Create Account

S78 PT #0: Taste of a Champion Due: Sunday, August 11th @ 11:59 PM PST

Not last season, but the season before, is when it happened to both my player (and me as a co-GM at the same time). Trips has been amazing to rebuild Baltimore into something fun and competitive, and I always loved to be a part of what he was trying to accomplish. We managed to get to the finals for the first time, and we did all we could, but could not win against San Francisco. I’m not very competitive, but I REALLY wanted to win that one. Last season was good, but it was not the same. We are still in our window, but other teams too, so next season will again be a fun challenge. So it was not a big drop, but it was the first time I got to know what playing in the finals feels like, and I loved it, and I’ll do my best to make it happen again, in Baltimore and in Maine.

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon
Co-GM - Maine Timber

[Image: ekaterina-valieva-spotlight.png]
Thanks @xjoverax for the sig!

Option 1:

I’d like to think I would cook a 5 star meal. Nothing fancy but it would be everyone’s favourite. First as an appetizer I’d make Moose nachos using Doritos as the chips topped with green peppers, onions, Jalapeños, mounds of cheese and the ground moose meat. This dish is always a fan favourite at any event I bring it too. Then for the main dish I would barbecue some burgers served with a poutine on the side. The burgers would be full of flavour seasoned with the best seasonings and topped with mozzarella cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickles, deep fried onion ring, barbecue sauce and cream cheese. These burgers are unreal the fries are cooked in fresh oil topped with some beef gravy and mozzarella cheese. For Dessert we would have deep fried Oreos. They are crazy good. Some people may have fancier dishes but the flavour will be nowhere near mine.

[Image: cuffana.png]

philippe eko eel had a bit of a conundrum when it came to the cookout competition - he was mentally prepared to make one of his favorite seaweed + tiny fish recipes (typical eel cuisine btw) when he heard that Binko Koivu, formerly of the minnesota monarchs but now of the atlanta inferno again, @goldenglutes planned to make one of his favorite sushi dishes. tuna? no... perhaps uni? nope.... uh oh.... binko koivu wanted to make unagi, which stars and features...... eel! :hotdogsweat: thankfully one of his friends Munko Aitmukhambetov @Duff101 had a keen eye out on all of the day's menus and heard of what binko was planning to make - munko ran over to philippe eko eel and told him that there was a chance that binko was going to kill and butcher him and serve him as food to the rest of the team. eel was able to use this knowledge to escape unscathed, and eventually was able to sit binko the butcher down and explained to him that he's not even the right type of eel for unagi and furthermore it's insanely mean and disrespectful to murder a teammate

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Written 1

Jamie Fraser is quite the competitor, and absolutely not a cook or keeper of the house as my old player Jimmy Wagner was. Fraser's closest experiences to cooking have been hunting and prepping his own food in the highlands before traveling to this era, and he is easily outmatched in this competition. Instead, he pushes for the competition to be close enough to a legal hunting space and spends the first half of his time trying to kill a deer. He is successful in the end, and begins to drag it back to the competition kitchen. As he comes through the door, the timer rings for the competitors to step away from their dishes. Fraser serves an entire deer, untouched, and an unidentified sauce based on ingredients he saw others using before he left that simmered for the whole time he was gone, it's incredibly overcooked and inedible. He eventually wins fourth place.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Option 1:
Elly was talking with the other players when the chat erupted in the cookoff talk. Elly being the prideful predator she is didn't want to be outdone! regardless of whether she cooks normally or not. So she set off on the prowl to prepare the for the competition. She was gonna hunt the best game to present to everyone. The day of the get together she arrived at the park super early and began prowling. She was able to catch a couple sizeable birds when the competition took off, then went fishing nearby and pounced on several fish. Elly took everything back to her "station" (which was just a resting area) and laid out all her catches in a row. She then snuck up and grabbed several seasonings and things from other players areas and made a mess on the animals with them. She saw the other players doing so, so it must be part of the rules right? by the time she was done. she had a display of her catches basted with random seasonings. everyone on the judges table gave her headpats before having to clean the area. Everyone had a good laugh, and some of the other chefs even cleaned up and cooked everything Elly had caught. It was a great time. The headpats mean she won right?

(221 words)

[Image: VI1pYTa.jpeg]

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60] [Image: kahri.gif][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60]

Affiliate PT

[Image: P1XRN7f.png]

The Kelowna Knights have not done a lot of winning in the past, well, many seasons, to be frank. But last season the team showed significant signs of improvement, and there was optimism in the locker room for the first time in what felt like forever. The team had a winning record in the regular season that propelled them into a first round playoff matchup against the Great Falls Grizzlies. The Knights' momentum continued as they dispatched the Grizzlies in 6 games setting up a round 2 matchup against Regina.

This was the furthest Gagner had ever been in the playoffs in his career, and he was excited to do some damage against the Elk. The Knights got off to a bad start, dropping the first two games of the series. Gagner helped the team claw back to a game 7. The team went down 4-1 when Gagner scored one for Kelowna, giving the team some hope. Regina eventually scored their 5th goal and crushed any hope that Gagner's goal may have created. He was crushed, his first taste of heartbreak in what has so far been a disappointing career. Next season luckily presents another opportunity for Gagner and the Knights, as they hope to channel this disappointment into future success.

211 words

PanthersPanthersPanthersPanthers

KnightsKnightsKnightsKnights

It took a while, but Alexi Piastri was finally able to be a part of a championship winning team with the Los Angeles Panthers. Piastri joined the team as part of a sign and trade deal with the Minnesota Monarchs the previous offseason and instantly found himself playing a pivitol role with Los Angeles. Piastri shined in the post season on his way to capturing the Anton Razov award as the most valuable player during the post season. Piastri and the rest of the Panthers were on top of the world. Unfortunately, things have not gone as well during the past couple of seasons for Los Angeles. It's tough to come up short of your goals, especially when you've already got a taste of what it's like yo be on top. Fortunately, Alexi and his teammates believe that they're as strong as ever. The Panthers will once again enter this season with the ultimate goal of bringing home the cup.

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

Nathangus McExpxlosion will prepare the succulent yet elusively mysterious dinonuggies. The dinonuuggies are much more than simple chicken nuggets, they are crispier, spicier (in the sense of more spices range than just hotness), tender and also juicy. It is the perfect mix of fat and mechanically separated chicken. I know that @goldenglutes is like yikes micool this is weird, but he eats all the nuggets still. So for this cookoff challenge, I prepare the secret recipe I learned in colorado. The main spices are chinese 5 spice, rosemary, garlic, paprika and sichuan pepper. I grind it all and incorporate it into the meat and stabiliser mix. Then i double bread those dino shaped nuggies, eggwash then cornstarch follow by another eggwash and aromatised panko.

To accompany the nuggies, I have to make a fruity and honey sauce of course. so i start with some cherries, make them into a sauce, add vinegar, salt, and honey and garlic to make it a nice fruity sauce. The atlanta inferno all agree, this is a 10/10 meal that they want to eat again and again, but first, they have to eat their brocoli. @hotdog @Renomitsu @Bongo @MrPresident @Figgy eat your brocoli now.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

OPT2: I think the toughest thing my guy has had to deal with is not actually at the SHL, but in the IIHF. I Feel like my team Japan, has come very close to winning it all TWICE, only to lose both times in the finals. I there there is something to be said for actually getting in the position to potentially win twice, but it feels even better to do it when your not even in the running to win it at all... we were not favoured to even get medals in both of those runs, and yet got to the finals. However, its basicallty lost to the capsule of history as nobody remembers the losers of those games, UNLESS YOU were the ones who lost! So, Its a bit frustrating, but should you be mad that you got somehwere you reasltically should not have been in the first place? Questions for plato I guess!

“I thought I was a goalie, but STA told me forget being a goalie they make nothing, and no one cares about them.  Guess what I was a center all along and I had no idea. Now I am the toast of the town, and I am getting offers from all the GMs and Scouts.”

– Spidey Talent Agency, on Activity Check

Olivija comes to the cookoff ready to rumble. She spent a lot of time with her mom as a kid making desserts, cookies, cupcakes and the like. So while others will be preparing mains, salads, soups and side dishes, Olivija plans on cornering the dessert market. With fewer competitors, and some serious skill, Olivija looks primed to take on the competition. People love sugar, sweets and everything delectable, and it should be easy to woo the crowd with the power of humanity’s addiction to sugar. It’s purely biological, and they simply can’t avoid the power of sweetness. They’ll probably aim for a classic chocolate chip cookie, with her grandmas favourite secret ingredient, corn flakes. It adds a nice chewy, crunchy element, and brings some depth to a great American classic. I do think Rence Sykut will win, I just have some feeling that they’d bring something incredible, but Olivija will enjoy it all regardless!

Prompt 2:

As Roger is still rocking away with a team with low expectations (avg placement of 4.75 in the division per season predictions) there's no real peak to fall from. The closest consideration to give is how Murdock went from feeling on top of the world with his work in his draft season but still ended up going in the second round. Even then he went from being a J second rounder to an SHL second rounder so like... is there even a "we're so done" built into his life experience? I'd say no.

Going back historically we can consider Axel Foley's career. Went from being the J champ in his rookie season, had a quick joever moment when the Kraken lost in his second season, but bounced back with good individual seasons. But hey, not everyones a winner every year so sometimes you have to take value from your personal experience. That ability to bounce back just comes from knowing that you gotta keep cooking in life even when the kitchen gets hot. But sometimes the kitchen gets too hot. After some good deep runs with Edmonton in his first few years, Foley fell off big. Lights were too bright, we were so over, and we stayed over. There's no bouncing back.

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

In Demir Bellona's short career so far, it all started when he got drafted first overall to the Quebec City Citadelles. They were an up and coming team with strong players and were looking to take the team deep into the playoffs. Things changed when he got left available in the expansion draft and got taken once again first overall by the Ottawa Highlanders. His short SMJHL career was on the rise and he had to go back to the bottom with a new team. Carolina eliminated them through six games in the first round and everyone expected the same fate for the rest of Bellona's short SMJHL career but the Highlanders surprised many when they reached the finals last season. I think having a bunch of players that teams didn't want to keep them made them stronger and all the Highlanders grew together throughout the season. It was unfortunate to miss out on the Four Star Cup in Bellona's last sMJHL season but a more important cup is in his sights ahead of him.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

Last season, in his last season with the Nevada Battleborn, Literally Wizard experienced the worst drop from the top he had ever felt in his life time. The Battleborn were coming off one of their best seasons and entering the playoffs as the second best ranked teams with some of the highest odds to make a deep run. The problem is things appeared easier than they actually were for the Battleborn. Literally Wizard entered the series feeling confident as if it was his tournament to lose after his best performance in the season with Battleborn. The Battleborn started the playoff run with a 1-1 record against the Scarecrows coming off a dominant win that ended at an eleven to three score line. However things drastically change as things continued, the Scarecrows took another game making it 2-1. Wizard was in shock as everything the GMs had created was crumbling so easily. It was almost like this was a once in a lifetime occurrence.

Option 2

[Image: IsJIh5s.png?format=webp&width=872&height=1066]