GM pass

[Image: 9x1vcNx.png]

gm pass

[Image: NYR73.gif]
sigs from @sulovilen @_Blitz_ @Ragnar and @enigmatic

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png] [Image: cEbgUph.png]

SMJHL Milestones (1 TPE): https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3546276

Task 11 (299 words, 4 TPE):

Winning any of the league's many awards requires a lot to go right. To win the same award multiple times requires sustained excellence, and even then, many individuals who have won the same award fail to do it two seasons in a row. There is one achievement in particular that's incredibly rare to the point where it's happened once in the FHM era (and I believe only one time previous to that), which is back to back Challenge Cups. I was lucky enough to be the GM of the Seattle Argonauts when they went back to back, and I can say from experience that such a run requires an insane amount of luck and things going right. Managing to keep the core of a team together to build chemistry while also adding the necessary supporting cast to make successful runs is difficult. Managing your team's strategy and tactics to get the most out of your team is difficult. And those are largely where your control over the outcomes ends. We won close OT games and lost some blowouts. We got saved by our goalie and came away with wins we probably shouldn't. But the same lens can also be applied to the year before our first cup, where we lost in game 6 of the final, and the year following, where we lost in overtime of game 7 in the Western Conference finals. While we did make some significant trades after that finals loss, the core of the team was similar and we were a little bit of luck away. It's truly impossible to know how things will play out no matter how well built your team is, but the fact remains that repeats are exceedingly rare and it's easily my defining achievement in my time in the SHL.

Task 12 (168 words):

Hall of Fame selections are inherently difficult because it requires the balancing of a number of different perspectives, statistics, preferences and the ability to view each of these through varying contexts as they apply to each and every eligible player. Undoubtedly there are players who straddle the line between Hall of Famers and something just less than that. Whether it's players who were consistently elite but never won awards, players with short but exemplary careers, players with exceptional longevity, or players who have the stats and hardware but fail to break through when more compelling cases are presented for consideration. We are starting to see teams in real life implement concepts like a ring of honour to celebrate players who don't quite meet the standards of a jersey retirement. I think some sort of similar wall or ring of honour concept would serve the SHL well to honour record holders, award winners, and players of note who fall short of the ultimate goal of the Hall of Fame.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

GM pass

[Image: macgriddlesig.png?ex=6531467b&is=651ed17...9ee2d84f&=]
Finland  Stars  Berserkers

Code:
2. Who will be the star of the All-star game? Why you think they will be better than the rest?

I’m going to have to tip my cap to one Victor Hargreeves from the San Francisco Pride. He’s been on fire the past few seasons and had another phenomenal year. A 61 goal season this year and 59 goals last year, as well as over 110 points in both of the last two seasons. Hargreeves has further established himself as a premiere center in the league, and is a well respected competitor. If I had to pick one person to be the MVP of the All-Star game, it would be him. Even looking at other players on his team, it’s clear he elevates them so it doesn’t matter who he plays with. You know he’s gonna show up, and show out. Looking around the All-Star competitors, there’s only one or two guys I could see coming close to Hargreeves level of play. But I could easily see them ending up on the same team, further pushing Hargreeves over the edge.

160 Words: 3 TPE

Code:
3. Which are your three favorite Charity Auction items? Why those?

I have to start by mentioning the “Shrine to Your SHL Player” which is a hilarious and incredible idea put together by one skölpaddor. It’s just silly and fun enough to not be taken super seriously, but also thought out enough that it makes an incredible Charity Auction Item. The thought of having a Jussi Mutou shrine in my living room is wonderful and keeps me up at night.

The next one is also put together by skölpaddor. And that’s the Custom Merch Design. My favourite part of the SHL is all the things that aren’t strictly virtual hockey that go on. And merch is a fantastic way to give back to the community and make it so much more than what we’re here for.

The last one I want to mention is the Ottawa Highlanders Arena Name/Location. I love the idea of having a lasting legacy in the SHL. Just something simple like an arena name is accessible for those who don’t want to/can’t put in the time for an expansion franchise. Or who aren’t very graphically inclined to design logos and jerseys.

184 Words: 3 TPE

Code:
6. If you had to form RPG party with 4 of your team mates, who would you pick and which role would they play?

Assuming Jussi Mutou is also part of the team, let’s start by making him a ranger. A killer shot from distance as well as being very agile. It’s a solid fit.

Next we’ll bring in Xavier Beausoleil. He would make a fantastic Paladin. Always looking out for his teammates and willing to get physical whether it’s throwing the body, or blocking shots to protect the goalie.

3rd up in this party is Emil Karlsson. Karlsson is a smart Center who prefers setting up his teammates. I think he would make an excellent Wizard. Using his knowledge of spells to assist the team.

Taking the 4th spot is Song Ju-Gong who I believe would make a great Rogue. He always knows where he needs to be, and has the reflexes and dexterity to move stealthily across the battlefield.

Last, but not least, we have Valerija Serapin as a Barbarian. Valerija is a physical defender who isn’t afraid to get her hands dirty on occasion. It’s a wonderful fit.

167 Words: 2 TPE (limit reached

Total TPE: 8/8

[Image: JUSSI-MUTOU-SPOTLIGHT-450-X336.gif?ex=66...d3ba51b19&]
[Image: 29XRi31.png]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]

#1. Milestones

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3545366

+3 TPE

#4. Written

So the best players you should not pick in Fantasy, and I know this from personal experience, are players that are retired or already picked. Many moons ago I think I had like four picks in a row that were ineligible or already chosen and I was that annoying bastard in the pool that slowed everything down and by the time I made all my picks I missed out on all the good players. My fault and no one else to blame. Ironically enough I did not do well that year and a few players I did pick were not regressed yet and they were much worse than the season before. So, moral of the story... pay attention. Though nowadays, with the tracker spreadsheet just sitting there being an awesome fountain of information its much harder to be that stupid when making picks. Also don’t take anyone who is still a junior. Hahaha We laugh, but I’m sure someone has before.

161 words +3 TPE

#5. Written

I think in order to steal all of Luke’s money you would have to be descended from pirates, thieves and cutthroats because truthfully, normal people don’t have any desire to steal. But, I am not normal people. The first thing would be to apply for a job as the banker. Once this is established, filtering a little bit at a time would be the most likely not to get noticed. One big heist, some lurker would see. Also, to distribute the money to multiple people would be harder to trace and though yes, some would be recovered, likely not all. And someone could end up with $20 million sitting in their account. Hopefully it would be me.

116 words +2 TPE

[Image: wLeEjGc.jpeg]

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2024, 05:36 AM by st4rface. Edited 2 times in total.)

1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Link

1 TPE

11. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Back to Back

I think it's amazing that there is an option how to look back at all award winners at one place. However, I think that awards is very hard to get since this is my third player now and amount fo received awards is pretty low. There are many players who have won Sergei Karpotsov award back to back. However, I think that getting the most points in the league for two seasons in a row is possible ir player is really good in his prime and has a great team. So, I wouldn't say that it's the most impressive award to win back to back. Louise St. Martin winning back to back Scott Stevens award for being the best defender in S73 and S74 is much more impressive to me. Having a defender in a simulation project already is hard. Getting award with it? Impressive. Getting it two times in a row and still being a bad ass defender? Amazing! That's the one in my opinion.

166 words - 3 TPE

12. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Hall of My Own

It's obvious that Hall of Fame is very hard to get in to. I had a player who was in 2K TPE club, had a championship, solid statistics and a great career in general, but didn't make it. I think that Hall of Fame is reachable only for very active users who are close with the administration and had a player with outstanding statistics and achievements. I think both of these sides are very important, so many legendary players doesn't even make it. They are either quiet or aren't that close with the administration. And a word "legendary" is great for this situation. Hall of Legends would be an amazing name for something similar. I think that it would be a hall for only legends. Hall of Fame could be the highest tier while the other one is available for less hyped players, so there are a place for both of them. Maybe there could be like a mid-tiers as well. Hall of Great Players for good role players who aren't that close to a legend status either. Maybe there could be tiers for specific positions as well. For example - Hall of Goalies or Hall of Defenders. However, I think that it's a discussable topic, but there shouldn't be a lot of halls. It still has to be somewhat exclusive.

220 words - 4 TPE

8 TPE IN TOTAL

Stars Stars Stars

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2024, 05:47 AM by dankoa. Edited 1 time in total.)

1. Milestones
Link to Milestones

Code:
1 TPE

8. The Teammate One

Given that Montreal are a team that's very much still in the "not good" stage of their rebuild with a roster largely composed of young players, we are unfortunately not in the position that some teams are in where there are multiple players who are shoe-ins to be a part of this season's ASG. However, that is not to say that the roster does not feature a ton of talent and that there are no players who I believe should be a part of the game given what they've been able to achieve this season. The teammate that perhaps stands out the most is Xavier Beausoleil. In his first season with the team, Beausoleil was able to lead the team in points and goals, as well as logging huge minutes and really shoring up the wing spot on the team's first line. Acquiring Beausoleil from the Monarchs was a big statement of intent for the team and something of a coup for Montreal, and given the promise he's shown already, I would have no reservations in giving him an opportunity to take part in the All Star Game alongside the league's very best players.

Code:
194 words, 3 TPE

9. All Star Showdown

I think that there are some really obvious picks who will see themselves be part of the All Star Game this year. To throw out a few names, let's look at someone like Cale Salad; not only did they lead the league in points with a monster 124 points, they were only one goal of leading the entire league in that category too. Simply put, it was a monster season for Mr Salad and there's no denying that he'll be taking part in this season's ASG. Viktor Hargreaves and Chris Valentine are incredibly obvious picks also when looking at forwards and both should be gearing up to play a big part in the game after the type of seasons that they've been able to enjoy, but lets move on slightly to take a look at some defensemen who should be playing a big part in the game. The main one that stands out on the blueline is Cale Salad's teammate in Philadelphia, Nathaniel Barca, who achieved the slightly ridiculous achievement of being better than a point per game as a defenseman in the SHL. It's fair to say that there's not many other players who've done this in league history, and while the competition for Philadelphia players to enter the pool to be picked from, I'd wager than Barca is just as sure in his inclusion as Salad is. There's a great pool of talent in the SHL to pick from when it comes to building out All Star rosters, and I can't wait to see who actually makes the cut when it comes to the big game.

Code:
268 words, 4 TPE

8/8

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3546413

[Image: wizard_literal2.gif]
[Image: SZRCDpe.png]

1. Milestones

[/url]
[url=https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=138052&pid=3546350#pid3546350]+1 TPE

Code:
8. Written, 50 to 200+ words. The Teammate One

Tell me about your teammate who made or you expect to make the all star
game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star
roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of
your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than
yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all
star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man
instead.)

There are a couple of my teammates from the Philadelphia Forge which I expect to be selected as all stars. First of which is an extremely obvious one with Cale Salad. Cale Salad put up an absolutely stunning season that puts him as a favorite to win MVP for the SHL. Cale led the league in scoring with 124 points, putting 60 pucks in the back of the net and helping on 64 others. Cale was a dominant offensive threat all season long which was instrumental on getting the Philadelphia Forge to the conference finals in the Challenge Cup playoffs.

Next on my list of teammates that should be selected as an all star is Tony Soprano. Tony Soprano finished 6th in the league in scoring and second on the Forge with a whopping 108 points. With the gabogool giving him the power and energy, Tony scored 46 goals and assisted on 62 more.

It cannot be overstated how important these two players are to this team and also the hockey world at large. Cale Salad and Tony Soprano dazzled fans at home and across the globe this season, filling highlight reels with their spectacular play. And their level of play deserves to be showcased at the all star game to a national audience.

Words: 214, +4 TPE

Code:
12. Written, 50 to 200+ words. Hall of My Own

The Hall of Fame is reserved for only the best, which means many are
left outside. So now we need something for the rest of us, what would
the other hall be called and how would people be selected for it? Would
you let people be members of both Halls?

So you've heard of the Hall of Fame, where the best of the best end up to be enshrined in hockey immortality. Well let me introduce a new hall, one where players are forgotten and shunned. It's the Hall of Shame, located in a dark alley behind the SHL's Hall of Fame. It's where the lowly banned or rejected members of the SHL end up. The worst of the worst. Their names are spray painted onto the back wall of the Hall of Fame. The Hall of Shame's members have their induction ceremony by hanging out back there, smoking cigarettes, gambling, and further vandalizing the prestigious Hall of Fame. Usually, the Hall of Shame has to continually recreate their infamous Hall because the Hall of Fame keeps hiring people to paint over the “vandalism” which are their members' names. But that is ok to the Hall of Shame, it's just more reason to get together and recreate their degenerate haven.

Words: 160, +3 TPE

[Image: LChpoGG5_o.jpg]

1. Send-Down Milestones +3 TPE

[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]
[Image: UCTqPUg.png]

J GM pass

[Image: mysteriousfish.png]
Amazing Sig done by @OrbitingDeath

[Image: 8W5aE8t8_o.jpg]

@MuNk22 with the amazing sig