is one of the most important things to have on a team. It is just one of those things you can not coach, you can not have that attribute. It is something that is earned through the grit and determination of experiencing the finals and experiencing the deep playoff runs, and that is what the Wolfpack have. One of the most successful teams of the decade of the S70, if not THE most succesful by being winners of 2 previous cups and going to the finals 4 times. Of those runs, I was there for a lot of them, Outdoor Tuck was there, Ivan Lacksamus, Seamos O'Slapahan and the most important of them all would be OLOF KARSIKKO. This is a group of guys who just gets it and understands what it takes to win and be victorious, and how you have to take every game just one game at a time. They have that bitter taste from being swept just 2 seasons ago and they do not want that to happen again.

Code:
Written, 50 to 200+ words each. Short Prompts
5. Olof Karsikko stands miles ahead of the league these playoffs in goals saved above average at 19.76 while Anthony Dionne is actually in the negatives at -0.90. Do you think Texas is at a major goalie disadvantage? Why or why not?
I think this is just a glimspe into how much of a disadvantage the Texas Renegades are at this position. Olof Karsikko, from my understanding of reading Luke's media article, is statistically the BEST goaltender in the FHM era in the SHL. Not just in one playoff run, not just in 2, but using his stats from his 16 straight career playoffs appearances. He has not missed a playoffs ever since entering the league as a professional. That is just unheard of, especially in the SHL where dynasties will come and go and there is turnover.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2024, 04:37 PM by NorwegianDemon. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

norway
3 TPE

Code:
7. This time for J: Who you got? Who wins the Four Star Cup? Why?

It’s going to be a close series between two teams that have caused surprises up to this point. I think Ottawa will come out on top, because they have the biggest firepower and clutch goals are what usually wins you clause series. They had three players finished with over 75 points during the regular season, while Vancouver only had one player who reached exactly this number of points.

68 words - 1 TPE

Code:
11. Written, 50 to 200+ words. One Season Closer to Retirement
One season behind all of us. How did your player perform compared to your expectations? What do you expect from next season? Are you being hit by regression so hard that anything close to this season's performance would be a win in your books? Or maybe you are reaching your peak, in either of the leagues and hope to compete for some awards?

At the beginning of the season, Nor personal objective was to end up the regular season at a rate of over one point per game. Nor ended up feeling short of that goal with 48 points in 66 regular season games, which was only 7 points more than what he got during his rookie season. Nor simply wasn’t able to produce enough when he was on the ice while the team had a man’s superiority since he only got four power-play points during the regular season. He should have been able to get more considering he got a decent amount of ice team during on the power play. Defensively, Nor did perform better than he did during his rookie season, which is shown by the fact that he got a better defensive rating. Improving their all-around game is always something you want to see from young players, because a lot of them seem to struggle with the defensive side of things.

However, Nor did have a good showing in the playoffs where he got 10 points in nine games which is over the point-per-game mark that he had set for himself before the beginning of the regular season, which might be a good sign of things to come. Hopefully, we a little progression during the offseason, Nor can build up on his performance in this season’s playoffs to reach new highs.

231 words - 4 TPE

Nor Ge
norway Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Code:

hat

Code:
7. This time for J: Who you got? Who wins the Four Star Cup? Why?

Vancouver has had such an impressive run to the finals thus far that it's hard not to choose them to win it all. Only losing one game in three series gives the Whalers an impressive 12-1 record so far these playoffs and it would be surprising if they didn't continue on to win the cup with all that momentum on their side. Also, the one game they did lose was the first or second game of the playoffs for them which means they're on at least an 11 game win streak right now going in to the finals. Four more wins should be very achievable for them.

100+ words, 2 TPE

Code:
11. Written, 50 to 200+ words. One Season Closer to Retirement
One season behind all of us. How did your player perform compared to your expectations? What do you expect from next season? Are you being hit by regression so hard that anything close to this season's performance would be a win in your books? Or maybe you are reaching your peak, in either of the leagues and hope to compete for some awards?

My player Ylib Kove didn't perform at all compared to expectations. This was the first of two seasons where he's at his peak 425 TPE build and should be able to compete at the same level as all the best players in the J, but instead it seems he stayed relatively stagnant since the previous season. Even compared to the rest of the Malamutes, who also underperformed expectations this season, Kove was 4th in points among 4 centers of the team despite two of them not being at the TPE cap. The good news about all this is that next season might be better and if it is then Kove might earn the most improved award.

100+ words, 2 TPE

Code:
12. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Old Reliable IIHF Analysis
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around? Did last season's results surprise you and how much do you expect them to change this time?

Team Czechia is only getting stronger as each season goes on. Since we're big enough to have our own WJC team now alongside the popular nations, it might be a bit tough to compete with combined nations who can draw from more of a prospect pool, but it means nothing but high expectations for the future. Ylib will also be on Czechia's IIHF roster this season and it'll be a good experience to see how it is to play alongside proper SHL players. I don't expect either the WJC or IIHF team to make a splash this season, but I do expect us to be an unexpected powerhouse in the early S80s with a young and ever-developing core.

100+ words, 2 TPE

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate