Create Account

S78 PT #1: You’re Gonna Go Far, Kid Due: Sunday, August 18th @ 11:59 PM PST

Written Option 1: 
As still a pretty new face team in the team, I dont feel like I have enough of knowledge to tell someone what to do or how to do something, so most of the time, I try to be there, help when I can, but mostly I stand apart and sometimes also listen to the advices, because theres always something new to learn, especially on the ice respectively, in the cage. But I am surely not scared of the new players, I like to find something new about them, talk to them and just have fun and things like this, to create good atmosphere in the locker room. I am still learning a lot of new stuff, but I think that at some point, I would become a helpful part of the team and help the rookies to reach their dreams and be on the top of SMJHL of even on the top of SHL

Akira SUZUKI
Goalie of Nevada Battleborn
Drafted S78 by Los Angeles Pathers
[Image: GeDPfU3.png]

Written option 1

Jaromir Jagrbomb tries to always be very warm and welcoming towards rookies, as he still remembers how it felt when he joined the league. He treats everyone the same, and especially for the first few weeks, keeps an eye on the rookies in case they look lost or don't know what to do in any situation, whether it's warm-up, practice, pre-game or a team dinner. He tries to not make a big deal out of it, but to gently tell them what to do. He also occasionally asks them to join a dinner at the Jagrbomb place, an invitation that many have accepted. Jagrbomb also has a great home gym and a practice area, and he sometimes asks for the rookies to come and practice with him, just to set an example. Jagrbomb wants the new players to realize right away that the vets do everything they can to get better, so that's what the rookies should start doing as well. The coach once suggested that Jagrbomb could take some rookie to live in his place for the first couple of weeks when they come over to the big league. Maybe that'll happen some day.

[Image: sulov.gif]

Option 2

"Luca was just ahead of everyone else in the area. You put him out on the ice and he would make magic happen." Pane's former coach, Coach Rossi, back in the Milan Sport Accademia had to say. Luca Pane is a current SHLer that hails from Italy. Not a lot of players have come from Italy, and Luca is showing why he is one of the best the country has to offer. He was first scouted way back when he was just 13 years old. "It was easy to see the kid had a lot of talent and a drive to improve daily." - Former Scout for St Louis Scarecrows. It was when he was drafted into the SMJHL where Luca found his next step. Armed with a whole team of trainers and coaches, Luca was able to take their advise and work on rounding out his overall game. Always giving it his all, no matter what.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

Written Option 2:

Looking back on his short career so far, Elvar Gil-Galad will always remember his first coach so long ago in the small town of Hella Iceland. His first coach was an old woman who lived down the lane who used to yell at Elvar for skating in her yard. At just two years old, the youngling wasn't sure what the old woman was so mad about but when she started throwing rocks at him, he learned quickly to block them and before he knew it, he was quite good at deflecting anything that came in his direction.

He would go every day to the woman's yard just to antagonize her so he could get in more practice. She never realized until years later that she was helping start the career of a young Icelander whose dream was to play in the SHL. When he thanked her at an awards show years later, the response was not exactly as he intended as the townsfolk were pissed off that an old lady was throwing rocks at kids and ran her out of their village.

[Image: wLeEjGc.jpeg]

(This post was last modified: 08-16-2024, 10:51 AM by CptSquall.)

Written Option 1:

Brooklyn Physt's main approach has always been to make rookies and newly traded for players feel right at home. Working to include and engage them in team events. The key is not to really be forcing, its gotta feel natural. The Toronto North Stars have had a zero hazing policy from before she was drafted. This is something she has gone to continue to uphold now that she was named captain going into S78.

"We keep the room fun and light hearted here" She was quoting as having told local reporters covering the beginning of the season. "If the vibe is fun, its easier to get into the flow of our game" A low stress environment filled to the brim with camaraderie seems to be the pace. Building that into a winning team, always the goal.

[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: CptSquall.gif]

Written Option 1

Valtteri is now in his sophmore season so he knows well how it feels as rookie to join their new team. Draft day he made sure to congratulate every rookie who drafted to the timber and made them feel proud to put the timber uniform on. As Valtteri is not yet the most experienced player in the team so he let the captains and other experienced guys to directly mentor them, but will try to lead them by example daily. Valtteri is known to be one of the hardest workers in the team and will try to show that way to the rookies on ice, but also outside of the rink. With Valtteri also being from outside of na he will try to help more of the players coming from overseas to settle in completely new enviroment in na as he also had to do that year before. And looking how couple first games have went looks like the rookies have settled really well here.

prompt 1

As the preseason began, M’Baku Olubori was given a heavy task. After years of playing with league legends like Lord Raiden, Max Manning, as well as up and coming stars like Erik Bergmark, the coaches asked him to mentor the teams young players, centering sophomore Brandon Gilleyes and the team’s sole rookie, Inge Baardsen. Gilleyes had a solid rookie season, mostly playing alongside Matsmith Soderberg-Tremblay and captain Erik Bergmark. With some adjustments across the lineup after a S77 season that fell short of many of the team’s goals, the coaching staff wants to see what he can do alongside another young player in Baardsen. Baku embraces this challenge—at this point in his career, he accepts that he won’t get the elite linemates, and will have to be the play driver on a secondary scoring line. He’s vocal in camp giving some tips to the young wingers as they run through drills and practice within the team’s schemes. Additionally, he shares some advice he learned early on from Cassius Darrow’s summer conditioning camps about being a professional athlete, nutrition, and the like. Chemistry is a huge part of how Baltimore competes, and he knows he’ll have to be the glue while Gilleyes and Baardsen learn how to play together.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: FuriousChicken.gif]

Fortunately, Dunkler is still quite early in their career so any teammates are still pretty much current teammates. Obviously The Murray would be a great choice as they played together with Dunkler down in the SMJHL and up in the SHL so they would have good history together. Pretty much any current veteran on Tampa would be a fine comparison since Dunkler is only in his third season in the pro league.

Going back to Detroit veteran teammates, you could go get input from Wayne Holloway. Wayne was one of the only all-stars on the Detroit teams that struggled to find wins in Dunkler’s first few seasons. He now plays for division rival Manhattan. Two other good players to interview may be past defensive partners of Dunkler, both with incredibly difficult to spell names. Simo Jääskeläinen and Dunkler put together some dominating performances, both being nominated for the SMJHL top defensive defenseman award. Also Mephistopheles Morgonstjärna was one of the first players to line up next to Dunkler on the blue line.

[Image: 88pk1Hz.png]

Written Option 1: With every new season some new faces join the team. How is your player helping those fresh rookies to become the best they can? Do they help them all the best they can or are they the kind of person who first finds someone they like to take under their wing? Or if they know better to leave things like this to others, who they think is the best one in the team to leave it to, why them?

It has been a few seasons now since Meo Vanbiesbrouck joined the Tampa Bay Barracuda but what a relief it is to have some who can step in and take a few games. Prior to his arrival we had a couple corpses that would get flung into the net when I hit exhaustion so having a real bona fide person to actually help carry the load is AWESOME! Some goalies don't like splitting the net but when you are absolutely run off your feet you are not performing at your best. With another person we are able to get more suitable matchup while remaining in top form. He might be a bit further down the TPE chain from me but we are going to be a dynamic Duo for this franchise. Keep up the Great work Meo! Can't wait to see how the next few seasons shake out for us both!

@Dhoop

151 words

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

A documentary about Grzegorz's beginnings as a player was set to be a runaway success with an extremely specific demographic. They wanted to interview Grzegorz's father, only to learn that Grzegorz's father died in a coal mine accident in his early childhood. So they then tried to interview Grzegorz's mother, but she spent the entire interview rambling about the Mole People who live in the center of the Earth and that US President John Quincy Adams created special doors for them in the White House walls. The documentarists were rather disturbed to learn that she was correct about the latter point, but moved on to interviewing Grzegorz's childhood coaches. One of these coaches was exposed as a notorious murderer who had fled from the Russian police in 1986 and set up shop in Krakow. He was promptly extradited to Russia, but not before insisting that Grzegorz had a level of innate talent for the goaltending position that he hadn't seen since Vladislav Tretiak. The documentary had to be completely rewritten to be less about Grzegorz's early childhood shaping him into a top goalie, and more about asking the question of how he ended up even remotely functional when his personal and home life in childhood involved such a massive percentage of lunatics and criminals.

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

Option 2:

For this kickstart documentary, they need to go way back and ask @Blitz and @TheSparkyDee what they were thinking when they decided to bring me on as an RFA, and then why again they decided to draft me to STL. Worked out pretty well. Then they need to bring in @Muerto with Sparky to see what the gameplan was on brining Beck to Winnipeg. Turns out it was 100% the right move and it paid off. Honestly, if it wasn't for Sparky, Beck's career could have looked very very different - different teams, different situations. It all worked out as Beck is now one of the cornerstones of the franchise.  @Ace and @RashfordU helped develop Beck into a great player and give him the opportunity to shine. Could possible go down as one of the best 3rd D of all time lol. Very thankful that it all worked out that way and I'm also looking forward to player #2 in a few seasons. We'll see who else influences my course then.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png][Image: augr5GV.jpeg]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, tweedledunn, and jaypc8237 for sigs

Written Option 1:

Barg Hazbite is a true leader in the locker room, and the rookies just naturally gravitate toward him. They see his stardom and they want to be just like Barg. Early in the season, at training camp, Barg would have the rookies carry his 12 packs of Barq's to the ice and then they would have to clean up all the empty cans when he was finished. To the rookies, it was like touching a golden egg. "Can you believe Barg Hazbite's lips were on this?!" one of them was overheard saying. Barg knows that a healthy dose of Barq's consumption will propel these young cats into being superstars in their own right, so he trains them to drink as much as they can. One might call it unnecessary, but do they know what it takes to be great? NO! There are kegs upon kegs lined in the locker room and Barg forces these rookies to drink straight from the tap and they need to deplete that keg in less than 20 minutes. Failure will not be accepted. They need to be great!

[Image: mmflex.png?ex=6587840c&is=65750f0c&hm=49...0873cbea2&]

WRITTEN OPTION 1

Aumy Junior II isn't the most active player in the off-season. Since most of the time he is playing hockey in United States or Canada, off-season is usually a rest time for him. He travels back to Finland where his family is based at. So the new season for him always is a surprise. He pretty often doesn't know the new players or rookies. He just knows the fact that some players are traded to Toronto, signed through free agency or drafted. However, he is always happy to help new players, so he is ready to give some advice or anything else. He knows how hard it is to be at a new team where no one really cares or tries to help. Winning starts with those little things. For example, just being here for your teammates when it's needed the most. That's a mentality which helps to win. Aumy Junior II always tries to help teammates no matter if they are seniors or rookies.

165 words

Stars Stars Stars

When it comes to the rookies I think it’s always important to make them feel comfortable. They are coming into an environment that’s new and where they are the youngest on the team and it can be a little intimidating. Having that comfort allows players to perform optimally and give it their best, plus you also want the team to gel and have a good dynamic.

I’m not one to really get too involved with the rookies though. I do a good job at making sure they feel ok and I don’t ignore them or whatnot, but in terms of taking them under their wings, I think Derek Martin excels the best at that. Not only because he’s our captain, but as a person he’s great and he really tries to show them the ropes and really help them with their day to day life until they’re accustomed to being in a new environment, city, team, etc.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]