Create Account

S78 PT #0: Taste of a Champion Due: Sunday, August 11th @ 11:59 PM PST

1: 

I'd probably keep it nice and simple with a pan roasted salmon served with white rice, oven roasted broccoli and a healthy serving of bacchan's japanese barbeque sauce. That shit can make any meal a 10/10 and something like salmon is quick to prep, easy to cook and full of all the good shit athletes need to kick some ass out on the ice. It's probably not the most groundbreaking dish that'll be out there as I know the Argonauts have several big time chefs in their ranks, but that's why I wouldn't try to be too flashy or innovative -- I'm not a terribly creative cook and sometimes the best things in life are nice and simple. And seriously that japanese barbeque sauce is like a gift delivered unto us by the gods themselves, there's a heat level for everyone on the team and it's guaranteed to earn me a few extra points in the cookoff. End of the day I'm excited to eat a bunch of food prepared by my teammates -- we should do a potluck, i mean cook-off, more often!

[Image: W4vTrno.png]

[Image: PDyLXEi.png]

when the team decided to have a cook-off during the offseason, i wasn’t too worried—i’ve been whipping up voodoo-inspired dishes since i could reach the stove. sure, some of my recipes are a little... unorthodox, but when you’re dealing with secret family concoctions passed down through generations, normal isn’t the goal. i went with my signature dish: "swamp stew." it’s a spicy, rich mix of ingredients that you’d only find in the deep bayous. as i prepped, there might have been a few mysterious powders and herbs thrown into the mix. just for flavor, of course. they haven't trained their ki to harness the powers within, so it's wasted on them.

during the cook-off, i kept things low-key, letting the other guys get caught up in the chaos of the competition. my stew was easy, i just let it cook the entire time - the cauldron does the work for me.

in the end, my swamp stew took the crown, leaving everyone wondering what exactly they just ate. it's really better that they do not know the answer to this.

[Image: QX0ggFb.png]

Option 1: So what kaarlo Koivunen will do in the cook off is try to do some finnish foods like karjalan piirakka and korvapuusti what are good along with a siskonmakkara keitto as the main dish and kaarlo koivunen will add a bit of his own flavor to it and not just follow what he was tought since that would make it more finnish he thinks to make it even better he will try to make the food even more sweet then normal and try to increase the taste of the food from the orginal type so it would increase the chanche he would win the competition and if they leave some food behind he could enjoy eating the food even more then back home knowing its his own made and made even better then the orginal food was ment to be so thats what kaarlo koivunen would do if he would be in a team cook off and try to win

[Image: cVahF90.png]
[Image: 3XFmqtw.jpeg]

The Philadelphia Forge get together over the summer to help out bring some team bonding together. After they were eliminated in the Eastern Conference Finals last year they needed quite the push to get them over the edge and get back to the finals. So, somebody suggested before training camp and when most of the team is back in Philly, that they take a trip up to the Poconos and spend some time in the mountains. So they rented a huge house, bunked up and enjoyed themselves a weekend of team bonding fun. the only problem is, the personal chef they hired for the trip came down with a bad case of gout and couldn't make it. No problem, they all started discussing who would make what meal, and when it came to the big saturday dinner, it got heated, and fast. This is what happens when you have a big team full of competitive players. Every one has one specialty they make, so they turn it into a competition. Everyone makes a dish, they all vote for their favorite (obvi can't vote for their own), and let it rip. Ubba Lodbrok makes his specialty from home, Aebleskiver, little round pancake balls. He fills em with a foie gras mousse, tops them with a strawberry glaze and gets em out to the boys.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

PBE

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Option 2

Henri Losanov is still a young goalie who is about to begin his sophomore season in the SHL. He played pretty well all things considered on a rebuilding Seattle team that missed the playoffs as expected. But you see it was the first time since his last midget season he was the clear number one. Henri enjoyed his time in Regina but being in a tandem for the first time in his career was really hard for him. When you are considered the best in your region from a young age it's hard to share the net. All playoffs series he's been part off in the SMJHL has seen him lose his crease mid series, it's so difficult mentally and you start doubting yourself. That rookie year with the Argonauts is what he needed to boost his confidence. The pressure was low, he would face over 30 shots a game and most importantly he had fun out there.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

Option 1
Look, Maverick Reynolds never learned to cook. Let's get that straight, he had a nanny cook for him growing up and would order pizza on the nanny's day off. But the one thing he did learn from his SHL washout dad was how to curry favor and alienate his teammates in one way or another. Maverick is going to cheat the system. He's going to make burgers. Why? Because he's an American...that happened to be born in Ireland and plays for the British Isles...don't ask. But while he makes those burgers, which will all be medium rare because he follows Hank Hill's recipe of using propane and asking anyone who wants the burger to be well done to leave, Maverick is going to sabotage every other dish. As Eddie Guerrero said, "if you ain't cheating, you ain't tryin". That sabotage will be anything from flipping the cooking surface to psychological warfare to make the competitors too upset to cook well. Only one thing is for sure, and that's Maverick Reynolds winning.

PT pass

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

Jack St. Clair has always had the great fortune of playing on teams that lived up to their potential, tasting glory at both the junior level winning with the Quebec Citadelles in Season 69, and winning the Challenge Cup in Season 73 with Edmonton. However, there was a season or two of adversity that served as some low points for St. Clair in his career. Going back to Season 67, Quebec City had cruised through the regular season finishing first in the league and securing good playoff positioning. They were primed to win the cup that season but ran into a formidable foe in the Maine Timber who ended up besting the Citadelles in 7 games. The following season St. Clair and the rest of his teammates just didn't have any gusto and were knocked out in the 1st round. Vowing to not let that happen again Season 69 saw Jack along some impressive rookies led the team through the regular season and all through the playoffs to win the Four Star Cup.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Renegades  Citadelles Citadelles Renegades  Stars Blizzard Canada 

Task 2:

William Salming has indeed been lucky to taste some victories and championships. He has won everything possible and is a 23rd member of the Quad Gold Club. But after season 70 maybe it was time for Seattle Argonauts to head for rebuilding mode. Before that team won two SHL titles. So it was pretty hard drop from the top to the bottom level in the league wide. But Salming committed to rebuild. It gave him strength to push through hard times. He wanted to be a role model for a new generation. So that is a reason why Salming was able to push through tough times and now again the situation in Seattle is a much better. Team has a deep prospect pool and they almost reached playoffs after a while last season. The future looks good and you just have to believe always that there are better times ahead no matter what you are going through in your hockey career and so on.

[Image: salming.png]

Journey Man had high hopes in his final season in the J, ending up on a strong Regina team, finishing 3rd overall in the regular season and poised to make a deep run. Unbeknownst to the general public, the players knew that it would be the final season in Regina, and pushed extra hard to bring the fans their a championship. Unfortunately, it wasn't meant to be, and to add a bit of salt to the wound, the Vancouver Whalers, Man's sophomore season alumni, went on to win it all. That didn't surprise Man, as he knew that group had what it takes, but it's what makes his journey so bitter sweet. Journey get to meet so many new people and make new bonds, but it sometimes comes at the cost of glory. Heading into the SHL, Man may find himself in the same situation. Man will start his major career in Montreal, who is poised to stay towards the bottom of the standing, but are fully expected to make a return to glory within the next few seasons after that. But the future is a lot harder to predict going forward for Journey, who now has much more control on his journey.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: Tqabyfh.png]

Pt pass

[Image: Screenshot_87.png]

Written Option 2

I can't really say my current player, Lyle Odelein IV, has had all that much success in his career so far. He is heading into his fourth season with the Anchorage Armada and there hasn't been really any chances to take home any hardware. Lyle came into to SMJHL with very high hopes. He really wanted to get a legitimate shot or raising the Four Star Cup over his head, the only thing his father Lyle Odelein III did not win over his illustrious career. Now, the younger Odelein can still pull this off, the Armada could have a great season and surprise a whole lot of people or a trade could happen that might put Lyle on a contended team and give the Armada some help get them back to the top of the league.Who knows what may happen during this season for Lyle, this most likely being his junior career. He is still holding out hope that he will at least get a shot at taking home the Four Star Cup, just so he can give his dad a chance to hold the only trophy he has never held

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

Team France surprised everyone in the IIHF tournament this season. No one expected them to get out of the Round Robin stage, let alone push for a medal, so when they nearly got to the gold medal game losing by one goal to Japan in the semi-finals people took notice. Things looked good for them to potentially snag a medal against a floundering Finnish club. Unfortunately, the Finns came out and scored halfway through the first period and then again right at the beginning of the second. Edouard, who only had two points in the entire round robin managed to assist Luca Pane halfway through the second period to get France on the board. The Finns had something to say about that, though as they scored again to regain their two goal lead. It was all France in the third period, however, as Luca Pane came right back at them with another goal right after the start of the period. Ninety seconds later, Lavoie set up Xavier Beausoleil for the game tying goal. The two teams fought hard for the rest of the period forcing an overtime period. Unfortunately, Finland was ready and scored right out of the gate to take the Bronze. Edouard had his best game of the tournament, but it was not enough to help push team France to a medal. He intends to keep getting better until he can help the team bring home some well-deserved hardware.

[Image: MittschiffsSHL.gif]

Option 2:

I think that mr. Scaradog is definitely a great example of "always the bridesmaid, never the bride". It started even in the SMJHL, where still as a forward, he managed to climb to 3rd in the scoring race in his last season with the Maine Timber...only to not only not win any awards, not even get nominated for any. Even the bitter rivals of the Timber, the Berserkers, were able to recognize that Scaradog's omission was quite the surprise from that season's voting ballot - but how do you get past such a bitter moment in your career? Not only are your personal achievements unrecognized, you are then not able to convert a great season into any significant team achievement in the playoffs either, that makes for a very bad end to your junior career indeed. In fact, Scaradog would only play a few rookie seasons as a forward for his SHL team before recognizing he doesn't have what it takes to be a forward on the absolute elite level, and served as a defenseman for the team ever since. His career never completely recovered, and Manhattan with him on their blueline managed to lose back to back game 7s in the finals, shortly after which Archangelo Scaradog Jr. officially hung up his skates and left the SHL forever.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: LSZLcjq.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Manhattan Rage | Czechia

[Image: 8NuVFvj.png]