Create Account

S77 All Star Week Due: Sunday, August 4th @ 11:59 PM PST
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2024, 04:35 PM by AuggieO. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Milestones
Centers
Hits: 63 or more -> 110
Take Aways (TkA): 33 or more -> 51
+2TPE

3. Which are your three favorite Charity Auction items? Why those?

My first favorite charity auction item is the one that I am currently winning (at the time that I am writing this, which is 4:20pm Eastern Standard Time). And that of course is the Winnipeg Aurora Ice Design. Do I know what I am going to design? Absolutely not. I just saw it, I liked it, wanted it and a la Ariana Grande I bought it. Well. I have not bought it yet but I sure would like to. 
I would say that my second favorite item that is being auctioned off is “Name 5 episodes of Troy and Seany's podcast” I am not sure if you get to name a mini series which is 5 episodes long, or if you get to name each and every individual podcast. And if so, do you name it and then they talk in conjunction with what you named it? Will my questions ever be answered?
And finally my third favorite charity auction item is Tesla recreate name. I think that’s a pretty good deal to be able to create basically a bonus player because its like your player because it was born from your mind, but it’s not yours so you can just sit back and watch your player succeed without having to do any work!

Words- 215
+4TPE

5. Plan a heist to steal all of Luke's money.

First, I get some cash and go to a store that sells things that does not have a very good security system. I buy a new outfit and some hair dye. I dye my hair in a gas station bathroom, of course. I sneak into Luke’s moms house and figure out the name of his first pet and the hospital in which he was born. I use this information to hack into his Reddit account. I use a complicated AI system to try things he has said on Reddit as passwords to SHL. I am successful. I wire transfer myself the money. Boom.

Words- 103
+2TPE

[Image: bdDUUbs.jpeg][Image: YbWICYS.png][Image: i3Qgjha.jpeg]

ASW pass

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

This TPE isn’t for me - I’m just crossing it off my checklist Smile
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2024, 03:46 PM by Chris. Edited 2 times in total.)

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3545373
+2 tpe

8. . Written, 50 to 200+ words. The Teammate One
Tell me about your teammate who made or you expect to make the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man instead.)

My teammate that made me feel expected for the ASG is Gordon William-Gibbles because in his first season he broke on to the shl scene and started his season off crazy. His season was remarkable for a rookie campaign and I believe he should be able to make the all star game. And if he doesn't I know he will make it next season in year two and if I had to vote for the ROTY it has to Gordon William-Gibbles. Even though there are plenty of superstars in this league I believe Gibbles should get his shot at the All Star Game.
100+ words 2 tpe

2. Who will be the star of the All-star game? Why you think they will be better than the rest
I expect Cale Salad is gonna get MVP and be a big star in the ALL star game. Coming off a dominant season to where he lead the league in points. I believe he can take over the game and make his all star team win with his performance and he probably will make some plays alongside Tony sarprano as I expect them to lead their team to the promise land with their chemistry after leading the forge to the conference finals.Expect both of them to have a great game and Cale salad to be an MVP  this all star weekend.
100+ words 2 tpe

[Image: avatar_6228.png?dateline=1722181476]

Milestones - 2 TPE
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....052&page=5

“I thought I was a goalie, but STA told me forget being a goalie they make nothing, and no one cares about them.  Guess what I was a center all along and I had no idea. Now I am the toast of the town, and I am getting offers from all the GMs and Scouts.”

– Spidey Talent Agency, on Activity Check

Quote:1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.

Link to Milestone Claim - 3 TPE

Quote:Written, 50 to 200+ words each. Shiny Grab Bag

1. The Ugliest Blanket Imaginable - What more to say? It's ugly, its hand made, its one of a kind. Just like yours truly!
2. Song Cover by Shiamus - Why not? But poor Shiamus doesn't know that I'd pick for him too cover All Too Well by Taylor Swift. Get ready to stretch them vocal cords for 10 minutes!
3. Custom Emoji by Jove - Who doesn't love emoji's? Who doesn't love a custom one? Featuring yours truly. Oh yeah, sign me up so I can spam discord!

89 Words - 1 TPE

I have no idea who look is or how much money he has, but that wont stop me because money is hard to come by in the SHL. What is my plan to steal Luke's money? I break into his home at midnight. Do I go for his safe? No? I go for his trophies. They're priceless. As I am packing them up, a woman catches me. She tells me I should stop, it's her boyfriend's home. I say no and we make love all night. In the morning, the police show up but I escape wearing one of their uniforms. Before I go, I tell her to meet me in Mexico. Instead, I go to Canada. I don't trust her. Besides, I favor the cold for hockey. Thirty seasons later, I get a postcard from her. I have a son whose interested in hockey, and he is the #1 draft prospect. Now here's where my plan to steal his wealth gets interesting. I tell her to meet me by the Trocadero in Paris. She's been waiting for me all these seasons, never having taken up another lover. I don't care though, I don't show up. Instead I go to Berlin, where I play in the ISFL. Thats where I stored the trophies which I smelt into precious metal and sell.

221 Words - 4 TPE

2. Who will be the star of the All-star game? Why you think they will be better than the rest?
4. Who are the best players you shouldn’t pick in fantasy? Why?
6. If you had to form RPG party with 4 of your team mates, who would you pick and which role would they play?
7. Which PT(s) should be changed, how and why?

[Image: yxRlGdj.png]

1. 2 TPE from Milestones

9. Getting drafted might be unlikely, but making the cut? I think it'd be hard to pick three players from this season's Edmonton Blizzard squad and not include Simo in it. On the surface, his stats are brutal but looking underneath the hood and you'll see what I'm getting at: as a rookie on one of the worst teams in the league, Simo was the best in terms of GA/60 and SA/60 and among the best in terms of Corsi and Fenwick. And this was not playing sheltered time either - averaging 24:03, Simo finished the season fifth behind four veterans, including the multiple-time award winning Seamus O'Slapahan. In his first year of SHL play. It's hardly a superb All-Star resume but it's the best the Blizzard had to offer. (131 words)

12. A common answer will be the Hall of Very Good, representing the players who were great but didn't do it at a high enough level or for long enough to justify the ultimate prize. I'd propose a different Hall: the Hall of Guys.

The criteria for this Hall require a bit of explanation: a member of the Hall of Guys has to be a player with a certain level of longevity in the league, ideally one who played for multiple teams and bounced around a bit, who was reasonably skilled and respected as a good hand but NEVER seen as a superstar. If at any point you were a team's #1 guy, this Hall isn't for you. It's here to recognise the Guys of the league - the ones who are often underrated, normally good to anchor a third line or a second defensive pairing, who'll stick around forever and give every team they play for their all, but who's never going to be troubling the awards committee or commanding the biggest bucks.

Axiomatically, it would not be possible to be a member of both Halls. Either you were consistently elite and worthy of the Hall of Fame, or you weren't but were good enough for long enough to warrant being part of the Hall of Guys; the two can't co-exist. (220 words)

[Image: Skree.gif]
[Image: xSn0esi.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2024, 04:11 PM by Bruins10. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

3TPE - https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3545465

Code:
Code:
Written, 50 to 200+ words each. Shiny Grab Bag
4. Who are the best players you shouldn’t pick in fantasy? Why?

4. Honestly, probably me. Bruno Tooyo is one of the better players over the past 2 seasons when it comes to SHL fantasy. He finished around the 6th or 7th best forward last season in fantasy, and the one before that he finished at around the 17th rank for forwards and was 29th overall. A great accomplishment, and it was always an accomplishment I wanted to achieve with my players of being fantasy relevant. But now, going into the season, Bruno is down bad. Regression is hitting hard, going down to under 1600 TPE. And, not only that, the bank account is very low. No job and not doing any Point Tasts for some extra cash, buying training and the seasonal coaching is like scraping for pennies and nickels in between the couch. And let us not forget, that the Wolfpack also have a solid depth and youth system, with players right there looking to take Brunos spot on the top lines and minutes in next season. What does help Bruno is the fact that he is surrounded with a great team in New England, so his linemates and core will be able to maybe keep him relavant and stay above that 15th Forward rank, that would be a personal goal of mine.

5. Luke is a good friend of mine. Ever since coming back to the SHL, he was my GM in the minors and has always looked out for me. I think Luke, knowing how I am poor and he is extremely rich, would do me a solid and LET me steal it so that Bruno could get the training and equipment he needs. Like, help a broke guy out. He knows how to get rich clearly, he has other friends that could help him if ever he is broke.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

1. Milestones 2 TPE

11. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Back to Back 3 TPE
Winning an award is not easy. To win two (or more) seasons in row is even more impressive. Which one of the back to back award wins you are most impressed with and why? Can be written about any award, including team and user awards. Below is the link to Portal where you can start looking for back to back winners.

While more of an honor as opposed to an award, and it moreso represents accomplishments over a period of time, but the Triple Gold Club is as much of a lottery as it comes. The odds of joining the Triple Gold Club require you to join an SHL team that is peaking while you are on the roster, creating for a nation that makes a medal run at some point while you play for them (including a mini lottery of single-elimination games in the medal round), and willing it out to win a four-start in one of your maximum four seasons playing the in the J. The Quad Gold Club adds another level of insanity in requiring a World Juniors Gold win as well, and the World Juniors are a jamboree.

Leafer Rielly joined the Quad Gold Club in S42 with an Irish gold medal win, and then again in S43 winning both a challenge cup with West Kendall, and then another Irish medal. Back-to-back Quad Gold Club honors in successive seasons, despite earlier achievements being seasons old at that point, is an insane roll of the dice, or alignment of the stars that somehow worked out. Truly a legendary achievement.

12. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Hall of My Own 3 TPE
The Hall of Fame is reserved for only the best, which means many are left outside. So now we need something for the rest of us, what would the other hall be called and how would people be selected for it? Would you let people be members of both Halls?

One thing that I've tried to create over the years is something that captures the best moments, or the very essence of the best the SHL has to offer from all seasons. This took the form of the Czech Hall of Fame, where I tried to honor moments in addition the players: our first IIHF game, the miracle run where we felled Canada in overtime, and Russia our arch-rivals, carried by a 700 TPE goalie. It also took the form of my attempt to create an SHL history book: more of a collection of stories and narratives, but that is precisely what is most valuable. The greatest memories we have from our time on the site deserve to be shared and treasured and preserved. Those moments are the reason we all came here in the first place. These magical moments are what I'd want honored.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

SHL Milestones + 3 TPE

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

GM Pass

[Image: rGE8JTw.png]
Ty to Eni's Sig Shop
[Image: 2UUYSbn.png]
ty to ragnar

1. Milestones (+3 TPE) (3/8)

8. Written – The Teammate One (+3 TPE, 163 words) (6/8)

A teammate I feel from QCC that is deserving of an all-star nod is 3WW Wingmate-Roc. Playing second line center for a much depleted QCC attacking core, Wingmate-Roc was not only able to build off their sophomore season, but actually managed to secure a few more points than the season before surrounded by star power. For a player that has been long overshadowed by other forward stars on the team, this Russia committed player has stepped up big time to increase their point total through a tough situation. While not among the elite numbers in the SMJHL, for the current QCC roster, Wingmate-Roc has proven they can be a star in this league, and is more than deserving of a bit of recognition. While compared to some of the 80+ point attacking players this season Wingmate-Roc’s numbers might not be as impressive, given the situation of the team and the large strides this player has taken, I support them getting an all-star nomination.

11. Written – Back to Back (+2 TPE, 119 words) (8/8)

The only thing more impressive than a back to back would be a back to back to back, and that’s exactly what QCC did with the Laurifer Trophy for S74, S75, and S76. This feat has only been done 3 other times in SMJHL history, and only short of Carolina’s record of four straight S25-S28. This alone shows that it’s one of the most dominant runs the J has ever seen for regular season domination, and given that its it partly took place during league expansion, it is potentially the most competitive of any 3-peat for the Laurifer. Given that it’s less than a once in a decade run, it’s one of the more impressive records in recent history.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3545540
Milestones +3 TPE
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2024, 05:40 PM by karlssens. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.
Oskar Scholz [3 TPE].

Code:
8. Written, 50 to 200+ words. The Teammate One
Tell me about your teammate who made or you expect to make the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man instead.)
Once again the San Francisco Pride find themselves with a surplus of talent eligible for the all-star game. Viktor Hargreeves is the top goal scoring player in the entire league and an easy favorite to make an appearance at the all star game once again. Between the pipes they have the sturdy and reliable veteran netminder Justin Time. While his goaltending stats aren't blowing away voters he once again continues to rack up wins at an insatiable pace and certainly will be worthy of consideration once again. Lastly the San Francisco Pride have two defenseman inside the top 10 in leaguewide blue line points including the second highest scoring defenseman in Toasty. He has exploded on to the scene this season and should be a shoe in for his first all-star appearance. Beyond those 3 they also have Soderberg Snooks who's currently 8th in leaguewide defensemen scoring and Oskar Scholz who's sitting just outside the top 10 in leaguewide scoring with 96 points. Should any of the first 3 mentioned decide to pull an Ovechkin and sit out the all-star festivities these last 2 should have no issue sliding in to their spot. Certainly no shortage of eligible all-stars on this dynamic squad. [4 TPE - 203 words].

Code:
10. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Most Decorated
Make a case for a player or user of your choice to win an award or multiple awards. Is it a clear case or do you think it would be a pretty close vote for the awards committee. Or is your case more out of left field and you hope that the awards team will see this in time to read the stats as they should be?
I'd love to see my player Oskar Scholz receive some award chatter again this season, but as he currently sits outside the top 10 in scoring at the end of season I highly doubt it (nor is he really worthy of it). His linemate Viktor Hargreeves is an entirely different story though. The 2 of them were both 1st team all-stars and nominees for the Sarmad Khan award as league MVP. Oskar took a small step back this season, but Viktor continued to prove why he was worthy of the Khan, Mexico, Karpotsov and McDonald awards last season with yet another brilliant performance. He once again lead the league in goals earning him the McDonald, and while he finished second in league scoring (and won't receive the Karpotsov) he'll certainly be in the running once again for the Khan and Mexico awards. Perhaps not as the favorite this time if Cale Salad has something to say about it, but it wouldn't be a shock to hear Hargreeves name at the award show for either of these awards. [3 TPE - 177 words].

[Image: IAP8v68.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride