Create Account

S78 PT #0: Taste of a Champion Due: Sunday, August 11th @ 11:59 PM PST

Atticus Hale broke into the SHL in Season 64 after spending four seasons in the SMJHL. Season 78 will be his 15th season in the SHL and over that time he’s never really flirted with a championship. He has spent his entire career with the New Orleans Specters and both he and the team have had some very good and promising regular seasons. Unfortunately, that has never culminated into a trip to the Western Conference Finals let alone the Challenge Cup Finals. The closest he and the Specters have gotten was a heartbreaking game 7 loss to the Winnipeg Aurora in the quarterfinals of Season 69. That season was followed by a number of seasons of varying success with the Specters hovering around the middle of the pack. However, nothing compared to the disappointing fall that both Hale and the Specters experienced in Season 72. Following a 37-26-3 Season 71, the Specters, seemingly out of nowhere, took a nosedive to 23-40-3 in Season 72, barely making the playoffs. Hale was still near the peak of his prime but managed only 68 points (second on the team) after Season 71 saw him put up 92 points which is the best season of his career.

[203 words]

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: kPo7Awc.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]

"It feels like a legacy that has just carried with me since joining the SHL, I knew coming into here I would have an element of experience but I also carry a massive shadow not many people can compare to. I have been in the championship finals about 3 times in my life. I am currently 0 for 3. While some players just get unlucky, my case simply feels different. Within back to back seasons of my final two years in the Victory Hockey League, I was a member of the London United. We went to Game 6 with a 3-2 series lead and both times have failed to win that final game. My final game in the VHL is historically known for me getting ejected in the first minute for a fight, my team lost the remainder of the game. The night previously, we went into double overtime in which we lost. I obtained a penalty in OT and looked in fear if I cost the team everything. I've been at rock bottom from hockey in regards to.. failed championship hopes. Though, the SHL has given me purpose to continue playing and get that championship I was so close to getting."

[Word Count: 202]

Written Option 2

Well unfortunately, this one is very recent for me and my teammates. Last season, the Texas Renegades were up 3-1 in the cup finals against the New England Wolfpack. We were feeling on top of the world, with the cup in our sites if we just win one game out of 3. That excitement quickly turned to despair, as we lost game 5, then game 6, and finally game 7 was a loss too. We felt every emotion; shock, anger, confusion. It all happened so fast, and we overcame so much adversity to get to that point, I do not know if we really prepared for the opposite to happen to us. I know my teammates and I handled it with as much professional attitude as we could, but it did not hurt any less. The only silver lining is that getting the taste of being one game away from the cup means we will come back more ready than ever this season!

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

[Image: Pr50kHn.png]

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Option 1

Having just wrapped up her final season with the Maine Timber, Mia Lavoie was both sad about departing from a lot of her J's teammates and excited for the opportunity to get to know the gang in Atlanta. When she was approached about the cook-off though, she was pretty nervous. She heard stories about how a lot of the guys on the team are pretty solid cooks, putting together impressive briskets, stuffed burgers, quiche, and a fan favorite.. hot dogs. In an effort to impress her new teammates and also bring them a taste of her home back in Quebec, she opted to put together a good old fashioned, traditional poutine. Rather than fussing with a lot of details and making everything from scratch, she kept it simple and stuck with what's tried and true - she ordered some Saint Hubert brown sauce, fresh and squeaky cheese curds, and some nice thick straight cut french fries (none of that crinkle cut or shoestring BS). It might not be the winner takes all, but it'll definitely be a hit!

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid, swoosh and eni for sigs! <3

PBE PT

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]

After the Draft the Great Falls Grizzlies added another Icelandic player with Oatmeal Josephsdottir joining the club. That made 3 players from Iceland on the team, joining Elvar Gil-Gelad and AT-AT Wollker. A bit strange to have 3 players from such a small nation all on the same team! As they got to talking, they were lamenting the lack of traditional Icelandic cuisine to be found in Montana, and the talk of course turned to who was the better chef to make these traditional dishes! So they had a competition to see who could cook up the best version of Hakarl, a traditional seafood dish made of a fermented shark. It's a bit tricky because the dish can be poisonous because of a toxic amount of ammonia in it if not left buried in the ground for about 6 to 12 weeks. There's not a lot of shark to be found in the prairies, so they had to settle on trout since that's all they could catch. After burying it in a hole and letting it ferment, then hanging it to dry, they were excited to serve it up to their unsuspecting teammates. The Japanese players seemed to like it but otherwise it wasn't very popular with the Americans. ELvar was declared the winner because her dish only gave 4 of the teammates diarrhea, whereas AT-AT's and Oatmeal's versions not only gave their teammates the runs, but most of them puked as well. In the future, they will probably not try that dish again, but they do have plans to make the traditional Christmas dish of boiled sheep's head.

[Image: dZqcwmW.jpg?format=webp&width=710&height=473]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
Argonauts        S77 SHL DRAFT 4TH OVERALL PICK          Argonauts
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Option 2:

Cristoforo Roccamontepiano hasn't been playing for long by any stretch of the word, just completing his rookie season, but already he has a strange relationship with the Four-Star Cup. This started last season, when Cristoforo decided to sign with the Vancouver Whalers for his DFA late season/postseason. Expectations were low as Vancouver wasn't quite at the cup-contending level just yet, but still the team managed to achieve a first round upset before getting steamrolled by the Quebec City Citadelles on their way to winning the Cup. That offseason, Cristoforo would end up getting drafted by Quebec City headed into a rebuild. As they often do, QCC defied expectations and finished fairly high in the standings, and managed to make it to the second round of the playoffs. This time the roles would be reversed though as Vancouver became the powerhouse which deleted Quebec City on the way to winning a Cup of their own. The only constant through all this was Cristoforo Roccamontepiano being on the losing side of the Citadelles-Whalers second round matchup both times and the winning team going on to win the Cup, even though it was a different team each time. As the saying goes though, each loss is a lesson, so Cristoforo will be going into his next three juniors seasons hungry to make that push for his first ever championship.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]
Portal
Portal

Going to rely on old fashioned taco salad to blow away everyone. Doesn’t everyone love a taco salad? I always use turkey for my protein. Fry some ground turkey on the stove then top with taco seasoning, and I could stop right there. But add it to some mixed greens, add cheese, and I like some more crunch, so I add some tortilla strips or crushed chips. I really like Guacamole salsa to be my dressing. But I can also dish out some other salsa or sauces. This taco salad is sure to make you want to come back for more helpings. It’s versatile enough too that you can add all sorts of things to it like corn salsa, black beans, pinto beans, any kind of bean really. My player’s dish isn’t the most intricate, complicated or flashy, but I assure this dish will turn some heads and win some hearts. It’s perfect for a game day meal. Teammates will be asking for more of the Turkey taco salad.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

The worst drip from the top Juan has experienced is his jump from the Quebec City Citadelles to the Winnipeg Aurora. After experiencing only success in Quebec, multiple 50+ win seasons and a cup. Juan thought it would be easy to continue that success on another great team in Winnipeg. Unfortunately, he is arriving right as the dynastic Winnipeg team that many have feared for years finally seems to be approaching retirement. With lots of francise legends shipped out it's now up to him and the young new core coming up to weather the storm while still striving for wins. After his first season he realized the SHL is not junior. Its faster, stronger, and the skill gap between him and the elite seems insurmountable. Luckily Winnipeg still has lots of great vets he can lean on and help him adjust. It wont be easy but his goal is always the same. win the cup.

[Image: fFccrkD.png]

Ana’s worst drop would have to be S75 when she came off an MVP season and then crashed out of the playoffs early (and it’s possible that S77 will turn out to be a repeat of this with a first-round exit, though she played better). After the loss, she took some time away from the rink to collect herself and avoid ruminating on the mistakes she made, and then it was back to the training to come back even better. Season 76 was a lot of work to clean up her fundamentals, but it was a trip to the big leagues in Season 77 that really unlocked her potential and cemented her status as one of the top goalies in the SMJHL. Her journey can be an inspiration to others, as shown by being named captain before her third season for the Detroit Falcons, and she is hopeful that her senior season will be the one to finally get over that final hill and bring home a championship.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

ISFL PT

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

Option 1

Dag-Otto has always been interested in cooking, and enjoys trying and making new meals here and there. His entry into the professional hockey world has only helped expand this by all the new connections he's been able to make. Not to speak of the money he now has to buy more unique and different ingredients. So for this cook-off, he's going a little extra with it. And is planning to make ostrich roast. Ostrich is a meat very few people have ever ate, or even considered trying a bite of. So on top of the taste of his cooking he's hoping to score some extra points just based of the "wow, what is it? I didn't know this was a thing"-factor.

To make an ostrich roast you can follow pretty much any pork roast recipe. So that's what Dag-Otto did. He's prepared a nice roast and now we just have to wait and see what everyone else on the team will put on the table.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

(This post was last modified: 08-10-2024, 02:59 PM by Ohtaay. Edited 1 time in total.)

Option 1

The decline of my player’s career began with my previous player, Theo Kondos. I was fortunate enough to be drafted by Texas just as they were emerging from a rebuild, a situation similar to what Seattle is experiencing today. When I was called up to the Texas , the team was hitting its stride, making it a perfect time for me to join a powerhouse squad. During my time in Texas, we enjoyed significant playoff success, including reaching the finals and ultimately winning two Challenge Cups. We also had another shot at a championship, though we lost in the finals. As my player approached the end of his career, I decided to leave Texas to assist in a rebuild while still playing for a competitive team as I entered my prime.

I joined the Chicago Syndicate, a strong team that often rivaled Texas. Despite the strength of the Chicago team, we struggled to find playoff success and failed to win any championships. Eventually, I returned to Texas as they were once again finishing a rebuild, though I was late in my career. As the team improved, I eventually aged out and could no longer contribute as Texas re-entered their competitive phase. I spent the remaining years of my career in Toronto. The peak of my career came early, and I was never able to replicate that level of success, which marked the decline for me. Now, I’m hoping to achieve some success in Seattle and sustain it longer than I did in Texas

[Image: Oats.gif]

[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]