Create Account

S78 PT #0: Taste of a Champion Due: Sunday, August 11th @ 11:59 PM PST

Option 1:

Matiss does enjoy cooking however during the season he does not get around to doing it much due to him having a private chef during the season to make sure he is getting all of his nutritional needs to be the best player that he could be. If Matiss were to cook in the cooking competition he would be making a meal that he used to have on special occasions including birthdays and celebrations and that would be some surf and turf including filet, shrimp skewers with lobster mac n cheese. This is one of Matiss’ favorite meals and he loves to cook it during the off season. He has cooked this meal so much during his lifetime that he can practically do it in his sleep. Obviously the competition goes well with the dish turning out perfect and everyone raving about the meal. Matiss comes out a champion and everyone wants to have him cook that meal for them during the off season.

Leo can not cook, if he ever got into an argument saying he could he would be lying. He would have to try his best though. He’s never really cooked any other than extremely basic foods so his go to would be a grilled chicken with broccoli and mashed potatoes. Garlic butter all of it because he loves garlic butter(who doesn’t?). The dish would turn out okay, something you’d enjoy to eat but it wouldn’t come close to winning the competition on the team. I’d assume people like Ho-Lee Smokes and Mograine would have some great dishes that they’d make which would bring them closer to winning. Leo had a trick though, he’d bring wine for everyone to drink while eating and he’d have them taste his dish last, so everyone was somewhat drunk by the time his dish would come around. This would work and he’d finish higher than expected but would still lose to Cracker Pizza’s famous dish the cracker pizza. Can’t beat it.

[Image: Rn4Vt1E.png]

Growing up in Latin America has prepared me for both large meal prep as well as making delicious delicious tacos that the entire team will love. Personally I love a little pork belly taco because pigs are just stupid miniature land hippo and that is what the team is going to get.  Step one will be heading to a local farm and sourcing the meat from only the happiest of pigs.  From there the second most important ingredient is a little grilled pineapple and honestly I'm just gonna get that from the grocery store on the way back from the farm along with the onions, cilantro, seasonings, and corn tortillas.  After that I'll head to the practice facility and start cooking.  Thankfully I get to go last and end on a high note with the rest of the squad giving me a slight advantage over starting out strong and fading down the line as more food are sampled.

Written Option 1:
I make a pretty amazing fettucine with meat sauce, so that is what I will be cooking. I don't really care if I win, because either way I am going to eat it, and it is delicious. But of course I will try to win, for bragging rights. My plan is quite simple, I take 1 teammate at a time aside, and make them a deal that I will vote for them if they vote for me. I then do this with as many teammates as possible, thus securing my victory. Anyone who doesn't want to make this deal with me will be sabotaged by adding cinnamon to their meal. No one wants that with a hearty dinner. So any votes I don't get from cheating, I should get due to taste anyway. Lastly, during the vote, I will also vote for myself and betray all the deals I made with others anyway, just to be sure I win. 163 words

[Image: NOLA-oiduser.png]

Written Option 1:

Slip McScruff thought it was pretty weird that the team wanted the taste of champions. He played for many different teams in a couple different countries, even did the international circuit. He didn't think cannibalism was popular or legal in any of those places. Not only that, they wanted to taste a champion, not just a regular person. He was willing to try anything once, but he drew the line at a family recipe, they were both off limits and none of them were champions.

To get around the moral and legal grey area, he decided to crown some champions among some chicken and cook them. He was not comfortable having the chickens fight, so he built an obstacle course in his backyard. The chickens ran a tournament over the course of three days, and Slip cooked the winners to feed the team. To really amp up the champion theme, he made his little champions into Crunchwrap Supremes.

Others put more effort into cooking while Slip was running chicken races, so they cooked circles around him, but we know who had more fun.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

Bas O'Bigbers Jr. only just finished their first season so they've yet to truly experience that fall from glory yet. However Bas O'Bigbers Jr.'s uncle, Guiness O'Bigbers, went from playing on a four star cup quality winning team in the SMJHL to playing for Montreal in the early 70s when they were a threat to have a winless season year in and year out. That was pretty brutal because it was like going from feeling like you could do anything to feeling like even the most basic and mundane task was impossible. The energy in Montreal at that time was extremely low and everyone was generally pretty discouraged. I think that the most grueling part about that whole journey for Guiness is that it took so much work to get to the SHL but it was like once he was there, what was really the point? Guinness didn't play much longer in the SHL after that. Retiring after the S76 season from SHL hockey he now plays pro in Ireland.

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]

Sim Team Head - PT Pass

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

It's not necessarily a setback per se, but Gronlund is going from a competitive, championship-winning team in Quebec City to the Calgary Dragons who are still rebuilding. A setback of circumstance, if you will. Calling Gronlund up is yet another step taken by the team to continue beefing up their depth chart and climb the standings. They've been sitting stagnant at 16th (-ish) place for several seasons now, but the first wave of call ups was a mere two/three seasons ago, and Fredrik fully intends on playing an essential role in bringing Calgary back to the top of the Pacific division. If he's being honest, Gronlund hasn't been training or pushing as hard as he could and should be. Sleeping became a bit of a hobby this past off-season, and he's lost some pep particularly in his skating. So that's going to be the first order of business for Fredrik: hit the ice like a man possessed and be the best he can be for the first game of the season.

[img=0x0]https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/grUaWFD9ou9EjLV73AFr8OZ5Z5ZgBJHWeh35DDNtFgI/https/i.imgur.com/hQtmi8A.png[/img]
CitadellesCitadelles

Cade de Vries does not have a lot of things going for him in the Nevada cook-off. First, he is quite tall, and his dexterity is not amazing. He is 6’7” for crying out loud, he moves like a tank, not a zippy go-kart. Second, all of his American teammates have already mastered the art of “Barb-e-Que”, something de Vries does not know how to do. Intimidation is also out the window as 2 of his teammates are world renown fighters on and off the ic, and would probably join a fight if de Vries tries to sabotage his competitors. The one thing de Vries has going for him is that he knows at a very basic level how to cook Dutch cuisine, so that could make him stand out for cooking what he always cooked growing up. So can de Vries do it and cook a masterpiece? (No, he cannot)
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2024, 02:57 AM by Fluberwusterdinge.)

Coming from the major cultural center that is Florence, there's all but shortage of options when it comes to approaching culinary culture. With that said, it'd be remiss to not acknowledge the potential mood-lifting powers of a hearty meal, Andrea would know this by heart. There's abundance of restaurants and bars in Quebec, and Italian food is anything but exotic to come across, with that said, he figured it could be a fine opportunity to share the very soul of italian cuisine with the team. Alas, he may not have the extraordinary experience and kitchen smarts his nonna has, but you can bet he made sure to learn more than the ropes about cooking before moving out into the wild world, and the even wilder cold that is Canada. The night prior he'd make sure to go over town to buy produce and goods, all fresh and natural along with some fine wine to go along with. By early morning, and with a goal in mind, he'd endeavour to prepare an (almost) full-course meal for his presentation. A casual antipasto with a selection of a a few cheese and cold meats cut in cubes along with some bread and wine, to get things started. A pot of Ribollita to follow, for which he in fact had to get up early so that the vegetable, bread and beans potage would be fully softened over a long, slow cook, intended so that each could enjoy a bowl, nutritive, strong flavour and reminiscent of home. Following up, a plate of pasta to boot, but not just the flavorless crap they sell you cold at the market, none of that. This is would be a home-cooked lasagna with a bolognese sauce of thick body, in addition to the traditional ingredients, carrots, celery, bay laurel and a splice of mushrooms were to be found, giving it that extra oompf. And to end it all, in case he were not to have the contest on the bag by this point, a classic plate of tiramisu along with a cup of coffee, classy, delicious and non-complicated. Needless to say, this whole ordeal took several hours from him, but it goes without a word that the most difficult part would have been, without a question, to not get himself to eat his stuff by himself. At any rate, if you belong to QCC, you better not be either a picky eater or a light eater, you'd hate losing the opportunity for such a lavish (even if exccesive) treat.

Option 1: James has had years to perfect cooking on short notice and with few ingredients so what he follows can't exactly be called a 'recipe'. Like with everything else in his life, he follows his gut. The main dish is super meat-heavy, owing to James's personal tastes, but he knows how to tailor because Rose isn't a carnivore like himself. Thus: a perfect hamburger. Toppings not just thrown on, but prepped along with the burger to maximize the flavors of each part and to enhance the synergy. When compared to the meals that his teammates make it's certainly not... Fancy. But it's damn good, that's for sure. He also definitely doesn't win the awards at the end of the day, but you know who gets to be the grill master of the dragons? Nobody would expect it to be a wolverine. Yet James manages it.

"I'm the best there is at what I do... and what I do isn't very nice."

[Image: KMCIWeC.png]