Create Account

S77 All Star Week Due: Sunday, August 4th @ 11:59 PM PST

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and
then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the
person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks
milestones.
Link: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3547026

Code:
Written, 50 to 200+ words each. Shiny Grab Bag

5. Plan a heist to steal all of Luke's money.
If I was going to steal Luke's money, I would plan an elaborate heist while he is recording one of his podcast. I would send in a ton of topics to keep him busy talking, and then I would drop down from the ceiling, Mission Impossible style. I would take whatever I could get, anything is more than I have!

Code:
8. Written, 50 to 200+ words. The Teammate One

Tell me about your teammate who made or you expect to make the all star
game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star
roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of
your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than
yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all
star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man
instead.)
I fully expect Texas Renegades forward Chris Valentine to make the all-star team. Valentine was a beast this season, leading the Renegades in assists with 77 and points with 113. He was all over the place, scoring when needed while also pacing the forward group each night. Because of Valentine's all-around ability to play well both offensively and defensively, I not only expect him to make the roster but I also expect him to slot right into the first line center position. I believe that Valentine is one of those players who makes everyone around them better, we have seen that in Texas and I can only imagine the same will happen with a group of all-star caliber players around him in this game. Valentine is a converted defenseman now playing the center position, so I am sure the linemates in this game will appreciate his defensive mindset to go along with his ability to find open teammates. The other reason I think that Valentine deserves to be in the all-star game is because of his leadership. As a multi-season leader in Texas, I would hope that the all-star committee could take a look at how he has led his team and how beneficial that will be when some of the younger individuals join him in this all-star game.

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2024, 12:24 PM by Omij. Edited 1 time in total.)

Milestones:
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3544818 (3 TPE)

12. Most of us won't get near Hall of Fame contention. So I propose an idea: The Hall of Mid. It's a fine line of being in the league for long enough to be above replacement, but not being a superstar. These are the line 2 players that every team needs. Maybe the backup goalie for a championship team. Even a one time all star could be here. Just be the best at being average to be in this exclusive club. Now sure it may be hard to quantify what counts as average, but the point of it is to let someone who maybe didn't get the chance to ascend to that level a look into what could've been. As for the people stuck in between these? No clue. They would be allowed on the ballet for the Hall of Mid, but due to the very critical nature of this club, they'd most likely not get voted in. The same goes towards any below average guys. It's almost like the WAR metric in baseball, where for this Hall, any players with a 0.1-2 WAR would be considered. (4 TPE)

Milestones: 3TPE

12: I actually currently like the hall of fame format. Yes, there are a ton of great players that get left off, but that is what makes it so special. Only the true hall of famers and special players get their name in it. It keeps it exclusive and sought after. If you start adding secondary Hall of Fames, it may devalue the ultimate prize. The only thing I may add is a sort of Ring of Honor for each team. Teams can add their best players that they choose to add for whatever reason. It will be completely up to the teams. Something like this may already exist, but I could not find it. Most real life leagues have something like this, so incorporating it here would be great. It gives the great players at least some recognition for their careers. Of course these users can be in both groups as well. In fact, if a user is in the Hall of Fame but not there team’s Ring of Honor, it would be shocking. The only explanation would be that the person was toxic. This would be the only addition I would consider to keep the Hall of Fame special. 

210 words. 4 TPE

7. This may not be the exact answer we’re looking for but I’ll go for it. I currently think all the pts are good and fun to write. Some new and funny ones would be cool but no complaints from me. However, I would like to see different ways to earn. With all pts being graphics or writing, I would like different earning methods than writing, graphics, or speaking. I wish I had some great ideas but I really don’t. I know there are a ton of people who play games in this league so possibly random tournaments or matches for some cash could be really cool. Just some suggestions.

110 words
2 TPE (only need 1 to make 8 tho)

[Image: mattyj.png]

Milestone isn’t linking correctly but I posted it in SMJHL Milestones. Gonna try to link again here. Got TPE for TA, Fights, Hits.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....877&page=5

[Image: mattyj.png]

1.Milestones + 2 TPE

5. Luke is the league’s jeff bezos, elon musk, or whatever other rich dude that you wanna compare him to. For many years now, the fitted hockey network (FHN) has been combatting Luke and his disinformation campaigns released through the simulation hockey network (SHN) in order to keep the average person in the loop about whats really going on. The fitted hockey network will use these eyes to convince their fans that luke needs to be knocked down a peg. In order to do this, we will arrive in a giant mob at his residence and demand he releases his funds into the wind, creating a giant scavenger hunt to find all the discarded cash. 114 words + 2 TPE

8. The tampa bay barracuda had another solid season in season 77 which resulted in some great performances by the team’s top players as they lead the team to another playoff berth and a disappointing first round exit at the hands of the Atlanta Inferno. While the Barracuda has a roster full of high flying scoring threats, solid all around 2 way forwards, and stalwart defenders on the blue line, one player stood above the rest as the most deserving to make this season’s all star game roster. While players like Johnny Wagner-Svensson, Benson Fiorentini, and John Brown have been perennial candidates for the slot, and are all still great choices, I believe that goaltender tibuk soonika is the best choice to represent the tampa bay barracuda at the all star game. Soonika in my opinion has the best case to win the McBride and he was the main driving force keeping the barracuda in close games when their offense couldnt score with the top tier teams and their defense couldnt shut it down like the top defensive teams. Tampa is a team that is slightly above average in most places, but their goaltending is top notch, awarding them many wins when Soonika is on his game. 206 words + 4 TPE

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

2. Who will be the star of the All-star game? Why you think they will be better than the rest?

I think Olof deserves a nod. NEW is full of superstar power, but Olof is our MVP, especially during the playoffs.  We live and die with Olof the Goalof. Also,  Pork Tenderloin deserves a nod, since they were on page for 66 goals in 66 games which is incredible for a defenseman. Honestly just about everyone from NEW [minus me...] had am outstanding season and could easily be justified to make the team. The only thing that stops that is how unfair it would be for everyone else in the league to not have any representation in the All star festivities. 101 words +2

3. Which are your three favorite Charity Auction items? Why those?

I really really really like the Luke and Rich podcast auction. So much so that I'm at like 100 bucks right now to be the guest star.  Hopefully I'm not forced to spend any more money on it! Luke and Rich have a great rapport with each other and I respect them greatly for app the contributions in the SHL.  Also I was super excited for the charity cards,  whenever they drop, since all of NEW will have there own card as well. It'll be neat to see and I'm sure the card team will do great getting those cards! Lastly I'm excited for the ugly blanket that Rich is determined to win. I thought about bidding on it just to make Rich open his velcro wallet a little bigger but I decided against it. Besides, it'll be fun to see who ends up with what by the end here. I'm just glad it is going to a good cause! 160 +3

5. Plan a heist to steal all of Luke's money.

Stealing Luke's Money is really easy. All you have to do is ask him for it. He's so generous and nice he will just give it away.

No but seriously, all you need is for Downer to turn off the banker verification for withdraws and hit him with a fat withdraw. But not to your own account, that will be noticed and reversed. Instead you transfer money to yourself with the memo for "S77 contracts" and pay it out 4 million at a time to random players. Then you withdraw that money to your account, calling it a "contract error".

Boom, cleaned money no problem. [105 +2]

7. Which PT(s) should be changed, how and why?

I don't think any should be changed per se, but I would like to see PTs have some more value. In that I mean encouragement to work with your team to submit like a known rival. Or like "which player on x team is the best?" And have a vote and discussion about it. But seriously they are already great, so I don't think any changes are really necessary. 69 +1

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE

3 TPE from milestones

3/8 TPE

Written, 50 to 200+ words each. Shiny Grab Bag

2. Who will be the star of the All-star game? Why you think they will be better than the rest?

Since my player is still in the SMJHL, I am going to focus on the SMJHL All-Star game. And I've got to go withy Anchorage Armada teammate here, Jesus Murphy. Murphy may have not been the tops in f the leaderboards, but we also didn't play on stacked teams. We played very solid for with the young team we had. I think Jesus will shine at the All-Star game, with some of the best players in the league as he teammates. I know I will be cheering for him to shine! 

100 words - 2 TPE

5/8 TPE

I really liked the shrine idea. I would love to see what they come up for the winner of this auction. I would also love to see what the person who wins this does with said shrine. Will it become a focal point for somebody's house, on their mantle perhaps? Will it be prominent in someones sports memorabilia space? I would like a follow up on this one after the auction. I also liked the blanket one, again, just really want to see what the end result will be and if it will be part of the winners home decor on their living room couch or at the foot of their bed.

100 words - 2 TPE

7/8 TPE

4. Who are the best players you shouldn’t pick in fantasy? Why?

I have noticed that Hodor is going near the top of most fantasy drafts. Having my first player in the SHL, Lyle Odelein III, be a first overall pick for a whole lot of people during his career, I get it. A defender who blocks a crap load of shots and also but up a fair amount of hits and points, I get it. This type of player is a no brainer for fantasy.

50 words - 1 TPE 

8/8 TPE

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2024, 03:17 PM by gaby.)

4. Who are the best players you shouldn’t pick in fantasy? Why? 4 TPE (200+ words)
Alright, let's start with forwards. Ekaterina Valieva is the new Marco Barengrub, what I mean by that is on paper they look like one of the best in the SHL but doesn't get points because of their role. Valieva is on a really good Baltimore team but isn't on their PP1, so avoid that player even though TPE wise they are in the top 10. Minnesota had a good season for the first time since we moved to FHM but I would stay away from Meta Knight. He's their best forward and for sure a top player in the league but he's getting pretty old, regression will get us all unless you're Olof Karsikko.

For defensemen, unless you're one of the last to select a d-man stay away from NOLA. They have by far the best top 4 in the SHL but fantasy wise it's hard to tell which one to go after. They will all get around 200 block shots which is great, but what separates a good fantasy d-man to a great one is their point production. Unless things change this season it's really a lottery to figure out who of Nash Topalo, Lester Oiduser, Hugh Manius and Filip Lund will pop off for them. Elena Maximova and Sydney Shaw are number 2 and 3 TPE wise for defensemen and yet I consider them risky picks. With Georg N'Zola leaving LAP for BAP, Elena should have their best season on a great Los Angeles team playing PP1. Sydney is more of a defensive d-man which is really valuable but not to a fantasy squad.

Goalies are more of a product of the team they play behind then their individual skills. Tibuk Soonika and Rhett "Shaggy" Carpet are our current best goalies and yet because they don't play for a top team, you will be able to find 8 better options.

7. Which PT(s) should be changed, how and why? 2 TPE (109 words)
I'm a big fan of the two options to choose a PT to write about. I usually have an easier time to write about the one that is more sim oriented. Problem is that last season all of them but one completely ignore that some of us are goalies in this league and figuring out a way to explain how my player was able to score a hat trick to win an OT game was quite a challenge. Or how about I win board battles as a goaltender. I know PT director is a tough job but please make sims oriented PT easier to write about for all positions.

9. All Star Showdown 2 TPE (105 words)
In the East, all teams but Montreal should end up with an all star player. Austin Morley played for a pretty bad Manhattan team but 76 pts should earn him a spot. Denebor Milasch had an impressive rookie year in net for Toronto and along Jack St-Clair should make the All star team.

In the West, Julian Eaglesong should make it for Edmonton. Minus 66 is not ideal, but the current format prefers every team being represented and 69 points should get it done. I know multi bid teams are reserved for top teams but both Will Tomlander and Shadow Fenix deserve to represent Seattle.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

SMJHL Milestones + 3tpe

[Image: Fsysi9W.png][Image: R6eC8Fu.png]
285 TPE
OTT (S76-)
[Image: ApcZMh6.png]
credit: enigmatic
389 TPE
COL (S56-60)

1.Milestones, +3TPE

Prompt 10 - 216 words

Code:
Baron Samedi: A Pleading Letter to the SHL Awards Team

Hello Award Team, I write to you from a place of despair.

Look, I was so close to hitting multiple milestones this season. Like, seriously, inches away. It’s only fair that I either get another game to nail them down or they just hand me the awards because, let’s be real, I totally would’ve gotten them. I mean, who else was playing with bones in their locker room and still managing to perform like I did? No one, that’s who.

I was right on the verge of some amazing achievements. It’s obvious to anyone with eyes that another game would’ve been all I needed to make history. The spirits were guiding my every move. Even they’re annoyed that the season ended without me getting my due recognition. They won't stop bothering me at night, telling me how close I was, begging me to return to the swamp. Do you see what I deal with? I'm not saying it's your fault, but...

So, here’s the deal: the awards committee should just recognize the inevitable. I’ve been out there doing things no one else can even dream of. It’s only fair they hand over the trophies, no questions asked. The ancestors agree, my teammates agree, and deep down, I know the awards folks agree too. Let’s skip the formalities and give credit where it’s clearly due. Those awards are mine.

[Image: QX0ggFb.png]

SMJHL GM Pass

[Image: SouthPaw.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2024, 04:57 PM by KalixIzalumi. Edited 1 time in total.)

Milestones: 2 TPE
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3547159

3. which are your three favorite charity auction items:
Personally I think the first should be a Jersey or something that has been with your player for a long time, assuming your player is willing to let it go for a good cause. Elly would be more than happy to give up one of her jersey's for a good cause, though not both. I can completely understand players wanting to keep things from their time for the memories. People tend to cherish those items more that were used widely and gives them a personal connection and would be willing/wanting to bid more and more. Another good item would be time with the team or an individual player. Getting to meet your heroes is a dream and should be relatively easy to give. Getting to know your favorite player or even the favorite team and maybe even step foot inside the locker room is something that someone will never forget. Lastly I think for the younger players, a ride on the Zamboni would be amazing. While it is a job that needs to be done, what young hockey fan hasn't wanted to take a ride!? parents could bid for different games to ride and have their kids center ice and zooming around for everyone to see before the next half of the game starts. 

(214 words 4 TPE)

10. most dedicated:
Personally I am a bit biased, but I still vote Naomi (NaomiMannequeen). She has already won a reward or two in the past, but I am taking this moment to gush on her just a bit. She clearly cares about the league and talks about it to her friends and dedicates herself. She is the reason Elly and I are here. She is always willing to help with ideas, builds, trivia, and she even has helped me navigate the player portal and index in the past, clearly demonstrating her knowledge. While she isn't the only dedicated user and seems to be well known, I still just want to put my support towards her. 

(113 words. 2 TPE). thanks for the gush session. <3
((P.S. naomi is super cute.))
8 TPE total. 

no milestone success. therefore, no milestones. sadge. +0. no post.

I don't necessarily have any favorite auction items, because I think they're all pretty good, but there's definitely a few that stick out for different reasons.
Most Impressive: So far, the Asron Bot replacement naming! It's up to 350 at time of posting this which is incredibly impressive, and I think everyone is very excited beyond that about having a replacement for that bot. Struggling through record and stat tracking without it has not been fun for me and I would bet I'm not the only one who's been feeling that way in its absence. Praise new bot. Love new bot.
Funniest: The poems by Reno's friend who had foot surgery are extremely hilarious just as a concept. Over elaboration on a concept is always hilarious, and there's just something deeply funny about the specifics on this one.
Most Interesting Media Related Offering: I would love to say my own, but it's pretty bog standard, so I will instead put the rigging of Jexter's power rankings here, because I think it's funny on the surface but will also be hilarious to look back on in the future and in sequence of all the other power ranking posts, especially if there's no explanation of why it is the way it is.

[210 words, +4 tpe] 

Code:
8. Written, 50 to 200+ words. The Teammate One
Tell me about your teammate who made or you expect to make the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man instead.)

Austin Morley had a great season on a frankly not very good team. With a +11 point gap on the next highest scorer on the team, elder statesman Aksel Fiske, Morley stands as a driving force behind Manhattan's mild amount of success. He served as the center on a line with aforementioned Old Man Aksel Fiske and Small Rookie Child Celeste Desjardins to an obviously great amount of success relative to the team's outcomes. He recorded time anchoring not only the 5 on 5 first line, but the first power play unit and first penalty kill unit, with 2 game winning goals and an astounding 54.6% faceoff win record. with a full hundred more faceoff wins than losses. Only one Rage player, defenseman Jaromir Jagrbomb, recorded a higher average time on ice than Morley did this season, and even then only by a few seconds. And what is an All Star if not the guy that can begin to drag a struggling team back up with him? Who can assist the players who might be facing the downswings of their careers, while also dragging the young and impressionable players further up the rankings to meet their full potential? By every metric, Austin Morley is the Rage's best player of the year and deserves the All Star nod.

[217 words, +4 tpe]

[+8 tpe total]

[Image: skyrrhawk.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2024, 05:09 PM by Ragnar. Edited 1 time in total.)

Prompt 1: Milestones +3

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3547167

Prompt 12 - 205 words +4

If I had to make a hall of not fame, for all us peasants who weren’t good enough to make it (psych I have a first ballot hall of famer lmao), I would call it the Hall of Was Decent But They Just Weren’t THAT Good and in order to get into it, you have to just not be THAT good. So far, Ongo Gablogian fits perfectly into that category. He is certainly a very okay player, and was just coming into his own before he was ripped from the teat of the SMJHL and thrust into the big leagues where he will once again be a bottom feeder. His highest point total was like 50 in 66 games. For a defenseman, that’s not too bad at all, one may even call it decent. But it’s simply not THAT good. There were defensemen who scored way more points than that, and on the other side of the coin there were defensemen who didn’t even come close to that. Right directly in the middle, someone who is decent, but isn’t THAT good. Like someone who is point per game a few seasons but never really wins any awards and never really leads the league in anything.

Prompt 13 - 100 words +1 because that’s all I have left to claim

I actually really enjoy the pipeline idea, as it is a bit like a true minor league where teams are associated with each other. An example would be Philadelphia’s SMJHL team is Anchorage, and all of Philly’s prospects would play in Anchorage. I get that this is unrealistic for a few reasons, one being the SMJHL is a junior league, more similar to the OHL or QMJHL than the AHL. Also, no SHL team would have enough prospects to fill an entire SMJHL roster. But it’s kind of a best mixture of a draft feeder league and a farm system.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2024, 06:14 PM by Toivo. Edited 2 times in total.)

ISFL PT + 3 tpe

Milestones +3 tpe

Code:
Task 8

I would love to see Axel Kirby out there in the all star game. With 27 goals and 56 assists, Kirby is an outstanding teammate and a big reason for the panther’s success. His offensive game rating is 84, best on the Panthers. If the All stars was about getting the best offensive players, Kirby would be a top pick for one of the teams. His 13.2 shooting percentage is solid too. Pprich obviously is the most deserving Panther, but right there behind him is Axel Kirby. I look forward to seeing Kirby out there, or in the next all star game making people regret not picking him. (111 words)

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]