Create Account

S78 PT #0: Taste of a Champion Due: Sunday, August 11th @ 11:59 PM PST

Option 2

Robo Sven has known a lot of success over the last season. After winning the 4 Star Cup, he immediately got on the plane and won the WJC gold medal. So it may seem disingenuous to talk about lofty expectations, considering he hit all of the marks you can dream of in just his third season. But the true mark of a champion is never quite being satisfied, isn't it? The next season is rapidly approaching, and it's going to be the last season Sven has with the Vancouver Whalers. They obviously have a target on their back being the defending champions, and some might think that they can relax a bit after getting their hardware. But Sven and the rest of Vancouver will not be satisfied with a good showing this season, they're going for nothing less than a back to back finals victory. Sven knows that any cup win is an uphill battle, but there's no budging on his expectation every season.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

[Image: bcQn20g.jpeg]

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

Option 1:
Have you ever noticed how everyone's favorite part of the muffin is the top? Everyone tucks in on the top and then they get to the bottom and they don't even want to bother peeling off the liner, let alone eat the bottom.

Well, the Beneski family tradition has heard your desperate cries of minor annoyance. The secret Beneski recipe makes the whole muffin, then breaks off the top, leaving the despicable bottom in the kitchen while the guests enjoy the sweet fruits of the top.

They've really taken the muffin top to places it's never been before. They have savory, main course muffins, with meat and vegetable filling served with gravy, for the main course. There is a garlic muffin, served with cheese melted on the top. If you can imagine such a thing, there's even a dessert muffin.

So, when it comes to cooking dinner Elaina has things well in hand. Now, do you think of we leave these muffin bottoms in the visitors' locker room, they'll eat them?

ISFL PT (username is Drizzy)

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Written option 2:

When looking back at the past few seasons the Forge are right there, they have found themselves at the conference finals on multiple occasions but have been unable to secure that final win of the season. Looking at the team and around it is on everyone to continue to put in the work and get better so they are able to continue their string of moderate playoff success. Of course they need to find another way of getting over the hump and pushing themselves to the next level in order to actually come out with a championship. For this they need to keep their focus and hopefully finally put an end to Olaf’s ridiculous playoff success. He has had their number but knowing that now it seems like they should know how to solve him. Of course this is all a mute point until they are able to once again put in the work all season long with most of the old faces and some of the new ones, and build up that chemistry in order to hit that peak level of compete!

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

PBE PT

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2024, 11:44 AM by Popol.)

Option 2:
The worst drop my player Louis Belanger has experienced in his short SHL career was last season, his second season in the SMJHL. After a first season where the team reached 19 wins, I had a bigger expectations and was hopping for the team to have around 30 wins or in other words, I wanted to be around .500. Unfortunately, that did not occur. We dropped and only finished with 22 wins if I remember correctly. My player had started great, for the first week and a half he was a star, PPG and scoring a lot of goals. Then @DeThePyro joigned my line and it destroyed everything and my performances dropped. I still finished first in GR on the team but I wished we had won more games. We did get a great comeback to that however, it was when we won in the playoffs and did a huge upset, the largest of all time in the SMJHL.

Option 1:

Thankfully, Paul Bondage is an incredible cook. The only downside, his specialty is vegan meals, of which a large portion of the locker room may not be a fan of. Living with his wife who is vegan, he cooks very often, but of course makes meals they can both eat. Knowing this, and knowing that most meat lovers do not enjoy the taste of fake meat substitutes, he prepares a penne arrabbiata. What is essentially just penne in a spicy red sauce, he makes sure to dip into his salary savings to get some of the freshest ingredients he can find, using extra pepper flakes to give it that extra spice. It likely won't win the competition, but Paul Bondage can rest happy that he made a good meal that everyone on the team will enjoy. It will certainly beat out Micool's 37 slice american grilled cheese that he has prepared for every person on the team.

WC: 159

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]

Actually doing a PT is weird, but I think I'll enjoy this one! The Zamboni is going to snag an old favorite dish from his long-retired mentor Walter Sobchak. The dish in question is a simple ribeye, but tastes amazing for a non-Michelin quality steak. The seasonings will be exquisite yet simple, but the biggest challenge will be keeping the peanut butter oozing out of the Zamboni's hood from getting on the grill. Given how well supplied the peanut butter is on the Zamboni, this may be more of a "do if you can" level of task and improvisation on the flavor may be needed! Also if feeling devious, the Zamboni can always use smoke and mirrors tactics to distract the other opponents, most likely through a well-timed Thunderdome post that will allow the zamboni to destroy or remove other competitors equipment! Not a soul would suspect the Zamboni of all people to be up to no good, right?

Code:
164 words

[Image: sobchak.png]

Code:
Written Option 2: What has been the worst drop from the top your player has experienced? When did the we got this turn into it’s so over? And how did they get back on the long road to winning? Where they find the mental strength to keep pushing after a devastating loss? Do they need help of their teammates or are they the one helping? How it makes them stronger together and helps them reach for the top again?

Fortunately for Oskar he has had an overall strong performance year over year since joining the SHL, but it hasn't been without its small setbacks. In his rookie season he fell just short of a point per game pace collecting 22 goals and 65 points. He didn't receive any love for the top rookie award that year, but he built on that performance with a 74 point sophomore season and then a 95 point junior season including 33 goals, both career bests at the time. At this point he was well on his way to crossing the 100 point threshold and joining the elite class of SHL. Sadly that didn't happen in his 4th season and instead of building on his previous bests he dipped to just 66 points. 29 fewer than his previous season and just 1 more than his rookie season and with just 21 goals, his fewest so far in his career. This happen to coincide with San Francisco taking a step back as well. Coming off a Cinderella playoff run in season 74 they hovered around .500 for most of season 75 and were eliminated in 4 games in the first round of the playoffs. Fortunately for San Francisco and Oskar they quickly rebounded in season 76. Oskar would go on to post 117 points, almost double his previous season total, and San Francisco would win the whole thing as they hoisted their first ever Challenge Cup win!

[Image: IAP8v68.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

It’s a summer cookout so things are going to be hot. You have to take that into mind. I’m going to be making my very own pulled beef sandwiches. The sweetness is incredible and the meat is so amazing when it’s in your mouth. Toss that in with some amazing homemade buns and you’re off to the races. Unfortunately, it might take a tiny little bit, but there’s nothing wrong with preparing a little bit before. Toss on some seasonings and toss that baby into the oven or smoker and let it do its job. Make sure you turkey it every now and then, so it keeps its juices and stays nice and moist. Get that brown sugar concoction mixed all onto it and get that sauce all in there . That’s when you know it’ll be time. it’s always been a big hit for the family, something that I love a lot and I know everybody’s really going to enjoy it. It might not be the most amazing thing, but it’s going to leave mouths drooling.

And then because it’s summer, I’m gonna grab a few cases of Miller genuine draft for everyone to enjoy because it’s one of the best beers you know?

Funny you should ask since it was just earlier this week that Rence Sykut received a revolutionary new kitchen gadget that would steal the show in a cooking competition. A crepe maker. The possibilities are truly endless. Does the team have a sweet tooth? Rence can make dessert crepes with fresh fruit and cream cheese filling with some nutella on top. Is the team a bunch of meat heads that prefer savory foods? Rence can make a stuffed Hungarian crepe with pork filling and creamy paprika sauce drizzled on top. The world of crepes is truly open ended and bound to please even the most picky of crowds. The other advantage of this gadget is that mass production is simplified, so no one has to wait too long for their crepe of choice to be prepared. It is beyond doubt that Rence would dominate this competition because if you do not like crepes, you likely do not have a pulse.   

160 words
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2024, 09:31 PM by gurbs. Edited 1 time in total.)

Stuff is about to throw down in the team's offseason cook-off. This isn’t just a friendly get-together; it's a battle of culinary supremacy. Tony's got a secret weapon up his sleeve: his nonna's legendary Gabagool.

While some of his teammates might be plotting sabotage or bribing judges with extra dessert, Tony’s not worried. He’s got the ace of all aces—Gabagool. This isn’t just any dish; it’s the reason for his on-ice success, or so he claims. According to Tony, a bite of Gabagool is like a power play in your mouth.

When it’s Tony’s turn, he unveils his Gabagool with the flair of a magician revealing a rabbit from a hat. The aroma wafts through the room, and his teammates, who were initially skeptical, start to drool. The judges—his teammates—are blown away. Tony’s Gabagool is the unanimous winner. He’s crowned the cook-off champion, and everyone’s convinced that this dish is the real reason they had a great season.

[Image: gurbs.gif]

ISFL affiliate

[Image: draft-ad.png?ex=66247d0e&is=6612080e&hm=...cddcfb611&]

Viktor Hargreeves and I decided to do a cook off for the team's summer party. This all stemmed from a disagreement on what to eat between the two of us.

You see Viktor is the pinnacle of human excellence getting earning that through dedication to a mental and physical hard work. He keeps himself fueled with only the best to help himself keep at this peak performance. Something along the lines of the Tom Brady way of life.

I on the other hand rely on God given talent and luck. This is typically fueled by the worst food imaginable with the best tastes. Hey it has worked so far and I haven't died, so I dedicated myself to the Phil Kessel training regiment.

As you can probably tell our takes on a team meal we're quite different.

When the time came for presentation, a beautiful plate of an assortment of colours, textures, and favour's were given to each teammate from Viktor. The tastes of the food smelled delicious and each teammate spoke of how it was a delight for every sense of the body.

I dropped off cheese burgers, hotdogs, and chips an array of meat, and grease filled the air with colours of brown, tan and orange filled the table. As I lick my fingers clean of the grease from cooking them. "You can add ketchup, but god help you if you ruin it with vegetables." I told my teammates as they took a bite.

Justin Time:
OH MY GOD THIS IS WAY BETTER!

Toasty:
Did Hargreeves try and poison us? This is soooo good!

Dominik Winters:
He wins, it is not even close!

Hargreeves scoffed as he grabbed a burger and took a bite. "OH damn, is this what I have been missing out on! Oh forget this rabbit food I served, we are going with this from now on!"

And thus began the regression of Viktor Hargreeves.

Just than Edzus Ozolins showed up in his 2007 KIA soul with a big pot of chilli in his hands. "Wait guys, don't decides until you try my world famous chilli!"

Ozolins slipped on a rock coming down the hill and the chilli spilled all over him. "It's ok, you can just lick it off me. I really need the win, come on guys try it."

As everyone dove into their burgers and hotdogs.

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride