Create Account

S78 SMJHL PT #0: New Places Due: Sunday, August 11th @ 11:59 PM PST

Honestly, I have never been so shocked in a draft in my life. I had an inkling that the San Diego Tidal wanted to draft me, after all, the GM and myself are very close, but to know how it would have happened is something I couldn't have even dreamed about. Between teammates being excited for me, and the GM being excited, along with my friends, this was hands down one of the best draft nights I have ever had. While the Tidal are still a new franchise, and are continuing to do the work to get a locker room off the ground, it feels amazing to be a part of that build process from the beginning. In some ways, it does remind me of being in Nevada first, where really, our draft class was also the beginnings of that locker room being the modern version of what it is right now. I'm beyond excited for the season and my career with the Tidal over the next several seasons.

[Image: 66168_s.gif]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Jacob Marsh 37th overall pick in the recent SMJHL from Dundas Ontario was left wondering what life in Newfoundland would be like. Growing up hearing many Newfy jokes he was unsure what to expect. What he found did not disappoint. He stated there were a few people's accents that may take some time to fully comprehend, but the people are friendly and the scenery is second to none.

What really took him by surprise was the welcome received from the locker room. “Just a great group of guys. Really from leadership all the way to fellow drafted rookies, couldn’t have asked for more. They were quick to welcome us all and get us situated with anything we need.” Marsh said. “Really couldn’t have asked for much more from a rookie locker room and I know with the group assembled in this locker room we’re due for some exciting times for the Berserkers. I just need to put my head down and get to work.”

When asked about the hazing from earlier reports out of the Zerks locker room Marsh responded vaguely “Does that sound like something we’d do in Newfoundland?”

It will be an exciting time watching Marsh and the other members of the Newfoundland Berserkers as they look to develop into a true contender.

[Image: QPFI01y.jpeg]

I'm Charles Louchard, got drafted to the carolina krakens mid 3rd round, the teammates were all welcoming throwing away claps, greetings and warm words. The team is pretty united seems like they've known each other for a long time. Wasn't a second where they seemed negative or unwelcoming of people which makes the LR super welcoming. @sve7en, multiple @mammoth are super active and fun, don't think there will be a lot of negative drama in this LR. Haven't been the most active player so far, (got caught up with work a lot) but defenetly not feeling intimidated to talk in the LR having open people like that. @Mammoth of BIG LOSER has been very helpful posting TPE opportunities and reminders to do them as well as proposing help if needed with how to make them etc. Anyways, the LR will definitively be interesting through out the season and for sure will keep me entertained with the comments as well as the multiple channels that are super diversified for what you like IRL.

Anthony Louchard entered the Maine's Timbger locker a bit late sadly lol. But The Tree family was really welcoming as soon as he joined. I've had a lot of people on the team reaching out to me in dm asking if I had any questions or if I needed help. Anthony really loved it and immediately felt at home in the LR. I also leveled up for the first time in the discord by guessing pokemons right lmao. That was a first since I didn't know what it meant and then the LR went crazy on the ''W'' chat. There wasn't a big party or anythiny planned in particular but it didn't matter to Anthony. He's ready and committed with this team especially after signing a 5M$ contract lol. The great welcome he received meant a lot to him and he's ready to win the championship. Go TIMBER Go !  Timber Timber

As the rookies entered the Thunder Bay locker room the atmosphere immediately put to ease most fears for the first time players. SMJHL newbie Tip Toasty breathed a sigh of relief as the vets’ positive welcomes created an air of excitement for the new players.

“I think it just helps us get over those initial nerves and get on to being able to think about the upcoming season, you know?” Toasty said of his initial positive interactions. “There were lots of warm welcomes from the start, plus they have a little area set up for music, which means everything to me as someone obsessed with music.” Beyond the culture, Toasty is excited for the opportunity to develop. “They’ve already given me some without tips that have helped me improve some aspects of my game. I think this will be a great place for my development .”

The Thunder Bay Walleye now turn their attention to developing team culture and their new draftees, Teddy Bloos, Puddles O’Ducking, Chaos Giraffe, and Tip Toasty. “We have a good team with some passionate young players, proven vets, and solid free agent signings,” claims Toasty. “I think we have a good chance to be competitive these next four seasons.”

It was safe to say that Normand Marineau was pretty nervous on draft time. I think it's even safer to conclude that being the only player drafted for the Colorado Raptors this season, he was ten times as nervous to meet the team. Rookies tend to gravitate towards each other when it comes to training camp as they are in the same situation, but for Marineau that was not the case. Showing up to the Colorado complex the day after the draft, Marineau presented himself to all of the management and his teammates with the firmest handshakes he could pull off. He was presently surprised to see that everyone was very nice and helpful with him and answered all his questions and concerns on day one. Everyone was excited to see Marineau and wanted him to suit up and get on the ice with them on day one to get a first glance of the French talent. Marineau got a chance to take a picture with the famous Colorado Raptor mascot and sign his newly lamented contract, which he is excited to spend. Overall, Marineau was very happy with his first day with his new teammates, who all responded in a very courteous and respectful way to the young man.

[207 words]

[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 08-05-2024, 09:40 PM by Dash. Edited 1 time in total.)

delete wrong thread..too many tabs open lol

[Image: 53556226276_2eace1e209.jpg]
Bleed Black and Gold
[Image: malamutes.png]LD #6 Dash Jackson- Yukon Malamutes/Edmonton Blizzard Blizzard
[Image: 53364500956_b676deb89a_w.jpg]

Abbe Wass and the other rookies walked in to the loockerroom on the first day and got welcomed by the a majority of the team and the smell of those who wasnt there.
It was almost as if they started a little welcome chant and it almost felt like we were in Finding nemo. "Ah Oh Ah Weh Ah OhOhOh" (Finding nemo - Volvano Scene). 

After established that the rookies will be called baby boats We got the tour of the facilitys. 
This is where we train, This is the videoroom. And so on.
All was pretty normal, until we walked pass a door that wasnt mentioned. And upon a question on what was hiding behind it the answer was not fast. "Ehm. well, maybe one day you will go there. Its not a room for the first timers."

Then they quickly changed the subject. Shown us what seat we will be having. And after that it was time for the distribution av teammerch and clothes. Of course nothing was the right size for Abbe. "You look bigger then you are, We are gonna have to work on that. You ave to become bigger than you look"

At the end of the tour everyone was standing in the lockerroom hyping each other with a deep voice saying "Boats, Boats, Boats, Boats"
And at the same time the rookies contracts was presented, signed and sealed.

Hip Hurts limped into the Battleborn locker room and was relieved to see that the team set a very aggressive standard with the air conditioning in the building. Coming from Finland, Hip is still not sure if he will ever adjust to the Nevada desert. The team was very welcoming and friendly, and Hip recognized some familiar faces and older players that he knew from European leagues and international play. The team bonded with a continuous lord of the rings binge marathon for the new rookies, which takes like 2 full days but it’s better than immediately jumping into strength and condition. The biggest surprise however, was finding out that Nevada flew his older brother Tummy out from Chicago to attend their first practice. It had been a while since they last saw each other, and Tummy was even allowed to suit up and join them on the ice, where Hip and the rest of the Battleborn team scored on him with ease.

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92 

I'm Jérémy Louchard. I've been draft with my cousin Charles with Carolina. I was greatfull to be draft with him. I would have love to be draft with my other cousin as well but will maybe play together in the future us 3. But Carolina guys were super nice to me. Obviously I had a lot of questions about the league, and the guys all answered them. They're inviting me to multiple things online, like gaming and other things like that. There's a part where all the animals are which is kinda funny. I think there will be a lot of fun in the chat comes simulation game time. So yeah, I feel already part of the team and I'm pump for the upcoming season and many seasons after too. Let's go Carolina, we're coming for it, we're coming for it all guys, just watch us.

Jauhnne Hawky was feeling very anxious about meeting his new team, the Kelowna Knights, Being drafted at 39th, he could not help but wonder, did the Knights really want him, or was he simply what was left at that point in the draft? He also could not forget the miscommunications that had happened and caused his Draft Free Agent contract to fall through, would they hold that against him? However, Jauhnne was able to dismiss these thoughts as quickly as they came, despite everything he had made it, and that was something he could take pride in. As he entered the locker room, he quickly realized he had been worrying for naught. The general manager was there to welcome Jauhnne to the team, like a prodigal son returning home. The rest of the Knights were just as welcoming, and they kept greeting Jauhnne using old-timey words and accents. "Must be some sort of in-joke." Jauhnne thought. He was overfilled with joy at the reception, and could not wait to show his new team what he could do on the ice.

[Image: 8yXUpwH.png]

Master Empoleon - RD
THE ONLY MASTER EMPOLEON

Vladimir Bar-down III had just been drafted into the prestigious hockey league, and today was his first day in the team’s locker room. The moment he walked through the door, the noise of conversations and clattering equipment seemed to hush, if only for a heartbeat.
The room was a mosaic of team colors, the smell of fresh sweat and leather lingering in the air. Vladimir’s eyes scanned the space, taking in the familiar jerseys hanging in their places and the various personal touches that adorned each locker. As he took a few hesitant steps forward, he felt a mixture of excitement and nervous anticipation.
Suddenly, the team captain, a grizzled veteran with a reputation for both skill and camaraderie, clapped his hands loudly, drawing everyone’s attention. “Alright, everyone, gather ‘round! We’ve got a new face in the room!”
The players began to assemble, their chatter rising in volume as they made their way over. Vladimir was greeted with a mix of curious stares and friendly smiles. Some of the guys gave him nods of approval, while others offered more enthusiastic handshakes or pats on the back.
One of the forwards, known for his sense of humor, stepped forward with a grin. “Hey, Vlad! Welcome to the team. We’ve heard a lot about you. Let’s see if you can live up to the hype!” He playfully ruffled Vladimir’s hair, earning a few chuckles from the group.
Another player, the team’s resident jokester, handed Vladimir a small, carefully wrapped package. “This is your official welcome gift,” he said with a wink. Inside the package was a personalized team jersey with “Bar-down III” emblazoned on the back, as well as a pair of custom-made socks with the team’s logo.
As Vladimir was settling into his new locker, a few of the players started sharing stories about their experiences on the team, each one adding a bit of humor or wisdom. The captain then announced, “Alright, let’s hit the ice for a bit. We’ve got some drills and a scrimmage planned. But first, let’s do a quick team bonding session.”
The team gathered around in a circle for a quick icebreaker exercise. Each player had to share a fun fact or a memorable moment from their hockey careers. Vladimir, although a bit nervous, shared a story about his junior league championship game, which got a few laughs and nods of approval.
After the bonding session, the team headed out to the ice. As Vladimir put on his skates and joined the practice, he felt a growing sense of belonging. The drills were intense, but the camaraderie and encouragement from his new teammates made the experience feel less daunting.
By the end of the day, Vladimir felt a lot more at ease. The warm welcome and the effort his new teammates made to integrate him into the group had turned his initial nerves into enthusiasm. As he left the rink, he couldn’t help but smile, eager for the many more days and moments he would share with his new team.

"With the 45th overall pick, the Detroit Falcons draft.... Jimbob Ghostkeeper. Great name."

Jimbo could hardly believe it. As a newcomer in the league and a quiet voice pre-draft, how could he? After blindly joining the league with zero expectations, listening in on conversations and generally behaving like the ghost of his namesake, it was now his time. The locker room welcomed him with open arms. He hadn't been sure of anything thus far, much less that teams had interest in him. Upon entering the locker room for the first time, he was greeted with claps on the back, handshakes, and hopes of a successful season. The words "GOAT" and "All Star" may have come up, but Jimbo was more than happy to just join the team and get to work. He was just glad to be accepted despite his quiet approach and entry into the league. With the support of the team, he is primed and ready for his new season to begin.

When I walked into the locker room I was astonished at how tall everyone was without skates. The other draftees were and I felt welcomed by the rest of the team. The room smelled of rich mahogany which must have been an air freshener because the benches were made of steel. We went around the room and introduced ourselves and told of where we are from who our idol hockey player is and our favorite pregame ritual. My favorite pregame ritual was from McLovin who said he goes to Burger King before every game and orders two classic chicken sandwiches with mayo and lettuce. He said it pumps him up and gives him the strength he needs to skate around. When he was asked why Burger King and not McDonald’s, McLovin exclaimed “I’m loving it!” We also played a two truths and one lie ice breaker. One draftee, Earl Biggins, didn’t understand the instructions of recalling the group two truths about your life and then one lie about your life and then the group had to guess what the lie is. His answers were “I like small puppies, I like big puppies and I like all puppies.” After our ice breaker coach came out and discussed plans for practice.

[Image: HqPCLbj_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand]