Create Account

S77 Championship Week Due: Sunday, July 28th @ 11:59 PM PST
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2024, 06:31 PM by Toivo. Edited 2 times in total.)

PBE + 3 tpe

Code:
11. Written, 50 to 200+ words. One Season Closer to Retirement
This season was a good one for my player. It’s another step towards retirement which is sad, but getting to still enjoy hockey, going out there and putting on quality performances, makes it worth the sadness about becoming an older player. There’s still a lot of gas in this tank, but each season, with regressions, it becomes harder. As long as I can go out there and help my team win games, I will be a happy camper. For some players, still on the ascent to their peak, this is a joyous time of the season, when all the tpe is still rolling in. In my case, it’s about not getting too old. There’s a lot of other guys in the locker room to talk with about the struggles of getting older. Losing a bit of balance or some of your jump on the game isn’t that fun, but these guys have gone through the same things and know how to give some sound advice. There are some things you learn over your career about how to train smarter not harder. These are just things that come from experience, getting in there and doing the work. With less time to spare, you have to really make the most of your training. (211 words) +4 tpe

Code:
12. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Old Reliable IIHF Analysis

Predicting the Swiss to come out strong this IIHF tournament and make some noise. Each off-season, we are looking poised for a deep run to the medals round. We have some great talent, from established stars to up and coming young players that will be the future of Swiss hockey. With how last season went, this tournament should see a motivated Switzerland do well. (64 words) +1 tpe

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2024, 06:12 PM by caltroit_red_flames. Edited 3 times in total.)

Code:
One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE,  WSBL, SSL, or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE! *if you’re claiming this and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*
PBE CW

Code:
Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Damn SHL been around a long time

Code:
One season behind all of us. How did your player perform compared to your expectations? What do you expect from next season? Are you being hit by regression so hard that anything close to this season's performance would be a win in your books? Or maybe you are reaching your peak, in either of the leagues and hope to compete for some awards?
I was really happy with how Cal Juice performed this season. Playing on the top line has done wonders for his production numbers. Last season he only scored 50 points, but this season he scored 11 more goals and 9 more assists for 70 points. I expect him to really take off next season. He just broke 1000 TPE this past season, the team around him is starting to improve a lot and after this offseason he'll improve a lot defensively to the point where becomes a real threat at all spots on the ice, not just as a shooter. I expect his metrics beyond scoring to be through the roof next season and there's still a long way to go for him.

[Image: 5PYmCAe.png]
[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: vHNIXVO.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

gm pass

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

1. Trivia verification: Tacos

ISFL Affiliation

[Image: frankenstero.png]
Thanks Ragnarr!

HO CW Pass

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-21-2024, 08:57 PM by Zerg. Edited 2 times in total.)

PBE affiliate: +3 TPE

Trivia verification word: Kekw +3 TPE

Task 11:

Grzegorz was good this season, but not good enough. He's hitting his peak abilities at this point in his career: "good" no longer cuts it. The Panthers need him to steal games and he simply didn't do that this season. It was not good enough and next season needs to be better. Specific expectations for next season are sky high. As it's his first season in regression, it represents his peak TPE. I'm pretty sure he won't hit 2K, but he just passed 1900, which makes him a very high earner hitting his peak seasons. He should be dominant, one of the league's best goalies. The fact that he's getting regularly outperformed by goalies with much lower TPE is frustrating and needs to stop. Grzegorz needs to be a top 3 goalie in the SHL next season, or his career is at risk of being a disappointment.

(Word count is definitely over 100 so +2 TPE, giving me the maximum 8 for this CW)

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

GM pass

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

SMJHL HO Off-Season pass

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: Tqabyfh.png]

SMJHL GM Pass

[Image: SouthPaw.gif]

1. Verification Word: lemonoppy (+3)

2. I only know Lasse Zeigler since I think that he is also a character in the ISFL. Or he was? I think he retired, probably for a career here in the SHL. I think based on what I know about Lasse Zeigler in the other league and my literal zero knowledge or experience here, I would have to go based off of vibes and speculation. I think Lasse Zeigler is a mediocre player stat wise in the ISFL. Doesn't have much TPE or really much impact game side, which isn't unusualy for second leaguers, I have the exact same thing here in the SHL with 3WW Wingmate Roc and with Valorant Arcanum in the PBE. So based on just these factors, I think that Lasse Zeigler, having concetrated their skill and effort in hockey, will do even better in the playoffs and probably double his assist total in a single game. Lasse Zeigler MVP not close.

156 words, +3 TPE

7. I think for the J we are going to get a surprise re-sim of the entire playoffs so far and then QCC will come back to win it all. I don't really know anything about the SHL except that there are so many resims and that all the sims are delayed half an hour? Might as well just push back the schedule. I think based on this, a full playoff resim is very reasonable and on the cards because I want to win and therefore we will have QCC with the shocking upset to repeat and win it all again this season.

102 words, +2 TPE
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2024, 07:22 PM by DigDoug11. Edited 1 time in total.)

ISFL affiliate 3 TPE

CW Trivia:Smokes 3-TPE

11 - 108 Words - 2 TPE

Trevor Lahey very much an established center by now in the league and while it did seem like the team regressed overall this season, Trevor is still improving all around. His stats up were from last season, so he is trending upwards, so I expect him to become even better because he will be joining the top line soon and will be one of the top players on the team. With that said that means the expectation to be great and to lead the team this up coming season will be higher than ever. I’m optimistic that he will rise to the occasion, but only time will tell.

[Image: captainLahey.png?width=1000&height=606]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png][Image: 9pUocRs.png]

It's hard to have a good season if your debut year was insanely good. Aumy Junior II entered the big league with 70 points and in his second season he had already 79 points. Next season was a big fall off, getting only 51 points. He improved a bit this season by having 66 points, but of course that it's not what he expected from himself. It's not that far from his peak, so it's obvious that he and everyone else is hoping to have a big breakout season. However, we can't ignore the fact that Toronto ''North Stars'' has been a very mediocre team these past seasons, so it all can change with a one great season. Aumy Junior II hopes to compete for MVP trophy and championship too. I would say that this season was solid. It wasn't fantastic, but it wasn't as bad as a previous one. I would give it a solid seven out of ten if we look just at the individual statistics. Unfortunately, if we add the resume of our team, it's completely different and the look is much worse. However, there are still some time before the retirement, so we just gotta hope that the next season will be much better individually an team wise.

Stars

[212 words, 4 TPE]

14. Written, 50 to 200+ words.- The Procrastinator Special!

New England ''Wolfpack'' won this season and I was pretty surprised to see that happening. However, I think that the outcome was pretty amazing. It was a great story for underdogs. Team was 25 points behind the regular season winner, being in just 9th place after 66 games. Close to a losing record playing on opponent's ice. Won in the first round against my Toronto ''North Stars'' in six games. I thought that they wasted a lot of strength there, because we were much worse, but seems like I was wrong. Seven games thriller against Buffalo ''Stampede'', then an easy 4-1 against Philadelphia ''Forge'' which won regular season. I think that Finals was finally Finals worthy too. It took all seven games. If I understand right then Texas ''Renegades'' blew a 3-1 lead as well, so ''Wolfpack'' was just fighting till the end and it went their way. Amazing series! ''Wolfpack'' won because they had the right mentality. All ''Renegades'' had to do was not blew the lead (which they did). I think that this comeback was my favorite part of the series and it was incredible. It's not like such big comebacks happens very often. I think that New England shocked a lot of users in this league. Well done!

Wolfpack

[211 words, 4 TPE]

TOTAL 8 TPE

Stars Stars Stars

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1.5 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

CW TRIVIA LINK
shuff
+3

Writing Prompts

For all written prompts you will gain 1 TPE for every 50 words written up to a 200 words / 4 TPE from single prompt.
Include at least prompt number, wordcount and TPE gained to each of your answers

Code:
Written, 50 to 200+ words each. Short Prompts
2. Lasse Zeigler and Nathan Cormier each come into these finals tied for the most assists in these playoffs at 21. Who do you think will have more impact as a playmaker in this series?
3. Ivan Lacksamus is once again leading his team in points and has already tied Aaron Wilson’s record for career playoffs points at 242. While they are not the only one in New England to be producing points, do you think Texas should worry about Lacksamus who seems completely unaffected by their age?
4. Hodor and Seamus O'Slapahan have both been important parts of their teams offensive but they also have a noticeable lead in blocked shots in the playoffs. We know that one goal can change the game so each block is one puck on goal less to worry about, but can one person do it all or should the rest of their teams follow their example and start focusing more on blocking shots?
5. Olof Karsikko stands miles ahead of the league these playoffs in goals saved above average at 19.76 while Anthony Dionne is actually in the negatives at -0.90. Do you think Texas is at a major goalie disadvantage? Why or why not?
6. This time it is not one on one. Who will win in a fight between a group of renegades or pack of wolves? How does the fight go?
7. This time for J: Who you got? Who wins the Four Star Cup? Why?
5) I wish any of us had any clue how FHM goalies work. We sure wouldn't see Olof being the best goalie by a mile every single postseason despite not having the best TPE. The fact is that FHM has made Olof God in the playoffs, and it is quite hard to beat that. +1 TPE

Code:
8. Written, 50 to 200+ words. New Challenger Arises
New England has been one of the top teams in the league for all of the 70s, winning two cups during their four finals appearances. While Texas has not had finals appearance since they won the Cup in S62. Based on regular season standings you could think that Texas comes in with the advantage but last time New England went to the finals after they finished regular season at 9th they won the cup and in general they have lot more experience from the finals. Do you think that New England can take advantage of their experience or is this just another series with clean slate for both teams? Who you got? Who wins the Challenge Cup? Why?

8) Texas is a very good team. They had 92 points this season. But the fact is every season or so it seems New England punches above their weight. Nobody can understand it, and nobody can replicate it. Be it Luke's GMing or the FHM Gods. New England will win this one. Again.
 +1 TPE
Code:
9. Written, 50 to 200+ words. One Step Closer
After long last Minnesota managed to make their way to second round, but were not able to push further just yet. Since switching to FHM we have had multiple teams that have won the cup but there are still quite few teams that haven't been able to make it all the way. Baltimore, Calgary, Manhattan, Minnesota, Montreal, Tampa Bay and Toronto have not won the Challenge Cup during the FHM era, some have been close, but which one you think will be the next one to win and why do you pick them over the others?

Code:
10. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Blast From The Past
Pick either of the teams currently in the finals. Which player had to overcome the most adversity to get where they are at now? What did they have to endure before finally getting their crack at the Cup? Include some specific situations that player experienced en-route to the Cup finals, whether this season or at some point during their career.

Code:
One season behind all of us. How did your player perform compared to your expectations? What do you expect from next season? Are you being hit by regression so hard that anything close to this season's performance would be a win in your books? Or maybe you are reaching your peak, in either of the leagues and hope to compete for some awards?
11) Johnny Shuffleboard had his best season to date, but that isn't saying much. In the Js he had real promise. Now he was just able to manage 40 points, 8 more than the 32 in his rookie season. Still this is far below expectations. He was able to crack the second PP unit, that likely helped a bit. If you believe in +/- Shuffleboard was actually top 10 in the league. Cool to be good at something even if it isn't much of a stat. Playing on the league's best team will help your numbers and I think that was all that happened. Playoffs were a failure. This season was a failure.
+2 TPE
Code:
12. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Old Reliable IIHF Analysis
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC! Tell me about your team! What are your expectations for your player? What teams are you watching out for this time around? Did last season's results surprise you and how much do you expect them to change this time?

Code:
13. Written, 50 to 200+ words. National Rivalry
Which team do you see as your main rival in either IIHF or WJC? Maybe it is the closest neighboring country or someone who you have met in the playoffs countless times? Or maybe your team got split for WJC and you now have eternal hatred for the other team or the other way around, did your teams get merged and you want to show to your old partners in IIHF why they were bringing you down? Do you think that most of your team agrees with your pick or is it for more personal reasons?

Code:
14. Written, 50 to 200+ words.- The Procrastinator Special!
Looks like [TEAM] won Season 77! Who won and why? What could the other team have done differently to change the result? What was your favorite part of the series?

TOTAL: +7 TPE

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]

CW Pass

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]