Create Account

S78 PT #1: You’re Gonna Go Far, Kid Due: Sunday, August 18th @ 11:59 PM PST

Scar Bealey has always been a teammate that includes everyone on the team to feel like part of the family, that they’re welcome. That was always his goal coming into St. Louis, to help make the Scarecrows feel like one big family. He knows that getting everyone in the locker room on the same page leads to everyone working harder to be a better player, not just for themselves, but for each other. However, Scar ran into an issue along the way. He has a team FULL of people that are willing to help out the newest Scarecrows and include them into the team! Alexa Johansen has been phenomenal in leading this effort, and Louis Belanger is right behind her in following her example. And Jack Booth has been helping a ton too. Honestly, Scar doesn’t have to really do anything to help in St. Louis since that work is being done for him. Scar just gets to focus more on his own game, but he’s always willing to answer questions and help out as well. A tightly knit team is huge for the Scarecrows to continue to grow as an organization as they try to get back to being a powerhouse in the J. (205)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

PT Pass

[Image: downer.gif]

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]

Option 2:

When Mac Turner was younger, and in the SMJHL, he was drafted to the Regina Elk, the now Thunder Bay Walleye. My First GM was Blake, though he wasnt my GM for long, resigning I think like a couple days later, I recall telling him, "he was the best GM I had ever had up to that point." My next GM and, in my opinion one of the best users in the SHL was Reno. I love Reno, even though he might claim otherwise he was the best GM ever, and I'm so glad that I am lucky enough to of gotten to known him and be drafted to the Elks/Walleye. International hockey-wise, Ramen was my mentor, (and a really good one at that). Ramen showed me all the beginner ropes for FHM and GMing, and introduced me to WJCs, for which I am thankful. I cannot leave out Yosh, who is one of my best friends in the SHL and I'm so happy to be his Co-GM. Oh wait this is a documentary on hockey...

[Image: rGE8JTw.png]
Ty to Eni's Sig Shop
[Image: 2UUYSbn.png]
ty to ragnar

Option 1
Willow is kind of a funny player in regards to leadership. She’s been named captain of team Sweden a few times but in reality she’s actually very bad at being a mentor to the younger players, but she’s very good in regards to dealing with fellow veteran players. So when GM Caleb asked Willow to try and help players out in regards to learning how to get used to the SHL level and adjustments to their game, she panicked. Thankfully on San Francisco there are several great teammates who are more than willing to help the rookies and the two best for the job are Logan Webb and Mercedes Bayle. Logan is great for helping the rookies just get adjusted to the life of a major leaguer because he’s so kind and welcoming and always willing to lend a helping hand or ear to a struggling rookie. Mercedes does the same but is an absolute workhorse in practice and helps rookies find their stride there as well.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]
[Image: IyckvZg.png]

Option 1:

As a newcomer to the New England Wolfpack myself, I'd be silly to act like I know the ins and outs of the team and locker room, however I'm reaching the point in my career where I can be considered a veteran. Despite not having a goalie younger than me on the team, I do feel that I lead by example when possible, keeping things light and positive and showing our newer guys that the best way to play is free and easy. While others may be more adept at technical skills or be more intense about training regimens, I'm all about the good vibes and simply leaving your best out on the ice. It's an attitude that has served me well so far on my league journey, and I'm confident that others can learn from it as well. When folks have a bad game, they can count on me to hand them a beer and a controller for some chill and Chel afterwards.

(164 words)

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

It has been a hilariously long time since the Pride have had fresh rookies. I know you think I'm kidding or that I'm exaggerating, but it has quite literally been three whole seasons since the last one debuted in the yellow and purple. Viktor was just hitting his prime and his bones didn't creak like old stairs. Thankfully he still hasn't fallen to "oldest guy on the team" status yet, so he's still got some patience left to deal with this season's one and only rookie addition. Supah Dupah actually played for the same J team as Viktor, who may or may not have been moonlighting as the QCC GM this entire time. Regardless of whether or not that rumour is ever confirmed as real, the two are quite familiar with each other both on and off the ice. And thank fuck for that, because Viktor isn't much of a communicator. Since he's a show more than tell kind of guy, the easiest thing to pass down to Dupah will be his rigid daily routine and gruelling training regimen. I never did say it would be an enjoyable experience for the rookie.

Code:
192 words

[Image: loreoh.gif]
[Image: eP8F2Ne.png][Image: xm4idGe.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png][Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Option 1: Since I’m still playing in juniors, everyone, except a few exceptions whose family lives in Quebec City, is staying with a billet family during the season, getting a bunch of guys who just hit majority staying on their own is probably not a good idea. All billet families have two players staying with them and the team has decided that every rookie on the team is automatically paired with a player that has already played at least one season with the team to facilitate their integration both with the team and with the city, since they get a teammate that could show them around if they needed to. This season I’m staying with one of our rookies. Since he is still too young to have it driver license, I’m the one who takes him anywhere he wants to go, and I told him that I’m available whenever he needs me. I think that if I can get help them significantly off the ice and remove the stress factors he could have experienced while moving to a new city, it will put him in a position to focus on what he needs to do on the ice which impact his performances positively.

201 words

Nor Ge
norway Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Written Option 1

Well, Easton isn't a rookie anymore in the junior ranks, which means that it's a whole new feeling with even younger talent coming in through Ottawa's recent draft.  He isn't really used to the idea of being a 'mentor' or 'model player' for some of the new players, but he knows, with his whole career ahead of him, it's an inevitable reality.  He does lead the Ottawa Highlanders in scoring already, so eyes are already on him.

"It's been a fun challenge this season", he said in an interview with a local sports news broadcast, "Losing guys like Demir and Benji to the SHL leaves a bit of a hole in our leadership core for sure, but with Pique and Biggsy, there's a new core that's always forming, and one day it will be my turn as well.  I'm more the type of guy that players come to to goof off with, not ask much advice.  Some new guys have approached me about hockey stuff, yeah, so I do take the time with them.  Demir did it with me last season and we went to the finals."

[Image: Fsysi9W.png][Image: R6eC8Fu.png]
285 TPE
OTT (S76-)
[Image: ApcZMh6.png]
credit: enigmatic
389 TPE
COL (S56-60)

I'd be nowhere without Reno, Mac, and Yoshi picking me up for the Regina Elk. The best part? They did it by accident. So, for the Jr. League, you have to put a claim in for any player who is between drafts. I made my player between drafts. after I made my player, Reno sent me a message just to see what my interest in joining Regina was (is?). I didn't get back to Reno quickly, mostly because I was busy at the time, so Reno said "I sent him a DM but I'm getting no reply, if he doesn't reply i'm not going to claim." This was followed up with Reno saying "the claim is already in!" which was right after we talked. The best part, Anchorage passed on me. I'm glad they did, not that I wouldn't have been happy there, but I am super happy I got to make such new friends in Regina. I don't know what they would say about me now, but I know they were happy to get a max earning D man to fill the all active core we had!

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

Written Option 1

Whenever we have a new group of rookies in Texas, I make it a point to get them assimilated to the team and locker room before they ever step foot on the ice with the rest of the team. I like to take the rookies out in Texas, to see the sites and get some authentic Texas barbeque. I do believe that this quality time with teammates is critical to building that locker room chemistry that will last for seasons to come. Once the off season fun is over, we then take it to the ice. At that point, I will work with the rookie defenseman to teach them about the differences between the SHL and juniors where they may have played for several seasons prior. I really focus on how much faster the SHL game is, and how they need to be prepared to make quicker decisions and be more cautious with the risks they might take. I take my mentorship role very seriously, and if I can help make a rookie feel even one percent more prepared, I would be really happy.

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

ISFL AFF CLAIM

Code:
Written Option 1: With every new season some new faces join the team. How is your player helping those fresh rookies to become the best they can? Do they help them all the best they can or are they the kind of person who first finds someone they like to take under their wing? Or if they know better to leave things like this to others, who they think is the best one in the team to leave it to, why them?

I absolutely love being a veteran on a team. It is so much fun to take a player under my wing. I understand that it is only my second season in the junior league, but still, I feel like the knowledge I have can really help out with the junior players. Welcoming in new rookies is all part of how the team can compete. Rookies help the team win, and growing rookies help the team win championships. If you can get rookies to buy in and go after the big time, you get a championship team in the junior league. It is a bit of a different animal in the SHL. In the pro league you need players to be engaged much longer, however that can happen when you show dedication yourself and show everyone that you can honestly be available to answer questions whenever a new player joins the squad. All I can hope is that my little bit of knowledge can really show and help players grow and love the league as much as I do.

178 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

ISFL PT (username is Drizzy)

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Simmer PT Pass

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile

Option 2

The Diehm documentary is far from a complete story, but so far it is story of adapting and never giving up. It begins by discussing Marton's early attempts to succeed in non-hockey sports like soccer and handball, ones more traditionally held in esteem by Germans. Interviews with some of his early coaches reveal how he was guided towards hockey and his youth hockey coach, now getting quite old, details the work ethic that was instilled in Marton when he first stated. Having begun hockey at an older age than the other boys, his skills were at first a shadow of what others his age, what even younger kids, were able to do. He had to put in significantly more time and effort to catch up physically. But he had a mental advantage carried over from those other sports: he simply saw the game differently. The codified approaches and understandings of hockey had not been ingrained yet in his young brain, so Marton interpreted hockey movements as if they were handball or soccer plays, leading to often unconventional ways of interacting. The old coach is proud to say that he himself had to learn to let little Marton Diehm make his own choices here, that it would have been wrong to try to impose too much of the "right" way to do things on the boy. And though doing it his own way has not often brought the acclaim and recognition, it has clearly developed into an impactful and unique hockey professional.

[Image: YpRQWIT.png]
Sig courtesy @sulovilen

[Image: SyiOY8U.png][Image: showthread.php?tid=126581%5D][Image: ywpNoYb.png]