Create Account

S78 PT #1: You’re Gonna Go Far, Kid Due: Sunday, August 18th @ 11:59 PM PST

Option 1
Kristian Seppanen, the star defenceman for the Atlanta Inferno hockey team of the eastern conference of the Simulation Hockey League, otherwise known as the SHL, is always happy to help out the younger, newer players. Kristian Seppanen is not too far removed from being a rookie, and so feels he is best positioned among the team to help new players get acquainted with the team, the league, and the pacing of being a professional hockey player in the Simulation Hockey League. Kristian Seppanen's willingness to help his teammates, regardless of their age, is a contributing factor to his leadership on the team, which got him wearing the "A" as an assistant captain as early as his rookie season. Seppanen also helps everyone he can, when they need help, rather than finding specific players to take under his wing and mentor - he sees the value in broad support to everyone to help the team be cohesive, as well as to ensure players develop the skills to take care of themselves when they're veterans, in hopes they'll return the favour.

Written Option 2: Your player has agreed to take part in a short documentary that highlights their career so far. For starters they want to go back to interview people who have helped at the beginning of your players career. Who were the people who first saw your players potential and helped them to take the next steps? What do they have to say about your player?

In the documentary, people has been saying great things to Hannah. One of the comments were that Hannah is showing some good potential to become a star player. Currently, that's the case because she has 9 goals and 7 assists so far in S78. All in 16 games. A player from the Berserkers that first saw my potential was Jason Warwaha. He said to Hannah at the end of Season 77 that she just needs to keep going, have a big improvement in season 78, and she'll be in the big leagues (SHL). sburbine also complimented that Hannah has been doing decent, but she is applying tons of TpE so she can progress her skills. Hannah said that she also wants to avoid the penalty box, so she is less aggressive and weak in fighting. Will that affect her? We'll find out if that's the case at the end of S78.

Option 1:

Shadow Fenix knows what it's like. Just a year ago, he was the fresh faced rookie. Now, after his first full season in the SHL, he is the battle hardened veteran. Some people might say that just one season doth make a veteran yet, but alas, they would be wrong. Fenix is a veteran, tried and true. Fenix is helping them by telling them that since it's a simulated hockey league, the stat sheets don't really matter all that much; they only thing that matters is having fun. Of course, in order to have fun, Fenix says, one must score a lot of goals and win games. The rookies seem to be following this mantra, and the Argonauts have won some games because of it. The games they've lost, however, they've still had fun in because the Argonauts are one of the best teams in the world. Maybe ever. We'll leave it up to the rookies to decide.

Isfl pt claim

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

[Image: zunN7Xg.png]

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: XlUQV2V.png]

Written Option 1: With every new season some new faces join the team. How is your player helping those fresh rookies to become the best they can? Do they help them all the best they can or are they the kind of person who first finds someone they like to take under their wing? Or if they know better to leave things like this to others, who they think is the best one in the team to leave it to, why them?

AT-AT is a pretty quiet veteran when it comes to helping or guiding any of the rookies on the team. He would certainly offer his opinion if asked, but frankly he's got his own game to worry about! It's not that he's not interested in helping or trying to discourage anyone, he's just a bit into his own thing. He's more focused on developing his own skills and working out his own way than worrying about what anyone else is doing. As far as it goes, the coaches, GMs, or other players might have specific ideas of how they'd like their players to develop. So AT-AT doesn't need to go telling them to do something else! He knows he wouldn't like it if someone told him how he should be doing things, that is if they weren't the coaches or similar. Maybe later in his career when he's a vet with a history of great deeds, then he can venture his opinion on how others should play the game, but until then he just keeps his head down and nose to the grindstone and just works on being the best he can be!

[Image: dZqcwmW.jpg?format=webp&width=710&height=473]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
Argonauts        S77 SHL DRAFT 4TH OVERALL PICK          Argonauts
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Written Option #1:

With this now being his fourth year in the SMJHL, Matviy Cajabi is now one of the elder statesmen on his squad. However, with English not being his first language and his quiet disposition , being a "mentor" isn't something that comes easy or is natural for him. The phrase "lead by example" often comes to mind. As well, he's more of a one-on-one person, finding it easier to "teach" to someone that he can connect with. 
Playing with legends like Edouard and Mia Lavoie during his first season with Maine was an opportunity to witness their leadership qualities first-hand, both of whom had standout careers with the Timber and in the SJHL as a whole. As well, he was the "old man" on a line with rookies Ty Justice and Val Pulkkinen during his breakout year, which forced him into learning how to be a mentor on the fly. 

With every season comes a group of fresh faces, and so he'll show the ropes as best he can to incumbent forwards Anthony Louchard and Darby Reznor (as well as Lucas Snyder and blupesaldo on D and Zsigmond Popovics in goal). Along with the team's leadership group of Deth Klaw, Kristians Mikelis and Anna Skovgaard, Cajabi will help to integrate the new blood by showing them around the arena but more importantly helping them feel comfortable and making Maine feel like home.

[Image: bobdigi9.gif]

When Atticus Hale declared for the SMJHL draft, I feel like there weren’t a lot of people that truly believed in him. Despite his background and work ethic, outside of those close to him, there seemed to be questions about his abilities translating to the higher levels. In hindsight, I don’t know why. Hale still viewed himself as a first round pick, but as the first round of the S60 SMJHL draft came and went, it wasn’t until pick number 14 that he would hear his name called by the Carolina Kraken. Though sve7en has always been a big cheerleader for Atticus and would be the one to ultimately make the call on draft day, it was actually then co-GM Mazatt’s recruitment interview that did the convincing. Over the course of Atticus Hale’s SMJHL career, fellow S60 draftee and teammate Patya Perevalov (natedoeshockey) would become one of his closest friends and their friendly rivalry would be one of the driving forces behind the rise of Hale’s stock leading up to the SHL draft.

During SHL recruitment season, Atticus Hale would get a lot of attention from all of the teams with high first round draft picks. However, it was the New Orleans Specters, who held the second overall pick, and GMs JKortesi81 and python who were in constant contact with Atticus. Real talk - I have to give credit to JKortesi81 here because he and the New Orleans Specters were coming off a run of several seasons in a row in which high draft picks did not pan out. He could have easily decided to pass on the first gen user/player with only a single season under his belt to draft a known commodity and, knowing what I know now, I wouldn’t have blamed him one bit. Instead, he would draft Atticus Hale with the second overall pick in the S61 SHL draft.

Though I’ve met a lot of awesome people during my 3+ years here, it’s those mentioned here that both saw Atticus Hale’s potential and are some of the biggest reasons I’m still here.

[346 words]

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: kPo7Awc.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]

option 1: Kaarlo Koivunen likes to help the new rookies any way he can mostly just like give tips on what to do on the ice or just help them fit into the team better and if they are really new to the team he could help them find places in the city or in the rink/arena so its not just specially rookies he would be helping but just some new players who got here via a trade or signed a contract to his team he would help them adapt to the city and team so it would be easier and funner for them to be here and he doesn't really like to see new players seem that the new place is scary or something similar to that so thats why he likes to help a new player out or a new coach etc not just speicifcally rookies or something like that so he helps everyone.

[Image: cVahF90.png]
[Image: 3XFmqtw.jpeg]

Written Option 1:

Manhattan Rage has opted away from recruiting new faces these last few seasons but at the same time the slow integration of already existing prospects has been there. Niclas Sundqvist has been somewhat of a bridge in between the current roster where many have been on the team for quite a while and the newly arrived prospects. Even though prospects are always part of the SHL team while down in the J, it is more difficult to build a connection with the SHL team as you are not as heavily invested in the team when not playing there. What Niclas brings to the integration here is very simple. No need to take anyone under his wing or delegate the responsibility from the people but simply to treat everyone the same to get them into the team dynamics so that the great atmosphere that exists can keep thriving and grow even better with the new players who have joined.

[158 words]

[Image: kO5aAZV.png]
[Image: 8NuVFvj.png]

PBE affilate - https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=759567

[Image: dc24.png]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: 2C932D37-514E-45EA-95D8-45C16F70520B.jpg...cd072524d&]

Written:

I think it is always awesome when new players join my team. I try to let them decide what kind of assistance they need. For some of them, I try to be there to help out. I offer my support as they get settled into their new home, adjust to their new teammates and what ever other help they need. I remember all too well what it feels like to be the new guy and feeling like I have no idea what is going on, hell, it was tough to figure out where to go to eat breakfast the first day!

But for others, I tend to just sit back and watch. There are some people that seem at home no matter where they are. They dont ever know a stranger and quickly settle in like they have been a part of the team forever. My teammate Mathias is like that. With those types of people, I just sit back and let him...and others...step up to assist the new players. 

As far as I can figure out, there is no perfect answer about what is best to help new players settle in. It is best to let them share what they need and allow them to dictate what help they might need...if any at all.

Defender St Louis Scarecrows: S78-

Sydney Shaw is an expert in helping the rooks. Without hazing, per se, because that is wrong people. Sydney pulls all new players under her wing each season. They start by warming up to me, and each other, and gaining mental confidence. This is accomplished by taking them to a bar on the first night. Loosen up with a couple drinks. Bold ones do karaoke. Everyone socializes. This helps build a tight and trusting community. Once we are mentally warmed up, we can take to the ice. Shaw has specialized physical warm up tips for each player. Mostly it is about open communications. Make it known you can help their needs, if you know their needs. If they need to talk, Sydney is there to listen. If they need help with accuracy, Sydney will schedule extra practice with the couch. If they need help learning how to pop their hip out and reverse the hit, better get skating cause Sydney is gonna smash you. Possibilities are endless and Sydney Shaw will do anything in her power to help.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]